• ...
1
 300
 473

PreviousChapters Next
38. Angels And Demons

Halloween, the day, or rather, the night when kids dress up in costumes and go out walking around knocking on people's doors asking for candy. Now, just as the saying goes, trick or treat, was exactly how Halloween could be for some. On the bright side, kids could dress up as whatever their imagination thought, but on the bad side, Halloween could be a scary holiday where people pull pranks on others. Now although the pranks were supposed to be nothing but little harmless jokes, the pranks could still give the person quite a scare.

The Dazzlings were currently at their house in their rooms putting on their costumes so that they could go trick or treating, something the three of them were going to do together as sisters. Sure, they were a bit old to go trick or treating, but it was a tradition for the three of them to go trick or treating with each other. And as Sonata would say, the three of them were never too old to go trick or treating, to which Sonata agreed. They only had two more years so they decided to continue doing it. After putting on her costume, Adagio smiled at herself as she looked at herself in the mirror. She had dressed up as an angel with a white dress and a halo to go along with it. Adagio smiled as she fixed her halo one last time to make sure it looked good. Smiling, she walked out of her room and headed downstairs where she was to meet up with her sisters.

"ADAGIO! LET'S GO!" Adagio sighed, and that was the yell of her sister, Aria, who was most likely getting bored of waiting for her. Now Adagio had told Aria before going to her room to get ready that she was going to need her time because as she liked to say, you can't rush perfection. However, it seemed that Aria didn't get the memo.

Groaning and rolling her eyes, Adagio yelled back at Aria. "I'M COMING HOLD ON!!" Looking at herself in the mirror one last time and telling herself that she looked good enough, she smiled and walked out of her room.

Walking out of her room and downstairs to the living room, she saw Aria all alone tapping her foot on the ground in irritation. Waiting for her other two sisters for so long was probably starting to irritate her. Coming down the stairs, Adagio was able to get a better look at Aria's costume. Aria had gone all out and dressed up as a vampire with a cape and some fake fangs. Adagio was impressed with Aria's costume, it looked amazing and it kinda put Adagio's angle costume to shame.

"Nice vampire costume." Turning her head Aria looked and saw Adagio who was giving her a smile in her halo costume. "You really went all out with your costume, and it shows!"

Blushing, Aria turned her head, crossing her arms and closing her eyes, so that Adagio didn't see the ever so growing blush. "T-Thanks." Aria then peaked with one of her eyes and looked at Adagio's costume again. "You don't look so bad yourself, you really do look like the angels from the shows and movies." Adagio smiled and nodded her head, thanking Aria for her kind words. Aria smiled and faced Adagio as she waved her cape with her hand. She also showed off her fake fangs making sure Adagio could see her whole costume. "So, are you ready to give everyone a good scare? Making everyone tremble before us and rob them of their candy?" Aria then let out a maniac laugh as Adagio just stared at her letting out a nervous laugh. Aria was getting way into character but Adagio didn't mind, Aria was having fun and she was going to let her have it.

"Well, maybe not steal people's hard-earned candy, but I am definitely ready to walk around and get some candy and look at everyone's candy." Adagio then did a little spin. "Plus, I don't think that I have a good costume to give people a scare."

Aria looked at her costume and nodded her head, she knew that Adagio had a point. "Yeah, now if only Sonata was ready and then we could be heading out by now. By the time we get out there and start walking around for candy, all the good candy is going to be gone and we'll get all the bad candies. Ugh, what is taking her so long anyways?"

Adagio shrugged, she had no clue where Sonata could be. She was the most looking forward to going trick or treating but now here she and Aria was waiting for her, what was taking so long? "Guyssss, I'm here!" Turning their heads, Adagio and Aria turned their heads to see their sister walking down the stairs, or rather, jumping down the stairs. Hopping down the stairs, Sonata made her way over to her sisters. Adagio and Aria looked at Sonata, their eyes widened in surprise. Sonata made her way over to Adagio and Aria with a big smile on her face. "So, what do you think of my costume?"

Sonata had a mermaid costume on with a tail to go along with it. Adagio and Aria looked at Sonata and then at each other. Now the costume was cute, and Sonata looked amazing in it, like an actual mermaid. However, there was one big problem that Sonata didn't think about. "Uh, Sonata? How are you supposed to keep up with us?" Adagio looked at her worried and confused, she had a bad feeling that Sonata didn't think too much of her plan.

Sonata smiled and opened her mouth to say something, but she was then hit with what Adagio had asked her. "Uh, oh..." Adagio sighed while Aria rolled her eyes and smacked her forehead. The two older sisters then decided that they had waited enough and started walking out of the house and off to start hunting for candy. "Hey! Guys! Wait for me!" Sonata yelled as she hopped to chase after her sisters and not fall behind.


It had been a while but the three girls started walking with one another. Sonata still had to hop after Adagio and Aria but walking around and getting the candy from people pushed Sonata to hop her hardest. So now, the three girls, an angel, a vampire, and a mermaid were walking, or hopping in Sonata's case, around Canterlot knocking on people's doors for some candy. The girls had been walking around for about an hour and they had gotten a good amount of candy, and they were currently following Aria who had said she knew where all the good candy would be at.

"Aria, is this even a good idea? What if all the good candy is already gone?" Adagio whined. She was getting tired from all of the walking they had been doing. After about twenty minutes, she was already wanting to go home but Aria and Sonata forced her to continue walking around with them and keep getting candy until they all got a full bag of candy. When she heard from Aria that she knew how they could get a lot of candy fast, she was quick to take advantage and listen to Aria. However, the Dazzlings had been walking for at least ten minutes and they had yet to even get one piece of candy.

"Trust me, this plan is foolproof. Where we're walking is where all the rich people live and they're sure to have all the good candies to give out. Big candy bars or maybe even a hand full of candy, if we walk around the neighborhood for a few minutes, before we know it, we'll be sure to have a full bag of candy, and then." Aria looked over at Adagio who was starting to fall behind, even Sonata was ahead of her, and she had been hopping around for an hour and she still had the energy to continue without a problem. "We can happily go home, soo the faster you walk so that we can walk around the neighborhood, the faster we can go home, so hurry up." After hearing that, Adagio quickly picked up her pace and started speed walking to catch up to Aria and Sonata.


"Trick or treat!" The three girls said with smiles on their faces. The person smiled at the three girls and gave each of the girls a bucket full of candy. "Thank you!" The Dazzlings smiled and walked away as the man smiled at them and shut the door.

It was now nighttime and the girls were still out asking about for candy. The girls looked at their bags and then at each other with a smile on their faces. They had finally gotten a full bag of candies and they could finally start making their way home, something that Adagio was very happy about. As the three girls started making their way home, they looked up at the night sky where the stars shined above them. It had been a fun night for the three of them and with all the new candy they had, they would be happy and enjoy their candy for days to come. However, from earlier years, Adagio and Aria knew that they would have to keep their eyes on Sonata and how much candy she ate. The two of them still remembered a few years back when the three of them were younger and they had gotten their candy. That very night Sonata ate her whole bucket of candy, she would later realize that doing that would be a very bad mistake. The poor girl had gotten sick with a bad stomach ache for a week, and it took the girl a long time before she ever ate candy again, which sucked for Sonata.

"This was fun! We should do this again next year and the year after!" Sonata smiled as she continued to hop. Aria and Adagio looked at her and smiled.

As much as they didn't want to go trick or treating this year, Sonata was the reason they had decided to go. They knew Sonata was doing much better but they wanted to be safe than sorry. Plus, they still had a good time walking around and getting candy with one another.

Sonata, Adagio, and Aria all looked at one another with a smile on their faces as they all took a deep breath and yelled. "Happy Halloween everyone!!"

PreviousChapters Next