• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,636 Views, 3 Comments

Thirty Minute Express Train to Story Town - Predhack

  • ...
 3
 1,636

PreviousChapters Next
I Held Some Mail For You While You Were Gone

Dear Princess Luna,

I’m writing because Auntie Celestia said you had to go away somewhere really far away, and you said if you can’t see someone cuz they’re far away you can write them letters. Auntie Celestia said she’d deliver this one for me. She looked really sad when I asked her though. I think she was sad that I’m not writing her a letter, but she has Philomena to keep her company and writing is hard. Besides, she can come talk to me anytime.

Celestia says we’ve gotta move cuz something bad happened and now the castle is gonna get a big forest around it that she says is full of monsters. I don’t mind though. I’m tougher than any monster that can get in here to me. She says I should come with her to the new castle in Canterlot. But I’m gonna stay here and take care of your library like you asked me to. I’ll be fine. I can go outside the castle through the secret exit you gave me to catch food.

Oh! Yesterday I saw a manticore! He was very handsome, but he isn’t like me so I just talked to him. He isn’t smart like me either so I ended up killing him after he tried to follow me home. I asked him one of your questions to see if he was allowed but he just looked confused. Like I said he’s not smart. I didn’t eat him though, I’m not big enough yet.



I’ve been getting really big! I will draw a picture so you can see how big I’ve gotten. You won’t know cuz you haven’t been by since you left last time. I’m almost as big as you were now! And now you’re going away for a long time so when you get back I’ll probably be ginormous. Celestia said I’d be bigger than a house by the time you get back. That’s big! She seemed really sad about that too. Probly cuz Philomena isn’t gonna get bigger. Though I remember you told me that Philomena isn’t ever gonna get older like me. That’s probably fair. I wouldn’t wanna stay little forever.

I hope you are doing okay. I miss you lots since you left. And you looked really sad last time I you were here. Sometimes when I’m hunting at night I will see your moon. It has a pony face on it now and is as pretty as ever. I told Celestia I liked it and she was sad about that too. If she put a face on the sun it would hurt to look at. And I like sleeping during the day anyway cuz that way I don’t get bored in here.

Don’t worry! I’m taking good care of your library. My ponytalk is getting really good and I hardly growl at all now when I ask your questions. And if someone can’t answer enough of your questions I kill them on the spot unless they run away. Ponies are fun to chase and I get tired during the day so I let them get away a lot of the time.

Celestia knows all the answers to the questions though, so that’s boring. I’ve been trying to think of new tricky questions that Celestia can’t answer so she can play like all the other ponies. I caught her yesterday trying to take your books someplace but you weren’t here to lend them to her so I made her put them back. I’m not gonna let her in anymore if she keeps trying to break the rules, cuz I’m tired during the day and staying awake to watch her makes me sleepy.

Celestia just came in and said she’s leaving now. I haven’t heard anypony cuz they’ve all been leaving too. After Celestia leaves I’ll be the only one left. But don’t worry, I’ll stay here and guard like you asked me to. Then when you get back we can have fun again and we can think up lots of new questions and stuff.

I hope you come back as fast as you can. I get lonely sometimes.

Love <3

Thy pet, Sphinx

P.S. Celestia says I’m not a pet but you always called me pet so I think she’s wrong. She says I misunderstood but I don’t get how. You called me pet so I must be a pet.

Author's Note:

The prompt: Dear Princess Luna…

I'll be honest, while I really enjoyed writing this one the response I got for it pissed me right the fuck off. It was a single gif showing the ending of the Futurama episode "Jurassic Bark." While I can see the similarities between them at no point did that episode come to mind while writing this and I really didn't appreciate my entire response to it being given in the form of an animatic that, to me personally, said, "I see what you did there." And gives no actual feedback on how the story made them feel except that they apparently compared it to a different situation.

For more from the prompt: http://thirtyminuteponies.tumblr.com/post/37269563315/prompt-188-compilation-to-the-moon-pony-pen-pals

PreviousChapters Next