• Published 1st Apr 2024
  • 6,321 Views, 902 Comments

This Story Did Not Explode - PseudoBob Delightus

  • ...
14
 902
 6,321

Chapter 2

Author's Note:

If the images don't work, try this offsite file: Chapter 2

I walked into the classroom. 'Bright and early' was never quite the right term for it, and this morning was no exception. The windows were still dark, the wooden floor was still cold, and the seats were still empty.

But this was the only way I knew to start my day.

I tried to focus on the lesson plan. We would be starting Modern Magonomic Theory today. It was advanced stuff for most of my students, but still understandable if broken down into component concepts and demonstrated by example.

I still had about two hundred little wooden blocks left over from last year that had proved useful. And I certainly couldn't use real bits!

A big problem was still how to represent the Crown Reserve. I acted as Reserve last time, but it would work a lot better if a student played the role instead.

And...

I shuddered, and looked up.


It still didn't seem real. That the story was going to explode.

If it's true, then, what was the point? To just waste our time away before the end?

Well, it didn't feel like I was wasting my time. Really I was right where I belonged. Even if none of my students came to class today, I figured I'd feel in my final moments that I'd spent my time well.

I shook my head. Whew, what a heavy subject! Back to the lesson plan.