• ...
18
 61
 7,552

Chapter 2: Welcome to Equestria

Chapter 2: Welcome to Equestria


It was a long night. I was either sleeping or already dead. Later, I feel the warm morning sun shining down on me. Then, I smelled someone's cooking.

"I'm alive?" I thought to myself.

I slowly open my eyes, and I can see that I'm in a house - a beautiful house with some beautiful flowers placed on the window next to the bed with a beautiful morning sunlight shining through.

"He's awake!" said Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy squeaked and hid under the table. Than Rainbow Dash came out of middle of nowhere, came up to my face and starting to scold at me. "Who are you, and where are you from?" said Rainbow Dash angrily. "Are you a human spy trying to take over Equestria?!"

I was in deep shock, there are talking pegasus, unicorn, and earth ponies. I don;t even know what's going on anymore.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said nervously.

"Stop lying!"

"That's enough Rainbow." said Twilight while dragging her away from me and put her back down onto the floor.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"Welcome to Equestria." Twilight answered nicely. "This is where the ponies lives."

"Equestria?" I was very confused. Equestria, it was never written on the map.

"Actually, right now you're in a village called Ponyville."

"Ponyville? Where am I? Seriously! I have to go back to the Rappahannock River, I need to get back to my platoon! I don't want them to think I gone AWOL! (Absence without leave)"

"Calm down." said Applejack. "We're not gonna hurt ya."

"We just found you right outside of town last night, and I brought you here, because you really needed a medical care." said Twilight.

Now I remember. I was injured. When I look at myself, I have bandages wrapped around my shoulder and my stomach. I was saved after all. Something is still troubling me though. How on earth I ended up a place like this?

"My name is Twilight Sparkle. What's yours?"

"Tommy Watson." I answered. Then the other ponies starting to introducing themselves.

"Howdy! I'm Applejack."

"Hi, I'm Rainbow Dash."

"Come on Fluttershy, don't be shy." said Twilight. The shy pony craw out under the kitchen table and slowly approach.

"Hi Fluttershy, I'm Tommy Watson. Nice to meet you."

"Um.. hi...." said Fluttershy in a very soft voice.

Than Fluttershy pushed a cart over to me. It was my breakfest. There's a plate full of nicely cooked vegetables, and I never seen someone actually do something that nice to me before.

"Thank you, Fluttershy."

"Um, you're welcome."

Then I started to eat my breakfast. I haven't eaten something that tastes so good since the war started in 1860. When I was about finishing my breakfest, I can hear noises outside. There's Spike, he tries to get into the house in front door, and he forces the other ponies back out. Spike sigh in relief while leaning aginst the door.

"It's a big crowd out there." said Spike.

"Spike? What's going on? Why are there's so many ponies outside?" asked Twilight.

"Everypony in Ponyville wanted to see this human-- WHAAA!!! He's ALIVE!!!"

"AHHHHH!!! A talking dragon!!!" Me and Spike were stared at each other, than Twilight chuckle.

"It's okay Spike. He's harmless."

"Are you sure? What if--"

"Spike."

"Okay." Spike walk over to me and gave me a handshake. "Hi, I'm Spike."

"Tommy Watson. Nice to meet you."

"So why are you here Spike?" asked Twilight.

"Oh, I forgot! Princess Celestia got your message, and she wanted to meet this human and..." than Spike realize something else. "yeah, the princess' Royal Guards will be here shorty."

"What?! The princess?!" I was even more nervous now.

Suddenly, the nosie from outside quieted down. Somepony knocked on the door. Fluttershy went to answer. It was the princess' Royal Guards. One of them answer the door, and there are three of them standing outside with the carriage. I got out of the bed, and I was still felt the pain. The painful part was my stomach, I end up falling down to the floor.

"Oh no!" Fluttershy gasped, and came over to me. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine, don't worry about me."

"Oh no, please stay in bed."

"Are you here to pick him up to Canterlot?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, we are." He answered.

"Oh no, please." said Fluttershy. "He's still in bad shape, he need his rest. Why don't he just go another time?"

"No Fluttershy. I'll be alright. I'm not going to keep the princess waiting."

When I walk out the door, everypony was staring at me in silence. I got onto the carriage, and Twilight and her friends got on as well. We're off to Canterlot. Canterlot is a capital city of Equestria, the residence of Princess Celestia, and also Twilight's hometown, but now she lives in Ponyville. Canterlot is not much known as a city, but it's a large beautiful castle where most of the unicorns lived. The journey to Canterlot is not that long. It only takes twenty minutes by walking. During our trip, Twilight and her friends kept telling me about their princess, and saying how nice she is, and how generous she can be. I'm feeling nervous, meeting a princess at the time like this. I'm afraid she might do something terrible to me since I'm a human and a soldier. She might think that I'm a spy or something. I hope everything will be okay.

When we arrive to Canterlot front gate, there's another big crowd. Maybe they also came from Ponyville. I got off the carriage, and walk to the castle's entrance while everypony starring at me. When I walked inside of the castle, it looked like a church. At the end of the alley way, there's a large royal chair, that's where the princess will be sitting. The princess is not here yet. So we waited. Everypony took their seats, and I'm the only one standing with two Royal Guards standing by my sides. They are making sure that I don't do anything stupid. While waiting, I can hear some other ponies chatting and whispering in the background. They were talking about me. Saying how creepy and scary I look. Well, I don't blame them, they never saw a human being before, and I was taller than everypony else. The ponies' height mostly around three or four feet tall.

We only waited for two minutes and there, here come's the princess. The royal guards played the trumpets to address the princess' arrival. Several feet in the air, you can see some golden sparkles appears. Than a bright light brust and there she was. Princess Celestia. Right after she appeared, ahe sat down. Before the ponies bow down to her, I was the first one to do so. I was very nervous and I didn't want to disrepect the princess. Looking at her, she is the most beautiful creature you'll ever seen, even for a human like me. She has a pinkish-white body, a wavy mane of pastel colors, and her cutie mark is is the sun. Princess Celestia was surprise when she saw me bow down to her.

"Please, rise." she said. I stood back up and look at her nervously. "Now, I'm going to ask you some questions and please answer them."

"This is going to be a little tough." I thought to myself.

"What's your name, and where are you from?"

"Tommy Watson, and I'm from the Army of the Potomac."

"Army of the Potomac?"

"It's the major of the United States Army." Right after that, I was very speechless. I felt like I really shouldn't had said that. Princess Celestia feels a little concern, and she looked at me with her suspicious eyes. No human ever step foot into Equestria before, even though the land is invisible by Celestia's magic spell, but there is no barrier to stop anyone that walks through. The princess continued, she asked me how I got here and why are the humans are fighting. I think she knows it already, but I told her that the Union Army are fighting against the Confederate Army. Like I said, what are we really fighting for is freedom and liberating the slavery in the south. Then, she ask me this question, if I were a spy. I said, no. After I finished answering some of her other questions, I wanted to ask her if I can leave and go back to the human world.

"Sorry your highness?" I said nervously. "Is it okay if I can go back to the human world?"

Princess Celestia gave me a unsure look. "I can't let you go just yet." said the princess. "If I let you go now--"

"Princess please!" I interrupted. "I swear I won't tell a soul about this place, I have to go back or else I gone AWOL!"

"Hey!" said the guard on my left. "You don't interrupt when the princess when she's speaking!"

"It's alright." said Princess Celestia. "I understand how you feel, but I need some proof from you."

"Proof? What proof?"

"I want to see what kind of person you are."

"The Kind of person?" I thought to myself. She want to see if I were the good, or the bad human. But at that point, I was getting angry. She even mention about my rifle that I dropped. She stored it in the magical room which can be able to unlock it only by the princess' magic. I was even more upset, because a soldier never leaves his weapons behind, it meant for his life.

Before I head back to Ponyville, I thought to myself; the princess must know something. When I look at her again, she gave me a sorry look as if I lost a good friend. Well, several of my close friends were killed in the war, and I still try to forget about it.

When I went down with the other ponies. I was put to work. Princess Celestia gave me a schedule of the things to do.

1) In the mornings, I work at the Sugarcube Corner to help out Mr. and Mrs. Cake. Afternoons, well it depends which days,

2)Mondays, I had to be at Sweet Apple Acres.

3)Tuesdays, at the Carousel Boudoir.

4)Wednesdays, in Canterlot doing chores,

5)Thursdays, at the library. Fridays, at Fluttershy's Cottage. It actually like her little animal clinic.

6)And Saturdays and Sundays, I'm on breaks.

And there's more, it says: P.S. Please come and stop by at Canterlot anytime, if you have anything to talk about. -Sign Princess Celestia. I knew that the princess knew something. She already know that I went through a lot.

I have to start working tomorrow, but today I'm going to meet some of Twilight's friends, and the other ponies. I have to stay here for a while so I'm going to give this town a chance.

Meet the ponies:

Twilight Sparkle is a purple unicorn, with Dark Indigo with pink and purple streaks mane, and her cutie mark is Magenta six-pointed star, surrounded by five smaller stars. Twilight is a very talented in magic, and also a private student of Princess Celestia.

Fluttershy is a yellow pegasus with pink mane, and her cutie mark represent Three Butterflies. Fluttershy is a shy pony who loves taking care of animals, big or small. Fluttershy used to live in Cloudsdale, is a city which is up high in the sky in the sky, right above Ponyville. She prefers to stay close to the ground, living in a cottage near the forest instead of the city of Cloudsdale with the other pegasi, becasue what I heard was that she is fear of heights.

Rainbow Dash is a light blue pegasus with Rainbow colored mane, and her cutie mark is Rainbow-colored lighting bolt with a cloud. Rainbow is a very insensitive pony and she boast a lot about her awsomeness. Rainbow and I never got along that well. Maybe at times.

Applejack is a reddish-orange pony with blonde mane, and her cutie mark is Three Apples. Applejack is a hard working pony that runs Sweet Apple Acres, a large apple orchard near Ponyville. She also has a deep southern accent, and she also a very honest pony I ever met, she share her true feelings at times.

Later on, Twilight took me to Carousel Boudoir where Rarity lives and works. Rarity is a white unicorn with purple stylish mane, and her cutie mark is Three Diamonds. Rarity is a very generous unicorn pony. When I walked into her shop, and saw my messy uniform, she quickly redo my my uniform for me. I can realize that Rarity is very stylish and beautiful, and takes great interest in fashion and clothing design, and often tries to make herself the center of attention.

Spike is a young dragon who assists Twilight. Spike was hatched from an egg by Twilight and has accompanied her ever since. He often writes down Twilight's messages to Celestia and sends them to the Princess through his magical fire breath. He even told me seceretly that he has a private crush on Rarity and is willing to do anything to help her.

Last pony I'm going to meet is Pinkie Pie, but she's not around for the whole dayand I wonder why. We decided to head towards Sugarcube Corner to meet her, and that's the place where Pinkie Pie lives. Onnce I walked inside the Sugar Cube Corner, everything is dark.

"Uh, is anypony home?" I called.

"Surprise!" shouted the ponies and lights went on. I was deeply touched for some reason. There's a nig sign says: "Welcome to Ponyville Tommy!" I'd only been here since last night and the ponies are throwing a welcome party for me. Strange.

Pinkie Pie is a pink earth pony with pink puffy-curly mane, and her cutie mark is Three party balloons. Pinkie Pie is a party planner, but very funny, talkative, a bit air-headed, and quite random at times. Pinkie is the pony who will makes you laugh and smile. I haven't smile or laugh over a year now. Pinkie was the only pony who made me smile. I only met these ponies for a few hours now and I started to like this place. While I was sitting down eating and drinking my tea, the other ponies wanted to meet me, and I give them a hand shake or maybe a hoof shake.

It was a long day, when the day was almost over, I almost knew all of the ponies in town. It's very strange, I just met these ponies and they started to like me . We were about to have dinner and we were dining outside of Sugarcube Corner, and boy I never ate so. It feels so good to have a full stomach. A little while later, Princess Celestia is here, and to be honest, I was starting to feel angry again when I saw her. She was concerned about me and made sure if everything is okay. While we're having a good time, the princess called me aside. One of her guards came over to me and said, "The princess wants to speak with you in private." So, I got up and walk to her. Princess Celestia stood up . "Follow me." she said. We walk down to a park which there is a lake. I didn't know what to say to the princess and I kept quiet the whole time.

"So, how did you like the ponies?" asked Princess Celestia.

"Well," I said in a speechless tone. "They're friendly."

"Look Tommy, I know you're upset with me, and I respect that. I'm sorry. I thought you're one of the humans who want to destroy and torture."

"Why would I want to do something like that? Besides, I already been tortured I....I have lost most of my friends already." Then I stopped.

"It's okay, you can let it out."

"Oh princess. The thing is, about this war....It's getting to me....I can't stand it!...."

"Go on, I'm listening."

"Well, it's my friends princess. They were my close friends, we used to play at the streets together. When the war started three years ago, my mother passed away, and I keep seeing my friends getting shot, left behind, and murdered... I just keep seeing hundreds of people die in front of me..." Than I started to cry, and I covered my face and looked away, I felt so ashamed.

It's okay, Tommy." Princess Celestia walked up to me and giving me a hug. I also told her about my other half of my family were murdered by the Confederate Army on the northern state of Virginia, while they are trying to escape back to the north. I cried for a long time, while Celestia is still hugging me. When I stopped crying, Celestia told me that she met a human once, and that completely caught my attention.

"You met a human before?"

"Yes, that was twenty years ago. He was just a little child."

"Where did you meet him? I know it's not around here in Ponyville."

"Well, I met him just outside of the Wilderness Forest at the Hazel Grove Lake."

" Really? That place? What were you doing there?" I know where Hazel Grove Lake is, it's located like a few miles down south of Chancellorsville.

"Well, that used to be my favorite relaxation spot. It's quiet, and you can hear the birds sing, it's very lovely."

Then, the princess started to tell me her story.

End of Chapter 2.