• Published 4th Jul 2023
  • 167 Views, 0 Comments

The Big Bake-Off at Sugarcube Corner: Monkey vs. Party Pony - ShopperBrony90



Pinkie Pie gives Minka Mark a lesson on being an artist.

  • ...
 0
 167

The side-story

Minka Mark was spending time with Pinkie Pie in Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie Pie’s bakery/home.

“So, Minka. I heard that you’re quite an abstract artist,” Pinkie Pie said, impressed by the portrait Minka made with her paint.

Minka replies, feeling proud of herself “Well, thanks. I also know that you’re also a baker, just like my friend from back where me, and my friends came from.”

“What friend are you talking about,” asked Pinkie Pie, suddenly curious about what Minka’s saying.

“Well, I’m talking about Buttercream Sunday. She’s a bunny who’s into sweets and candy, just like you, Pinkie.” Minka Mark explained.

“Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Sounds like I found a friend from another dimension who has everything in common!” Pinkie Pie said, suddenly excited. “But I feel like giving you an art lesson, because I noticed that all you did was fling paint everywhere.” Pinkie Pie noted, seeing everything in the bakery covered in paint.

“Well, if that’ll make me a better artist, I’m in!” Minka agrees.


Pinkie Pie has set up a complete art class-like environment in her room. She also has frosting tubes, confetti and cooking ingredients right by the canvas. She also has her trusty Party Cannon!

“Where’s the paint at?” Minka asked, confused.

“Well, duh. We are using frosting and sweets as paint, because I kind of don’t have paint. We are also using my Party Cannon to shoot confetti to make our masterpiece!” Pinkie said, pulling her cannon out of her mane, literally.

“Wow! How did you do that?!” asked Minka, excited and confusing at the same time.

“Well, break the laws of physics, because I’m so random! Let’s get started, shall we?” Minka said, beginning class.


Lesson #1: Frosting painting

Pinkie Pie starts her lessons with throwing frosting right into her canvas, making an image of Twilight Sparkle, which stunned Minka with impression.

“Now, you take it from here, my monkey friend!” Pinkie Pie said.

Minka steps up and throws frosting to her own canvas, which she painted a picture of Blythe and the other pets in one throw!

“That’s very impressive! Now let’s move on to the next part of the lesson.” Pinkie said.


Lesson #2: The great big cake-off

Pinkie Pie brings out the ingredients needed to make what’s next in the lesson.

“Well, our next lesson will be a great cake-off.” Pinkie then brings out a picnic basket that seems to be filled with surprises. “We’ll also have a basket full of mystery ingredients that are very MANDATORY to use. Don’t leave those out of the recipe.” Pinkie Pie warned.

On the count of 3, she and Minka opened their baskets to find the following cooking needs to use:

  1. Giant toaster pastry (Pop-tarts)
  2. Carrot cake jam
  3. Araucana eggs
  4. Carbonated slushy

The 45-minute time limit begins, and the duo starts making their individual dishes.

Minka starts working on the base for her cake dish, mixing a slice of Pop-Tarts, eggs, chocolate powder and other ingredients from the kitchen, while Pinkie Pie is using Pop-tarts with her carbonated slushy, and ingredients from the kitchen.

10 minutes later…

After all the mixing, they put their cake mixes in the oven to bake for 25 minutes. While it’s cooking, the duo starts making their frosting for decoration. Minka is using carrot cake jam, sugar and other kitchen baking needs, while Pinkie Pie is using more of the slushy, Araucana eggs, and some food coloring to make the frosting more colorful.

10 minutes later…

Minka Mark is making a garnish using the slushy for her dessert. Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie is using carrot cake jam and Araucana eggs to create her own garnish.

After the 45 minutes are over, the duo already has their dishes prepared, plated and all set for judging.


Pinkie Pie gives her dish (The Pop-tart / slushy cake with a Carrot cake jam / Araucana egg garnish and carrot jam frosting) to the table of the 4 ponies who’ll be critiquing the dishes.

The judges:

  1. Maud Pie
  2. Mr. Cake
  3. Mrs. Cake

Maud said that her sister’s cake is just how she prefers to taste, since the eggs are part of the frosting, the slushy added the popping feel to her cake, and the jam gives the cake a more seasonal taste, using her trademark monotone voice in every single thing she’s saying about Pinkie’s cake.

Mr. Cake said that she likes Pinkie’s cake so much, that she thought it would be nice to her family to have as a Nightmare Night treat.

Mrs. Cake said that they kind of like the eggs in the garnish, ignoring the weird taste.

Then Minka brings out her dish (Pop-tart / egg chocolate cake with slushy garnish, and jam frosting) to the table.

Maud said that Minka’s cake is good, impressed that she used the eggs in the cake mix, noting that it’s better to use the eggs in the cake base, her voice kind of getting in the more excited tone.

Mr. Cake said that Minka’s cake is even better, saying that chocolate is part of the dish.

Mrs. Cake said Minka’s cake tastes better, saying chocolate is added. They also noted that it would be very nice to have the dish for Pinkie Pie’s next birthday.

“Aw, shucks” thanked Pinkie Pie.

“I’m just doing what I do best: being an artist,” Minka replied.


The judges have decided the winner of the cake-off.

Minka and Pinkie Pie come back to the kitchen to hear about the news of whoever wins the bake-off.

“We have decided…” Maud said, with a happy tone in her monotone voice.

“That the winner of the bake-off is…” Mr. Cake announced.

“Minka Mark!” Mrs. Cake declared.

“Wow! I never even made any sweets before. All I’ve done was paint and make abstract work! Thanks, everypony!” Minka said, excited about the news. She then approaches Pinkie Pie and says “Good work, Pinkie Pie. I know that you’ll always be a great baker and that you’ll always make everyone happy all the time.” Minka said, kindly.

With that being said, Pinkie Pie brings out her cannon from her mane, and fires confetti all over the place, beginning the celebration for everyone.

“Let’s party, everyone!” Pinkie Pie cheered.

And so, everyone danced, played party games, and dined on Minka’s cake.

THE END

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment