• Published 20th Feb 2024
  • 236 Views, 20 Comments

Diamond's Pokémon Adventure - Brian Sheil



To prove her mother that she is capable of doing right, Diamond Tiara starts a Pokémon journey.

  • ...
 20
 236

PreviousChapters Next
4. A Rocking Gym Battle

Author's Note:

It's time for Diamond Tiara's first gym battle.

Diamond Tiara arrived at Pewter City to take on the Gym Challenge. Just as she came into the city, she was greeted by Zephyr Breeze.

"Hey, girl." Zephyr greeted. "I see you made it."

"I sure did, Zephyr." Diamond replied. "Once I heal my Pokémon, I'm going to take on the Gym."

"Easy, Diamond. The gym isn't going anywhere. Just take a look around the town. It can help you relax. In the meantime, here are five Great Balls for extra tricky catches."

Diamond had to admit. Zephyr does have a point. After healing her Pokémon, she decided to look around the town. Soon, she sees a pink hippo like creature on a front lawn.

"It's a Slowpoke." Diamond said as she pulls out her Pokédex.

Slowpoke, the Dopey Pokémon. The Pokédex said. Slow to react to anything. It tends to lay around without worrying about time.

"Excuse me!" A female voice calls out. It belongs to a woman with short hair. "I need to do an errand. Will you please watch over Slowpoke for me?"

"Well, sure." Diamond replied. "Me and Eevee will be happy to."

"Thank you. I won't be long."

As the woman leaves, Diamond and Eevee look at Slowpoke.

"You know, Eevee." Diamond said. "Slowpoke is an interesting Pokémon indeed."

Eevee nodded in agreement. The two friends look after Slowpoke. Everybody was enjoying the peaceful time together when the woman returned.

"I'm back." The woman said. "How was looking over Slowpoke?"

"Very relaxing." Diamond replied. "Slowpoke is a very easy going Pokémon. Eevee and I were happy with this job."

"That's good. You and Eevee look cute together. Thank you for your help."

Diamond blushed, knowing that woman was right. Later, Diamond and Eevee left a museum feeling very good.

"Those exhibits were amazing, Eevee." Diamond said as she takes off her shoes. "Good thing I slipped on my sneakers. I don't think museums tolerate anybody going barefoot."

Soon, Diamond arrives at another building. The Pewter City gym. The pair walks in and looks around. It looks like the inside of a cave. As Diamond was astounded with the environment, a male voice got her attention. "Can I help you?"

The voice belongs to a young man with spiky brown hair. He wore a green vest over a black shirt, brown pants, and sneakers.

"Hello there, sir." Diamond said. "My name is Diamond Tiara. And, I'm here for a gym battle."

"Pretty interesting for a member of one of Canterlot's wealthy families to engage in a gym battle." The young man replied.

"So, you heard of my family. Well, I arrived in Kanto to prove that I don't need to ride on my Dad and Mom's coattails."

"I do admire someone like you to make daring decisions. My name is Brock, and I'm the gym leader. If it's a gym battle you want, I will accommodate you."

This made Diamond Tiara smile. "Okay, Brock. Let's go for it!"

Diamond takes her place as she gets ready for her gym battle. Brock's parents and siblings gathered to be witnesses.

"Let's make this a two on two Pokémon battle." Brock said. "Ladies first."

"Okay." Diamond replied as she sends in her friend. "Let's start off with you, Eevee."

Eevee steps out, ready to battle. Brock's family were confused.

"Easy peasy." Yolanda said. "This shining diamond will lose her shine quickly."

"Easy, sis." Tommy replied. "Some Pokémon might surprise you."

"Choosing an Eevee, huh?" Brock said as he pulls out his Poké Ball. "This should be interesting. Geodude, let's go!"

Out pops a rock with arms and a face. Diamond pulls out her Pokédex.

Geodude, the Rock Pokémon. The Pokédex said. Gets very angry easily when accidentally stepped on.

"Go, Eevee." Diamond said. "Use Tackle!"

Eevee rushes in to take on Geodude. Brock reacts. "Geodude, use your Tackle too!"

Geodude collides with Eevee. Eevee was pushed back. But, it soon got up.

"Your Eevee is a fighter. I'll give it that." Brock complimented. "But, a Normal type can't beat a Rock type."

"It can with the right training." Diamond replied.

"Let's see about that. Geodude, Tackle again!"

As Geodude rushes in, Diamond unleashes a surprise. "Eevee, use Double Kick!"

Eevee runs up to Geodude, and kicked it twice. The kicks were so powerful, Geodude crashed into a wall, then fainted.

"Geodude is unable." Forrest, the eldest brother, announced. "Eevee wins."

Brock's family were shocked to see this happen.

"Miss Tiara is right." Brock's father said. "Anything can happen when Pokémon are trained correctly."

As Brock recalls Geodude, he expresses his opinion. "I'm pleasantly impressed, Diamond Tiara. Having Eevee learn Double Kick is a unique strategy."

"Thank you, Brock." Diamond replied.

"Let's see how you fare against this Pokémon. Go, Onix!"

Out comes a large stone snake. Diamond studies about this one.

Onix, the Rock Snake Pokémon. Said the Pokédex. It tunnels fast underground. This leaves a lot of holes in the ground.

Diamond thought about her strategy. After calling Eevee back, she takes out her own Poké Ball. "Go, Bulbasaur!"

Bulbasaur pops out, ready to fight. Brock begins to attack. "Onix, use Headbutt!"

Onix rushed in to hit Bulbasaur. The seed Pokémon shook off the cobwebs as Brock gives another command. "Okay, Onix. Use Rock Throw!"

Onix sent a rock to strike Bulbasaur. Diamond reacted quickly. "Dodge it! Then, use Leech Seed!"

After avoiding the rock, Bulbasaur fired a Leech Seed at Onix. The seed drained some of the energy from the rock snake.

"Here's our chance, Bulbasaur!" Diamond said happily. "Use Vine Whip!"

Bulbasaur extended two vines to strike Onix. Soon, the massive rock Pokémon fainted.

"Onix is unable to battle." Forrest announced. "Bulbasaur wins. The winner of this gym battle is Diamond Tiara."

Bulbasaur rushed into Diamond's arms

"We win, Bulbasaur!" Diamond cheered.

Brock recalled Onix and watched Diamond's love towards her Pokémon

"Well, Diamond." Brock said happily. "I'll bet your mother won't have any excuse to bring you down now. You have shown your dedication to bring a Pokémon trainer." He then took out an object shaped like a rock. "You have truly earned the Boulder Badge."

Diamond was given her badge. "Thank you, Brock."

Brock and his family are impressed with Diamond and her Pokémon. As she exited the gym, she was met by a young man with spiky brown hair.

"Hello, Diamond Tiara." The young man greeted. "We meet at last."

"I don't believe it!" Diamond gasped. "Gary Oak. Professor Oak's grandson."

"In person. My grandpa told me that you and Zephyr Breeze are on a Pokémon journey."

"Yes. And, I just won my first badge."

"Not bad. But, you still have seven more badge to collect before tackling the Pokémon League. I'll show up from time to time. Later."

As Gary leaves, Diamond Tiara realized that Gary is right. She has lots more work to do."

End of Chapter 4


DIAMOND TIARA
Eevee
Pidgey
Pikachu
Bulbasaur


PreviousChapters Next