• Published 20th Feb 2024
  • 237 Views, 20 Comments

Diamond's Pokémon Adventure - Brian Sheil



To prove her mother that she is capable of doing right, Diamond Tiara starts a Pokémon journey.

  • ...
 20
 237

PreviousChapters Next
19. Many Routes to the Next Gym

Author's Note:

This chapter starts a long trek to Diamond's fifth gym battle.

Inside the Pokémon Center at Lavender Town, Diamond comes along wearing her red T shirt and blue capris. Her partners and Eevee were ready for action.

"That look is very comfortable on you." Silver said.

"Thanks, Silver." Diamond replied as she turned to Babs. "Any new info?"

"The gates that lead to Saffron City are guarded." Babs said. "They say there's suspicious activities going on."

This made Diamond Tiara nervous. "I'll bet Team Rocket are at it again. So, what can we do now?"

"Well, the next place we CAN visit is Fuschia City. But, we have to go through many Routes to get there."

"And," Silver added, "I hear Route 12 is blocked by a Snorlax."

Strapping on her backpack and grabbing her duffle bag, Diamond is ready. "Come on, guys. Let's get moving."

Exiting the Pokémon Center, the girls made their way down route 12.

"I saw you exchanging Ivysaur for Diglett." Babs noticed. "What's your plan?"

"I heard that there's a gym in Fuschia City." Diamond answered. "And, the gym leader uses Poison Pokémon."

"You mean like Arbok and Weezing?" Silver asked

"That's right. Grass types like Ivysaur are vulnerable to poison attacks. But, ground types can be effective."

"I get it. If we engage into Pokémon battles, it can help level Diglett up."

"You guess it, Silver."

As the girls went down Route 12. They noticed a bunch of fishermen on the docks.

"I wish we had fishing poles." Diamond said. "I can use some water types."

Soon, a fisherman approached the girls and readied a Poké Ball."Which of you girls can handle this. Go, Gyarados!"

Out pops a blue serpent type beast. Diamond pulls out her Pokédex as Babs looks in horror. "It's a Gyarados, the Atrocious Pokémon!"

Gyarados, the Atrocious Pokémon. Said the Pokédex This Pokémon has been the subject of many lore about storms as sea.

Diamond stepped up, and made her choice. "You're up, Snowflake."

The fisherman looked at what came out. And, is surprised. "An Alolan Ninetales?"

"That's right." Diamond replied.

"Doesn't matter babe. Gyarados, use Hydro Pump!"

Gyarados blew a giant stream of water. Diamond quickly reacted. "Dodge it. Then, use Aurora Beam!"

After barely avoiding the water attack, Snowflake fired a rainbow colored beam at Gyarados. The sea serpent was weakened which shocked the fisherman. "How is that possible?!"

"Gyarados maybe a water type." Diamond explained. "But, it's also a flying type. And, flying types are vulnerable to ice attacks."

This made the fisherman nervous as Diamond followed up her first move. "Let's wrap this up, Snowflake. Ice Beam!"

The Alolan Ninetales fired a ray of ice. Gyarados soon fell hard. The fisherman recalled his Gyarados and slowly walked away. Vulnerable to ice attacks. I never thought of that.

As the girls walk their apway through the docks, Silver just remembered something. "Diamond, back in Celadon City, me and Babs left the Rocket Game Corner. But, you came back minutes later. What were you up to?"

"Since you asked," Diamond answered, "me and Eevee were shown a fascinating machine which helped Eevee learn a new move: Sky Dash."

"Sky Dash? What move is that?"

"It lets us visit towns and cities we already visited. Pallet, Viridian, Pewter, Cerulean, and so on."

"That's so cool." Babs cheered.

Just then, Holly Prema popped in.

"Still going?" Holly asked cruelly. "Time for me to try a new strategy. Come out, Noctowl. Use Hypnosis!"

A Noctowl flew out, and fixed a gaze at Diamond. Soon, Holly shouted out a dark phrase. "NIGHTMARE MEMORY RECALL!"

Suddenly, Diamond had some flashbacks. One was when she was still a spoiled brat. And, she was in the principal's office for pushing other kids in the lunch room. Another was her mother grabbing her from Sweet Apple Acres, angrily telling her not to associate with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Another was when Prince Blueblood lectured Diamond about how she should act towards low class people. And, Spoiled Rich agrees. That made her upset.

When the painful memories ended, Diamond found herself overwhelmed with shock and despair. "NOOOOOOOO!"

She dropped to her knees and started to cry hysterically. Holly was pleased and recalled Noctowl.

"Now, you get the picture." Holly said cruelly. "Give up this nonsense, turn all of your Pokémon loose and go home!"

With that, Holly leaves. Babs and Silver tried to comfort their fallen friend.

"What a witch!" Babs growled.

"I know." Silver replied. "Poor Diamond."

The former prissy girl is still crying. It's like Noctowl and Holly affected her good.

"How can I live with myself now?" Diamond sobbed. "I'll bet everybody back home is angry with me. Especially my parents."

Babs soon saw something that can be helpful. "Hey. There's a cabin."

Everybody saw that there's a cabin at the end of the dock area. As they approached it, out steps Braeburn, Cousin of the Apple siblings.

"Well, now." Braeburn said. "Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and Babs Seed. What brings y'all here?"

"Hey, Braeburn." Babs said with relief. "Diamond here was hurt badly by a prissy upstart. Not physically. But mentally."

Braeburn looked at Diamond and got scared. "The poor girl. Bring her in, girls."

Soon, Babs and Silver helped Diamond into the cabin with Eevee right behind them. Inside, Diamond was sitting on the floor, shaking and crying. Braeburn came to her with a small piece of rope in his hand.

"What's the rope for?" Diamond asked while standing up.

"Sorry, little lady." Braeburn replied. "But, this is fer ya own good."

He then wrapped the rope around her body. He then took a piece of rope out of his pocket and tied her hands behind her back.

"What did I do to deserve this?" Diamond asked as she panics.

"You didn't do nuthin'." Braeburn answered. "I just don't want ya to hurt yourself."

Realizing Braeburn has a point, Diamond sat on the floor, allowing Braeburn to tie her ankles together. He then leaves the room. "Them bonds will be removed once you simmered down."

He closes the door, leaving Diamond bound and saddened. Babs and Silver then explained the situation to Braeburn.

"This sounds serious." Braeburn said. "I can't believe that some prissy girl wants to hurt Diamond Tiara."

"Neither can we." Babs replied. "What'll we do?"

"I may know somebody who can help her. I'll give them a call."

Who is Braeburn calling? And, will these people help Diamond Tiara get over her nightmares?

The answers lie ahead in our next episode.

End of Chapter 19


DIAMOND TIARA
Eevee
Pidgeotto
Drowzee
Ninetales
Alolan Ninetales
Diglett

At the Sanctuary
Pikachu
Ivysaur
Geodude

BABS SEED
Charmeleon
Fearow
Kadabra

SILVER SPOON
Wartortle
Venomoth
Rhyhorn


PreviousChapters Next