• Published 10th Oct 2012
  • 6,945 Views, 795 Comments

A Shadow’s Grave - Pinkies Imagination



CJ wakes up in Equestria after a year of his own dead sleep. A miracle right? Far from it... there is a dark entity... a forgotten enemy, stalking his every move, waiting to strike... (Sequel to Where the grass is green and the girls are... PONIES?!)

  • ...
26
 795
 6,945

PreviousChapters Next
An eventful night

Hope you guys enjoy the music! Remember to leave a comment and a like!

Chapter 11: An eventful night


I woke up the next morning with a slight headache. I brushed it off and got up. I began cleaning my white clothes. When they were clean I folded them up and placed them on the bed. I got dressed in the black clothes and jacket and left my house. I went around town telling my friends about the party tonight. Needless to say they were excited. We were all at sugarcube corner eating some sugary treats.

"Hey RD, come here, I want you to hear something." I held up an earphone to one of hear ears and hit play on a song I had finished remixing last night. She instantly smiled.

"Do you like it?"

"It is awesome! Of course I like it!"

"Well, I have some lyrics for it, do you know any colt that would be able to sing them?"

She thought for a moment. "What are the lyrics?"

I gave a small laugh, "That RD, is a surprise." She rolled her eyes.

"Ya I know somepony, I'll bring you to them now if you like."

I turned towards everypony else. "I'll see you all around, remember to come to the party tonight."

They all said goodbye and said they will be there. As we walked (She hovered) she started asking constantly about the song, I just kept telling her she will see. Finally we made it to a small house with a plain wood door. She walked up and knocked. A few moments later a colt answered. He had a blue coat with a whitish blue-ish mane and tail. He had a microphone for a cutie mark. Perfect.

"Hello, my name is Chris, CJ for short." I reached out my hand, which he shook.

"My name is Perfect pitch, and what can I do for you today?"

I looked at him and then began. "I have come here to ask you to sing in one of my songs at the club tonight."

He began thinking hard. Then turned and asked for the lyrics. I handed him a sheet and he read it.

"Alright, I will, just give me some time to practice."

I nodded and said thanks. He replied simply with no problem.

I turned to Rainbow who was just sitting there bored out of her mind. I laughed as I made our way to my house to get a few things. Rainbow returned home.

****************************

I had my goggles on, and It was time to have one hell of a night. I walked into the club and everyone started staring at me, I walked past all my friends who sat there watching me. I motioned for pitch to follow me. So he did. We went back stage and I began setting up. I looked back to pitch who looked a bit worried. I went over to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Hey man... what's wrong?"

He looked at me then down at the ground with a heavy sigh. "It's been a long time... and I am a bit nervous."

I looked at him for a bit, then smiled. "You don't have to worry about anything man, you are going to do great. But if you really don't want to do this, tell me now."

He sat there for a moment then nodded. "I'm alright, lets do this."

I smiled and went to the mic.

"Whats up ponies of ponyville?! I have a special treat for you all today, I call it..." I hit play on the song. (Listen to this while you read) "20% cooler... all credit goes to RD and her friend Perfect pitch!" Then the song began on my Playlist I created.

As the music played I looked down from the balcony like room past the glass. All the ponies sat there listening for a few moments. When the song picked up everyone cheered and went into a full on dance. I looked over to Perfect pitch and gave him a thumbs up. Where he nodded and smiled as he sang.

I walked out of the room to let him concentrate and walked into Flutter shy and RD.

RD was on the ground looking ready to collapse and Flutter shy was freaking out and jumping in place. I walked up and held RD up and held Flutter shy down.

"What did ya guys come up here for? Wanted to make a suggestion?"

Flutter shy was the first to speak up. "No, we wanted to come and tell you h-" She was cut off when RD flew in front of my face.

"OH!!!!! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! You are so awesome!" She pulled me into a tight hug. Past her I saw Flutter shy a bit annoyed.

I put my arms up in the air in a "I don't know" manner. Finally RD released the hug and bolted back to the rest of our friends.

"Quite the excited one... huh?" I said to Flutter shy.

"Ya... she can be a bit over reactive at times. But now that she is gone, I need to tell you something." I nodded to her and followed her outside.

(Turn down the music to a muffled volume plox)

I turned to her and gave her a curious look.

"OK, what did you want to tell me?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

She looked very embarrassed and looked strait into my eyes. "Listen, I need you to... um... stay away from me tomorrow... OK?"

That caught me a bit off guard. "Uh...why?"

She started shifting in place. "Well...uh... how much do you know about mares?"

I continued to stare at her. "Uh... enough I guess?"

She took in a deep breath and looked at me. "Well.. every year we... um... each mare... uh... just stay away from me for the next three days OK?"

I still wanted to know but I figured I could just ask someone else later. So I nodded and we went back into the club.

(Turn the music back up)

I walked over to my friends who all looked at me and smiled. And Rainbows smile was probably 20% bigger than Pinkie's (See what I did thar?) I sat down on a chair near them and they all came up to me.

"Wow CJ, ah' never realized how talented ya'll are with music." Said AJ.

"I agree darling, I don't usually like this kind of music but I love yours." Said Rarity with a smile.

"Oh that stuff you did with the sound is incredible!" Said Pinkie.

"I wanted to say thanks for.. um... you know... giving me the credit, your awesome!" Said Rainbow.

"Anytime RD, and thanks everypony, means a lot to me. Now, lets have some fun!" They all nodded in agreement.

We began playing lots of games and even got into a drinking game with berry punch, I didn't even get tipsy, having fingers make things to easy. Then I noticed a certain white unicorn by the punch. I walked over to her.

"Sup Vinyl?" She turned to me and put on a huge smile.

I lifted up my goggles and winked at her. "Party is goin great huh?"

"Hay ya it is, you have talent. I can't wait to hear what you make next!" We sat there for a while talking.

I finally said goodbye and I walked away towards the rest of my friends. When I got there sat next to Flutter shy on a couch with my friends.

"You all having fun?"

They all nodded

I sat down next to them and began talking with them about everything. I told them things about my next songs. they were all excited about them. epecialy RD and Flutter shy. We sat there for what felt like hours talking when it was only a few minutes. We then remained silent for a while listening to the music. So I decided to just relax.

(If it is not on it, switch to the skrillex one)

Then a familiar song came on, and I put on a huge smile and sat up.

"One of my favorites. RD, you are going to love this one."

They all cocked their heads and began to listen. They all loved it, ESPECIALLY Rainbow. Flutter shy stayed quiet the rest of the time after the talk outside. After a bit of talk the rest of the time we basically sat there listening to the music or dancing for fun now and again. Well, that was when I was not being mobbed by people asking for autographs.

A little while later when the club began to empty, I went up and pulled out my I-pod. On my way home I had a few things running through my mind.

'I wonder why Shy want's me to stay away... was it something I did? Shit I forgot to ask someone while I was at the club... wait... no never mind, I wouldn't want to embarrass her...' I decided to deal with it in the morning. It was 3 O'clock and I needed to get up for work tomorrow. I walked up to my house and unlocked it and walked through my house. I went upstairs and pulled off my dirty clothes, and took clean ones and placed them at the feet of the bed.

'Whatever It is I hope It is nothing bad'

Turns out... I was right about the "doozy" coming.

PreviousChapters Next