• Published 20th Feb 2024
  • 236 Views, 20 Comments

Diamond's Pokémon Adventure - Brian Sheil



To prove her mother that she is capable of doing right, Diamond Tiara starts a Pokémon journey.

  • ...
 20
 236

PreviousChapters Next
12. The Elegant Tomboy vs. The Lightning American

Author's Note:

And now, Diamond's third gym battle. This time, against a tough soldier.

After the girls watched the S. S, Anne sail away from Vermillion City, they were surprised to see Diamond Tiara's mother, Spoiled Rich, greeting them.

"What are you doing here, mother?" Diamond asked nervously, "Have you come to take me back home?"

"Don't panic, my dear." Spoiled answered. "Me and your father needed some time off from our usual activities. So, we decided to come to Kanto for a rest. I learned that you're here in Vermillion City. So, we figured to visit you to see how you fare as a trainer."

This made Diamond breathe a sigh of relief. She's very happy that her parents are here to support her. Later, at the Pokémon Center, Diamond laid down on her bed wearing a blue long sleeve nightgown. She felt happy knowing her friends AND family are here to watch her gym battle.

The next day, Diamond walks up to the Vermillion City wearing the outfit her father gave her. Her parents came along to watch her fight.

"I do like that outfit you chose for her, Filthy." Spoiled Rich said to her husband.

"I'm glad you appreciate my selection." Filthy replied. "I'm surprised she decided to go barefoot here."

"Well, Diamond has seen pictures of barefoot tomboys online. I guess she wanted to go with THAT crowd for this journey."

Everybody entered the Vermillion City gym. Soldiers looked at the group when they heard a rough make voice shout. "Atten-HUT!"

The soldiers stood tall as a tall man with short blond hair and wearing a military uniform stepped forward.

"Lieutenant Surge, I presume." Filthy Rich said.

"That's correct, sir." Lt. Surge answered. "They call me the Lightning American! I braved many a battle. I strike hard like a thunderstorm. And, I leave my opponent shocked to their very core!" He then looked at the girls as Eevee shook under Diamond. "Now, which of you dames come to challenge me to a three on three battle?"

Diamond stepped forward. "I'm you opponent, Lt. Surge, sir!"

Lt. Surge is impressed with Diamond's attitude. Especially, after she gave him a salute. "You got guts, miss. I like that! Prepare for battle!"

Minutes later, Mr. and Mrs. Rich and the girls watch from the bleachers.

"I'll bet Diamond is happy she found a laundromat here in town." Silver said. "Guess she doesn't want to have those clothes stink up the place."

On the battle field, Lt. Surge addressed his opponent. "Are you ready, Diamond Tiara?"

"Ready when you are, sir." Diamond replied proudly.

"Very well, soldier. Here's your first opponent. Voltorb, attention!"

Out popped what looks like a Poké Ball with eyes on it. Spoiled Rich recognized the object. "That's a Voltorb, the Ball Pokémon."

Diamond Tiara studies this Pokémon. Voltorb, the Ball Pokémon. Often shocks people who mistakes it for a Poké Ball."

Diamond chooses her first Pokémon. "Let's go, Ivysaur!"

Ivysaur comes out. Standing by her side, Eevee watches with interest.

"Let's do this, Voltorb." Surge called out. "Use Sonic Boom!"

Voltorb unleashed sound waves at Ivysaur. The attack wasn't that effective. Diamond makes her move. "Ivysaur, use Leech Seed!"

Ivysaur fired a seed at Voltorb. The vines tangled Voltorb and drained it's energy. After being recharged, Ivysaur suddenly unleashed a bunch of leaves at it's opponent.

"Wow!" Babs gasped. "That's Razor Leaf!"

The impact of Razor Leaf caused Voltorb to faint.

"Voltorb is unable to battle." A soldier acting as referee announced. "Ivysaur wins!"

"Yes!" Diamond cheered. "Good work, Ivysaur!"

"Voltorb, return." Surge said as he recalls his Pokémon. He chooses his next one. "Grass moves won't work on your second opponent. Magnemite, attention!"

Out pops a silver orb with magnets on each side. Diamond pulls out her Pokédex. Magnemite, the Magnet Pokémon. They float using electromagnetic waves.

Thinking of what Surge said, Diamond made a decision. "Ivysaur, return." Diamond chooses her next opponent. "Let's go, Vulpix!"

When Vulpix comes out, the soldiers started to laugh. They soon made fun of Diamond's decision.

"That's enough!" Surge commanded. He then turns to his opponent. "I apologize. My soldiers think that pretty looking Pokémon are not fighters."

"I'll prove everyone wrong." Diamond replied. "Vulpix, Ember."

Vulpix fired a burst of flame. Surge reacted. "Dodge it. Then, use Thundershock."

After avoided the flame, Magnemite fired a small shock at Vulpix. After seeing that her fox Pokémon is okay, Diamond makes her move. "Vulpix, use Confuse Ray."

Vulpix's eyes glowed, and Magnemite suddenly goes loopy. Surge got worried as Diamond strikes. "Vulpix, use Ember. Rapid shots!"

Vulpix fired a barrage if Embers at Magnemite. With fire based moves super effective against steel types, Magnemite soon fainted.

"Magnemite is unable to battle." The soldier announced. "Vulpix wins!"

Diamond's family and friends cheered as Lt. Surge recalled Magnemite.

"I salute your knowledge, Miss Tiara." Surge said. "Knowing Magnemite is also a steel type, it would be vulnerable to fire attacks."

"Thank you, sir." Diamond replied.

"Here is your final opponent. Stop this if you can. Raichu, attention!"

Coming out is a large orange rodent with curly tpears and a long tail with a bolt on the end.

"That's a Raichu!" Babs gasped. "Pikachu's evolved form."

Diamond's Pokédex comes alive with information. Raichu, the Mouse Pokémon and the evolved form of Pikachu. When charged up, it can attack anything. Including it's trainer.

"Can you still battle, Vulpix?" Diamond asked.

Vulpix mods. Surge quickly makes his move. "Raichu, don't give Vulpix a chance. Use Thunderbolt!"

Raichu unleashed an electrical attack so strong, Vulpix got knocked out.

"That's more like it!" One of the soldiers shouted from the stands.

"Vulpix is unable to battle." The ref announced. "Raichu wins!"

The soldiers cheered as Diamond recalls her Vulpix. The young maiden makes her next move. "Back to action, Ivysaur."

Ivysaur returns. But, Surge makes another quick move. "No you don't, Ivysaur. Raichu, Quick Attack!"

Raichu zipped like a bullet. Diamond thought quickly. "Dodge, then use Leech Seed!"

After barely dodging the Quick Attack, Ivysaur fired a Leech Seed at Raichu. Even though it connected, Raichu is still fighting.

"Ivysaur," Diamond called out, "Vine Whip!"

As the vines extended, Surge made a move. "Raichu, use Thunderbolt on those vines!"

Raichu fired a bolt at the vines, causing the electricity to travel to Ivysaur. The Seed Pokémon soon fainted.

"Ivysaur is unable to battle." The ref announced. "Raichu wins!"

The soldiers cheered for their leader. Soon, every soldier sounds like they're mocking Diamond. Her family and friends are getting annoyed.

"Silence!" Surge yelled. "Do not mock my opponent! Besides, I think she has one Pokémon left to battle with."

"Probably that weak looking Eevee!" One of the soldiers shouted meanly.

Diamond took out a Poké Ball, and she sees her Eevee being upset as the soldier continues to laugh at it.

"Nobody causes trouble for any of my friends." Diamond said. "Let's go, Geodude!"

Geodude comes out. Diamond makes her first move. "Geodude, use Mud Sport."

The Rock Pokémon splattered mud all over Raichu, weakening it's electric moves.

"Not a bad maneuver." Surge said. "But, here's my answer to rock types. Raichu, Double Kick!"

Raichu rushed in to kick Geodude. But, Diamond reacted fast. "Quick, Geodude. Rock Throw!"

Geodude made a rock appear and bashed Raichu when it got close. Because it became exhausted from fighting Ivysaur and Vulpix, Raichu soon fainted.

"Raichu is unable to battle." The ref announced. "Geodude wins. The winner of this gym battle is Diamond Tiara!"

Diamond's family and friends cheered for her victory. Lt. Surge recalled Raichu, and approached his opponent.

"Impressive battle we had, Miss Tiara." Surge complimented. "I do apologize for my soldiers' actions. They seem to get a kick from criticizing Pokémon who they think are weak."

The soldiers bowed to Diamond in respect for her victory. Surge then held up a red octagon with yellow points on the eight sides. "To prove you defeated me in a fair battle, I give to you the Thunder Badge."

After receiving her badge, Diamond felt very proud. "Thank you, Lt. Surge, sir."

Everybody applauded Diamond's respect for the gym leader. Meanwhile, one of the soldiers snuck away, and met up with the vicious Holly Prema.

"I thought you can get the other soldiers to have Diamond Tiara lose faith in herself!" Holly huffed.

"I tried, ma'am." The soldier replied nervously. "But, nobody can ignore the words of our lieutenant."

This got Holly a little worried. "Oh boy. How will MY leader react to this?"

End of Chapter 12


DIAMOND TIARA
Eevee
Pidgeotto
Pikachu
Ivysaur
Geodude
Vulpix

BABS SEED
Charmander
Spearow
Abra

SILVER SPOON
Squirtle
Venonat


PreviousChapters Next