• Published 20th Feb 2024
  • 236 Views, 20 Comments

Diamond's Pokémon Adventure - Brian Sheil



To prove her mother that she is capable of doing right, Diamond Tiara starts a Pokémon journey.

  • ...
 20
 236

PreviousChapters Next
3. A Diamond in the Forest

In the area known as Viridian City, Diamond Tiara looks over her map while her Eevee enjoys some Pokémon food. After learning that this city's gym requires seven gym badges to qualify, she studies the map to determine her next course of action.

"The nearest Pokémon Gym is at Pewter City." Diamond figured. "To get there, we need to get through Viridian Forest. Like most forests I explored with the Apple Family, this no doubt will have much insects."

After putting her map away and strapping on her backpack, Diamond prepares to head out. "Come on, Eevee. Next stop, Pewter City and Gym Battle number one."

Eevee hops on top of Diamond's backpack. Soon, the two travelers head out of the city, and into the forest. As they travel through the thick woods, Diamond decides to study the insects using her Pokédex.

First, she learns of a small green creature with a pink attena. Caterpie, the Worm Pokémon. When in danger, it shoots out a stink from the feeler on its head. Then, she learns of a small yellow bug with a red nose and pointy head. Weedle, the Hairy Bug Pokémon. It's bright colors are actually a warning. It can poison opponents using the stinger on its head.

"I wonder if Sweetie Belle is weary around bugs like her sister, Rarity." Diamond wondered.

Suddenly, she sees a Pikachu. And, she became happy. Getting out a Poké Ball, she is preparing to catch a Pikachu of her own. "Poké Ball, GO!"

The ball connected to Pikachu, and absorbed it. After a few shakes, the Poké Ball clicked. Diamond picked up the Poké Ball, and is pleased with her catch. "Excellent. Now, I have a Pikachu of my very own."

Suddenly, Eevee sees something in a bush. It looks like a plant bulb. Diamond was curious as well. Soon, out came a green creature with a bulb on it's back.

"Oh my gosh!" Diamond squealed. "A BULBASAUR!"

Pulling out her Pokédex, Diamond learned of this Pokémon. Bulbasaur, the Seed Pokémon. The bulb on it's back helps store energy from the sun. This keeps Bulbasaur healthy.

Diamond took out a Poké Ball, waited for the right moment, and tossed it. The ball connected with Bulbasaur, and absorbed it. But, the ball opened and Bulbasaur escaped.

"Darn. He got out!" Diamond said sadly. But, she then remembered the Razz Berries she got from Professor Oak. "Maye one of these will help me."

Diamond took out a Razz Berry, and tossed it to Bulbasaur. As it was happily eating the berry, Diamond quickly threw a Poké Ball to catch it. This time, it was a successful catch. Diamond picked up the ball and was pleasantly surprised. "Yahoo! I caught a Bulbasaur!"

Just as Diamond and Eevee were celebrating this occasion, a prissy looking girl with blond hair in pigtails and wearing a blue school uniform showed up.

"Well, well." The girl said cruelly. "Diamond Tiara. I know that hair of yours anywhere."

"Holly Prema." Diamond gasped. "What are you doing here in Kanto?"

"I heard you came here to be a Pokémon trainer."

"That's right. Me and my partner, Eevee, already caught three Pokémon. Now, we're on our way to Pewter City to challenge the Gym Leader to a battle."

Holly soon walked up to Diamond Tiara. Then, WHACK! She slapped her in the face.

"Hey!" Diamond said in shock. "What was that for?"

"You are a traitor to your lifestyle!" Holly said angrily. "You're supposed to be snobbish, always insult those who are not wealthy, and you should dress like a princess. Not walk like a tomboy."

"My father suggested that I come here to prove to my mother that I can do well on my own. And, this outfit you see is my father's idea."

"Oh yeah?" Holly then grabbed Diamond by her tee shirt. "This won't last, you disobedient brat!"

Holly then threw her to a tree. As Diamond slid down to the ground, Holly approached her with her face turning red.

"You won't last long as a trainer." Holly said with force. "Your mother will have you return home. Then, you'll be properly punished!"

Holly gave Diamond a kick to her side, then left. This left Diamond rattled. Later that night, a tent was set up for the night. Diamond sat beside a tree looking at the clear night sky.

"Boy. That Holly Prema can be cruel." Diamond thought. "I remember when I was celebrating my birthday two months ago. The Cutie Mark Crusaders attended as well."

Flashback

Diamond was having a birthday party in her backyard. She had Silver Spoon join the fun. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were also invited. Everybody was having fun. Just then, Holly barged in with other girls in school uniforms. "Okay, you hoodlums! Everybody out!"

The school girls rushed in and threw the Cutie Mark Crusaders out of the backyard. Then, they took down the party decorations, and brought the birthday cake back inside the house. Diamond and Silver saw Holly talk to Filthy and Spoiled Rich. She told them to discipline their daughter and take back her gifts. This left Diamond very scared.

End of Flashback

"I'm glad Dad and Mom didn't take her seriously." Diamond said while she was petting Eevee. "I kept my presents. And, they let me go with Apple Bloom." Then, a thought came to her head. "I wonder if Mom sent Holly to ruin my journey."

Diamond decided to put those thoughts aside as she enjoys the night. The next morning, Diamond packed her tent and sleeping bag, and continues her travels. After twenty minutes of traveling, she exits the forest.

"Battling those trainers in the forest wasn't easy, Eevee." Diamond said. "But, it was worth it. You even developed a move that can help me in my upcoming Gym Battle."

Soon, she sees a town in sight. She soon got excited. "All right! It's Pewter City! Now, to heal you and my other Pokémon, Eevee. Then, we prepare for our first gym battle."

And so, Diamond Tiara and Eevee made their way to Pewter City. As the two friends head for their goal, Holly Prema watched with disgust.

I thought that dull Diamond would head back home. Holly thought. I need to think of better ways to mess with her mind.

End of Chapter 3


DIAMOND TIARA
Eevee
Pidgey
Pikachu
Bulbasaur


Author's Note:

As you saw, now Diamond has an enemy who is determined to humiliate her. No doubt to stop her from continuing her journey. Only time will tell.

PreviousChapters Next