• Published 7th Jan 2023
  • 2,182 Views, 19 Comments

Beneath a Blanket of Stars - Nullius_OV



After the campfire scene, Hitch feels guilty about his past beliefs, and sleep does not find him. Perhaps a certain white pegasus can help.

  • ...
1
 19
 2,182

Two Souls Confide

Hitch was feeling confused and conflicted. For a stallion who had a paid-off mortgage and was holding a successful career as Sheriff of his hometown, he had never felt this unsure of himself. All his life he had been told time and time again about the dangers of the other pony races. As a foal he had been afraid and occasionally had nightmares, but as he matured, he gained an ambition to serve and protect the earth ponies of Maritime Bay. He was determined to subvert any threat that dare show its evil face in his beloved home, and if that threat were another pony kind, he would not hesitate to act.

For the longest time, things remained the same, but then, a unicorn turned up in Maritime Bay and his friend Sunny Starscout decided to embark with her on a journey to the city of the Pegasi. And now, instead of having Sunny safely in his custody, he had been roped into joining her. What the heck had happened?

Beneath a stone ledge, Hitch sat next to a warm campfire surrounded by a fellow earth pony, a unicorn, and two pegasi princesses. How he got into this situation was a very complicated story involving Splatapults, rabbits, mustaches, and daring escapes, which had all led him to spending time with ponies that he had believed to be his enemies. Everything had turned upside down.

Sunny with her practiced skills of persuasion had convinced him to join her and the others at the fire, and he had begrudgingly sat with them. His convictions told him to stay away from the unicorn, Izzy Moonbow, and the pegasus princesses, Zipp Storm and Pipp Petals, but in his heart, he had to admit that he was growing fond of their company.

“What’s wrong Izzy?” said Sunny upon seeing her downtrodden friend. The unicorn appeared to be sad, though for reasons unknown. Coming from a pony that was usually bubbly and joyful, such sadness was jarring.

“It’s just that,” Izzy began “being with you ponies has been the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I just…don’t want our adventure to end.”

“But Izzy, you’ll get your magic!” said Sunny with a grin.

Izzy’s lips turned up in a bittersweet smile. It seemed that the thought of magic, while nice, was not enough to fully lift her spirits.

Hitch felt curiosity arise in his mind, and his conscience told him now was a good time to hear the truth.

He turned to the purple unicorn, “Can I ask you a question?” The four other ponies shifted their attention to him. “Wh…why did you come to Maritime Bay?”

The question was simple, but it would reveal the reason why his life was forever altered by this energetic, yet sweet unicorn.

“I always wanted to visit,” she began. “When I was a filly, I found this pretty lantern. It had a message inside. It—it said I had friends in Maritime Bay!” As Izzy spoke, she reached into her mane and produced a small note with a drawing of an earth pony, unicorn, and pegasus having a picnic together, all with smiles on their faces.

Hitch glanced over at Sunny and saw that her face held an astonished look of recognition as she gazed at the letter.

Izzy noticed this too, and her eyes widened. “It—it was you!” she said, and Sunny nodded.

The gears in Hitch’s mind began turning. Izzy passed him the note, and he hoofed it over to Sunny, who smiled and held it longingly as though it were the greatest treasure in the world.

“I made it with my dad. We always promised each other that someday…we would prove that all ponies were meant to be friends.” Sunny spoke with absolute sincerity. It was obvious to Hitch that she meant every word of what she said.

“We’ll do our part, hoof to heart.” She finished, hugging the note to her chest.

Hitch felt a sharp pang in his heart. Argyle he thought.

There had been many times in his youth that Hitch believed Sunny’s father may have been a loony sort of stallion, but most of the time, the two had got along well. Argyle never failed to offer Hitch advise when he needed it, and it was obvious that he had a good heart. As Hitch grew, the two had been somewhat at odds for their conflicting agendas, but because of their common devotion to Sunny’s well-being, they made an effort to remain civil with one-another.

Argyle’s untimely death had been a stab at his spirit, but his best friend was far worse. Sunny mourned her father for a long time, and Hitch made sure to be there any time she needed to talk or cry. Thankfully, thankfully, his deputy and friend Sprout Cloverleaf, while prone to rudeness and insults, had refrained from any snide comments or hurtful words towards Sunny in the weeks following Argyle’s passing. The thought of Sunny and her father making the lantern and note, then sending it into the sky was very heartwarming.

Hitch looked around at the ponies surrounding the campfire. Izzy and Pipp smiled and touched their hooves together and Sunny and Zipp beamed at one another. All four of them seemed to have become best friends regardless of their short amount of time together. Even Pipp, who had just had her show ruined and been exiled from her home, seemed to have calmed down from the ordeal in order to forge deeper bonds with her new companions. Everything between them was true and right.

Hitch felt his heart sinking. It appeared that he was the odd one out in this setting. The one stallion among mares. The one pony out of the rest, too stubborn to change his mind about other pony kinds. And yet, he had seen what friendship was capable of. The four mares around him had connected in meaningful ways despite having just met a day ago. If that wasn’t remarkable, then Hitch didn’t know what was.

Along with this sad feeling, came a new emotion. Resolve. He was determined to set things right, whether that be his town, his friendships, or himself. If what Sunny said about magic was true or not, he would be with her till the end of this journey regardless. He would try to be the good friend that he used to be, not the judgmental and condemning one. He would seek connection with his new company of the sweet, energetic unicorn Izzy, the melodious pegasus Princess Pipp, and the astute and determined Princess Zipp. Now was as good a time as any to forge a better way.

“Hey um…” Hitch began. The four mares again faced him curiously. “I wanna do my part.” he said firmly. Sunny at first looked surprised, but her face soon shifted into a smile of heartfelt gratitude. Hitch smiled back, “What have we got to lose right?”

Izzy, Pipp, Zipp all shouted with glee at this statement. Zipp seemed particularly happy that he had finally changed tone. Her left foreleg shot into the air as she whooped and laughed loudly while the others cheered. While Zipp was more reserved most of the time, Hitch found this sprightly side of her to be enjoyable.

“I have to admit, a unicorn forest does sound kinda magical!” Hitch remarked.

Sunny giggled. “I’m glad you want to help. Thank you, Hitch.” He nodded.

The five ponies, all now truly befriended, talked and laughed by the campfire for a little while longer before laying down to sleep in preparation for the coming day’s expedition into the mysterious Bridlewood.


Hitch …did not fall asleep.

As they all settled in for the night, Hitch closed his eyes and slowed his breathing. While his body was weary from the journey to and escape from Zephyr Heights, it seemed his mind would not so easily rest. He could not stop thinking about how wrong he had been about everything he had thought he knew. His head was filled with thoughts about his conduct towards Sunny, his best friend. The sharp, hurtful words rang in his thoughts.

I tried to warn you. I can’t keep associating with somepony who breaks every rule and causes chaos wherever she goes. I’m the Sheriff!

All of that pony unity stuff was just a foals bedtime story made up by your dad.

I’m the last real friend you’ve got in this town. You really wanna lose me too?

Hitch grit his teeth as his chest began aching with regret. He thought the cracking of the fire’s embers would lull him to sleep, but his mind remained restless. He tried listening to the breathing of the ponies around him to calm down, but even Izzy’s soft mews and Pipp’s quiet mumbling of song lyrics could not ameliorate the pain he felt in his conscience.

Sunny had been right about everything all along, and he hadn’t believed her. He had fallen for the lies he was fed about unicorns and pegasi, and he let that come between him and his childhood friend. What if she hated him? What if behind her smile was anger and disappointment? What if she was rethinking her friendship with him now that she had others to rely on?

Hitch cracked open an eyelid. The others looked to be sound asleep with steady breathing. Pipp was on her back with her legs sticking up and occasionally twitching. She made small murmurs of, “Glowin’ up, f—find a glove, fly around…bu…bu.” Izzy laid on her side, her long blue mane covering her eyes as she snored. Sunny was curled into a ball and was breathing silently. And Zipp … Zipp had her head tucked under her wing and was facing away from the fire. They were all so peaceful. Hitch knew that he needed to clear his head if he ever wanted to achieve the sweet release of sleep as they had.

He slowly stood up and quietly walked away from the light of the blaze. Making his way around the rock ledge, he walked up the incline to its highest tip. Laying down on his belly, he looked up and marveled at the multitude of blue and white stars in the heavens lighting up the valley. Never in his life had he seen stars like this. When they were foals in Maritime Bay, Sprout would sometimes invite him and Sunny to look at the stars from atop the Canterlogic factory, but the light pollution from town had always prevented a full display. But out here in the wilderness, there was nothing besides the dim light of the fire to obscure this plethora of natural, beautiful light painted in the cosmos. Maybe this would calm his mind, he thought. But his worries continued in their ceaseless torture of his spirit. Hitch sat gazing at the stars for a time while he contemplated the past.

“Trouble sleeping, Sheriff?” spoke a voice from behind him.

He turned his head around and saw a pretty white pegasus with a multicolor pink, magenta, and sky-blue mane walking up the rocky ledge toward him. Zipp stopped a few feet away from him and gave a small smirk. It must have looked strange for him to leave the warmth of the fire to sit on this rocky point.

“Y—yeah” he said. He cleared his throat, frown still upon his face. “Trouble.”

Zipp’s face changed into one of worry. She saw now that something was bothering the stallion, and it may be why he had come up here all alone. Whatever it was, she felt an urge to help him.

She stepped closer, “…Mind if I … join you?” she asked with a more caring tone.

Hitch made eye contact with her before turning away. “No, I—I don’t mind.”

Zipp came up and laid down next to him with a few inches separating them. She watched Hitch with worried eyes as he looked down with a somber frown.

It must be something serious, she thought.

She then turned her head upwards and beheld the gallery of starlight. Her lips turned up in a smile as she observed for several minutes.

“Beautiful night, isn’t it?” she said. Hitch’s ears flicked up at the silence broken.

He turned towards her, then up to the sky again. “Yeah, it is.”

“Pipp and I almost never get to see stars at Zephyr Heights because of the artificial light. This is… remarkable.”

“Yeah…” Hitch half-heartedly replied.

Zipp decided to cut to the chase, “What’s on your mind Hitch?” she asked, turning to him again. “If—If you don’t mind me asking. I know we haven’t known each other very long, but, if there’s anything I can do…”

“No no, it’s fine.” replied Hitch. He paused for a moment before continuing. “I guess talking about it might help.” He breathed in. “It’s about Sunny, and…well…everything else.”

Zipp listened attentively as he spoke.

“All my life, I thought what I believed was true and right. As a foal, I was fed so many lies at school, in town, and by everyone I was close with, except for Sunny apparently. She always told my friend Sprout and I all kinds of wild sounding tales of the past, tales of unity and friendship, and I always thought those things were untrue. Even when her father Argyle showed me the textual and physical evidence for that unknown past, I still didn't trust his word. I always tried to be supportive of Sunny, but I couldn’t get behind something that I thought was too fantastical to be real. But now I realize that all this time, everything I learned was fake, and I wasn’t a good friend to Sunny because of that.”

“Hitch,” began Zipp. “You can’t blame yourself for the lies professed by others. They took advantage of you when you were young and could not think critically about what you were being taught. That’s what indoctrination is. Forcing one ideology and opinion onto ponies without introducing any others. None of that is your fault!”

“But I still went along with it!” Hitch grimaced. “Even as I got older, I still did as I was told without deeply questioning any of it. I became Sheriff and devoted myself to the good of the community. I took everything that Sunny said doubtfully, and even with her and her father trying to change things, nothing did. Maybe if I hadn’t been so stubborn, I could have helped them.”

Zipp sighed. Hitch was getting more upset with himself by the minute. Perhaps a brief change of subject would be beneficial. She wanted to comfort Hitch, but it was clear that he would not be calmed easily. She shifted a little closer to Hitch and set her fore-hoof on his.

“Let’s slow down a bit, Sheriff.” she said. “Sunny’s father. Can you tell me about him?”

Hitch made a quick glance toward her hoof on his, before replying.

“Argyle” Hitch had a melancholy smile. “I wish I had seen it sooner, but he was one of the smartest ponies I have ever known. He knew so much about our town’s history and had a knack for finding old artifacts. He loved his books almost as much as he loved his daughter. Even my friend Sprout, as narrow minded as he is, saw some value in his knowledge. Now, I honesty wish he had been my father. If only I had told him that before…” He stopped.

“Is he,” Zipp gulped. “Is he…gone?”

“Cancer.” Hitch said with a frown. “Sunny was devastated. At least I was there for her then. I just…couldn’t let her be alone. When we were younger, those two were inseparable. Argyle would take Sunny out to protest the rhetoric taught about other ponies in the school. He was convinced that such a form of education could have dire consequences.” He chuckled a little, “You should have seen them. Argyle would make the protest signs, and he would march around town with Sunny on his shoulders shouting messages about the Magic of Friendship. Sadly, they couldn’t do much to dissuade the education system or the Maritime Bay parliament. The ‘indoctrination’, as you put it, continued. And I learned it just like everypony else.”

Zipp turned away for a moment, “Argyle sounds like he was a good pony. I would have liked to have met him. And the brainwashing, yeah…We had plenty of that in Zephyr Heights too. My sister and I were privately schooled, but we still learned that ponies different from pegasi were not to be trusted. Earth ponies were said to be highly unintelligent, so we didn’t worry too much about them. Unicorns on the other hand were deemed the greatest threat because of their sorcery and powerful magic. Most of our defense resources were devoted to countering them. Mom always said that if we ever saw a unicorn, we needed to run away as fast as we could.”

She paused, then asked, “What…what exactly did they teach you about other pony kinds?” She faced him again curiously.

“Horrible things Zipp.” said Hitch. “We did drills in preparation for a unicorn invasion. We learned to build shields that would defect their horn lasers and how to use tin foil to prevent mind reading. They told us that if we were ever captured by a unicorn, he would drain us of all our knowledge until we were brainless husks. And I actually believed it!” Hitch growled and looked down in shame. How could he have been so stupid?

Zipp was scared to ask her next question, but she wanted to know the truth, no matter how harsh.

“…What about us pegasi?” she finally prompted.

Hitch sighed, “It was always the stories about pegasi that frightened me the most as a foal; that made me want to hide under my bed.” Zipp wore a hurt expression, but she needed to hear this. “They told us that while unicorns would take our minds, pegasi would take our lives. Some…some said that you were all cannibals, and that if you snatched us off the ground and carried us into the sky, you would tear us apart and eat us.”

“R-Really?” said Zipp, her eyes wide with shock.

“Yes,” Hitch said grimly. “No matter what Sunny told me, I couldn’t get the images out of my head. Luckily as I got older, I began to doubt the validity of those notions, but I still pursued a career as Sheriff to protect from any attacks on my home. I may not have thought that other pony kinds would kill me on sight or anything, but I still believed they were dangerous.”

Hitch turned to face Zipp and saw that she was distraught with the terrible things Hitch had described. She had tears in her eyes but steeled herself and did not let one escape. Hitch felt awful for having to reveal these things to her.

Zipp shifted her gaze away from him. “But…you don’t believe any of that now, right?” she asked.

“NO!” Hitch said quickly. He caught himself and lowered his voice again. “No—no of course not. I don’t believe any of it anymore. It couldn’t have been farther from the truth. When I came to Zephyr heights, I didn’t find a horde of monsters, I found a civilized society, made up of ponies bearing no difference from me besides having wings. When I arrived in your castle, I saw Pipp’s performance and was mesmerized to see her flying over the crowd and singing with such a harmonious voice. Then, of course, things went downhill, and my disguise got torn off, but the pegasi didn’t attack me; they looked just as startled and confused as I was. And to top it off, I find out that the pegasi can’t even fly! So getting away was surprisingly easy.”

Hitch looked over and admired the lovely pegasus mare beside him. “And then I…I met you after we escaped, and you were smart, brave, cunning, and—and beautiful!” Hitch stopped, realizing what he had just said.

Oh SHOOT, why did I say that! he thought.

Zipp turned back toward him, her eyes wide and mouth slightly ajar. If Hitch didn’t know any better, he could swear the saw a bit of pink appearing on her white cheeks. Hitch too blushed a little in embarrassment.

He continued, “A—Anyway, that’s pretty much the whole story. Everything I knew about the pony races has now been overturned by the sucker punch of truth that this adventure has delivered. I just…hate myself for how wrong I was all this time, how hard I was on Sunny.

“I’m…I’m worried, Zipp. I’m worried that Sunny is still mad at me, that she doesn’t need me as her friend anymore now that she has the four of you to help her.” A single tear ran down his cheek, but his words remained steady. “And I couldn’t blame her. I don’t think I deserve her friendship anymore.”

There it was all was out in the open now.

“So…that’s why you couldn’t sleep?” said Zipp sympathetically. “All that pent up guilt is coming to the surface?” Hitch nodded and looked downward again.

Zipp sighed. She was still a little flustered with Hitch’s comment on her appearance, so she took a few moments to choose her words carefully. She knew what she had to say.

“Hitch, look at me.” she said. Hitch turned his eyes to hers. “Do you really think you’re the only pony who has made those kinds of mistakes? That you’re the only one who has regrets?”

“Well, I—” he began, only for Zipp to continue.

“I already told you,” she asserted. “What happened between the three pony races was not your fault, nor what you were taught as a young foal. Yes, you may have been wrong about many things, but you were not alone in that! For a long time, I also believed that I should avoid unicorns and earth ponies at all costs. I lied to my own subjects about my family being able to fly! I accepted what I was taught as fact; that earth ponies were unintelligent and unicorns deadly, but not forever. I learned, I grew, and I rethought my original assumptions. I began to hate the lies and seek the truth. And just by listening, I know you have as well! You’ve already done so much Hitch.”

“But…But what about—”

“Sunny?” continued Zipp. “You think she secretly resents you huh? Well, I’ll tell you something, Sheriff; that’s a load of horse-apples!”

“But how do you know that!” Hitch shot back.

Zipp sighed, and her demeanor switched to one of lament. She spoke more softly now, “We all can mess up like that, Hitch. Look at me and Pipp. I ruined her show, the biggest show of her life. What went down in Zephyr Heights wasn’t part of the plan that Izzy, Sunny, and I devised. We were supposed to grab the crown and go. No disruptions, no secrets revealed, and no fallout. But that didn’t happen, did it? My sister was disgraced, our secrets were realized, and my mother is now in prison. I never cared much about our public image, but Pipp did! And I’m the one who destroyed it all. For that, I will always have regret.”

“Oh…Zipp…” breathed Hitch. The more he thought about it, the more it seemed he and the pegasus princess had in common. If anypony could understand what he was feeling right now, it was her.

“But even so,” Zipp turned her eyes up to the stars once more with a bittersweet smile. “I spoke with Pipp, and while she was angry, very angry, she also admitted that the idea of magic returning was a bright one. When you witness the passion and faith that Sunny has in this crystal theory of her’s, it’s hard not to get on board. Pipp wants magic too, but until then, until our mother is free, and until her reputation is restored, she will have some spite against me, but only so much as a sister can. This is where you and I are different, Hitch.”

Hitch cocked his head sideways, puzzled.

Zipp explained. “What Pipp resents me for is happening to us in the here and now. We are both experiencing the repercussions of my actions in Zephyr Heights. But with you and Sunny, all missteps and failures as her friend are in the past. What you did yesterday has no bearing on what happens tomorrow. And honestly, Hitch, how long have you known Sunny?”

Hitch smiled, “Since we were foals.”

“Exactly! Yet I’ve only known her for two days and I can already tell she isn’t one to hold grudges against ponies, not even those who truly wronged her. She’s literally one of the sweetest ponies I’ve ever met. Wouldn’t you agree, Sheriff?” she asked.

Hitch nodded and chuckled a little, “Yeah—yeah you’re right about that.”

“Then that’s it!” Zipp beamed at him. “So why don’t you stop worrying about stupid things like grudges and resent. Can’t you see? You’re forgiven, Hitch! You’ve changed from your old ways. I can see that, and so can Sunny.”

Hitch locked eyes with Zipp for several moments. She stared back, unblinking. Hitch realized the pegasus was being resolutely honest with her every word. She did certainly know what to say and when to say it. And truth, truth really could be a sucker punch sometimes. But even so, he still felt uncertain.

“You do make a good case, Zipp,” he told her with a sad smile, “and I appreciate everything you said, really. But I…I just don’t know. I want to believe what you say is true, that Sunny isn’t disappointed in me, but I don’t think I can just yet.”

“Alright then,” Zipp stood up. “How about you make me a promise?”

Hitch stood up beside her, “Promise? What kind of promise?”

“During the rest of this adventure of ours, promise me you’ll be the best friend you can be to Sunny. Support her and stand by her side. When this is all over, when you return to Maritime Bay, promise me you’ll talk to her, open up to her about these insecurities, and if you feel led, ask her for forgiveness. I know she will tell you the same thing I did, but I understand that you need to hear it from her.” She spoke boldly.

“That…does sound like a good plan.” replied Hitch after a moment’s consideration.

“So, we have a deal, Sheriff?” Zipp held out her fore-hoof.

“Yeah, we do.” Hitch straightened himself and put on his professional demeanor, “I promise I will stand with Sunny, and the rest of you, and face whatever comes. And when we get back home, I’ll talk with her about my worries and concerns. I promise.” He lifted his own fore-hoof and shook it with Zipp’s. It was settled.

Zipp let out a big smile before quickly leaning up and briefly nuzzling Hitch on the cheek. Hitch’s eyes widened and he blushed again at the pretty mare’s unexpected contact. Her face and mane were so soft!

“Now come on, Sheriff,” she said, grinning at his reaction. “Let’s get back to the fire and see if we can get some sleep. We’ve got a big day tomorrow.” She turned and started walking down the ledge.

Hitch, still blushing, shook his head and quickly called out, “Wait…Zipp?”

She stopped and turned her head toward him, “Yes, Hitch?”

He trotted up beside her and smiled with gratitude. “Thank you. For everything.”

She nodded, “You’re welcome, Hitch. I don’t like to see sadness on that handsome face of yours” she finished, before continuing to walk down the rock and around toward their sleeping friends.

Once again, Hitch had to shake himself out of his stupor at Zipp’s remark before joining her in the light of the fire. It was beginning to dim, so Hitch and Zipp quietly added some wood and got the blaze to rise again. The two didn’t speak, so as to not wake the other ponies, but Zipp had to hold in a giggle at Hitch’s flustered expression. The three other mares remained sound asleep, unaware that two of their companions had departed for some time. Finally, the two settled in for the night.

Hitch laid down a couple of feet from the fire and let its heat blanket him. He gazed one last time at the dazzling stars above before resting his head on the ground and closing his eyes. However, they immediately shot open again as he felt a presence beside him.

He turned and saw that Zipp had laid next to him, their sides touching, and had rested her chin on the ground as well. Her eyes were closed but her face bore a triumphant grin. She knew exactly what she was doing. Hitch couldn’t say anything now for fear of waking the others, and honestly, the more he thought about it, the more he was okay with this current position.

He quietly sighed and smiled. What a sly mare, he thought.

Resting his head on the ground he closed his eyes and slowed his breathing. This time, he didn’t hear his own hurtful words to Sunny repeating. This time his mind didn’t keep replaying his past mistakes. No, this time he was completely peaceful. As the fire cracked and the night crickets began their chirps, Hitch began to drift off. While he dosed, he felt Zipp shift beside him and drape her wing over his back, making him feel a little warmer and more comfortable.

Sleep came then, and it was the serene, dreamless sleep that is most refreshing to ponies who have been afflicted with heartache, desperately needing rest.

And now, all was right in the valley beneath the blanket of stars.

The End

Comments ( 19 )

I tried to warn you. I can’t keep associating with somepony who breaks every rule and causes chaos wherever she goes. I’m the Sheriff!

All of that pony unity stuff was just a foals bedtime story made up by your dad.

I’m the last real friend you’ve got in this town. You really wanna lose me too?

Yeah I remember that how hurtful that was I mean I get what he's coming from but still it was pretty painful to say that

Comment posted by Muko987 deleted Jan 8th, 2023
Comment posted by Muko987 deleted Jan 8th, 2023

“Cancer.” Hitch said with a frown. “Sunny was devastated. At least I was there for her then. I just…couldn’t let her be alone. When we were younger, those two were inseparable.

It is so sad that's sunny lost her father there was so many theories about that but still doesn't change the fact that he is gone

I got to say this is a pretty nice story especially your first story not bad so we kind of know what happened during the scene of the camp with the main five but hitch is starting to feel guilty for what happened in the past and specially what he said to Sunny after the disaster of the Canterlogic and basically staring at the stars trying to make himself feel better but he still feels guilty until Zipp came along and they basically talk to each other how they felt about this whole situation and how they've been taught throughout their years about other ponies which both of them still regret for what happened although he was kind of cute that both of them kind of like each other lol yeah I like those shipping between those two but anyway he's starting to feel better same with zipp whatever happens throughout their Journey they're going to face it together again very nice story especially your first time keep up the good work

11471833
I appreciate your kind words. This was the first completed Fanfic that I have written, and I decided to post it here. Thanks for giving it a chance.

11471856
No problem 😊

Still not enough Zitch on this site.

And stories like this make me only want more.

11471874
One of the reasons I wrote, and posted this Fic. Not enough StormBlazer stories. Plenty of PippXHitch and SunnyXHitch, a few IzzyXHitch(which i actually like to see sometimes), but when it comes to ZippXHitch, it's really rare here. So I thought I would contribute.

Always a pleasure to see another Stormblazer story. I was actually a Pitch shipper when G5 started out but Hitch and Zipp have so much chemistry in the movie/show that it made me come around.

Very sweet story. Though I can't help but feel this point would be a little too early for them to develop feelings for each other. And Hitch blurting out about how beautiful he thought Zipp was felt really awkward. But nevertheless, very good and well written story and another win for the Stormblazer community!

Nice work. :raritywink:

While I have to say that the dialogue is a little awkward at times, overall this isn't half bad for your first story. And I know I'm not the first to say it, it is nice to see another Stormblazer fic. Well done.

11472037
Yes, I figured some would say that, and honestly I agree. As I was writing, I realized that it probably would have been fine to just have them talking and not have any 'shippy' moments between them. Regardless of that, my original intent for writing this was to have a StormBlazer shipping story, and I would have been damned if I didn't fulfill that.

Ah, nice story, thank you for writing this.

As a shipper of Hitch and Zipp, this story gets my thumbs up.

That was nice little story extending the campfire scene in a fun way.

That was cute! :twilightblush:

To the tune of high on a feeling:


I really enjoyed that!

I really liked it!

Pony cha cha pony cha cha!

This was fantastic! This little interlude was EXACTLY what I was hoping to see in the film; slightly more mature moments and more character development. Went back and reread it three times. SO much better than my own work; I'm envious. :scootangel:

11620930
I’m flattered, really, but I consider your writing to be far superior to this. I appreciate the kind words though!

Login or register to comment