• Published 20th Feb 2024
  • 237 Views, 20 Comments

Diamond's Pokémon Adventure - Brian Sheil



To prove her mother that she is capable of doing right, Diamond Tiara starts a Pokémon journey.

  • ...
 20
 237

PreviousChapters Next
11. All Aboard the S. S. Anne

Author's Note:

It is time to set sail aboard the S. S. Anne.

Inside the Pokémon Center in Vermillion City, Diamond Tiara wraps herself in a blanket, recovering from that icy attack Holly Prema unleashed on her using her Vanillish. Nurse Joy brings her a hot chocolate to warm up.

"How are you feeling?" Nurse Joy asked.

"I'm starting to feel better." Diamond replied. "The chills are starting to go away."

Diamond starts to sip her hot chocolate as Eevee gets comfortable on her lap. She looks down and pets her little Pokémon friend. Babs Seed and Silver Spoon comes along to join her.

"We just got word that the Captain of that ship isn't feeling so good." Silver said.

"That's a shame." Diamond replied. "I wonder if we can help him out once we get on that ship."

"Speaking of making one feel better," Babs said, "how are YOU doing?"

"The chill is almost gone. Once I'm done with my hot chocolate, it's all aboard for us."

Nurse Joy walks in with some clothes in her hands. "I have a very appropriate outfit for your travels on the S. S. Anne. I've been wanting to get rid of this for a while."

The next day, the three girls walk up to the ship. Diamond wore a navy blue sailor outfit with white platform shoes.

"That's the cutest outfit I've seen you in, Diamond." Silver complimented.

"You should see me in the farmer clothing the Apple Family gave me." Diamond replied.

The girls walked up to the gangplank, showed a sailor their tickets, and went aboard. They were amazed with the size of this vessel.

"Not going barefoot this time, Diamond?" Babs noticed.

"There's a time and place for everything." Diamond explained. "When it comes to my barefoot tomboy attitude I developed, this is NOT the right time."

"I get it. You got to show that you still have class."

"That's right, Babs. Let's start exploring."

As the trio explore the ship, they often get challenged by passengers. Silver Spoon gets challenged by a gentleman with a horse with a firey mane and tall.

Ponyta, the Fire Horse Pokémon. Diamond's Pokédex informed. It's firey mane won't burn those who it trusts.

Silver calls for her Squirtle. The gentleman was not amused. "That Squirtle is too small. Ponyta, Ember!"

Ponyta breaths out fire. Silver reacts. "Squirtle, use Withdraw!"

Squirtle ducks in its shell just as the fire hits it. Silver follows it up. "Now, use Water Gun!"

Popping back out, Squirtle blows water at Ponyta. The gentleman was shocked. "My goodness. I'll never misjudge the size of a Pokémon again."

In another cabin, Diamond was challenged by a sailor with a Slowpoke. Diamond calls for Bulbasaur. The sailor laughs, thinking it's an easy win. "Slowpoke, Confusion."

Slowpoke's eyes started glowing. Diamond quickly reacted. "Bulbasaur, use Leech Seed!"

Bulbasaur launched seeds onto Slowpoke. As it's energy is drained, Diamond struck hard. "Okay, Bulbasaur, Vine Whip!"

The Seed Pokémon struck hard onto Slowpoke. The sailor apologized for mocking Bulbasaur. Suddenly, Bulbasaur started to glow.

"Looks like Bulbasaur is evolving." Silver noticed.

When the glowing stopped, Bulbasaur grew with it's bulb opening to reveal a red bulb.

"My Bulbasaur evolved into an Ivysaur!" Diamond cheered as she checks her Pokédex.

Ivysaur, the Seed Pokémon and the evolved form of Bulbasaur. The Pokédex said. The red bulb on it's back gives off a pleasant scent.

The girls continued to explore the ship, battling passengers and strengthening their Pokémon. Soon, they ran into Zephyr Breeze.

"Ahoy, girls." Zephyr greeted.

"Hi, Zephyr." Diamond replied. "Enjoying the ship?"

"You bet. I heard talk that the captain isn't feeling so good. Maybe you guys can help out." He then takes out a Poké Ball. "First, let's see how you improved, Diamond. Go, Pidgeotto!"

A Pidgeotto popped out. Babs looked at it with interest. "So, his Pidgey evolved."

"Let's go, Pikachu!" Diamond called out.

Pikachu came ready for battle. Zephyr made the first move. "Pidgeotto, Wing Attack!"

Pidgeotto zipped down with it's wings glowing. Diamond reacted fast, "Dodge, then use Thundershock."

After avoiding the attack, Pikachu fired a lightning blast to Pidgeotto. Everybody noticed that this electric blast is stronger than usual.

"Thundershock nothing." Zephyr said as he recalls his defeated Pokémon. "I think Pikachu learned Thunderbolt."

Everybody cheered. Zephyr made his next choice. "But, that still won't work well against this. Go, Oddish."

Oddish pops out to fight. Diamond recalls Pikachu. Then, calls her next Pokémon.

"The moment it shows up," Zephyr said, "use Poison Powder!"

Oddish unleashed a purple cloud on the Pokémon. Zephyr got shocked when it turned out to be a Pidgeotto. Diamond noticed that Pidgeotto was poisoned. And, she has to finish this quick. "Pidgeotto, use Wing Attack!"

Pidgeotto dive bombed Oddish. After it was hit, Zephyr recalled Oddish and called for his last Pokémon. "Go, Pikachu!"

Pikachu came out, sparking with energy. Diamond recalled Pidgeotto,and sent in her last Pokémon. "Let's go, Eevee!"

Eevee ran from the other girls and is set to face Pikachu.

"Pikachu," Zephyr called out, "use Thunder Wave!"

Pikachu fired some electricity, hoping to paralyze Eevee. Diamond reacted quickly. "Dodge it, then use Quick Attack!"

Eevee avoided the sparks of electricity, and struck Pikachu quick and hard.

"Follow it up with Double Kick!" Diamond called out.

Eevee kicked Pikachu with added strength. After Pikachu fainted, Zephyr recalled his partner. "Man, Diamond. You improved."

"You BOTH did good. "A male voice said.

Everybody turned and saw Gary Oak. Seems that he watching the battle.

"Gary!" Diamond gasped. "You were watching?"

"I did." Gary replied. "You two gave it you all. Including you, Zephyr Breeze. Keep up your training."

"Hey. Thanks, Gary." Zephyr cheered. "It's not everyday that anybody gets praised by the grandson of Professor Oak."

"Well, I got to go. Later, friends."

As Gary leaves, Zephyr turns to Diamond and company. "I better get going myself. Later, DT."

Zephyr heads out. Silver looks inside one of the doors. "Hey, guys. I think these are the Captain's quarters."

The group walked in, and saw that the captain was indeed sick. Diamond approached him and rubbed his back to comfort him. Soon, the captain recovered.

"Thanks, my friend." The captain said. "Now, I'm no longer seasick."

"I'm glad to help." Diamond happily replied.

The captain looked at Eevee with interest. "This Eevee has potential. I can teach it a special technique."

The girls were a little confused. Soon, the captain showed the girls a vine patch. "Watch carefully, everyone. This is a technique called 'Chop Down'."

The captain chopped down the patch. Eevee watched carefully. Soon, Eevee walked up to another patch of vines, and quickly chopped it down. Everybody was impressed with it."

"That's great, Eevee." Diamond said while cuddling her friend. "You learned 'Chop Down'."

Everybody clapped for Eevee. The captain made an announcement. "Now that I feel much better, the S. S. Anne shall set sail."

That's a cute for Diamond and her friends to leave. Later, the girls and Eevee watched the luxury ship sail off. Suddenly, a female voice calls to them. "Diamond Tiara. Hello, there."

Everybody turned and saw that the voice belonged to Diamond's mother, Spoiled Rich. Diamond Tiara got nervous. What is Spoiled doing here? Has the brutal Holly Prema influenced her to be mean to her daughter again. Or, is she here for another reason?

We'll find out in our next episode.

End of Chapter 11


DIAMOND TIARA
Eevee
Pidgeotto
Pikachu
Ivysaur
Geodude
Vulpix

BABS SEED
Charmander
Spearow
Abra

SILVER SPOON
Squirtle
Venonat


PreviousChapters Next