• Published 11th Oct 2012
  • 3,047 Views, 102 Comments

A Few Fruit Short of a Salad - BludgeonWarrior



The Cake's niece Fruit comes to stay with them for awhile, and Ponyville will never be the same.

  • ...
5
 102
 3,047

Tossed Around Like a...

Fruit Cake.

She was a young earth pony mare, with a green coat, and a green mane with red streaks in it. She had faint purple eyes that had a wild look to them, and her cutie mark was, well obviously, a fruit cake.

Fruit Cake had just arrived in Ponyville on the train, and was in a rush to meet her Uncle Carrot Cake in the station.

"Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii, Uncle Carrot!!!" She yelled upon seeing her terrified, sweating uncle.

"He-hello Fr-Fruit...," he stammered nervously, trying not to be rude to his niece, "D-did you have a n-nice trip?"

"Yeah, but it was soooooooooooooooo booooorrrriiing! There was nothing to eat! Well, after I ate all the cake, but whatever, and there was this guy who just kept talking, and talking, and talking!"

As she said this, that particular colt walked by grumbling some unintelligible curses.

"And then there was this guy, who I swear is a robot, comes up to me and asks for some bits! I said no at first, but then he threatened to get his bouncers and I gave it to him. He did give me a ticket though... And there was this other guy who had this crazy awesome hat! I could only wish for a hat like that. And there-"

"Okay then!" Mr. Cake interrupted, unable to restrain himself anymore, "Lets head on over to Sugarcube Corner then..."

"Oh, guess you're right Uncle Carrot. Um, could you help me with my bags?"

"Sure."

"Thanks, Uncle, they're over there." Fruit pointed to several multi-colored bags of various sizes. Before Carrot could say anything, she'd already left for Sugarcube Corner.

"Ughhh," he sighed.


At Sugarcube Corner, Mrs. Cake was frantic; she was getting things ready for when Fruit arrived. The twins were taking a nap, and Pinkie was hanging with the her friends, so she was at it alone. She scrubbed, washed, and dried everything, and made sure that all sharp utensils were stashed away. She was so caught up with her work, she didn't notice Fruit creep behind her...

"Hiiiiiiiiiiiii, Auntie Cup!!! She yelled right behind Mrs. Cake, causing her to drop all the silverware.

"Uh, hello..., Fruit....," she was gasping for air, "but please keep it down, the twins are-"

Crying could be heard from upstairs.

"Sleeping...," Mrs. Cake sighed.

"Oh, sorry, Auntie Cup," Fruit apologized, " I didn't know-"

"Could you hand me those bottles?"

Fruit Cake saw two full bottles on the counter. She handed them over to Mrs. Cake and then she went up to tend to the twins.



Mrs. Cake came down from putting the twins back to bed.

"So Fruit, how was- ahhh!"

Mrs. Cake saw that Fruit had cleaned up everything! The silverware, the dishes, everything!

"Sorry 'bout earlier, Auntie Cup," Fruit twiddled her hooves, "so I cleaned up everything for you! I know, I did an awesome job, right!?"

Mrs. Cake stared for a bit, then spoke, "Thank you, Fruit! Why your parents kicked you out I'll never know!"

"Heh, well, they got mad after I assaulted the mail-pony, again..., and they were also annoyed that I kept eating all the merchandise and bugging the customers, and eating everything, being noisy, and loud, and 'rambunktious', and stuff like that."

Mrs. Cake sighed, "You haven't changed a bit since we saw you some years ago..."

"Objection! I have changed! I no longer think that mules are from space!" Fruit declared, "They're from Caneighda."

All Mrs. Cake could do is chuckle at Fruit's notion.

"So where's-"

"Uncle Carrot? He's fetching my bags. He's so generous."

"I suppose...," Mrs. Cake, a bit skeptical.

"Sooooooooooooooo," Fruit nudged.

"What?"

"When do I get to see those two adorable little foals!?"

"Maybe after their nap....," Mrs. Cake replied nervously.

"Awwwwww, okay," Fruit groaned, "Could'ya least show me to my room?"

"Okay then," she agreed.

Mrs. Cake brought her up to where Pinkie stayed.

"Wooow!!!! You got the whole place already set up for me! Awesome!"

"Well, actually," Mrs. Cake admitted, "you're going to share this room with Pinkie. She rents out this place and works here."

"Awesome! Roomates!"

Suddenly, all the horrible scenarios that could play out from Fruit and Pinkie went through Mrs. Cake's head, and she grew increasingly worried...

"This is gonna be amazing! I've never had a roommate before; I'll share all my awesome stories with her! Like the one time when I asked the teacher where the sun and moon went when they set! Or about when I accused the neighbor of being a changeling!"

Mrs. Cake cocked an eyebrow.

"What?! He was weird and seriously creepy...; he sniffed my mane and told my it smelled like fruit! Tell me that's not creepy?!"

Mrs. Cake sighed, " I better check on the twins again..."

"Oh, oh, oh! Can I come!? I'll be super extra quiet! Plleeeeeeeaase!"

Another sigh, "Very well, but no shouting."

"Thanks, Auntie Cup!" Fruit giggled.

The two of them made their way down the stairs, Fruit over-exaggerating her steps. They came to the twins bedroom, and Mrs. Cake opened the door ever so slightly.

"Still sleeping," Mrs. Cake confirmed.

"Let me see! Let me see!" Fruit demanded, albeit quietly, and looked inside. She moved and Mrs. Cake closed the door softly.

"Omigosh! Omigosh! They are sooooooooo cute!" She giggled, "What are their names, again?"

"Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake," Mrs. Cake answered.

"Ohhh, I can't wait to play with them! I knew you had foals, so I thought of some amazing games and things we could do together on the way here! I can show them how to catch frogs, the best way to eat spaghetti, and my patent-pending Easy Cake Oven (trademark)!"

The two went back down to the main floor, and they saw Mr. Cake with a wagon carrying all of Fruit's bags.

"There you are, Uncle Carrot!" Fruit welcomed, "you took your time."

Mr. Cake groaned.

"See, Auntie Cup, I brought everything I need to make these next some months incredibly fun and awesome! Ponyville is in for a crazy and wild party tonight! OW!"