• Published 1st Apr 2023
  • 501 Views, 6 Comments

I Was Counting On Forever - Drunk Luna



In the wake of unspeakable tragedy, Cadance and Luna must raise baby Flurry Heart, though Cadance hates Luna.

  • ...
4
 6
 501

Chapter Three

"You must eat."

Startled, Cadance jumped at Luna's voice. Flurry Heart, who had been sleeping in Cadance's hooves, stirred and began to cry. Cadance glared at Equestria's new ruler, who stood in the doorway of the sun-drenched rear veranda of Canterlot Castle.

"You need to eat, Cadance," Luna repeated. "You cannot look after Flurry if you do not look after yourself."

"Look what you did," Cadance snapped, glowering at Luna. "I just got her to sleep. I was up all night with her because she still hasn't gotten used to her sleep schedule. I was hoping to just enjoy some cuddles. Oh, Flurry-Whirry, shhhh, I know you're tired," she said gently, nuzzling the tiny foal's forehead. "I know, sweetheart, I know. There, there, little one. Did Auntie Lulu scare you?" She shot a scowl at the older alicorn, who looked wounded, then she kissed Flurry's head again. "Come on, sweetie, let's give you a nice, soothing bath; you always fall asleep in the bath, don't you, Bug? Yes, you do." Cadance huffed as she stood and started to carry her new daughter towards the bathroom. "If you're just going to stand there, you might as well make yourself useful," she called to Luna. "Come with me."

Luna felt a glimmer of optimism as she followed Cadance down the long corridor. The princess of love had already prepared the newborn-sized bathtub, which was filled with lukewarm water. Flurry began to relax as soon as she was placed into the tub. Luna smiled affectionately at her new great-niece as she reached out to caress the foal's head.

"What a sweet little one she is," she murmured, reaching for a washcloth and squeezing a small amount of shampoo onto it so that she could begin to wash Flurry's mane. She paused for a second, looking at Cadance for permission. The pink alicorn sighed and reluctantly nodded. Luna began to gently work the shampoo into the filly's long, thick tresses. Flurry Heart gurgled and smiled up at Luna, blinking sleepily. Luna tickled the foal's tummy.

"Uh-oh," she cooed, "I think somepony is getting sleepy. Are you tired, darling Flurry Heart? Oh, you're so sweet and adorable. Aren't you just the cutest little thing? Yes, you are." She continued to bathe and fuss over the filly, who suddenly began to grunt and scrunch up her face into an expression that Cadance instantly recognized. Cadance stifled a giggle as Luna carefully tipped Flurry's head back and poured a cup of water over her mane to rinse it.

"Let's get your pretty little tail nice and clean," Luna went on, working shampoo along Flurry's back and sides towards her rear. Cadance bit her lip, deciding not to warn Luna about what Flurry might do next. When Luna reached the filly's tail, she lifted it slightly to wash it. As Cadance had expected, Flurry, who had been grunting and tensing the entire time, pooped, turning the water a yellowish brown color. Luna froze, and her eyes shifted to Cadance as she realized what had just happened; her reaction, however, was the complete opposite of what Cadance had expected it to be.

"Oh, my goodness!" Luna exclaimed in a singsong voice, her baby talk never wavering as she smiled proudly at Flurry. "Did Her Royal Highness just go poopy in her bath? I think she did! Are you all done, my lovely? Here." She hastily removed Flurry from the tub, which Cadance cleaned and refilled with fresh water. Flurry was still straining, so Luna put her on the changing table and began to gently massage the foal's tummy.

"That's it, little one," the lunar princess cooed. "Let it all out. There you go." Luna beamed as Flurry finally relieved herself, then she cleaned the foal off and put a fresh diaper on her without batting an eye. Cadance stood dumbfounded by her aunt's prowess with newborns, but she quickly composed herself and put Flurry down for her nap.

"Thank you," Cadance said shortly. Luna raised her head and met her niece's eyes with a tender smile.

"Of course, dear Cadance," she replied. "Do... do you need anything else?" Her expression turned stern. "Come," she said, ushering Cadance out of the nursery and shutting the door behind them. "You must eat now. Do not argue with your auntie. You will need strength for the week ahead." Cadance's shoulders tensed as Luna's wing brushed along her back.

"Don't touch me," she growled. Luna recoiled, looking hurt once again.

"Stop it! Wipe that look off your face!" Brick by brick, the strong facade that Cadance had been maintaining for Flurry's sake began to crumble. "You did this, Luna! You took my husband and niece away from me, along with the only parents I have ever known. You took my daughter's daddy away from her! Because of you, Flurry will never know how wonderful her daddy was. He won't get to watch her take her first steps or sit in the audience at her college graduation," Cadance yelled, her face turning scarlet. "He will never walk her down the aisle or meet his grandchildren one day. You stole all of those moments from us because you wanted to attack some insignificant country on the other side of the world, Luna, and I will never forgive you for that. I hate you. I am only keeping you around because the rest of my family is dead, but don't you ever mistake my tolerance for forgiveness. You should have died instead." Luna looked at the floor, her wings drooping.

"I know," she whispered. "I wish I could have taken their places." She choked back a sob. "If... if you're hungry, there is food in the kitchen to be sampled for the receptions that will be held the night before the funeral, and immediately following the committal service. I know that you want nothing to do with me, so I will respect your space. Just know that I'm here for you if you need anything. I... I love you, Cadance... my dear niece." With that, Luna trudged off to her bedchamber, while Cadance headed to her room to rest.

Comments ( 3 )

so celetia, shining armor, twilight, twilight velvet, and nightlight i have to ask who is the sixth?

11556383
oh that makes more sense

Login or register to comment