• Published 10th Oct 2012
  • 6,950 Views, 795 Comments

A Shadow’s Grave - Pinkies Imagination



CJ wakes up in Equestria after a year of his own dead sleep. A miracle right? Far from it... there is a dark entity... a forgotten enemy, stalking his every move, waiting to strike... (Sequel to Where the grass is green and the girls are... PONIES?!)

  • ...
26
 795
 6,950

PreviousChapters Next
First date

Thanks for all the support everyone! This story already feels popular to me, every time I log on I have 32 notifications XD well, enjoy!

Chapter 7: First date


I may have lied slightly, this is how it actually went. I opened the door to see her look at me wide eyed, so I looked back at her and smiled.

"So, aboug getaj dinghkar..." My words were suppressed when a pair of lips were were attached to me.

A few moments later I realized it was Flutter shy and returned the kiss. When the kiss was finally broken I looked at her with a warm smile.

"Well I'm happy to see you too!" She blushed before sitting down on her bed.

I walked beside her and sat down, pulling her into a hug. I held her there until she calmed down.

"I-I thought you w-w-were d-dead."

"Shy, don't worry about it, I can handle a little black gas in the air." My smile faded when I saw the anger in her eyes.

'Dayum, I wonder what it is like when she uses the stare.... gah I don't want to know.' I shuddered at the thought.

She looked back at me again, this time with a sad pair of eyes.

"CJ.... I just don't want anything bad to happen to you."

"Shy, everything is fine, I pinkie promised, remember?"

She instantly perked up and shook her head and then kissed me again.

"Now, Shy, how about that dinner?" She nodded furiously.

We walked our way out of the door and towards ponyville. On the way we got a lot of stares, which I did not mind because I have gotten somewhat used to them. We reached her favorite restaurant. We walked inside and sat down at a table of her choice. When the waiter showed up he sat down two menus. We picked them up and scanned them. A few seconds later Flutter shy ordered.

'hm... a lot of stuff I can't even eat... oh well'

I just settled for the salad. We waited for a while, talking about our friends, and how I would explain what happened.

"Well, I won't need to explain it to Pink- I mean..." She gave me a deadpan stare.

"Oh.. you don't have to, its Pinkie, she can do things that still seem to be unanswerable by the law of physics and gravity-" She went on having a Twilight moment untill she noticed me sitting there with my jaw on the table.

"O-Oh.. sorry... what? I can't be smart too?" She ended that with a warm smile.

"O-Oh no... it's just that, I think you literally just explained Pinkie pie more than my brain can even Picture... that's not a bad thing." She blushed deep crimson.

The waiter came along with our food. While eating our food, we continued to talk about things like our friends, what ponyville thinks about me, and then about animals. She seemed surprised about my knowledge about animals and animal healthcare.

'Funny, I thought I told them about me being good with animals.'

When we were finished I payed the waiter and gave him a nice tip. He smiled at me and walked away.

'Oh crap, that reminds me, my job, im running low on bits and I need to see if I can get my job back'

I decided to take care of that in the morning. As I walked Flutter shy home, It was complete silence. When we finally made it to her house, she opened the door and turned to me.

"Thanks a lot CJ, I had a lot of fun tonight. I hope we can do it again sometime soon."

"Me too, I'll see you in the morning Shy."

We kissed one more time, a short kiss, and walked away. She went to her house and I made my way towards mine. On the way a lot of things crossing my mind.

'What did Pinkie mean by I didn't look hurt? Where did the shadow go... and most importantly, am I going to survive tomorrows trivial bombardment from Twilight.' I shuddered at the last thought.

I made my way up the path to my house. I put in the key and turned it unlocking the door. I stepped inside and began changing out of my clothes and just put on a pair of boxers. I made my way up stairs and into bed. As I lay down I recalled a few memories.

'I wonder how Celestia is doing, or how she will react when she finds out I had some of her power.' I kept thinking this until I finally dozed off to sleep.

*********************

The next morning I awoke, the second best sleep yet. No nightmare, but not quite as... comfortable as the last. I Went and took a shower quickly, because I needed one a bit bad. After the shower I put on some fresh clothes Rarity had made me. I made my way downstairs and decided to take my I-pod. I left the house and shut the door behind me.

On my way to ponyville I noticed a certain white unicorn.

"Hey Viny-" She cut me off my shoving a hoof in my mouth.

"Are you crazy? I am in disguise mode right now! I don't want to be mobbed, which reminds me, how could you tell it was me?"

Her disguise consisted of no goggles and a hat. And yet she still asked that question.

"I just uh... have a good eye?" She shrugged and backed up a bit.

"So, what did ya want to get my attention for?"

I looked back at her and smiled reaching into my pocket. I pulled out my I-pod and earphones and she cocked her head.

"This here, can hold thousands of songs, and I am sure I can find a way to make it store yours, you can also keep the ones already on it." I said as I handed it to her.

She looked at me in amazement. As I was giving her something that to me was worth maybe a few bits, seeing how no one else new what it was. But to her she saw it as the holy grail.

"T-T-Thousands?!" I nodded and she nearly collapsed.

"Why? Is it too big a number?" I asked with a small laugh at the end.

"N-No.. its just, I have some things like that which hold songs, but only a few. But that is just amazing."

"Here take it, I don't need it anymore. Let me show you how it works."

I showed her how she can transfer songs onto it from her old system, and play the songs on it from the earphones or on her table. When I was done she put one in her ear and turned it on my dub step playlist. She began to bob her head and looked back at me.

"Wow, this is amazing CJ, I can't thank you enough, here, take this." She gave me a silverish gold pass.

"What is this for?"

She looked back and smiled. "Come to the party over at the club tonight, invite anypony, that pass there will let you go behind stage and see me."

"Alright thanks, I think I know somepony who would love to meet you. C ya later vinyl." I said, ending it in a slight whisper.

As we walked away I thought about what everypony's reaction would be to being able to meet vinyl behind stage during a party. I chuckled thinking of what dash is going to say.

'Tonight is going to be a fun one.'

I know today was kind of a 'boring' chapter as some of you would say, but I thought it was time for another happy chapter amongst the others.

PreviousChapters Next