• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,636 Views, 3 Comments

Thirty Minute Express Train to Story Town - Predhack

  • ...
 3
 1,636

PreviousChapters Next
Returned to Sender Unopened and Unread

Dear Rainbow Dash,

I’m going to start off this letter as I have with everyone we’ve sent you. We’re sorry. We were wrong to try and force you into a mold you didn’t want to go in, and we’re sorry we belittled the choices you made in your life. When your sister died your father and I made some very terrible mistakes, and we know our grief doesn’t excuse our behavior, but we’ve gotten better since then and we want the chance to prove it to you. If you read this letter, please, call us. Write us. Even come see us in person just let us know that you’re willing to talk. We just want the chance to apologize to you in person, even if you don’t talk to us again after that. Your brother should probably meet you at least once too.

You don’t know him but you have a younger brother now. He’s a few years old and has been a massive fan of you since he saw you at the Coliseum at the BYFC. He says the only reason you haven’t been accepted into the Wonderbolts already is because they’re afraid you’d make them look bad. He works incredibly hard on his flying so that he can be even a fraction as good as his idol. We’re supporting him in that, within reason.

I did mention we saw you at the BYFC a while back. Your father and I were very impressed by what we saw. You proved us wrong. And from what we’ve heard you’ve been doing greater things than saving fancy unicorns and doing Sonic Rainbooms.



Your friend, Fluttershy, tries to keep us up with all your little adventures. I have to admit when I heard about the dangerous things you were getting into and the kinds of missions the Princess was sending you on I nearly had a fit. Your father had to stop me from going down to your house and telling you to “stop doing so many dangerous things,” but you’re a grown mare and I’m in no position to tell you how to live your life or try to take control of it. And to be honest you’re doing so much more with it than we ever could have by forcing you to live the way we wanted.

There are so many things I always want to write to you but it seems like every time I get done with telling you how much we regret what we did and how proud of you we are I’ve run out of time. I try to keep these letters down to a page. We agreed that anymore than that and you’d probably just throw the whole thing out. Oh, and I wanted to ask you about your reading.

Oh, and Fluttershy said in one of her letters that you got in trouble for stealing a book? I wanted to hear the rest of that story but we can barely get the poor dear to tell us what little she does in her letters. Except the letter about your pet turtle, Tank. That one was very long. We’re glad you found a pet that suited you.

Anyway I’m out of space. Please, Rainbow Dash if your read this, even if you don’t talk to us, please know we’re sorry for trying to make you a replacement your sister. You know where to find us if you want to talk about it.

Love,

Prismatic Splash and Sky Palette

AKA Mom and Dad

Author's Note:

The Prompt: Dear Daughter…

I wrote two for this prompt apparently. This one because I wasn't sure the other would be accepted and I had the idea. I got a lot of good response on this one so I'm really happy with how it turned out.

See last chapter for comp link

PreviousChapters Next