• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 13,667 Views, 928 Comments

Kirby's Nightmare in Equestria - munomana



Kirby's shenanigans in Equestria

  • ...
11
 928
 13,667

Apples

Kirby's Nightmare in Equestria

Apples


Light shone through the windows of the apple family barn as the morning sun rose into the sky. An overwhelming fragrance of apples lingered in the air around Kirby. He had landed in a new world with new creatures to have fun adventures with, not to mention the delectable food they had.

Kirby slowly opened his eyes as he stirred from his sleep. He elicited a small yawn as his senses returned to him. The first thing that he noticed was the distinct smell of fresh. Juicy. Apples. Kirby quickly jumped to his feet as he tried to rule out the location of the smell. The unusual part was that there was no apple dish in the entire room.

It was just then that Kirby realized where he was. He was in a huge barn filled with hay and various tools. He had remembered falling asleep on that hill with the cookies and sandwiches. That must mean that one of his new friends brought him there after he fell asleep. Maybe he should have been more careful to not eat part of that blanket after all.

Kirby pushed aside the thought as he looked around him once again. He managed to spot a door towards what seemed to be the front of the barn. Weirdly, it had two functional doors stacked on top that seemed to open by themselves. Kirby walked up to the door before opening the lower part. He was able to barely go under without hitting the top door.

He was met with a beauteous sight. Around him stood hundreds of apple trees lined in rows upon rows. He couldn't believe his eyes. Those snacks from the other day had barely been able to suffice his hunger. he also hadn't eaten since he was in Dreamland because he was asleep the whole time. Kirby was rather curious as to why there were so many apple trees in such a perfect order, but that was the least of his worries.

Kirby put on a face of determination before taking a step back and opening his mouth.


Applejack was trotting along the apple trees as she went along with her apple-bucking duties. She had a wagon filled way past the brim with apples. It was indeed apple-bucking season, but this time, Big Macintosh wasn't hurt. She had been pondering the arrival of Kirby since last night. She knew he was a real cutie, but she wasn't sure if he was dangerous at all. She wasn't even sure if he was capable of doing anything bad. He seemed to be innocent enough to trust for now.

Applejack continued her trek towards the barn with her giant wagon of apples before coming to a stop by the barn. Right outside of the barn, was Kirby. She would've greeted Kirby to learn more, but Kirby seemed to be in deep concentration. Before she could do anything else, Kirby's face formed into a glare before he stepped back. He opened his mouth to about a large portion of his face.

Applejack was completely unsure of his intentions, whether it be a yawn or such until she began to breathe in. A small tornado-like wind began to form from his mouth. Suddenly, the wind around her began to increase rapidly. The leaves on the trees around began to ruffle profusely. Without warning, the winds increased tenfold. She was forced to jump against a tree as the wagon behind her began to fly forward along with all of the apples on the trees in a 50 hood radius.

The items all flew straight into the center of the tornado surrounding his mouth. Once all of the apples and wagon had flown into his mouth, he closed it with a big swallow following afterwards before spitting out the wagon as if it were nothing.

Applejack just stared from behind the tree in shock. She was unable to process all she had just seen. The little Kirby had managed to eat 30 apple trees worth of apples. She had absolutely no idea what to do. She was completely unsure whether to approach Kirby or not. One thing came to her mind though. She quickly ran in the direction of Ponyville, staying away from Kirby's view. He, in return, ran around the farm.

She decided what to do: Ask Twilight/


Applejack sprinted down the streets of Ponyville, catching a few confused looks by bystanders. Applejack wasn't usually one to act irrationally, so she needed some help. She was dealing with an alien who ate over 500 apples. If anypony were to eat that much, they'd explode. She needed Twilight's help.

Applejack reached Twilight's library before knocking on the door rapidly.

"Why do ponies always knock! It's a public library!" Spike quickly ran up the door before opening it. Before Spike could say hi, Applejack sprinted past the little dragon.

"TWIIIII!"

Twilight was busy reading a book in the corner before jumping up in surprise from the sudden change in volume, "What is it Applejack?"

"I-It's Kirby! He just did this swallow thing an' made like a thousand apples go into his mouth!" Applejack yelled, was still completely shocked from the incident.

Twilight froze. She wasn't even sure how to react. From what Applejack said, Kirby managed to eat a thousand apples. The only unusual part was that it was Applejack, the element of honesty.

"Are you sure of what you witnessed, Applejack? I don't think that little Kirby could eat that much," Twilight said, doubting it.

"Cross mah heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." Applejack exclaimed as she went along with the motions of the famous Pinkie Promise.

Twilight, still in doubt, decided she needed to see for herself.

"Let's check it out then, I guess, maybe I'll get to learn about Kirby!" exclaimed the purple mare, optimistic as always.

Twilight put down her book before trotting out the door with a notepad in hoof and a quill on bag.


Twilight and Applejack trotted down the hills to Sweet Apple Acres. Being rather doubtful, she decided to at least get some details.

"Soooooo, what exactly happened?"

"Well, Ah was bringing my wagon full of apples back to the barn before Ah saw the pink feller. All of a sudden, Kirby opens his mouth before one of those tornado thingies went around his mouth and the wind got REALLY strong! It was so strong, he plucked every apple off every tree 50 hooves away from him. It was so strong, he even pulled my wagon along! He ATE the whole wagon too! He spit it out, but he fit the whole thing in his belly like it was nuthin'!"

Twilight was really confused. To her, he sounded like a parasprite, but he wasn't. He was much MUCH worse. He didn't seem to cause harm,but based on what Applejack said, He could deplete Ponyville food supply within months if he ate like that for every meal.

Twilight and Applejack reached Sweet Apple Acres before Applejack escorted her to the area where it happened before she stopped. Around them were tons of bare trees, no baskets or apples on the ground. On the ground was an overturned wagon with no apples in it. The bare trees were isolated from where Applejack had bucked in the morning. About twenty trees in total had no apples.

From their right, a rustle was heard from one of the trees with fruit. They quickly turned towards it.

Up in one of the apple trees sat Kirby eating an apple with a smile on his face.

A/N:

Sorry for the short break, guys! I was on a 2 day retreat over the weekend, isolated from my ponies. I hope I didn't do too bad. This is just something I pulled together in 3 hours. At least he swallowed something.

Thanks again,

-munomana