• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,636 Views, 3 Comments

Thirty Minute Express Train to Story Town - Predhack

  • ...
 3
 1,636

PreviousChapters Next
Remedial Education

“H- Hello, and welcome to Romance 101. I-I’ll be your instructor Professor Fluttershy and-“

“Is this really necessary?”

Fluttershy turned from where she’d been writing her name on the chalkboard to where her student had spoken up.

“Um, yes, I mean, maybe, if you think it is… I mean,” Fluttershy trailed off, the steam she’d built up starting her class petering out nearly instantly.

“Yes, Applejack it is,” Rainbow interjected for the waning pegasus, “We’re sick of hearing Rarity complain about your dates and we all agreed Fluttershy is the best pony to educate you.”

“Ah don’t see how my relationship with Rarity is any of your business,” Applejack huffed, “And what are you doing here RD, just gonna sit there and make fun? Cuz I reckon that isn’t helpful to the learnin’ process.”

“Nope. I’m co-teaching the course at the request of Fluttershy. I’ll be helping with any ‘visual aids’ she has to cover.” Rainbow Dash grinned triumphantly from where she sat in the corner of the small schoolhouse.

“Alright, and what’s SHE doin’ here?” Applejack pointed to her right where Twilight sat with a small sheaf of blank paper ready to accept the ink from quill tip that she’d set aside precisely to the right.

“Oh, I just heard someone finally signed up to teach one of the evening classes through the community education program I set up and since it sounded like such an interesting subject I had to sign up myself,” Twilight explained, before casting a measuring glance at her inkwell before adjusting it a titch to the right. Nodding to herself she turned back to Fluttershy, “Dr. Fluttershy if you’d please continue, we’re sorry for the interruption.”

“Wait a sec,” Applejack interrupted again before the yellow pegasus could take over, “Twi is a doctor? I thought she just did basic first aid and looking after animals that were treated by the vet.”

“Oh, um, I actually went to school to become a vet but I couldn’t get through the biology courses. I ended up getting a doctorate in, um… something else,” Fluttershy told them.

“In what?”

“Um, adorableness>”

“Beg pardon.”

“Adorabbleness.”

“Still couldn’t hear yah.”

“Adorableness,” Rainbow butted in with an aggrieved tone, “She has a PhD in Adorableness.”

“…That ain’t a real thing.”

“Actually, I’ve got my PhD just had an Adorableness emphasis. Properly said, I’m a Doctor of Romantic Interaction, Attraction, and Abstraction. The Adorableness field is concerned with appearances and presentation.”

The three ponies present stared at Fluttershy.

“There are classes for that kind of thing?” Applejack asked Twilight.

“I… I heard of them but I thought they were joke classes meant for the ponies who couldn’t handle higher education and just wanted to have something to fill their general credits…” Twilight said stunned, “I didn’t know there was an entire department and degree of coursework for them.”

“Oh, it’s a very old and distinguished if unmentioned career,” Fluttershy continued, “I’m qualified to handle any matchmaking and assist with relationship difficulties of most any kind. I’ve actually helped several ponies in town with their romantic entanglements.”

Again all the ponies in the room were struck dumb.

“Um… If we could begin then?”

There were no objections and Fluttershy wrote on her chalkboard again, putting down the name of the course and her title underneath it.

“Now, this will be a class very dependent on participation so to start are there any questions you want to ask before we begin?”

Author's Note:

The Prompt: Romance 101 with Professor Fluttershy.

I have so much fun with this idea. If I was more confident it'd be its own series of stories centered around those classes.

Oh and other people wrote stuff for this ship too. It was over here, I think

PreviousChapters Next