• Published 10th Oct 2012
  • 6,945 Views, 795 Comments

A Shadow’s Grave - Pinkies Imagination



CJ wakes up in Equestria after a year of his own dead sleep. A miracle right? Far from it... there is a dark entity... a forgotten enemy, stalking his every move, waiting to strike... (Sequel to Where the grass is green and the girls are... PONIES?!)

  • ...
26
 795
 6,945

PreviousChapters Next
Epic rap battles of history (kind of)

Hope you enjoy the music... and the whole chapter for that matter! Credit for the song goes to the living tombstone, STAY AWESOME!

Chapter 15: Epic rap battles of history

I hit play on the song and went up to the mic, I had been practicing singing for most of my songs and I could sing some of them my self. I just hoped this one turned out as well as it did in my head.

The music began... (Here you go!)

The music began and I took a deep breath and began singing.

I'm not a fan of puppeteers but I've a nagging fear
someone else is pulling at the strings
Something terrible is going down through the entire town
wreaking anarchy and all it brings

I can't sit idly, no, I can't move at all
I curse the name, the one behind it all...

Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!

I paused for a moment catching my breath, and looked at the crowd, I could not see any reactions from any of them. Not even Flutter shy. The only one giving a reaction was the panicking from the other DJ. I gave a slight laugh and continued my song when I caught my breath.

I'm fine with changing status quo, but not in letting go
Now the world is being torn apart
A terrible catastrophe played by your symphony,
what a terrifying work of art!

I can't sit idly, no, I can't move at all
I curse the name, the one behind it all...

Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!

Taking another pause and looking at the crowd. Still no reactions. 'Crap, did they not like it? Is my singing that bad?' Then I noticed Flutter shy and her friends smiling, that was enough to take away all of my fears, I went back to the mic after letting the music go on for a bit.

Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!

I stood there for a while. Looking at the crowd. After what felt like hours they all erupted into cheering. I gave a sigh of relief and turned to the other DJ. He had his head down and looked really beat up about this. I walked away from the setup over to him.

"Hey man, you have talent, so what you may not be the best, I bet there are other even better than me. Personally, I think your music was great. One defeat means nothing."

He nodded and smiled a bit. "Thanks man, I'll see you around." He gave me a nod and went to pack up his stuff.

I looked over and saw my friends walking towards me. Flutter shy ahead of them.

'Aw shit....'

I braced myself for impact, a moment later I was tackled by a yellow pegasus. I opened my eyes and she was staring down at me.

"That was AMAZING! You are AWESOME at music!" She said, planting a huge kiss on my lips.

She got off realizing basically all of ponyville was watching us. She went deep red and I laughed. But I kept my eyes one her. Just in case.

"Wow dude! You are really good!" Said Rainbow.

"Meh... I could probably do better." I said with a sad excuse for a smile. They all laughed and then dissipated saying there good bye's.

Me and Flutter shy were left alone... I looked towards her and she was staring right at me.

"Uh... Shy? Are you OK?"

She slowly nodded then put on a mischievous smile.

'Gah crap'

"Listen Shy... can it wait until tomorrow? I am kind of tired after that..."

She just continued to stare at me. "I don't think so...." She grabbed my hand and started walking me to her house.

Once again, she felt like she had an iron grip. When we reached her house we went up to her room. When the door was locked she turned to me and started walking to me.

'THINK DAMMIT THINK!'

I got an idea.

"Alright Shy, I'll do it."

She cocked her head a bit.

"If..."

She continued to stare in interest.

"I am in control."

She thought about it for a moment then nodded. She walked over to the bed and lay down on her back and closed her eyes.

"Hehe... hurry up..."

I acted fast. I grabbed the bedsheets and the blanket that were on the floor and walked over to her. I jumped onto the bed and held her down. I tied all of her legs down to the bed. I backed off a bit and looked at her. She opened her eyes and began to get VERY mad.

"You let me out of this RIGHT now mister!"

I shook my head. "Sorry Shy, It's for your own good, I'll let you out tomorrow."

Through her yelling and screaming I lay down on the couch downstairs with a spare blanket and pillow and dozed off.

'Tomorrow is going to be VERY awkward...'

PreviousChapters Next