• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,636 Views, 3 Comments

Thirty Minute Express Train to Story Town - Predhack

  • ...
 3
 1,636

PreviousChapters Next
Letters from the Matterhoof

“Spike, take a letter.”

“Now?”

“No, time like the present. Can you reach the writing supplies?”

“Um… little tied up at the moment Twi.”

“I’ll get them, now here take this down.”

“Alright…”

“Dear Princess Celestia,

Enclosed you will find three letters. Well, two letters since one of them is for you, I’ll just add yours to the end of this short message. The other two letters are for my parents and Shining and Cadance. If you could see to their delivery I would be incredibly grateful.

Princess Celestia, I’m currently in a position where I find myself looking back on my life and feeling I need to thank all the ponies who helped me become who I am today. Also, I need to make some frank confessions. You are easily in the top ten for “ponies who’ve helped my development,” if it were not for my friends that’d be a much smaller number. I’d stop and plot out exactly which number you are but I’m short on time for the moment.

I just wanted to thank you for all you’ve done for me. I never had a moment with you recently where we could catch up and just talk so I’ll have to say everything I can here. The opportunities you’ve given me since you took me on as your student have been beyond anything I could have dreamed of. And I’ve never been so grateful for the chance to spend as much time in your company as I did. I’m pretty sure if it weren’t for you and your insidious corrupting ways I’d have restricted myself to a strict diet of only what was necessary for my survival before I’d gotten out of grade school. On the other hoof though I find myself with mostly you to blame for my love of cake. Thank you for that. I want to thank you for so many of the things you’ve done for me and I now find myself short of time to do it. I hope there are some little ways I’ve influenced you over the years too. If I could chance a guess I’d wager you never had such a fond penchant for pranks before you had to find ways to cheer up a filly who missed spending every moment with her family. In a lot of ways you’ve been like a second mother to me.

Love, Twilight Sparkle.”

“Wow that was pretty Twi.”

“Thanks Spike. Now let’s get on with the other one. I think I hear the wood cracking so we’re running out of time.

Dear BBBFF,

I don’t have a lot of time for this, and I’m happy we were able to spend time catching up before your wedding as I’m sure if we hadn’t I wouldn’t have any time to say all I’d want to. Instead I just wanted to tell you I love you. I don’t know a lot of ponies with brothers but of all the ones I do know I’d say that I got the best deal. Sure some of my friends might point out Applejack’s brother Big Macintosh, but I feel sorry for her. If I had to live with a stallion like that with all those muscles. Ooh if I weren’t in a committed relationship to a nice mare I might just want to tackle him to the ground and-”

“Twi?”

“Oh, sorry Spike.

Anyway, you’re the best brother I never had the chance to ask for and I wanted to thank you. That’s all.

Oh, and I’m the one who kept stealing all your pin-up magazines, not Dad. Sorry. Don’t look so surprised, you know I’m dating a mare. You’re the only one who knows besides my friends. PLEASE DON’T TELL MOM. She’s so conservative it’d kill her or drive her to pull me from wherever I was resting and kill me THEN her. Then maybe you too just to be sure. Though she’d probably wait for grandkids. Just keep it quiet…

Love, Twily

Dear Cadance,

I just told Shining Armor in his letter how glad I am that I got to spend time with him for the wedding. The same goes for you. It had been to long since we last talked before and I’m glad we were able to reconnect and become friends again.

The days I spent with you as my foalsitter and friend, though I’ll always consider you my old foalsitter, are some of the happiest in my memory and I can’t ever thank you enough for being so willing to spend time with a silly filly like me. I know you say you’re the lucky one but I think if one of us one the lottery then it was me.

I also have something to get off my chest while I’m doing this. You were my first crush. You’re just too good looking! I don’t know what it was your body or your coloration but GRAH. I spent nights awake wishing you’d come ‘tuck me in’ and then you’d-”

“Twilight! Can we please have some dignity?”

“Right, Sorry Spike.

Anyway Cadance, thanks for everything.

Love, Twilight

Dear Mom and Dad-“

“Hey guys. Pinkie said you- Are you writing a letter?”

“Rainbow Dash! Thank goodness you’re here. Um… we were just…”

“Hahaha. That’s so like you Twilight. ‘Dear Princess Celestia, Today I learned not to go on an adventure in the mountains with just flightless ponies around or else you might end up mostly tied up alongside your baby dragon and hanging upside down over a five hundred meter drop.’”

“That was NOT what we were writing! …Though Spike-”

“Way ahead of you Twilight. …hundred meter drop.”

”HEY! TWILIGHT! I FOUND RAINBOW DASH!”

“Thank you Pinkie…”

“Heh. So you guys want me to save you now? Cuz I could come back after you finish catching up on your letter writing.”

“Now please. The tree branch that got caught in the rocks has been creaking ominously for a while now.”

“One Rainbow Dash rescue, coming up.”

Author's Note:

The Prompt: The letter home.

Ehehehe. Twilight x Cadance.

More letters home by other people.

PreviousChapters Next