• Published 20th Feb 2024
  • 236 Views, 20 Comments

Diamond's Pokémon Adventure - Brian Sheil



To prove her mother that she is capable of doing right, Diamond Tiara starts a Pokémon journey.

  • ...
 20
 236

PreviousChapters Next
10. Two Routes Lead to Vermillion

Author's Note:

Our heroic trio make plans to reach Vermillion City for Diamond Tiara's third gym battle.

In the Pokémon Center in Cerulean City, Diamond Tiara and company check out the map to see how to reach their next destination.

"Let's see." Diamond said. "We'll have to make our way through Route 5 which has a Day Care Center. Then, through a tunnel that leads to Route 6."

"And, that'll lead us to Vermillion City?" Silver Spoon asked.

"You got it, Silver."

Babs Seed gave Diamond some useful information. "There's a gym in Vermillion City. It's leader is Lt. Surge, who specializes in electric Pokémon."

"Then, I better train my Pokémon for this battle." Diamond figured. She then straps on her backpack and grabs her duffle bag. "Let's go, gang!"

Everybody leaves the Pokémon Center, and head down Route 5. During the travels, they saw a red fox with six curled up tails. Diamond fell in love as she takes out her Pokédex. "It's a Vulpix."

Vulpix, the Fox Pokémon. The Pokédex said. Born with six tails. After evoling, they split to become more tails.

Taking out a Poké Ball, Diamond took careful aim, and threw it. The ball connected to Vulpix, and absorbed it. After a few shakes, the ball clicked.

"I have a Vulpix." Diamond cheered.

As Eevee bounced happily, Silver remembered something. "Diamond, you can only carry six Pokémon. What happens if you capture another one?"

"Any extra Pokémon I catch will no doubt be sent to Professor Oak." Diamond replied. "I did receive Eevee from him after all."

Babs then sees a marigold colored creature with red shoulders and chest. She was astounded. "Wowee! An Abra."

Diamond's Pokédex comes alive. Abra, the Psi Pokémon. Even when it's sleeping, which is most of the time, it can teleport to avoid danger.

Babs sneaked up to Abra, and quickly threw a Poké Ball to catch it. After the ball clicked, Babs was happy. "I got me an Abra."

Soon, they stopped in front of a small house.

"So, this is a Day Care Center, huh?" Silver said.

"Yep." Babs replied. "People often leave Pokémon here so the caretakers can look after them. Sometimes, the Pokémon would be compatible. When that happens, and egg appears."

"Hmm. Wouldn't be amazing to have a Pokémon egg?"

Diamond thought about it when a familiar voice called to them. "Yo, Diamond!"

The crew turned and saw Zephyr Breeze waving to them.

"Oh." Diamond gasped. "Hi, Zephyr."

"Zephyr Breeze?" Silver said. "Fluttershy's slacker brother?"

"Not really a slacker." Babs replied. "He's working hard to be a trainer since he got his Pikachu."

Diamond talked to Zephyr about her meeting with Bill. Zephyr was shocked. "You mean that freaky talking Nidorino was just an experiment gone wrong?"

"That's right." Diamond replied. "Thanks to me and my friends, Bill is separated from that Nidorino. And, we're even given tickets aboard the S. S. Anne."

"The S. S. Anne? That luxury ship at Vermillion City?"

"That's right. We were given four tickets." Diamond took one ticket out of her pocket. "I think you can use a ticket too."

Zephyr was impressed with Diamond's generosity. "Thanks, D T. Rarity would be proud of you for that deed. See you and your posse in Vermillion City!"

Zephyr happily walked down a tunnel. Diamond figured that it leads to Route 6. Babs, Silver, and Eevee caught up to her.

"That was nice of you to do that." Silver said.

"Thank you." Diamond replied. "I guess this journey is bringing out something within me I never thought of."

Babs got everyone's attention. "We better head out to the tunnel ourselves. That tunnel leads us to Vermillion City."

Everybody goes down the tunnel. As they explore the tunnel, Diamond remembers talking to her mother.

Flashback

At the Pokémon Center in Cerulean City, before she challenged the gym, Diamond talked to her mother on the Vidphone.

"Are you angry at me for standing up to you?" Diamond asked.

"I was annoyed." Spoiled Rich answered. "But, I realized that you've grown into a fine young lady. Ready to make her own decisions. I guess your father is right sending you off to Kanto. You're becoming quite the Pokémon trainer."

This made Diamond smile. Then, Spoiled asked for a favor. "Can you step back so I can see your full outfit?"

Diamond stepped back. When Spoiled looked at her farmer girl outfit, she was impressed. "Now, that's the cutest outfit you ever wore. All that ensemble is missing is a straw hat, and a countryside background."

This made the young lady feel much happier.

End of Flashback

Diamond feels very good knowing her mother approves the clothing she's been wearing. Even her decision to be like a barefoot tomboy. The trio of friends exited the tunnel, they see their decision.

"There it is, guys." Babs announced. "Vermillion City!"

"The docking space of the S. S. Anne." Silver added.

"And, the home of my 3rd gym battle." Diamond finished.

As they head for the city, Holly Prema watched behind a tree.

"I knew if I waited long enough," Holly said to herself, "I see Diamond Tiara and her rag tag crew." She then takes out a Poké Ball. "Let's see if I can teach her a lesson."

The girls were in the Pokémon Center. Their Pokémon were engaged in tough battles and are being healed. After the healing was over, they stepped out, and made their way to the dock. They see the luxury ship that was talked about.

"So, this is the S. S. Anne." Diamond said proudly. "This ship IS luxurious."

Just then, Holly Prema came by to encounter the trio of friends.

"Thinking of boarding that ship, Diamond Tiara?" Holly said cruelly. "They'll never let you and your crew aboard!" She then takes out a Poké Ball. "This is how people want to treat you. Come out, Vanillish. And, use Icy Wind!"

A Vanillish pops out a blew a breath of cold air to Diamond. She was shivering as Holly recalled Vanillish, and walks off. Babs and Silver were annoyed by this.

"Talk about being cold hearted." Silver said.

Diamond agreed as she tries to recover from the cold. "V-v-very c-cold indeed."

End of Chapter 10


DIAMOND TIARA
Eevee
Pidgeotto
Pikachu
Bulbasaur
Geodude
Vulpix

BABS SEED
Charmander
Spearow
Abra

SILVER SPOON
Squirtle
Venonat


PreviousChapters Next