• Published 20th Feb 2024
  • 238 Views, 20 Comments

Diamond's Pokémon Adventure - Brian Sheil



To prove her mother that she is capable of doing right, Diamond Tiara starts a Pokémon journey.

  • ...
 20
 238

PreviousChapters Next
23. The Cure for a Poisonous Battle

Author's Note:

Here it is, folks. Diamond Tiara's 5th gym battle.

The next morning, Diamond Tiara looks at herself in a mirror. She has on a sleeveless black shirt and black Capri style exercise pants.

"Now, this is an outfit suited to battle a martial artist." Diamond said as she ties on a wide dark blue headband. "This headband is a nice touch."

She exits the room to be greeted by Silver Spoon, Babs Seed, and Eevee.

"Now, that's what I call combat ready." Babs complimented.

"Thank you." Diamond replied. "Let's head for the Fuschia gym and my fifth gym battle."

The girls and Eevee head for what looks like a Japanese dojo. As they enter, Babs and Silver remove their shoes, showing proper respect. Diamond is already barefoot. They soon see a bunch of martial arts students standing as a man with spikey black hair and wearing a dark purple ninja outfit approached them.

"Welcome to the Fuschia City gym." The man greeted. "I am Gym Leader Koga."

"So, that's the gym leader." Silver said. "He looks like a fierce fighter."

"Yeah." Babs replied quietly. "As fierce as Lt. Surge."

Koga looks at Diamond with interest. "I see you were given the outfit Hakanuta gave you, Miss Tiara. I am looking forward to see what kind of trainer you are."

"I will not disappoint." Diamond replied.

The battle arena is set as Diamond and Koga face each other. Eevee sits on Silver's lap to watch the battle.

"This will be a four on four battle." Koga announced. "And, Hakanuta will be the referee."

"Fine with me, Master Koga." Diamond said. "I'll start with Hypno."

"And, I shall begin with Weezing."

Both Pokémon come out. Koga makes the first move. "Weezing, use Sludge Bomb!"

Weezing spits out blobs of poison. Diamond quickly reacted. "Hypno, use Psybeam on those blobs!"

Hypno blasted the blobs away. This surprised Koga as Diamond strikes back. "Now, use Hypnosis."

Hypno waves his pendulum to put Weezing under it's power. Even though hypnotized, Weezing is still fighting.

"Snap out it, Weezing." Koga called out. "Then, use Flamethrower!"

Weezing spewed out flames. Diamond acted fast. "Dodge it. Then, use Psychic!"

Avoiding the flames, Hypno fires a blast of psychic energy. The blast was dead on as Weezing fainted.

"Weezing is unable to battle." Hakanuta announced. "Hypno wins."

"Weezing, return." Koga said as he recalls his Pokémon. He looks at his opponent as me makes his next choice. "Let's see if your psychic Pokémon stop this. Go, Muk!"

Out pops a giant blob of sludge. Diamond learned of this Pokémon. Muk, the Sludge Pokémon. This Pokémon gives off nasty stenches.

Diamond looks at this new opponent, then makes her move. "Hypno, use Psybeam!"

Hypno fires a psychic beam which did not faze Koga. "This will finish this Hypno off. Muk, Body Slam!"

Muk leaps up and lands on Hypno, smothering it with his nasty poison. Muk gets off Hypno, who has fainted.

"Hypno is unable to battle." Hakanuta announced. "Muk wins."

Silver was shocked. "That Muk is one vicious critter."

"Never underestimate the power of poison Pokémon." One of the students replied.

Diamond recalls Hypno. Then, quickly makes a decision. "Let's go, Dugtrio!"

Dugtrio comes out, ready for action. Koga looks at the Mole Pokémon. "Another easy win. Muk, Body Slam!"

Muk leaps up again. Diamond was ready for this. "Dugtrio, use Dig!"

Dugtrio burrows underground as Muk landed. The Sludge Pokémon suddenly got hit from below as Dugtrio comes back up. Diamond follows the move up. "Okay, Dugtrio. Tri Attack!"

Dugtrio fired a triangle powered by Electric power, fire, and ice. Muk was hit hard. Soon, between Dig and Tri Attack, Muk fainted.

"Muk is unable to battle." Hakanuta announced. "Dugtrio wins."

"Good work, Dugtrio." Diamond cheered as she bowed to her Pokémon.

After recalling Muk, Koga turns to Diamond. "Excellent work, Miss Tiara. Your battle skills are exceptional." He then makes his next choice. "However, ground attacks won't work against this one. Go, Golbat!"

Diamond saw Golbat come out, and realized that Koga is right. She recalled Dugtrio, and called for her next Pokémon. "Let's go, Snowflake!"

Everybody was in shocked when the Alolan Ninetales came out. Hakanuta made a decision. "It maybe an Alolan Pokémon. But, it's still a Ninetales. So, battle resume."

"Golbat," Koga commanded. "Use Poison Fang!"

Golbat zipped down with it's fangs glowing purple. Diamond soon struck. "Snowflake, use Aurora Beam!'

The Alolan Ninetales fired a rainbow colored beam at Golbat. Koga and his students were surprised to see Golbat struck hard. Diamond followed it up. "Snowflake, let's wrap it up with Ice Beam!"

Alolan Ninetales fired a super cold beam at Golbat. Soon, the Bat Pokémon fainted.

"Golbat is unable to battle." Hakanuta announced. "The Alolan Ninetales wins."

"Golbat, return." Koga said. He then turned to Diamond. "Impressive strategy. Since my Golbat is also a flying type, ice attacks are very effective."

"Correct, Master Koga." Diamond replied.

"Here comes my fourth and final Pokémon: Venomoth!"

Diamond sees Venomoth come out, and looks ready. But, before she can give a command, Koga strikes first. "Venomoth, Poison Fang!"

Quickly, Venomoth zips down and bites Snowflake. Soon, the poison kicks in. Diamond hopes to end this fast. "Snowflake, use Ice Beam."

The Alolan Ninetales readies an Ice Beam. But, Koga was too quick for her. "Venomoth, PSYBEAM!"

Venomoth quickly fires a beam of psychic energy and struck on the Alolan Ninetales, causing it to faint.

"The Alolan Ninetales is unable to battle." Hakanuta announced. "Venomoth wins."

"Snowflake, return." Diamond said sadly.

The former prissy girl though about her decision. She could send out Dugtrio. But, ground moves don't work on flying types. Then, she sends in her next Pokémon. "Let's go, Ninetales!"

Ninetales comes out. After the referee okayed the choice, the battle continues.

"This Ninetales will fall as fast the other one." Koga proclaimed. "Venomoth, Poison Fang!"

Just as Venomoth is about to strike, Diamond makes her move. "Ninetales, use Confuse Ray."

The eyes of Ninetales glowed. And, so did Venomoth's. The Poison Moth Pokémon started to act all loopy. Diamond took advantage of this. "Let's do this, Ninetales. Use Flamethrower!"

Ninetales blew fire on the confused Venomoth. Soon, the Poison Moth Pokémon fainted.

"Venomoth is unable to battle." Hakanuta announced. "Ninetales wins. The winner of this gym battle is Diamond Tiara!"

"Yay!" Diamond cheered as she hugs Ninetales.

Koga recalls Venomoth and walks up to his opponent.

"That was an excellent battle, Miss Tiara." Koga said proudly. "Both versions of Ninetales are very powerful." He then takes out a badge in the form of a pink heart. "This Soul Badge belongs to you."

Diamond accepts the badge. Everybody clapped as both competitors bowed to each other to show respect. Soon, Diamond and her friends continue their travels.

End of Chapter 23


DIAMOND TIARA
Eevee
Pidgeotto
Hypno
Ninetales
Alolan Ninetales
Dugtrio

At Oak's Lab
Pikachu
Ivysaur
Geodude
Snorlax

BABS SEED
Charmeleon
Fearow
Kadabra

SILVER SPOON
Wartortle
Venomoth
Rhyhorn


PreviousChapters Next