• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,636 Views, 3 Comments

Thirty Minute Express Train to Story Town - Predhack

  • ...
 3
 1,636

PreviousChapters Next
"Our Old Lives Will End. You Must Understand That."

“So it’s really okay if I take the night?” the yellow alicorn asked. Glancing up at the twilight sky.

The soft orange alicorn next to her snorted and replied, “I already told you, yes. I don’t care.”

“Alright, just checking no take backs,” the yellow alicorn declared excitedly, “I’m gonna stay up all night and do all sorts of things.”

“Let’s begin.”

Nodding, the yellow alicorn turned to her sister and they bowed their heads until their horns nearly touched, then experimentally they wove their magic. For a moment their respective auras quailed at the feel of foreign magic before flowing together and the recognition of an old friend. Steadily they pooled the magic together until they couldn’t separate and disperse the gathered magic if they tried. Finally they raised their heads and the magic arched up into the sky, spreading out over it like a blanket to touch every part.

They stood in silence for a moment before the yellow one shuddered, “Oh, that’s a lot of stars. Do I have to move them all?”

“Yes,” the other answered patiently, “They cannot linger into the day, you know that. Besides they’re numerous but very light. Just move them systematically and it should be simple. I have to focus on the sun.”

“Ugh, here let me take the sun,” the yellow alicorn said moving her head very slightly, but not enough to disperse the field that was slowly drawing power up from the land around the alicrons and into their bodies to be channeled upward.

“No take backs, you said.”

“I changed my mind. Just let me have it,” Her face contorted and the magic between them wavered.

“Don’t push, you said- Oh fine! Take it. Just don’t pout about how heavy it is later.”

“Haha. I’m bigger and stronger and definitely powerful enough to take the sun. No take backs.”

“Ugh, let’s just wrap this up,” the orange alicorn shook her head slightly and was mirrored a second later by the other. The magic from the ground and air around them suddenly rushed in, intensifying the spike of light and blanket above into a brightness visible across the land. Then the blanket wrapped itself back up and rushed down to envelop and entwine the two alicorns whose body slowly drank in the magical force. After several minutes the pair stood where they had began, except around them the ground no longer seemed as bright and vibrant.

“Cool, I’ll start the day now. Aaand there. Now wha- WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR COAT?!”

The formerly orange mare looked away from where she had been watching her partner raise the sun to examine herself, her coat had turned a deep purple like the sky and her mane had turned ethereal and filled with stars.

“It’s a side effect of the magic. Your own appearance has changed as well.”

The other alicorn checked herself and was surprised she had turned white and her mane flowing in a rainbow of pastel shades.

“This is so cool! How long will the spell last?”

“Did you pay attention to none of what I told you? The spell is permanent. It will last as long as the sky.”

“Then what about when we get old? Do we pass on the connection? Oh hey I can feel the sun without y’know feeling it. This is awesome!”

The darker alicorn sighed, “We are connected to them now. We will last as long as they do. We must learn to get along as we will someday be all the other has. We are sisters in this.” She looked around at the darkened land around the castle where they’d commenced the ritual. “And we will have to prepare the people. In some generations this land will try to turn free again. Unless we stay here and go about taming it ourselves the pony magic that kept it calm is gone.”

“It’s fine. I mean why would we move out of the castle. Now they’ll put us in charge like they promised and we can make the whole government system just like we planned! They’re going to love us.”

The dark alicorn smiled at the last statement, “Yes, I’m sure they will. Let us go meet our new subjects. New sister mine.”

“Oooh. I like the sound of that. We should totally say we’re sisters.”

Author's Note:

The prompt: It all started with the Everfree Forest.

I tend to put a lot of thought into these that ends up not getting into the story. I like Celestia and Luna stories a lot and find it a shame I can't do them justice most of the time. Also, I love the idea of historical innacuracy that becomes fact in everyone's mind over time because no one corrected it.

More Everfree stories after the click.Click.

PreviousChapters Next