• ...
18
 61
 7,551

Chapter 1: "Why are they fighting?"

My Little Pony: The Man in Blue Uniform
Written and Illustration by: Anthony Wu (newyorkx3)

Chapter 1: "Why are they fighting?"

It is early spring in Ponyville. The ponies are enjoying the warm fresh air; it really puts them in a good mood. Princess Celestia is in town today, visiting the other ponies. Celestia known as the sun goddess because she raises the sun everyday. Celestia lives in Canterlot Castle on the mountain side which you actually see from Ponyville. .

Princess Celestia is at the Sugercube Coner, eating cupcakes and drinking tea with the other ponies Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie. Everypony is having a great time, some other, however were kind of nervous around the princess. While enjoying themselves, suddenly they heard a loud boom.

"What was that?" exclaimed Twilight.

The Booming sound continued; everypony ran outside to see what's really going on. Everypony stared at the mountains where all the sounds cames from. There are large dark clouds like strom coulds on the other side of the mountain. Everypony believed it to be only thunder. But that booming sound... it didn't sound like thunder. The princess knew that the other side of the mountain belonged to the humans, and that there is a war going on. The two of the Princess' Royal Guards came back from the mountains, One of the guards told the princess that the humans were a lot closer to Ponyville. The war zone used to be two or three miles away; now it's only a half mile closer.The ponies began to worry, and be afraid that the humans would come and destory their land.

"Princess?" asked Twilight Sparkle. "What happens if the humans come here?"

"Don't worry Twilight." said Princess Celestia. "The humans won't even notice we're here since I cast the spell."

What the princess meant was that she cast an invisible barrier which prevents people from seeing the town of Ponyville from the outside. If a person walks through it however they can see everything.

"Why are they fighting?" Pinkie Pie wondered. "And what for?"

"Well...." Princess Celestia tried to explain. But she was speechless; she knows there is a war going on, but she dosen't want to get involve with the human's affairs again. She used to see someone twenty years ago. The ponies hoped that the humans will stay away from Ponyville, and hoping they won't come and destroy their homes.

I'm writing this story because I was there. My name is Tommy Watson, 19 years old. I'm the a rifleman from the Army of Potomac, during the Battle of Chancellorsville, and here's my story. The day is May 6th, 1863. It's the American Civil War, what we really fighting for is freedom and liberating the slavery from the south.

On May 1st, 1863, our General, Joseph Hooker, lost his patience's against the Confederate Army. He decided to send us across the Rappahannock River, possibly his biggest mistake ever. Five days later, we're sitting ducks - many of our men kept getting shot at, and we lost more than a thousand soldiers over the past few days. General Hooker can't make up his mind, but this time he ordered his troops to fall back. The day is almost over, and it's raining heavily, it's wet and cold. The ground is fill of mud and dead soldiers, and I can barely walk in it. My feet are under six inches of mud.

I was in the first trench with ten soldiers defending from the Confederate attack waves. It was endless. The ten of us managed to stay alive for the first two waves. Then came the fourth attack wave which nearly wiped us out. Now there's only three of us.

"We're going to stay here until the next wave." said the Sergeant turning to me. "Private Watson, go back and warn the captain, we can't hold out much longer, and tell him we need reinforcements!"

"Just the two of you?" I said. "Are you sure about this, Sarge?"

"Don't question me soldier! Now go!"

"Yes sir!"

I quickly ran back down the hill, and it was getting dark. When I almost got back down the hill, I can see Captain Henry Oliver, helping with his few soldiers getting back across the Rappahannock River. I can see that their won't be any other chance to send more men to the front line.

"Captain!" I shouted while I was running up to him.

"Thank goodness you're here!" said Henry. "Now help us to get these wounded back across the river."

"Captain, listen! There's only two men up there holding the line! They not going to hold out much longer! Is there anymore men that we can send?"

Captain Henry looked shocked, and he can't believe what he just heard. He was speechless for a moment, then suddenly the two soldiers came running back down the hill.

"They got the trenches!" yelled the Sergeant. "We're being over run!"

"Oh great! We got twenty more wounded. How on earth are we going to send them all back across the river?"

"I guess we have to leave them here. It's the only way we can save ourselves."

I can't believe my ears. Leaving these wounded soldiers here to die. I couldn't accept that, some of them are my friends, and I don't want to see them die. I saw too many of my friends killed already. I came to my senses.

"Captain," I said. "I'll go, and distract them by running through the forest."

"No Private! I need you here to help the wounded."

"Captain! If you don't let me go, you all will be killed."

Captain Henry looked up the hill, and saw the Confederate soldiers approaching on top of the hill. Captain Henry knew that there's no chance to fight back. He turned to me. "Okay, go... just don't get yourself killed...and good luck."

Right after that, I ran up towards the hill. "Come on Rebels! Come and get me!" I started shooting at them with my lever action rifle(Henry Rifle), then I ran off into the forest. Henry and his men started to shoot at the rebels while their soldiers are getting the wounded back across the river.

"Get that coward! Get him!" shouted one of the Confederate soldier.

I ran quickly as I could, even though the ground is very muddy. Maybe a half or fifty of the Confederate soldiers are chasing behind my back while shooting at me. I wasn't sure where I was going, I knew I was in the Wilderness Forest. It was getting really dark by then, and I couldn't see anything at all. I kept on going, keeping the Confederate away from my men as far as possible. I had ran maybe for a half mile now, as soon as I saw the opening up ahead, it was a steep hillside. It's a dead end. I turn around, took my rifle and start to shoot. I don't even know where I'm shooting at . I'm just shooting into the darkness. There's a soldier sneak up to me, which I didn't even notice. He popped out behind the tree, quickly shot me at the left side of my stomach, and then my right shoulder, which made me fall backwards. Instead of falling down onto the ground, I fell down the hill. It was like a endless drop, and I didn't know how I survive that fall. I was lying on the soaked ground, and I was barely alive. I can still hear the rebels talking, and they wanted to make sure I was dead for good. At that point, I didn't really care anymore, I wanted to join my lost friends in the heavens. But, suddenly, I hear voices. When I look up, I saw a yellowish light. It must be somebody walking nearby with there oil lantern. I tried to pick myself up, and I can barely stand. I have to worn them that the Confederate Army are nearby.

"Hey!" I called out.

"Who's there?" called the voice. It sounded like a young lady's voice. I tried to see who it was, but my visions are poor. I can't see things that clearly.

"What's that? Something is moving." This time, a different female voice. When I got out of the bushes, even though I still can't see, and suddenly I heard them scream.

"AHHHHH!!! MONSTER!!!" screaming while running away.

"What? No! Please wait!" Then suddenly I can't feel my body, and I'm starting to loss conscious. I fell down to the ground and passed out.

Lyra the unicorn, and Bon Bon the earth pony ran back to Ponyville, alerting to the other ponies.

"There's a weird looking monster in the forest!" cried Bon Bon.

"It's horrible! HORRIBLE!!! It can talk too!" cried Lyra.

Twilight Sparkle was nearby, and she walk over to Lyra and Bon Bon to see what is going on, while the other ponies did.

"A monster?" Twilight asked. "What did it look like?"

"Well." Bon Bon started to describe. "It has black hair, blue fur, it carrying a weird looking stick, and it has blood on him."

"That monster looks like it just ate up a pony!" Lyra panicked. The other ponies panicked and started to run back into there houses.

"Everypony STOP!!!" shouted Twilight. Everypony stopped, and looked back at Twilight. "Listen, there's no such thing as monsters. Now, where did you find this 'monster' anyway?"

"It's in the Everfree Forest, but-"

"I don't care what it is. I'm going to see it for myself."

Bon Bon and Lrya followed, and some of the other ponies did. It wasn't really a long walk into the forest until they found me. I was still alive but unconscious. The ponies were scared and afraid to approach, while Twilight slowly examine me.

"He's not a monster." said Twilight, finally figures out who I was.

"Then what is it?" asked the other ponies.

"He's a human."

"HUMAN?!" The other ponies screamed, and run back to their homes.

Spike, the little purple and green dragon, who was Twilight's assistant and roommate.

"A human?" he asked.

"Yes Spike, and he's hurt. I'm not sure from what, but it looks like some sharp metal objects impacted into his body."

"Is he even alive?"

"He still is Spike, we have to get him over to at Fluttershy's place before he dies."

"Whoa! Are you sure about this?"

"Spike! We have to save him, and I have to report to Princess Celestia about this! Now, help me. We need to get him over to at Fluttershy's"

Twilight is a magical unicorn, she uses her magic to lift me up, and Spike had to help, because Twilight never knew that humans can weights so much.

By the time Twilight and Spike are trying to get me over to at Fluttershy's, I'm starting to feel very cold. While I was unconscious, I can feel that someone is trying to save me. I was wet and soaked of from the rain. But after some time, I felt dried up and the injuries gone. It was less painful. For some reason, I feel like I'm actually sleeping on the bed, or maybe some clouds, I don't even know if I was in heaven yet. I'm starting to feel warm and very comfortable. I feel like, I'm at home sleeping in my own bed. Am I still...alive?

End of Chapter 1.