• Published 10th Oct 2012
  • 6,942 Views, 795 Comments

A Shadow’s Grave - Pinkies Imagination



CJ wakes up in Equestria after a year of his own dead sleep. A miracle right? Far from it... there is a dark entity... a forgotten enemy, stalking his every move, waiting to strike... (Sequel to Where the grass is green and the girls are... PONIES?!)

  • ...
26
 795
 6,942

PreviousChapters Next
Will it work?

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoy my latest chapter! Also, to speed thing us a bit with chapter production, I am willing to add new characters to the story chosen by the commenters, so get your gears turning and your comment posting button ready!

Chapter 3: Will it work?


The next morning I wake up with light beaming down on my eyes. I slowly open them and lay there for a moment thinking about the previous night.

'Hm... Shy seems to really like me... but I'm not sure if It is even right for us to be together... I remember all the Fics about these kinds of things but...' My thoughts were cut off when a crazy idea emerged into my mind.

'Hm, I need to make sure this is what Shy wants, and I need to spend some time to think about if I really want to go through with this whole thing, if it is even POSSIBLE...'

I decided to pay Flutter shy a visit... after breakfast of course, and ask her if she really feels this way about me. If so, I knew exactly what to do. I walked out of my house and took a deep breath and began to walk towards Flutter shy's house.

'I hope she is OK with my answer... I don't want to lose a good friend over something like this...'

I walked towards the cottage and stood in front of the door. A million thoughts going through my mind at headache speeds. I shook my head and looked up to the door and took a deep breath.

"KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK..."

A voice could be heard from inside the house.

"O-Oh...c-coming!"

As she opened the door her smile faded for a moment then quickly reappeared.

"O-Oh.. CJ! How are you doing?" She said forcing a smile.

I looked at her and sighed.

"Shy, can I come in, I need to speak to you about something."

She nodded and walked away from the door, I followed her in and shut the door, then turned around to see her staring at me in curiosity.

"Shy... come sit down with me." I said as I sat down on the couch, patting at the spot beside me.

She jumped up and lay down in the empty space and looked up at me, I looked back at her big eyes.

"Listen, Shy... I-I know how you f-feel about me... how you see me as more than a friend... r-right?" She blushed and nodded very slowly.

I took a deep breath to settle myself and continued, "But, I'm afraid... it just... wont work... I am a completely different species than you. As long as I am a human or you are a pony, it just wont work." I said looking down at her.

She was on the verge of tears so I pulled her into a hug.

"I-I understand C-CJ... I'm sorry that I thou-" I cut off her sentence and pushed her away and looked into her eyes.

"Shy, listen, this is not your fault, It's just... where I am from... It's considered a crime to do this... it was in no way your fault, you had no way of ever knowing." She nodded and I pulled her back into a hug where she began crying on my shoulder.

'Well, I cant stand her being like this, I guess I will have to go through with my crazy plan that will probably end up with me either torn apart, disfigured, or just plain out dead....again....'

I pushed her away and looked into her teared up eyes.

"Listen Shy, I need to go to Twilight's for a few things, I may be gone for quite a while. So I'll see you soon alright?" She nodded slowly and walked away as I made my way to the door. I opened the door and stepped out. Before closing it I called inside.

"Oh.. and Shy, just so you know... I did very well consider it, and would have done it, but I just cant, I hope you understand."

I couldn't see it, but I was sure she smiled before I finally shut the door.

'Now It's time to go to Twilight's.'

I turned and made my way down towards ponyville on my way to the library. On the way there forcing a smile on my face, but inside, I was completely scared and nervous. I got to the library and knocked, and spike answered, looked up and smiled.

"Hi CJ! What's up?"

"Oh nothing much, here, I need you to send this letter for me, It's for the princess."

He looked at the letter I handed him and shrugged, took in a deep breath and set the letter a-flame.

>>>Perspective change: Spike<<<

CJ handed me the letter, I was going to open it and take a peek, but noticed words saying, '' 'For Celestia's eyes ONLY' '' so I shrugged and sent the letter to Celestia, moments later began to feel a familiar rumbling in my stomach. I belched up a scroll and handed it to CJ who read it for a moment and closed it, revealing a huge smile on his face.

"Whoa... Dude that's creepy..."

>>>Perspective change: CJ<<<

I put the note in my pocket and laughed as Spike said that one line that always made me laugh from the day I first heard it. I turned around and walked to ponyville where I sat on a bench and waited. About 20 minutes later a pegasus drawn chariot pulled up with princess Celestia inside it. I smiled and walked over where I pulled myself up and sat down next to the princess.

"CJ, are you completely sure this is what you want? Because no amount of magic in the world could help you if you change your mind."

I turned to her and smiled softly. "Yes Tia, this is what I want, I am sure I have thought about it long enough and I am ready."

Celestia smiled and nodded to the pegesi. I turned to her and Raised an eyebrow.

"Uh... Tia... which one will it be?"

She turned and looked back at me. "I'm not sure, It's luck of the draw CJ, nothing more to it."

I nodded and looked ahead to Canterlot, and smiled at how much better it looked close up. I can only imagine what it will be like living here for a few weeks.

REMEMBER! I am willing to add new characters to the story chosen by you all! So get thinking!

PreviousChapters Next