• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,636 Views, 3 Comments

Thirty Minute Express Train to Story Town - Predhack

  • ...
 3
 1,636

PreviousChapters Next
Smile and Pray No One Notices

This was such a bad idea. I can barely keep my feet as the chariot lands. Oh how I wish it were our last. But, ah, none of that, must keep smiling for all the ponies here to see us. Just keep the smile on and try not to do anything that will show off how bad this is.

Alright, I’m fine. We’ve stopped and I just need to invite the mayor aboard to take us through the royal tour of Cloudsdale. When that’s over I can retire to my chambers and see about fixing this. Ugh, I can barely see him… Or the edge of the chariot… Ugh it’s fine I just need to welcome aboard. Oh crap he’s saying something, PLEASE be sticking to the usual script!

“It’s nice to see you again. I’ve been looking forward to your tour for some time now, Mayor…” …I FORGOT HIS NAME?! Oh this is bad. Don’t say anything just have to think a second. D’oh now I’ve been too long and it’ll be suspicious I’ve got to salvage this somehow.

“Hello, Mayor Swift. It is a pleasure to meet you again,” Luna stepped in. I almost forgot she was here. And to blame. Don’t think I don’t know you planned this Luna. I’m not the only one with an evil streak around here and I will have my vengeance if I have to pin you down and tickle it out of you.



Ugh, moving again. Did Luna invite the mayor on for me? At least one of us is still able to focus on the here and now. Wait… Why is that Lu- Wait where’d she go? Oh back to the bench with the mayor. Why are you gesturing for me to sit d- WHOA! Flying now! Why Cloudsdale has to have every complex separated by a break in the clouds I will never remember but… OH HI FLOOR. Gragh. I should stand up before someone thinks something is wrong. That’s right, just keep smiling. Can’t have something wrong with Princess Celestia or I’ll never hear the end of it.

Oh by the Celestial Precursors Luna wipe the smile off your face and help me up. Why are you waving me to stay d- AND WE LANDED AGAIN! Curse the ponies that decided on the route for this royal tour!

AND THANK YOU ROYAL GUARD FOR THE GENTLE LANDING THAT LEFT ME FLAT ON MY FACE AGAIN. I’LL SEE YOU ALL GET ‘COMMENDATIONS’ FOR THIS.

Ugh, I never should have let Luna talk me into it. I can handle this. Deep breathes, rise majestically to feet, single flap of the wings so I don’t fall down without help from a moving vehicle and nod to the subjects. Pretend to listen to the mayor. Vow revenge on sister and her wicked brew.

Okay that’s one part of Cloudsdale down 45 districts to go. I’m really starting to remember why I banned production for six centuries. It does not help that Luna’s real stuff makes that brew earth ponies make look like poison. Yes, Luna, I will admit you make the best alcohol in the universe, now would you kindly explain why you can stand there with the wits available to both converse with the mayor and still somehow manage to give me that subtle smug look? I can barely stand and you drank twice what I did!

Of course that’s why we called it Moonshine. Nothing to do with the ingredients, YOU CAN JUST DRINK IT LIKE WATER. GAH. Why did I forget that. I’ll get you for this Lu-

Hah! Tried to land again but I saw it coming this time I-!

Alright, forgot. Most cloud roads are made of bumpy bumpy clouds and are not good for chariots. Crap the Mayor is making a face. I should sit down before anyone else notices anything.

I am so drunk…

Author's Note:

The prompt:

“I can see by your grin that you’re trembling within.
It’s all over town. Cheer down.
And the smile on your face is sometimes out of place.
Don’t mind no frown. Cheer down.”
(George Harrison, “Cheer Down”)

Nothing to see here. More Celestia and Luna.

Compilation for the prompt.

PreviousChapters Next