• Published 11th Oct 2012
  • 3,048 Views, 102 Comments

A Few Fruit Short of a Salad - BludgeonWarrior



The Cake's niece Fruit comes to stay with them for awhile, and Ponyville will never be the same.

  • ...
5
 102
 3,048

Market Madness Part 1

Mrs. Cake was baking some treats to stock the store, but she was quite out of it;she hadn't slept that night. Everything that happened last night with Fruit made her more worried then ever. She also had to pay Applejack compensation for Fruit eating all of her treats; she got her ears chewed out by the victim of Fruit's vomit, and that wasn't very pleasant for Mrs. Cake because of the victim's potty mouth.

She was stirring batter for a cake when Mr. Cake came in the kitchen, "Honey, we're going to need some ingredients, we're out."

"I know," she replied, "I already sent Pinkie to the market. I also asked her to take the twins with her."

"Very well then," He left, then came back, "Also have you seen Fruit? I haven't seen her all day."

"...............Oh no..."


Pinkie Pie was trotting her way towards the market, although a little slowly.

"Man, you two are heavy...," Pinkie exasperated; she was carrying the twins in their holster saddle, but Pinkie was not used to carrying foals around.

"HIYA PINKIE!!"

Pinkie around and saw Fruit beside her, grinning insanely wide, much like she would.

"Fruit? You coming too?"

"Slag yeah! I wanted to hang out with you, and these two wittle cuties!" Fruit said as she rubbed Pound's head. She then nuzzled her head to his, to which Pound replied to a hard punch to Fruit's face, knocking her back a ways.

"Oh no! Fruit, you okay?"

"AH! AH! Yeah, I'm fine, but MAN this colt's got hooves of iron! OW!"

"That's true," Pinkie remembering Pound's first punch to her face.

Fruit picked herself up and started to walk with Pinkie towards the market.

"So what the heck we getting?" Fruit asked, still rubbing her bruise.

"Sugar, Flour, and other things; we need to restock."

"Then it's a good thing i came then. After all, you're going to need help getting all that stuff back home."

"Yeah, thanks Fruit!"

"It's what I do!"

They continued to walk for a bit til they finally arrived at the market, filled with the wonders of capitalism.

"Look at all the industry!" Fruit said as she pointed to the rather crowded street.

"Could you hand me the list?" Pinkie asked Fruit, "It's in the saddle pocket...ow..."

"Sure!" Fruit then got it out and tried to read her aunt's really nice hoofwriting, "Umm..., the first thing we need is flour, well duh, I mean it's a bakery, course we need flour!"

"Now then, where was it?" Pinkie looked around, but she couldn't move much, and her back was starting to hurt from carrying the twins.

"Hey, Pinkie?" Fruit began, "Maybe you wanna take the twins off while you get groceries?"

"I don't know..." Pinkie knowing full well the trouble the foals can get in.

"C'mon Pinkie! I can handle these two adorwable wittle fwoalz all by myself, don'cha trust me?"

"Well......, I guess it could be okay-"

"YEAAAHH! Lets get you two out," Fruit started with Pumpkin, since she knew full well of Pound's left hook, but soon they were both out of the saddle harness.

"Are you sure-"

"Just go and get the stuff!"

"Okay!" Pinkie then bounced away to get the restock, leaving Fruit Cake , with her cousins Pound and Pumpkin...

.