• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 13,644 Views, 928 Comments

Kirby's Nightmare in Equestria - munomana



Kirby's shenanigans in Equestria

  • ...
11
 928
 13,644

Ask

Kirby's Nightmare in Equestria

Ask


Dear Princess Celestia,

Last night, I came across an amazing discovery! While the girls and I were stargazing, an alien ship crashed and rolled down the hill we were resting on. The alien is presumed to be called "Kirby", but I'm not completely positive. Kirby also seems to have abilities far beyond my understanding and may be dangerous. Please respond as soon as possible, I'm not exactly sure what to do. In the mean time, I'll try my best to research the alien to the best of my ability.

Your faithful student,

Twilight sparkle

"-Aaaaaaand send it Spike!"

In a flash, the scroll containing the letter disappeared in a shroud of green fire.

"Thanks Spike. I hope the princes-"

"WAIT!"

Twilight was interrupted by the deafening yell of a confused baby dragon.

"You've been telling me, 'Go do this Spike' and, 'Write this!' but you haven't answered me what in the wide world of Equestria is even going on! Who is this 'Kirby' and what's all this talk about aliens!"

Twilight was stunned by this sudden outburst, but regained herself quickly. Now was not the time.

"Just wait, Spike. Once Applejack gets here, I'll explain to you."

Spike, in return, just sounded a groan in defeat. Before the dragon could say anything, a roar sounded from the depths of his stomach.

"Uh, Twilight? Can we go somewhere to eat? I haven't eaten in-"

*THUD*

A large thud emanated from the door, where an orange farmpony stood, accompanied by a certain pink ball.

"Sorry, Twilight. Ah was busy tryin' get this 'ere critter away from Sugarcube Corner."

"It's fine, Applejack. Just bring him over here and have him get in the chair. If he can understand us, we can at least use this time wisely."


EARLIER...

'I've spotted the Kirby. He seems to be speeding towards downtown Ponyville. The target seems to be in search of food, but I can't be sure. The target may be dangerous, keep cautious at all times.'

Pinkie stood on top of a building, overlooking the Ponyville shopping district. She wore a black suit, equipped with a pair of orange night-vision goggles adorning her face. She had been scoping out Kirby since the night they met, barely sleeping a peep. She had her doubts about the pink puff's innocence. So far, Kirby has been a innocent as a foal, but Pinkie wasn't going to give up just yet.

Pinkie had gathered dozens upon dozens of pages of information on the pink puff, but she only held onto the important things.

'Mental notes: Kirby can eat lots and lots of food.'

The pink spy then gathered up her thoughts as she moved herself back to the subject. She quickly leaped from the building and into open streets below, careful not to attract the attention of Kirby. She then tip-hooved her way to cover behind a stall before looking over.

Kirby had stopped right in front of Sugarcube Corner. Pinkie was worried of his intentions, but she couldn't intervene just yet.

In an instant, Kirby flew to the top of the building and looked towards the candy cane on top. He then began to intake tons of air before the candy cane fell from its perch and flew into his gaping maw. In a flash, Kirby changed from pink to grey.

'Okay, Kirby seems to-' Pinkie was then interrupted by a certain voice with a southern drawl.

"Uh, Pinkie? What'er ya doing hidin' behind that stall?"

Pinkie looked behind her before coming to face with Applejack, who was holding a lasso in her mouth. In a fit of panic, Pinkie jumped meters into the air before flying in the opposite direction of the sweet shop.

"MY COVER HAS BEEN BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!"

Applejack just stood there dumb-founded for a moment, fazed by the sudden outburst.

"Well, that was kinda weird."


Kirby sat in the middle of a room. It seemed to be a tree completely hollowed out. He was surrounded by books of every color. He was surrounded by two of the "Ponies" from before. Kirby found out what they actually were from the pony who called herself Applejack.

Kirby was unsure of what he was doing there, but so far, he wasn't getting any of the promised food.

Suddenly, a bowl of candy was pushed in front of him. Kirby tried to dive for it, but he was pulled back by a rope that was tied around him.

"Answer, then you'll get some, okay?" said Twilight as she took out a notepad and a quill from her desk.

"Uh, Twi? Don't ya think this is a little... harsh?"

Twilight then turned around with a serious expression before nearing in closer to her and whispering.

"Applejack, this is probably the only way we can ask him questions without him running off!"

Applejack sat there for a moment in thought before speaking up, "Point taken."

The pair then turned back to Kirby, who instead of watching the pair, was eyeing the candy in awe. Twilight then took the opportunity to get some answers out of him.

"Talk"

"Poyo!"

"That's right, you can't talk..." Twilight sat there a moment before an imaginary lightbulb formed over her head. "Just nod yes or no to each question, and I'll give you candy."

The confused Kirby was lightened up at the thought of it, despite being tied up.

"Poyo!" Kirby began to nod vigorously at the thought of getting candy and potentially becoming friends with the ponies.

Twilight then took out a sheet of paper she had on the table before beginning.

"Okay. Question one!"


Princess Celestia sat in her throne room, contemplating her schedule for the day. She had a practically empty day ahead of her. No news had been brought to her and nopony had needed her assistance all day. The only event for her was tea with Luna later. She also hadn't heard from Twilight Sparkle in quite a while, which meant that all was going well in Ponyville. She only wished that the days like these wouldn't be so tedious.

Celestia emitted a yawn before slumping slightly in her throne.

'I hope that something happens soon enou-'

Celestia's thoughts were interrupted by a flash of green fire that revealed a scroll. On the outside of the scroll read the word, "URGENT". Celestia quickly opened the scroll before perusing through. The letter was from Twilight Sparkle.

The silence was interrupted by a gasp. Celestia knew what Twilight was talking about. It was what Celestia least hoped what it was. Celestia knew who Kirby was, and she was not happy.

'If a star warrior is here, that must mean-'

She was quickly interrupted by the sound of the throne room's main doors opening in a slam. In came one of her royal guards, running at top speed.

"Princess Celestia!"

The white stallion fell to a halt as he put on an expression of pure fear.

"IT has returned..."



A/N:

Hi again! Thanks for all the likes and favorites, I really appreciate it.

Sorry for the short chapter, but I didn't have much time. And for those who were wondering where Pinkie was, there she is.

P.S. The first arc won't exactly be canon, but close enough...

EDIT: Mega thanks to this guy. Go follow him. He's awesome. Please. He's super amazing.

-munomana