• Published 11th Nov 2012
  • 1,316 Views, 18 Comments

On the Elements of Harmony: Known Facts and Theories - Dreamscape



Information and myths about the Elements of Harmony by a Scholar of Canterlot

  • ...
2
 18
 1,316

Ember's Examination

I was very grateful when Grand Scholar Twilight Sparkle and Princess Celestia allowed me to examine the Elements of Harmony. I was never expecting to be let into such a high security area or be able to actually see and touch the Elements. I hope you too will enjoy this extra information. I have written down my entire examination for you to read.

The Elements of Harmony are locked away in a very advanced, high security room that I cannot tell you details about. The most elite of guards patrol the area around the room and are willing to safeguard the Elements with their lives. I don't know how anypony could even come close to taking the Elements. I even had trouble getting into the room with Celestia by my side. Along with a secure room the Elements are also locked away in a highly secure chest of which I can also tell you no details.

As I took the Elements from the chest one by one, I noticed that the ancient relics looked as if they had been made just yesterday. The metal is not eroded, faded, or scarred in any way and looks to have no ageing or weathering at all. Each gem representing the Elements' spirits looks as if they were just polished. I asked Princess Celestia if someone came in and cleaned the Elements but she told me that is how they always look. As said before the metal looks as if it is made of gold or brass but on closer examination is not similar to either. The metal is also engraved with strange designs and patterns unlike any I have encountered before. I would explain these engravings better if I was able to compare them to something known. I don't know how these engravings were carved into such a hard metal or what would be strong enough to do this. The metal could have been poured into a mold with the markings when it was still molten. The Elements also seem rather light and feel hollow. If this is true the metal must only be a very thin layer around some kind of chamber, If only I could see what is contained within. I originally believed that the jewels on the Elements were carved from common gemstones but they are something much stranger. They each seem to be carved from a the same unknown gemstone, the only difference between them is their color. It is reported that the Elements' power passes through these gemstones when it is released, this form of gemstone could have unknown conductive properties. I would test the gemstones conductivity but I do not want to risk anything with these relics and even if I did they would not let me.

I was surprised to discover that the Elements in no way feel powerful. I thought they would feel different then an ordinary object. But then something strange happened, as I held the Element of Magic, Grand Scholar Twilight entered the room to check on me. Something changed in the Element and I experienced the strangest feeling that I have ever felt. I could feel something inside me, I could feel her. I could feel her knowledge, her powerful magic abilities, and every aspect of her personality. Then euphoric feeling came over me and I can only explain it as friendship, I believe I was able to experience what she feels with the other Wielders for a short amount of time. This was a very unusual feeling but it made me feel so safe, so happy, and so loved, I could feel harmony. I believe this means that the Elements are in fact able to transfer the Wielders' spirits into power, this is the only way I can explain the event that occurred. I was not able to create anything like this when I came in contact with the Elements so this stands proof to the fact that only the bonded Wielder can activate their powers.

I wish I could spend more time with the Elements and discover every aspect of them but preforming tests on them is a risky task and after spending so much time with them the guards are beginning to get suspicious. So with this I will conclude my sadly short examination of the Elements of Harmony and they will now once again be locked away until they are needed. There is one more thing I must say though. The Elements of Harmony are even stranger then they seem, there is still much to discover about these ancient relics and I hope to have the honor of once again reporting any new information about them to you.

Comments ( 10 )

I'm so glad your enjoying the story everypony. I have one question for you though do you think Apprentice Scholar Ember is a stallion or mare?

:pinkiehappy: Wonderful chapter! My guess on Ember's gender would be mare. Equestria does seem to be a matriarchal society... more mares than stallions present, perhaps? :trixieshiftleft: (intrigued face)

1607185 When I wrote the story I didn't even know what Ember was going to be, I tried to make it so the gender could lean either way. I'm still indecisive about it so I'm seeing what other people think. Thanks for the input and I'm happy you liked the story!

I must be a chauvinist at heart, because I thought Ember was a stallion. We could always use more stallions!

1612780 It's funny how in the average story, especially video games having the main character as a male is just the normal thing to do and when someone makes the main character a female then its different and sometimes even unusual but in the world of MLP this is reversed...interesting

Complete? Rats. I was hoping for more on the Elements... :fluttershysad:

1701183 check out my new story, it's not really about the elements but does tie in with The Star of Power

Comment posted by Dreamscape deleted Jul 8th, 2013
Comment posted by Dreamscape deleted Jul 8th, 2013

So are you going to Revise this to be Inline with the tree of harmony?

Login or register to comment