• Published 20th Feb 2024
  • 237 Views, 20 Comments

Diamond's Pokémon Adventure - Brian Sheil



To prove her mother that she is capable of doing right, Diamond Tiara starts a Pokémon journey.

  • ...
 20
 237

PreviousChapters Next
28. A Mansion and a Game Show

Author's Note:

The girls face a lot of Twista and turns as they prepare for Diamond's next gym battle.

After arriving at Cinnabar Island, the girls went to the Pokémon Center to heal their Pokémon. Meanwhile, the girls changed into their regual clothes. Silver and Babs changed into the outfits they wore when they first got together with Diamond. Diamond herself changed into her red T shirt and overalls.

"How did you get that Starmie?" Babs asked.

"During our travels, I found a Water Stone." Diamond explained. "I learned that it evolves certain Pokémon like Staryu."

"Makes sense to me."

Soon, they find themselves at a laboratory. Babs was waiting outside. Diamond and Silver walked outside with smiles on their faces.

"How did it go?" Babs asked.

"It went well." Diamond said. "Here's what the Helix Fossil gave me."

Out popped a creature with a spiral shell on its back. Diamond played back the info on this Pokémon. Omanyte, the Spiral Pokémon. Its shell can protect itself from any attack.

"And, here's what that Old Amber holds." Silver said.

Out popped a giant rock bird. The Pokédex gave Babs some good information. Aerodactyl, the Fossil Pokemon. The fangs in it's jaws are as sharp as saws.

"That's awesome!" Babs said.

"Thanks." Diamond replied. "This is why I sent Starmie to Professor Oak."

"Now, one problem. How will we get into the Pokémon Gym? The doors are locked."

"I heard there's a secret key in that old mansion." Silver said as she pointed to the building. "Let's look in there."

As the crew look around, they see many Koffing floating around. They soon encountered a burglar who sent out a small orange puppy. Diamond used her Pokédex to study this Pokémon. Growlithe, the Puppy Pokémon. This Pokémon is always loyal to it's trainer.

Diamond decided to call for a Pokémon she hasn't brought out in a while. "Let's go, Graveler!"

Graveler came out, but the burglar isn't impressed. "What cam that pile of rocks do? Growlithe, Flame Wheel!"

Growlithe soon spins like a firey ball Diamond countered. "Time for your new move, Graveler. Use Rollout!"

Tucking it's leg and arms, Graveler rolled hard into Growlithe. When the burglar saw Growlithe fainted, he recalled it and ran away. Just then, Graveler started to glow. That means it's evolving. Seconds later, a boulder like creature appeared.

"My Graveler evolved into a Golem!" Diamond cheered.

Golem, the Megaton Pokémon and the evolved form of Graveler. The Pokédex said. It's strong enough to withstand an explosion.

Diamond was happy as she and Golem high fived each other. Silver saw something on the floor.

"I think this is the Secret Key to the Cinnabar Gym." Silver figured.

"Let's take it to the gym and find out." Diamond replied as she recalls Golem.

After exiting the mansion, the girls tried the key on the locked door of the gym. It worked. The lock was undone and the door opened. The atmosphere was like a game show studio. Diamond put on her sneakers so she won't embarrass anyone in the place. The girls sat down with others as a young man wearing glasses stepped up to the microphone.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," the young man said, "welcome to the Cinnabar Quiz Game. And, here's your host, Blaine!"

The crowd applauded as a elderly man with white hair and mustache and wearing a lab coat stepped on the stage.

"Thank you for that great intro, Brian." Blaine said as he turned to the audience. "Hi, everybody. It's time to choose one of you to play." He soon sees Diamond Tiara in the crowd. "How about you, farm girl?"

Diamond was shocked to be called in as a contestant. She stepped up onto the stage.

"So, what's your name, young lady?" Blaine asked.

"Diamond Tiara." Diamond answered. "I come from Canterlot."

"Well, Miss Tiara. Step in to the podium and we can begin."

As soon as Diamond steps into a game area, Blaine gives her some instructions. "I'm going to test your knowledge on Pokémon . Are you ready?"

"I guess so." Diamond replied.

"Okay then, here's your first question." Blaine pulls out a card. "Which Pokémon is known as the Spitfire Pokémon? Magmar or Growlithe?"

Diamond quickly answered. "It's Magmar. I've seen a Growlithe. It's referred as the Puppy Pokémon."

A bell sounded as Blaine cheered. "Magmar is correct. You get a Blaine doll."

A plush version of Blaine popped up as Blaine got her attention. "Here's Question number two. How many Gym Badges do you need to enter the Pokémon League? Seven or eight?"

Diamond answered in a few seconds. "I need eight badges. This gym is stop number seven for me."

The bell sounded again. Everybody cheered.

"You DO need eight badges." Blaine said. "Right answer. Here's another Blaine doll."

A second Blaine plushie pops up. In the audience, Silver and Babs cheered for their friend.

"Okay, Diamond. Here's question number three." Blaine said. "How effective are steel type moves against fire Pokémon?"

Diamond thought about it. After five seconds, she gave an answer. "Not so effective. In fact, fire moves are super effective against steel Pokémon."

The bell rings as Blaine cheered. "You guessed right, my dear. Here comes another plushie!"

As a third Blaine plushie pops out, Blaine takes out another card. "Here we go with question number four. True or False? TM 28 contains Tombstoney."

Diamond quickly answered the question. "False. There's no such move as Tombstoney."

The audience cheered as the bells ring through out the studio.

"You are on a roll." Blaine said happily. "Here's another Plushie."

As a fourth Blaine plushie pops out, Diamond is ready for anything.

"Here's your final question, Diamond." Blaine said to you. "Who would you like to battle? The leader of this gym, a crafty old man, or someone with a handsome mustache?"

Diamond Tiara thought about it, and after seven seconds, she gave her answer. "Believe it or not, I think it's all of the above. Because the gym leader here is," She then pointed at Blane. "YOU!"

The bell rings wildly as a fifth Blaine plushie pops out.

"Congratulations, Diamond Tiara." Blaine said proudly. "You answered your questions correctly. And, as you figured, I am the Gym Leader of Cinnabar Island. And, I specialize in Fire Pokémon. Now, get ready for a four on four gym battle!"

After the game show experience, Diamond is ready for her Gym Battle against Blaine. Will she put out his fire or will she get burned?

We'll find out in our next episode.

End of Chapter 28


DIAMOND TIARA
Eevee
Pidgeot
Pikachu
Golem
Dugtrio
Omanyte

At Oak's Lab
Venusaur
Hypno
Vulpix
Snorlax
Alolan Ninetales
Starmie

BABS SEED
Charizard
Fearow
Kadabra
Lapras

SILVER SPOON
Blastoise
Venomoth
Rhyhorn
Porygon
Aerodactyl


PreviousChapters Next