• Published 10th Oct 2012
  • 6,945 Views, 795 Comments

A Shadow’s Grave - Pinkies Imagination



CJ wakes up in Equestria after a year of his own dead sleep. A miracle right? Far from it... there is a dark entity... a forgotten enemy, stalking his every move, waiting to strike... (Sequel to Where the grass is green and the girls are... PONIES?!)

  • ...
26
 795
 6,945

PreviousChapters Next
The Void

I hope you all get as many feels as I did while making it! Btw, It would be awesome if any of you could maybe somehow spread the word of this story? :D Because after showing it to my teacher... My class found out I was a brony, and were very accepting. I think I had actually changed them all into bronies -_- Funniest part? The last 20 mins of class we read my latest chapter, The shadow showdown. They all loved it. I'M SO HAPPY!

Chapter 32: The Void




Everyone but Celestia and Fluttershy were startled by my outbreak. Celestia was trying hard not to laugh, while Fluttershy was slowly advancing towards me. As I watched her walk closer, I had felt the most fear I have ever felt in a long time.

"S-Shy... I-I can e-e-exp-plain...." I stuttered out.

"I-" I was cut off when Shy launched towards me and stopped dead in front of my face as I was kneeling.

"NO! You DON'T! You never cared about me! About Scootaloo! About any of us!" She shouted to me while staring me in the eyes.

As I looked into her eyes painful memories came flooding back. "I-I... S-Shy... I-I..."

"Don't even try to explain! It was all just an act to get us to love you! Wasn't it! WASN'T IT!?" She shouted still staring into my eyes....

As I stared into her eyes I felt the world getting darker around me... I began to get tunnel vision as everything went black.

Ten years ago.... Age 10.... Earth (Third person perspective now)

As two brothers walked home from school one began looking anxious.

"Jack... I need to ask you something..." Chris said coming to a stop on the path leading to their house door.

"Yes Chris? Whats wrong?" Said Jack in a concerned tone.

"Well... I need to know... do you..." Chris paused and took a deep breath. "Do you believe me?" He asked looking up to his smaller brother in front of him.

Jack seemed a bit taken aback by the question. "Believe you, what do you mean?"

"I mean, about my nightmares... and what I am always saying about that man who haunts me...." Said Chris.

Jack though for a second before going up beside his older brother. "Chris... I'm not sure If I do or not... but know this, no matter what happens, I'll be there to help you through." Jack said draping his arm around Chris.

Chris smiled a little at that answer. "Thanks... that's good to know."

Jack nodded. "Alright, now lets get home." He said as they walked up to their house door.

11:55 pm

Chris tossed and turned in his bed as he had the same nightmare as he had every day for as long as he can remember, but this time, everything seemed so much more... real. Chris shot up in his bed and began trying to catch his breath. When He finally did he turned to his clock to see it was 12:00.

"*Groan*"

Chris got up and walked out of the room towards the kitchen. When he got there he opened the fridge.

"A good midnight snack should help me sleep." He said to himself.

As he closed the fridge door while holding a plate which had left over chicken on it he froze in place at a familiar voice.

"Hello again.... miss me?" It spoke.

Chris began looking around frantically as his eyes landed on a set of knives on a counter. He lurched forward and grabbed one and held it to himself.

"W-W-Whatever you w-want... p-p-please j-just do it and go away!" Chris shouted to no one.

"I was hoping you would say that..." As he finished that sentence there was a pained shout from upstairs.

Chris immediately forgot all other fears and just ran towards the noise. When he got to his brothers room, he froze. Chris took a deep breath ans slowly pushed the door open. Chris immediately froze in both fear, sadness, and disgust. In the middle of the room in a pile of his own blood lay his younger brother with multiple stab wounds in his chest. Chris dropped the knife and ran to his brother. He kneeled down and gently lifted his head to his lap.

"J-Jack... no... no I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry... this is all my fault..." Chris repeatted.

Jack lifted his right hand and put it on Chris's cheek. "It's alright brother... this is not your fault.... don't ever think that..." Said Jack weakly.

"I'm just sorry I didn't believe you before... this is gonna be a heck of a mess to clean up..." Said Jack looking at all the blood while chuckling slightly.

Chris held his brother tighter. "Y-Yea... we are gonna have a tough time getting the stains out..." Chris said hugging his brother.

"Yeah... j-just like when we all d-drank t-too much at the C-Christm-mas party..." Jack Stuttered out.

"Yup... mom was sure mad when she found us drinking... but we fixed that mess... and we will both fix this one too..." Chris said, Tears streaking down his cheeks.

"Yeah... but I think blood is a lot harder to..." Jack trailed off.

Chris pulled out of the hug to look into his brothers lifeless eyes. "Jack? Jack... please wake up... please..."

"You must forget how to love, only to hate..." Said a deep voice...

"In the end... your loved ones will always abandon you...."

The voice trailed off as the world became a blur and everything went black.

Present time, 19 Years old, Equestria (First person again)

As the memory ended and I regained my vision I saw I was laying on the ground curled up. I was shaking and I could see everyone was in a group a few feet away.

"Fluttershy! Why would you do that to him! Who knows what that might have done!" Said Twilight.

"It's fine Twilight, It was my fault for playing such a foolish joke on him..." Said Celestia.

"Look! He's awake!" Said Pinkie pie pointing to me.

Everyone flooded over to me and crowded around me. Fluttershy pulled me into a hug.

"Are you alright? I'm so sorry! Sometimes I can't control it..." She said on the verge of tears.

"It's alright... I'm fine." I said a bit shaky.

Celestia walked up to me and bent down to eye level. "CJ... what happened... what did you see..." She said as Hecarim came up beside her.

'So he made it... good to know...'

I looked at Celestia as tears welled up in my eyes... "I-It was nothing important... come on... let's go home..."

Everyone stood up and helped me to my feet. When I got up I walked along side Fluttershy as we left the Castle. On the way there Fluttershy was looking anywhere but me. When I got to my house Fluttershy turned to me.

"Listen... I'm really sorry CJ..." She said almost about to cry again.

I bent down and pulled her into a hug. "I'm fine... really... now go home and get a good nights sleep, don't worry about me."

I broke the hug as she nodded. We gave each other a quick kiss and she flew into the air. She hesitated and turned to me. "If you ever need to talk to me, I'm always willing to listen." I nodded as she flew to her house.

I opened the unlocked door and walked upstairs. I got changed and went to the bed to see Scoots already laying there. I smiled and got into bed. As I did Scoots grabbed onto my neck and buried her face into my chest.

"I'm glad your home daddy..." She said softly.

I looked at her and smiled stroking her mane. "Me too... me too..."

I closed my eyes and almost immediately sleep took me in it's grasp.

Well? What did you all think? Let me know in the comments section! And yes, remember a long time ago when he said the shadow hurt his friend at age 10? Bet none of you expected it to be his BROTHER! MUA HAHAH! HAHA... ha... ha..... aw... now I went and made myself sad....

PreviousChapters Next