• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 821 Views, 38 Comments

Don't Look Back - JerryTheHouseGhost



Pinkie Pie leaves Ponyville in an attempt to keep the ponies safe from herself

  • ...
2
 38
 821

Chapter 3: The Beginning of the End

3

The Beginning of the End

Twilight saw movement behind a tree. "Pinkie? Is that you?" The lack of an answer caused Twilight to cautiously approach the tree. As she was about to go around it, a bird flew out from behind it. Twilight sighed. Maybe she told us not to try and find her because she knew we'd never be able to find her anyway.

She turned around to head back to Ponyville, but instead of the pathway, she came face-to-face with a wall of darkness. But it wasn't really even a wall; it seemed to have some sort of depth to it. Twilight took one step into the darkness, then stopped. It wouldn't be the best idea to just walk right into such a phenomenon, seeing as though it was for all she knew an infinite dark plane. The ground suddenly started to shake. Twilight then began to hear a low voice.

"Ah, I see we have a visitor. Come on in, Twilight; make yourself at home," said the voice in a slow manner. The rumbling died down.

"Who are you? And how do you know my name?" Twilight asked, a little scared and confused.

"Who I am is not important; it's who you are that is," said the voice. "How do I know your name? Well, let's just say that a mutual friend let me in on some information about, well, everything."

"Who?"

"The one you are here to seek out."

"Pinkie!? Do you know where she is!?"

"Ah yes, Pinkie; that's the one. I know where she is, yes; in fact, I'm with her right now."

"Well, would you mind telling me where you both are?"

"But of course! How rude would it be of me to not help you find one of your best friends?" Just as the voice stopped talking, the darkness began to fade away and reveal a pathway in a forest. "And I can do much better than just telling you where we are; I can show you."

Twilight began walking down the pathway as the voice spoke. "Up north, you will find a clearing." The scenery changed to a clearing in the middle of the forest. "There, you will be able to spot the Starswirl constellation in the night sky. Follow the brightest star to the east, and there you will find a house..."

Trees appeared around Twilight, and a moonlit house became visible in the distance. As she approached the house, she saw somepony in the upstairs window. "Pinkie Pie! Pinkie, it's me; Twilight!" The pony in the window looked at her, then frantically opened the window.


"Twilight!?" Pinkie couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"Yeah! Come on, Pinkie!"

"No! You don't understand! You've gotta get away from here; away from me!"

She's not here, Pinkie; I was only showing her where you are. Pinkie could hear the dark presence inside of her head.

"What do you mean I'm not here?" asked Twilight.

Pinkie froze. "You... You can hear it too?" she asked.

"Hear what?"

Me, Miss Sparkle; she's referring to me. This didn't make any sense! How was the darkness able to talk to Twilight if Pinkie still only heard it in her head? What I mean by "you aren't here" is that you are dreaming. Pinkie tried to warn Twilight about the darkness, but no words came out; she was unable to speak. And what Pinkie meant by "get away from here" is that you should wake up and begin trying to find this place.

Pinkie could only hope that Twilight would see that something was wrong with this situation. But she didn't.

Now that you've been given these instructions and have seen what this house looks like, it's time for you to wake up. Happy travels, Twilight; I can't wait to meet you out of a dream.

"Hold on! Wait!" Twilight suddenly disappeared.

Happy travels.

"Noooo!" Pinkie was finally able to speak, and she started gasping for air.

Slow down there, Pinkie Pie; I only prevented you from speaking, not breathing. Or maybe... The darkness paused. I sure do hope you don't over-exaggerate this much when you're around your friends.

"I... I don't understand..." Pinkie had no idea what just happened.

What? Oh, how Twilight was here? I may be confined to you right now, but I can still communicate with others in many ways. I contacted Twilight in her dream and brought her here.

"But how is that possible?"

Not into the real world, silly; into your head- wait, did I just say...? Nah. But she was in your head, which should explain a lot.

Pinkie ran down the stairs, opened the door and ran through. She was back at the top of the stairs. "Wha-...?"

Hm? Is something wrong?

Pinkie shook her head then ran down the stairs again. Upon reaching the front door, she paused as she reached to open it with her hoof.

I can't let you do that, Pinkie.

She opened the door, and she was back upstairs again. She looked behind her, but it wasn't the front door she had gone through. This wasn't some sort of trick house; she had literally just appeared upstairs.

And I'll make sure that you don't. Have you forgotten that I can control your body whenever I please now? That memory of yours is giving me second thoughts about choosing you...


Twilight ran to Carousel Boutique, where she and her friends had agreed to meet that day. Having overslept, she was running late. But this hadn't impeded their progress towards finding Pinkie Pie. Once inside, Twilight headed to her friends with some news that would definitely bring some smiles back to the ponies who were now downtrodden by their friend leaving them.

"Twilight, where have you been?" asked Rarity. "We were worried about you!"

"Girls, I know how to find Pinkie Pie!"


Pinkie Pie walked down the stairs, took a look at the door, then turned around and headed into the kitchen.

Feeling hungry again? Running down those stairs a couple times shouldn't have taken that much energy from you. I think you should stay away from cupcakes for a bit.

"Yeah, ha ha, very funny."

Well, I guess my sense of humor isn't as developed as your is. They always said my jokes were never funny. Well, it's not like they have a say in anything anymore, because they are all dead. Well, all but one; but still.

There was a brief silence as Pinkie paced back and forth.

We better find something to pass the time while we wait for your friends, don't you think?

Pinkie Pie stopped dead in her tracks. All of her friends were going to be here. In the middle of a forest, away from any form of help.

With the darkness.

Author's Note:
Comments ( 12 )

:fluttershbad::fluttershbad: Nooo! They're gonna die!

2734515 Last time I read this story, then~!

THINK OUT OF THE BOX PINKIE. JUKE IT MENTALLY!MAKE IT THINK YOU'RE GOING ONE WAY AND DO SOMETHING ELSE!

2738769
You do realize that anything you tell Pinkie Pie, I hear as well? And Pinkie Pie tricking me? Ha! In her dreams! Speaking of dreams, I hope to see you soon...

:pinkiegasp: - No! Whoever you are, get away from here right now! You don't understand! You've gotta g-

Calm down, Pinkie! I was just playing around. I'm sure Oti knew that...

I don't understand that ending? Did they die? What happened?

6558831
I never finished this story

6562240
I lost interest and motivation in writing stories a while ago

6562957 NO! Why did you lose motivation

6564128
I don't know; I just stopped wanting to write stories.

Login or register to comment