• Published 20th Feb 2024
  • 230 Views, 20 Comments

Diamond's Pokémon Adventure - Brian Sheil



To prove her mother that she is capable of doing right, Diamond Tiara starts a Pokémon journey.

  • ...
 20
 230

PreviousChapters Next
2. Starting the Adventure

Diamond Tiara walks along Route 1. The electronic map she was given says that her next stop is Viridian City.

"It does feel pretty unusual walking barefoot around here." Diamond thought. "But, walking on the grass does feel very good. I'll put my sneakers back on when I reach Viridian."

Soon, she sees a small brown bird walking on the bottom of the tree. She pulls out her Pokédex in excitement. "Ooo. A Pidgey."

Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokémon. The Pokédex said in a charming female voice. It can kick up sand to run from enemies.

Diamond decides to try catching Pidgey. After studying it carefully, she chooses the right moment. "Poké Ball. GO!"

The ball connects to Pidgey and absorbs it. After a few shakes, the ball clicked. Diamond was surprised as she picks up the Poké Ball. "Oh my gosh! I caught a Pidgey!"

Eevee was jumping up and down happily. Soon, the pair arrived at Viridian City. After putting her sneakers on, Diamond looked around the city. She soon sees a big building. One of the people of the city gave her some information.

"This is the Viridian City gym." The person said. "The last gym in the Gym Challenge."

"Gym Challenge?" Diamond asked.

"Yes. There are eight places in Kanto called Gyms. Each gym is lead by a trainer who specializes in a certain type of Pokémon. Defeat the Gym leader, you get an official gym badge. Get eight badges, and you qualify to battle the Pokémon League. That's some of the best trainers anywhere."

This gives Diamond Tiara an idea. If she can battle in the Pokémon League, it'll show her mother what she's capable of.

"If this gym is the last gym of this challenge," Diamond thought, "then I'll need seven badges to take this gym on."

Suddenly, a worker at a Poké Mart calls to her. "Excuse me, miss!"

"Can I help you, sir?" Diamond replied.

The shop worker presents her with a package. "Do you know Professor Oak?"

"Yes, I do. In fact, I was given this little Eevee by the professor."

"This parcel came for him. Would you please give this to him?"

"I would be glad too."

Taking the package, Diamond and Eevee returned to Pallet Town and gave it to Professor Oak.

"Ah, thank you, my dear." Oak praised. "I've been waiting for this."

Diamond was very happy to do a good deed. Professor Oak soon gave her a bag of fruit. "There will be some Pokémon that might be difficult to catch. These Razz Berries will calm them down long enoght for you to catch them."

Grateful, Diamond puts the berries in her pack. As she was leaving the lab, she was confronted by Zephyr Breeze.

"Hey, Diamond." Zephyr greeted. "How about a Pokémon battle?"

After checking her Pokédex to see what moves Eevee can use, she made a decision. "Okay, Zephyr. You're on."

"All right!" Zephyr throws a Poké Ball. "Let's go, Pikachu!"

Out pops a yellow mouse type creature with a lightning shaped tail. Diamond was happy to see this critter as she pulls out her Pokédex. "Pikachu: most popular Pokémon ever."

Pikachu, the Mouse Pokémon. The Pokédex said. It releases some of it's electricity to keep from getting sick.

Diamond turned to her partner. "Well, Eevee. Let's do this!"

Eevee jumped off Diamond's backpack and prepared for battle.

"Eevee," Diamond said, "use Tackle."

Eevee rushed in and hit Pikachu hard. Zephyr was surprised. "Not bad. But, try this. Pikachu, use Thundershock!"

Pikachu unleashed some electricity. Diamond reacted quickly. "Quick, Eevee. Dodge that shock!"

Eevee avoided the electric shock. Then, it zipped super fast and struck Pikachu so hard, the Mouse Pokémon fainted.

"No way!" Zephyr said with shock in his voice. "Your Eevee just learned Quick Attack!"

This made Eevee very happy as she praised her friend. "Congratulations, Eevee. You did good in this battle."

Eevee hopped happily, knowing it did good. Zephyr soon recalled Pikachu. "Nice try, Pikachu. Just get some rest."

He then walked up to Diamond Tiara to give her some news. "That Eevee is one cool Pokémon, D T. He might help you take on the Gym Challenge."

"You think so?" Diamond wondered.

"Totally. But, you'll need to keep catching Pokémon, and train them hard to battle the Gym Leaders."

"And, take care of our Pokémon too. That's another way for them to be ready."

"You're right about that." Zephyr then prepares to leave. "See ya, D T. We'll meet again."

As Zephyr Breeze leaves the scene, Diamond Tiara is set to return to her own journey as she takes off her sneakers and puts them in her bag. "Okay, back to Viridian City!"

Diamond and Eevee left Pallet Town and return to their own journey. Later, Diamond finds herself in the Pokémon Center in Viridian City. Her Eevee and Pidgey needed healing after a couple of battles. Soon, the Pokémon Center's Nurse Joy presents a tray with Eevee and a Poké Ball on it.

"Eevee and Pidgey are well healed, miss Tiara." Nurse Joy said happily.

As Diamond was given her Pokémon, she had a thought. "Nurse Joy, I'm surprised you aren't upset with me not having my shoes on."

"Me and other Nurse Joys sometimes see barefoot trainers come in." Nurse Joy explained. "Including girls with tomboyish outfits like what you have on."

This made Diamond feel a little relieved. She realized it was getting late. So, Diamond and Eevee went to find a room in the Pokémon Center for the night. Meanwhile, back in Canterlot, Diamond's parents, Filthy Rich and Spoiled Rich discussed their daughter's adventure.

"I guess I was a little rough on her." Spoiled admitted. "I can't blame you for sending her to Kanto. But, why dress her as, what they call, a tomboy?"

"I figured she can use some clothing that is not elegant at all." Filthy answered. "Besides, her friendship with the Cutie Mark Crusaders helped her see things in a different light."

"I never thought of that. I guess I'm the stubborn one around here."

The couple had a good laugh. Later, in an office type room, Spoiled looks at a map of the Kanto region. She plans to keep track of her daughter's progress.

"Okay, Diamond Tiara, my dear daughter." Spoiled Rich said to herself. "Let's see how far you'll go as a Pokémon trainer."

End of Chapter 2

Author's Note:

And so, Diamond Tiara's adventure begins.

PreviousChapters Next