• Published 10th Oct 2012
  • 6,945 Views, 795 Comments

A Shadow’s Grave - Pinkies Imagination



CJ wakes up in Equestria after a year of his own dead sleep. A miracle right? Far from it... there is a dark entity... a forgotten enemy, stalking his every move, waiting to strike... (Sequel to Where the grass is green and the girls are... PONIES?!)

  • ...
26
 795
 6,945

PreviousChapters Next
Suffering.... is what?

Hello again everyone! I want to start off by saying I am adding a new character, suggested by a private message, enjoy!

Chapter 21: Suffering... is what?


I slowly began to wake up to a bright light in my face. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in my room with light shining through my window directly to my face. I got up and gave a stretch. After a few pleasuring pop noises, I got up and took a quick shower before getting dressed and going to work.

*****************

After getting back from work I opened my house door. As I did a strange feeling crept up my spine. I started looking around. After a few minutes of nothing I ignore it and go inside. I make myself dinner and leave the house. I make my way towards ponyville, the whole way there feeling like I was being watched. I shrugged off the feeling and quickened my pace. I soon began going at a full sprint. I got into ponyville and noticed something.

Silence.

I started wandering around looking for a single pony. But had no luck.

"Hello? Anypony there?!" I shouted hoping for an answer.

'What the hell is going on'

I continue to search until I hear a scream. I start running towards the noise when I come to a stop at what I see. I see six ponies, but not just any ponies. My six friends, laying on the ground... dead. As ponies run around randomly screaming, buildings on fire. I notice the large figure behind them. I try to register the details but only make out that he is shaped like a large horse, and is holding a large blade. The world begins to fade to white. Just before everything disappears, It speaks in a deep, rasp voice.

"Suffering... is magic..."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

I wake up screaming. I look around and realize I am at my house an hour after I got home from work. I was laying on the ground. The cold chill and watching feeling gone. I shake my head to try and focus.

'What in the hell was that... why was that so... familiar?'

I decide it would be best to ignore the dream for now. I make my way to ponyville, hopefully awake this time, to find something to do. On the way trying my best not to think about the dream.

"CJ!" Yells Rainbow dash.

"...GAH!" I jump away for a moment in shock.

"FINALLY! You looked like you were dazed, I was about ready to tackle you to get you attention."

I shake my head and look back at her. "Uh, was there something you needed?"

"No, I saw you and came to say hi, but you looked worried about something, whats wrong?" She says with a hint of worry in her tone.

"N-Nothing... I'll tell you later."

She shrugs and waves goodbye before bolting off. I continue to walk towards ponyville until I hear... a scream...

'... no way...'

I sprint for the screaming and make my way to carousal boutique, I kick open the door and run in.

"RARITY? WHAT'S WRONG!?" I shout looking around.

Rarity is on the couch sobbing. So I run up to her and kneel down. "Rarity! What happened!"

She looks at me with huge sad eyes. "Oh CJ It's horrible, simply dreadful!"

"What is it?"

She continues to stare at me with sad eyes. "I lost my diamond encrusted purple ribbon! Again! Of all the things that could happen, this is the.Worst.Possible.THING!"

She drops back onto the couch and continues to cry.

'Can't tell if serious...'

"I have searched HIGH! And I have searched low... it is neither HIGH nor low..."

'Wow... she is serious....'

I sigh and walk over to the door. I step on something and look down.

"Rarity..."

She looks at my feet and lets out a squeal of delight. "Oh isn't it just the LAST place you look?!"

I roll my eyes. "Yup, unless you want to look for it after you find it..." I mumble as I leave.

I leave the shop and look around. I take in a deep breath and let out a drawn out sigh.

'That was very anti-climactic'

I start walking around looking for something to do. And what do I hear? Screaming.

'For fuck sakes Rarity, did you lose a pencil this time or....'

My train of thought was cut off when I noticed it was multiple screams. I started racing towards the sound. I saw three young fillies running towards ponyville with a rather large white wolf behind them. It stood to about my belly button. I saw it lunge for a kill shot at Applebloom. Without thinking I ran and dove between them.

'Strange, I thought it would hurt...'

I landed on the ground and saw the wolf walk towards me with bloody jaws. I saw the fillies got away. The wolf loomed over me and starred down into my face. Just before It made a killing blow, I saw it hesitate and get off me.

Don't think I'm going to let you die now... Spoke a familiar voice in my head.

We haven't even met yet...

The wolf gave a look of annoyance and turned towards the closest exit of ponyville and ran. A few seconds later I heard hoof steps coming towards me. I felt a aura pick me up and carry me away.

'Why can't I move... everything... Is so... cold...'

Just before everything went black, I could hear the soft echoed sound of a familiar mares voice as she cries...

>>>Perspective change: Unknown being<<<

"Sir... why did you order the wolf to stop... we could have killed him then." Said one of my guards.

I let out a deep chuckle. "Because... I plan on taking care of him myself, besides, what fun would it be if I didn't make him suffer?"

The guard let a small bow. "Yes sir."

I nodded. "Good, now put the plan into action."

"Immediately sir."

As the guard left the room I let out a quiet laugh.

'Sorry to crash your wedding plans... oh wait... no I'm not...' I thought as an evil smile crept over my face.

'This... will be truly entertaining...'

Did you all enjoy this chapter? I got the idea for the new enemy arrival from a P/M someone sent me... I LoL'd so hard when I saw it... :P

PreviousChapters Next