• Published 11th Jan 2012
  • 1,184 Views, 4 Comments

Whom The Belle Tolls - Clockwork Corn



Sweetie Belle and Silver Spoon get stranded during a school field trip.

  • ...
 4
 1,184

Chapter 4: Whom the spoon tolls...

Sweetie Belle continued pacing in circles for what felt like hours. “I’ve got to think of something! I can’t let Silver Spoon show me up here! I’d never hear the end of it. there must be some way off this island” Belle pondered and pondered until her head started to hurt. And then she thought of something. “The birds! Of course! There are birds here. I could get one to deliver a letter back to Ponyville!”

Belle looked up at the trees until she saw a nest. Then she eagerly started climbing the branches towards it. “Fluttershy can get these guys to whatever she wants just by staring at them. That’s not so hard! I bet I could do that.”

Belle clambered up to the nest, balancing precariously on the various branches. Inside the nest were several very small birds, too young to be frightened of her. Belle was hoping for something older and bigger but these would do. She breathed in deeply, pressed her face as close to the baby birds as she could and then leered with the most wide eyed stare that she could muster.

The baby birds ignored her for a moment until one of the more curious ones mistook her for food and pecked her point-blank directly in the eye. Sweetie Belle squealed and recoiled in shock and pain, causing her to lose her footing and fall out of the tree. With a quiet splodge Belle landed in a puddle of mud…directly on her feet like a cat.

For a moment Belle rubbed her aching eye until she realized how amazing her landing was. She was completely fine. Then she saw it, a brown mark on her flank and shortly a broad grin appeared on her face. “Oh my Celestia! My special talent! I found it! It’s perfect balance! Of course! I can’t wait to show everyone!”… ‘But who was there to tell?’ Belle thought to herself. She was still isolated. Then it came to her! She could show up Silver Spoon by dazzling her with a display of her amazing newly discovered acrobatic skills! She began to plan out a whole routine in her mind.

Meanwhile on the other side of the island, Silver Spoon was carving improvised wooden spoons out of planks of wood using sharp stones. “Haha!” she said out loud to herself. “Soon I will show that fool Sweetie Belle. With this arrangement of spoons there are no limits to what I can do! Stupid blank flanks, this is what having a special talent is for! I can use them to escape the island by… Erm…Well I could…”

Silver Spoon sat there in silence unable to think of a practical use for the spoons until it finally dawned on her. She had wasted over an hour carving several spoons for absolutely no reason. They were of no use here and they were the only thing she knew.

Silver Spoon breathed heavily for a minute before shouting out angrily and throwing the spoons wildly in every direction “Blarh! You damn things! I hate you!”

As one of the spoons was hurled high into the air, a blue blur zoomed by at an incredible speed which by complete coincidence accidently collided directly with it. “Owww! Who threw that! Come on! It was you wasn’t it!” Silver Spoon looked up at the voice and to her complete shock and happiness, saw Rainbow Dash hovering above her.

Silver Spoon couldn’t help but shout out in uncharacteristic glee “Rainbow Dash! It’s you!”

Rainbow Dash pulled a quizzical expression as she descended down onto the ground and rubbed the spoon shaped bruise on her cheek. “Err. Yeah it’s me. I know you, aren’t you one of Scootaloo’s classmates? What are you doing out here in the middle of no-where?”

Silver Spoon chuckled still in good spirits from Dash’s appearance. “Heheh, it’s a long story. But I’m stranded here. Do you think you could carry me home?”

Dash laughed “You kidding? I could carry you home with my eyes closed and still be back home before dinner.”

Silver Spoon couldn’t believe her luck and she bounced on the spot excitedly “Fantastic! Let’s go let’s go!”

Dash smirked. “Sure thing kid, you all on your own out here?”

“Well there’s Sw….” Silver Spoon stopped and hesitated for moment.

Dash raised an eyebrow “There’s a what?”

Silver Spoon gulped and then smiled slyly. “Nothing, nevermind. Yeah I’m on my own.”