• Published 1st Apr 2024
  • 6,321 Views, 902 Comments

This Story Did Not Explode - PseudoBob Delightus

  • ...
14
 902
 6,321

Chapter 13

Author's Note:

If the images don't work, try this offsite file: Chapter 13

"Let go of me, let go!" Twilight growled.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash didn't let go of her.

"You've got to calm down, dear!" Rarity told her.

Twilight calmly screamed, "I'm calm!"

The rest of the gang were a bit worried. Without Twilight to lead them at the moment, they needed to find somepony else who could solve this.

Four pairs of eyes turned to Fluttershy.

"Eep!"


The draconequus in question was sun-bathing in Fluttershy's backyard, complete with a reclining lawn chair and fold-out mirror.

There was hardly an ear twitch or a lift of an eyebrow to signal his annoyance with the ponies suddenly crowding around him and blocking his light. He merely sighed, "Oh goody."

"Discord," Rarity began. "We, er, hope you're having a good day."

"I was."

"I know, right?" Pinkie Pie interjected. "The story is going to explode! How often does that happen, huh?"

"That's kind of the thing," Rarity continued. "We were hoping you could do one of your little finger-snap things and fix this for us."

That made Discord lower his sunglasses. "Now, why would I do that, my dear?"

"Because it would be bad if the story exploded?"

"Hmph. So little imagination. I, for one, relish the opportunity to experience non-existence."

"I-"

"Relish it!"

"Okay." Rarity shrugged, and looked back at Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. "I got nothing." But she almost took a step back when she saw the latter's expression.

Fluttershy shouted, like a disappointed mother, "Discord! This is serious!"

"Ugh, I'm being serious." Discord let his lawn equipment vaporize as he resumed a weightless posture. "And here's the deal, Flutter-buns. If everything ends, then I won't have to endure you or your eyeball magic or your saccharine expressions of manipulation ever again. Best of all, I won't even be around to feel bad for it!" He gasped and pointed at the pegasus. "Hah! She's doing it again!"

Fluttershy stared at him for a moment longer before she realized he was unbowed. "But... it'll be bad, Discord. Really, really bad, for everypony. Are you really going to let that happen?"

For once, Discord seemed deep in comtemplation, as he looked up at the ever-present title floating above them.


"Yup," he said, as his lawn chair and sun reflector reappeared. "It was nice knowing you ponies. Don't let the dislike button hit you on the way out."

"The - what button?" Fluttershy asked.

"Oh, this is going nowhere," Rarity said, waving Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie away with her. "Let's see how the rest are doing."