• Published 1st Apr 2024
  • 6,321 Views, 902 Comments

This Story Did Not Explode - PseudoBob Delightus

  • ...
14
 902
 6,321

Chapter 15

Twilight put away her phone and assumed a strong stance in the town square, facing down the giant floating title in the sky from her relatively diminutive position. "Alright, girls. This is it."

"This is... what?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Applejack scoffed. "Seriously?"

Pinkie Pie explained: "This is the part where we use our flashy magic powers to shoot down the mean title and stop the story from exploding!" Then she looked at Twilight with her eyes slightly crossed. "Right?"

"Yes." Twilight took a deep breath. "Let's end this."

In a flash of purple, her eyes lit up and she was lifted into the air in a sharp glow. The same happened to Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Rarity, in order of narrative importance. They didn't possess the elemental trinkets - they didn't need them. Rather, the symbols materialized on their barrels, and emanated energies that resonated and harmonized with each other until they were of unstoppable magnitude. A great beam of chromatic light shot out of them and arced upwards before bending, curving, plunging towards the abominable title whence this chaos erupted.

For a moment the title warped on impact, as if was about to shatter. But then the beam of light bounced off and zapped an innocent bystander, who emitted a deafening scream, "Yeowch!" before prompty dying.

"Well," Twilight said, "... horseapples."