• ...
1
 300
 473

PreviousChapters Next
7. The Dazzlings Soccer Kickoff

Friday, the day of the first soccer game and most importantly, the day the Dazzlings would get to make their debut. The whole school was looking forward, I mean, who wouldn't? The first game of the year was being held at Canterlot which was great because that meant the girls had home-field advantage which was always a good thing. The day had gone by before the Dazzlings knew it, and right now they were currently in the changing rooms getting changed and putting on their soccer uniforms. Another thing that the girls were happy about, it was the first time the girl's soccer team would get to wear their soccer uniforms.

The girls got changed into their soccer uniforms and waited for Rainbow to come. All the girls were waiting in the changing rooms talking amongst each other. They were all looking forward to playing, but they were mostly hoping that they would come out of this game with a victory. Just then the door to the changing rooms opened up and in came Rainbow, the girls immediately became quiet and paid attention to what their Coach had to say.

"Alright, listen up! This is our first game of the year and I'm hoping to start things off with a win! You guys have worked a lot to get to this moment! Now let's go out there and show everyone just what you guys are made of!" Rainbow yelled trying to hype up the team.

"Yeah!" The whole team yelled.

Rainbow smiled. "Alright then! Let's go out there then! Cmon!" The girls got up and followed Rainbow onto the field where people started cheering once they saw the team make their way to the field. Rainbow looked back at the girls and smiled. "Go on and get this crowd hype!" The girls smiled and then ran onto the field making the crowd go even more wild seeing their team hop onto the field.

Adagio and a few other of the girls kept raising their arms up and down making the crowd scream and yell even louder. Aria and Sonata let out a battle cry showing off that they were ready to play some soccer! All the girls eventually went over to their bench and started making a game plan with Rainbow. They all huddled around each other, if they wanted to win they needed a good plan and with Rainbow's knowledge and prowess in the sport, they had a good chance of that happening.

"Okay, I'm going to need all of you for this game. Adagio, I'm assigning you as team captain, make sure to lead the team well during the game. I want you eleven on the field to start things off, the other nine will be on standby. If you get tired, don't be afraid to ask for someone to take over, don't push yourself too hard, we don't want any injuries." The girls nodded their heads as Rainbow started pointing at people. Adagio, Aria, Sonata, Gabby, Phoebe, Joy, Frizzle, Arza, Athena, and Lunar Crescent. Dawnshine watched as the girls nodded and made their way away from the sidelines. 'Why do they get to play but I don't? I did everything just as good as them but yet I get put on the bench? Unbelievable!'

The eleven girls then made their way onto the field and waited for the game to begin. The referee made their way toward the middle of the field with a soccer ball. Adagio and the other team's leader walked toward the center of the field. "Welcome ladies, since Canterlot has home-field advantage they will call heads or tails." The referee then turned his head to face Adagio. "Heads or tails."

The referee threw tossed the coin into the air, as the coin started to fall, Adagio made the call. "Heads." The coin then hit the ground, looking down, Adagio smiled.

"It is heads. Do you want to have the ball or kickoff?" Adagio looked back at Rainbow who smiled and nodded, Adagio smiled and nodded back.

Turning back to the referee, Adagio smiled. "We'll start with the ball." The referee nodded as everyone on the field got into their positions. Adagio was the striker, with everyone else beings forwards, Sonata, however, was the goalie, and she was surprisingly good at defending the ball away. With the blow of the whistle, the game had begun.

Adagio started off and kicked the ball over to Athena. Athena started pushing and making her way closer and closer to the goal. People however on the opposite side weren't going to let her get a goal so easily though as they started ganging up and trying to stop her. Athena kicked the ball back to Joy, but with no being able to make a clear shot, Joy kicked it over to Aria who had a speed advantage with who was trying to guard her. Joy kicked the ball as hard as she could as it flew over to Aria.

Aria caught the ball and started kicking it over to the post while Gabby nearby trying to defend Aria and get her close. On the other side, Frizzle was running in case Aria needed some help with Adagio right behind her. Aria did a quick look around the field, and saw an opening, if she was fast enough... it just might work! She then quickly ran toward the goal and watched as the goalie got on the defensive, she then proceeded to kick the ball over to the left where Frizzle was. Frizzle started kicking it and then kicked it over to Adagio who headbutted it. With the ball going around the field in a matter of seconds the goalie was unable to stop it as the ball went into the goal.

The crowd went wild as the ball went into the goalie. Rainbow who was on the sidelines cheered as she watched everyone run over to Adagio and give her props for getting a point. However, the game wasn't over and they weren't going to be cocky, they still had a game to finish. While they were getting ready, the opposite team kicked the ball off and started making their charge toward the goal.

The opponent team was starting to make some ground and they were getting close to the goal at alarming speeds. Rainbow watched and bit her nails, she was hoping that one of her girls could stop them but things weren't looking good. Frizzle tried going for the ball but she missed as the ball went over to someone else and they kicked the ball toward the goal. Everyone watched as the ball went flying toward the goal but with quick reflexes Sonata was able to get in front of the ball, stopping it in its tracks.

The crowd cheered as Sonata happily took the ball away and kicked it high into the air. Gabby who had trusted Sonata to stop the ball had went unnoticed and made her way to the opponent's side of the field wide open as the ball went flying over to her. With Gabby being wide open she took the ball and raced down the field, she then pulled a fast one on the goalie making it seem she was going to kick to the left but kicked to the right and scoring yet another point for her and her team.

Gabby cheered as the rest of her day gave her applause for her goal. Rainbow smiled as she watched her team cheer for one another, as they were now up two to nothing. They were acting and playing like a team, and if they kept up that teamwork for the rest of the season, they would be sure to make the playoffs and maybe even win that championship that Canterlot had missed out on for the past few years. Rainbow watched as Gabby and Sonata high-fived and then hugged each other. 'That play would have never worked if it wasn't for their bond with one another. Gabby trusts Sonata and Sonata trusts Gabby, and with that trust, they made the plays that they did.'

"C'mon, girls! Don't lose focus now! Make sure to keep up your lead and take this thing home!" Rainbow yelled to the girls. The girls nodded their heads as they then got back into their positions and awaited for the opponents to make their next move. They were up by two points and they were not going to let the opponent team make a comeback, they were going to win this game no matter what!


It was currently halftime and there was a short break. The girls were taking sips of their water and sat on the bench as they tried to regain their energy. The score was still two to nothing and Canterlot was just killing the clock and playing defense while the opponents could do nothing but watch as they were slowly but surely running out of time to get some points.

Rainbow was happy with the position her team was in, everything was going as planned and if they kept things up, they would win. Although she did like the fact that they were up by two, she was wanting to get some more points on the board but the opponent's team really started putting on some strong defense that was making it hard for Canterlot to get any more points.

"Alright, we're doing good so far. We're up by two so let's try to keep it that way, I know the other team is making it hard to score any points so if they want to pull that card, let's just make sure they too don't get any points. I'm going to switch out some people so that the starters can catch their breath." Rainbow then turned to Dawnshine. "Dawnshine, you're the team leader, make sure the team wins this game!" Dawnshine smiled brightly as she stood up as she and the other girls made their way to the field. As Rainbow watched them make their way to the field she couldn't help but feel as though she had made a mistake.


That feeling Rainbow was feeling before had punched her in the face before she knew it. The whole second half had been nothing but the opponent's ball, sure Canterlot was putting good defense but with most of their starters resting their team wasn't as good as before. And Dawnshine was anything but a leader, she kept the ball and wouldn't give the ball to any of her teammates and although Sonata was a good goalie she couldn't always stop the ball, and with her playing for the whole game she was getting tired and it showed. The score tied at three all, with the only point Canterlot getting from Dawnshine. There were only a few minutes left in the game and Rainbow had just called a timeout.

Rainbow sighed as the girls came over to her. "Okay, things aren't going well. And that was my fault, and I take full responsibility, it's my fault we lost our lead, I made a mistake." Rainbow looked over at her starters and then at the girls in front of her. "Girls who started the game back on the field, Adagio your back as team captain." Rainbow then looked over at Dawnshine with a small glare. "You. Sit. You're done for the night, and when this game is over we're having a word." Dawnshine growled as she sat down and crossed her arms. Rainbow then looked over at Sonata with a small smile. "Sonata, you've played amazing all day, but you're tired, Arza will take your place as the goalie. You sit down, get some water, and rest, your hard work won't be for nothing. We'll make sure to win this thing." Sonata nodded and sat down on the bench, right next to Dawnshine. Dawnshine rolled her eyes as she watched the other girls get onto the field.

Sonata watched as her team had the ball with only a few minutes left and they most likely had one chance to score to win the game. She watched as her team drove down the field with all of them working together in perfect harmony, she was starting to nod off with how tired she was but she pushed herself to watch how the game would end. Time was running out and if a shot wasn't made the two teams would have to go into overtime. But with great sister teamwork, Aria kicked the soccer ball over to Adagio who did a spin kick and kicked the ball into the goal ending the game for good! The crowd and team Canterlot cheered for Adagio, they had done it, they had won the game! Rainbow jumped for joy as she ran over to the opponent's coach and shook the coach's hand. Canterlot had token the victory as the Dazzlings hugged one another as Sunset and Tom made their way over to them and hugged them.

Dawnshine watched as all the girls on her team were celebrating with one another as a team with their friends as family. But for her. She just watched as she tightened her fist as she started shaking in anger. She was supposed to lead the team to victory, but instead, she was benched for Adagio and watched as her team won the game without her. She especially glared at the Dazzlings who were in the middle of the celebrating with everyone around them, like always. Ever since the Team Tournament they had become stars in Canterlot, and Dawnshine could only grit her teeth as she watched as the girls got interviewed by the news on their victory. 'Dazzlings... I HATE YOU! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING FOR ME!!'

PreviousChapters Next