• Published 1st Apr 2024
  • 6,321 Views, 902 Comments

This Story Did Not Explode - PseudoBob Delightus

  • ...
14
 902
 6,321

Chapter 18

"Rarity?" Twilight asked, as she gingerly entered the Carousel Boutique. "Please tell me you're not holed up in here, too." She glanced back at Fluttershy, whom Rainbow Dash was holding far away from any doorways narrower than a wingspan.

"What ever do you mean?" Rarity called down from her upstairs hall. "I was just getting ready!"

"Ready for..."

"For the mission! Or whatever-it-is." Rarity's voice floated down the stairs as she descended. "Surely there's a mission of some description."

"Well, yes," Twilight admitted. "I guess that's true. I just kind of expected you to be hiding from the big thing in the sky. For some reason."

Rarity turned up her nose, but kept her eyes closed, as she left the boutique. "Nonsense, dear. What I can't see can't hurt me."

Twilight did observe, after a minute of awkward observation, that Rarity was most definitely not looking up.

"Speaking of," Rarity continued, "has anyone seen Sweetie Belle lately?"

Shrugs all around.

"Come to think of it, I haven't seen Apple Bloom recently neither," said Applejack.

Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy all looked at Rainbow Dash.

She looked back at them. "What?"

Twilight asked, "Have you seen Scootaloo recently?"

Rainbow Dash considered this very carefully before immediately returning with the question, "Who's Scootaloo?"