• Published 29th Nov 2022
  • 3,262 Views, 166 Comments

Spike's Omnitrix - JSan82

  • ...
7
 166
 3,262

And So It Begins

Author's Note:

This is my first attempt on writing a crossover story featuring one of my favorite dragons, Spike. I love Ben 10 and I believe the crossover should be good. Hope you like.

Within the depths of space, right near a planet known as Jupiter, there is a cruiser carrying precious cargo. Then, there is a ship much larger shooting laser cannons and missiles at the intended target. The one responsible for the raid is nonother than Vilgax.

Vilgax is a humanoid creature with a face resembling that of an octopus. He has tentacles dangling in the front of his face, like a beard. His skin is pale-green with yellowish spots on his face and tentacles; He doesn't have a nose or a visible ear. He has red eyes. He wears a black and red-brownish armored suit and gloves; His armor is spiked at the shoulder and arm pads. He has green sacs on the sides of his head. His mouth was attached to the sacs by a respirator.

Vilgax is an intergalactic alien warlord and conqueror seeking to obtain the Omnitrix. The Omnitrix is a weapon with advanced technology to turn into other alien species across the cosmos. Vilgax intends to use the Omnitrix to create an unstoppable army to plague galaxies for his conquest.

The ship getting bombarded by Vilgax's cruiser belongs to Xylene. Xylene's spaceship is shaped in a very peculiar manner, being mostly horizontal but with a ring surrounding the back of the ship, seemingly acting both as thrusters and landing gear. It is navy blue, with some components being green.

Xylene is in charge of delivering the Omnitrix to its destination. She knew that Vilgax would attempt to steal the Omnitrix but won't go down without a fight. She commands her crew to deploy lasers and shields to protect the Omnitrix from the clutches of a tyrant.

Xylene has mint green skin, with two tentacles on her head and one on her lower back. She has four long fingers and ankles that bend inward; Her feet have three claw-like toes, two pointing forwards and one pointing backward. Xylene also wears a tight blue jumpsuit.

Vilgax sits on his throne in the command station of his cruiser, known as the Chimeran Hammer. It's a legendary battle cruiser that's greatly feared by many in the cosmos. The Chimeran Hammer is an immense ship brown with orange egg-like constructs all around, used to accent the body and some used as portholes. Shape-wise, it resembles an Earth taser, with two long extended pieces constantly generating orange electricity between them. Its back end features a propulsion system that resembles wires holding a ball of red energy.

Within Chimeran Hammer, Vilgax commands a robotic army since robots do not hold emotions. Robots would not question his command or be afraid since Vilgax is largely feared. Vilgax's minions are known as Bioids. Bioids are robotic humanoids that are black and orange.

Xylene's spaceship shoots lasers, damaging the Chimeran Hammer. The Bioids report that their ship has sustained damage.

"I have come too far to be denied. The Omnitrix shall be mine!" Vilgax proclaims. He feels destined to wield its power for his gain. "There is not a being in the galaxy that dares stand in my way!" Vilgax slams his arm on the throne's armrest.

A crew of Xylene's ship confirms critical damage taken by Chimeran Hammer. Her ship will not withstand another attack. Chimeran Hammer continues to bombard Xylene's spaceship with heavy artillery.

A Bioid sees the backends of Xylene's spaceship getting blown up by a laser strike. "Their propulsion systems have been destroyed."

"Prepare to board. I want the Omnitrix now!" Vilgax commands.

"Xylene! We lost control!" Xylene's crew reports to her after receiving mass damage.

"Prepare to deploy the Omnitrix in the probe and wait for my signal to launch it!" Xylene commands. She would rather have the Omnitrix in a distant part of the galaxy than in Vilgax's grasp.

"Yes, Ma'am!" Xylene's crewmates shout, getting the Omnitrix in the probe launcher.

"Fire at the head of Chimeran Hammer!" Xylene commands, knowing it'll slow Vilgax's possible boarding on her ship.

Xylene's crew retaliates with a laser strike, hitting the command station of Chimeran Hammer. Vilgax took massive damage from the blow. The lower half of his body is gone, rendering him helpless. The Bioids rush to their master and carry the remains of Vilgax into a healing tube. With Chimeran Hammer in smokes, it shoots another laser, destroying half of Xylene's ship.

"Damn it!" Xylene knows it's only a matter of time before the boarding process commences. "Launching probe now!" She hits a button to activate the sequence. She sighs in relief, hoping the Omnitrix is safe from evil intentions.

It's a beautiful day in the lands of Equestria. Spike overhears Twilight going camping with all of her friends. All except him. Spike wished to go camping and spend time with Twilight and the others. However. Twilight had ignored Spike and was oblivious to his feelings.

"I've never done anything but work with Twilight. I wish I could do more than work all the damn time!" Spike frustratedly shouts. It's good that no one is around to hear his cries of anger. "I want to experience the life of camping!" Spike contemplates a bit. He's deciding whether to go alone or go with friends.

An hour after putting much thought, Spike decided to go camping alone. With Empress Ember and Thorax busy ruling their kingdoms and Smolder spending quality time with her friends, Spike doesn't have much to ask. He thought about Discord, but he would cause chaos and ruin his first camping experience. Big McIntosh would refuse since no one else would attend Sweet Apple Acres since Applejack is going with Twilight and the others.

Spike is packing up for three days and two nights. He'll leave a note for Twilight stating that Princess Celestia has summoned him for private affairs. Spike needs a good cover story so Twilight won't pop in and teleport him back to the castle, though he feels a little discouraged to lie. However, when has Twilight spent any time with him when she was free? Only with Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash.

After another hour, Spike is ready to embark on his camping trip in solitude. He sees that the sun is setting. With a map in his claw, Spike reads it and takes flight.

"If I remember correctly, Twilight wanted to take her friends to the Tree of Harmony. So, for my camping trip to go undisturbed, I need to be away from the Tree of Harmony. Anywhere near a river will do."

Spike flies past the Everfree Forest and turns away from the glance of the Castle of the Two Sisters. His instincts are to go to Twilight, but she made a list specifically for her friends, not him. Spike is used to being alone from all the times Twilight went on her adventures and outgoings, so for the next three days, it'll be a norm for him. Spike sees the perfect spot for him to pitch a tent. A vast space with trees circling the area. He sees the river not far, which will be perfect for him to fish.

Spike lands in the middle of the vast space and unloads his backpack. He pitches his tent while humming a song, he thought. Half an hour later, Spike finishes pitching his tent. He sees the beautiful night skies that Princess Luna conjured after raising the moon. Spike smiles widely, but it slowly fades. With no friends to embrace the night sky with him, the feeling becomes dread, like he's alone in the castle.

"No!" Spike shrugs the uneasy feeling. "I'm here to have fun, and that's all I'm having!" Spike's stomach growls. "Oh, right. I skipped lunch with the feeling of being left out on a camping experience," Spike reaches for a bag of trail mix he made back at the castle. It consists of peanuts, berries, and small gemstones.

Spike is sitting on the ground looking up, wondering about his future with Princess Twilight Sparkle. "Will I continue to be her assistant forever? Is that all I'm going to be? Sure. I am a hero at the Crystal Empire, but Twilight doesn't take me with her there. She takes her friends but leaves me behind..," Spike sheds a tear. "Am I not her friend or just an assistant? I wish I could be more than an assistant. I wish I had a calling in life than being a helper to the Princess who gets left behind! I want destiny to call on me! I want to embrace a life of adventure that is for me!" Spike shouts since no one is around to hear him.

After shouting, Spike calms down. "I wish to embrace a new adventure with friends I can call upon..," Spike looks up to see a shooting star. It's orange with a trail of smoke. "Whoa, it's a shooting star. I wonder if it'll grant my wish!" Then the shooting star redirects itself, causing it to come straight at Spike. "Crud!" Spike gets up and moves out of the way. He jumps right before the shooting star crash; Spike pants heavily and wonders why a shooting star would change course after a glimpse of its' beauty.

Spike gets up after seeing the crash landing of the shooting star. It created a crater and wiped out several trees. Spike gets closer and feasts his eyes on a metallic sphere. While standing near the small hole, the ground collapses, causing Spike to fall.

"What is that thing?" Spike gets closer to the sphere and backs away when it opens. Inside, a green light shines. Spike walks closer to inspect what's inside. "A watch?" The watch looks like a large wristwatch, primarily black and grey, with a grey or black dial in the middle, which has a green hourglass shape. It has a circular tube. "Cool watch," Spike reaches for it. That's when the watch attaches itself to Spike's left arm. "Whoa, this is freaky!" Spike panics and tries to shake it off but to no avail. "Get off of me! Get off of me!" Spike tries several times and gives up.

Spike flies out of the crater and sits on the ground. He feels and observes the watch latched onto him. "Wow, I guess you answered my call, huh?" Spike talks to the watch. "You and I are intertwined now. That means an adventure is about to take place. The question is, what happens next?" Spike ponders a bit. "Hmm, what do you do exactly, my new friend?" Spike twists the watch, which triggers the faceplate to rise, revealing a silhouette of an unknown creature. "Wow, that looks cool. I wonder what will happen if I press down on it," Spike presses the faceplate back down. "Gah!" A green flash bursts.

Spike feels his scales transforming immediately. Spike's body is composed of a super hot inner plasma covered by dark reddish-brown volcanic rocks. His body radiates high amounts of heat. His feet have a slight oval-like design with only two toes and one back toe. His tongue is also made of fire while his collarbone resembles a volcano which generates a fiery hair that covers his head, leaving his mask-like face visible with no nose or ears. The hourglass insignia of the watch is placed on the center of Spike's body. He appears to be six foot two inches tall.

"Wow," Spike looks at his arms. One thing about being a dragon is getting used to extreme heat, but judging from his new physique. Spike is literally made of fire. "I wonder what I can do with this new form," Spike sees his hands yellow-orange with four fingers. He looks at a tree. "Time to test out my new abilities!" Spike sticks out his index finger and shoots a flaming bullet at a tree branch, blowing it off. "AWESOME!" Spike does a fist pump. "Let's see what else I can do!" Spike claps his hands and forges a fireball. His excitement gets the better of him; He throws it at several trees. "Yeah! Watch it burn!" Spike realizes his mistake. "Uh oh," Spike inadvertently causes a forest fire. "Not good! Not good! Not good!" Spike rushes into the forest fire and tries to stomp the fire on the ground. It creates more of a spark. "Aw, crap!" Spike grabs the back of his head. More trees burn as branches fall apart. "What to do?! What to do?!" The fire continues to spread. "I'm going to be in so much trouble!"

Twilight Sparkle and her friends had a rough day traveling into the forest. It was like their friendship was getting tested along the way. They arrive at the campsite to see it destroyed. Twilight groans a bit after everything she and her friends endured. Pinkie, on the other hoof, laughs it off.

"This was the WORST. DAY. EVER!" Pinkie smiles in glee.

Twilight, Starlight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie laugh in unison.

"C'mon, every pony. We can fix this campsite in no time," Starlight encouragingly says.

"Spoken like a true camper," Applejack said. She's impressed with Starlight for embracing the greatness of camping.

"Eh, don't push it," Starlight says. She's still not in favor of camping but is to spend time with her friends.

Many birds chirp in fear which catches Fluttershy's attention. The birds see Fluttershy and alarm her of a forest fire happening not far from them.

"Fluttershy, what's wrong?" Twilight asks. She sees the worry written on Fluttershy's face.

"There's a forest fire happening as we speak!" Fluttershy shouts in horror.

"WHAT?!" The rest of the girls freaked out. Then they see smoke coming from the skies.

"Rainbow, gather as many clouds as to put out the forest fire!" Twilight commands.

"On it!" Rainbow Dash zooms off, locating the nearest clouds to gather.

"Starlight, I want you to come with me. We're going to create a barrier to ensure that the forest fire doesn't spread," Twilight said. "The rest of you help Fluttershy and escort the animals away from the fire!"

"Right, let's go!" The girls shout in unison. It's time to save the night.

Twilight, Starlight, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Rarity gallop toward the direction of the forest fire. Meanwhile, Spike is figuring out the best solution to wipe out the forest fire.

"Since water is not an option, I wonder if starting a new fire would cancel each other out," Spike takes a deep breath. He hopes that his theory is correct. Otherwise, the fire would be too much to handle.

Spike runs off to the other side of the forest fire, where he believes it'll be a good position to start a new one. Once he's in the clear, the sounds of running hooves become louder.

"Uh, oh," Spike looks back to see Twilight and Starlight coming near.

"Twilight!" Starlight stops herself from crashing into Spike. "WHAT IS THAT THING?!" Starlight is terrified by Spike's new form.

"It's going to be obliterated in the next second!" Twilight ignites her horn, preparing herself to vaporize Spike.

"Twilight! Stop! It's me, Spike!" Spike shouts.

Twilight is confused. The creature towering over her does not sound like Spike. The creature's voice sounds deep and raspy.

"Spike?" Now Starlight is confused. Yet again, Spike will never hurt any friend of his. "Prove it."

"Twilight put a curse on her plush, Miss Smarty Pants, to force a friendship problem so she can solve it," Spike replies. He laughs a bit, seeing Starlight's shocked face with her jaw hanging.

Twilight steps forward. "It is you..," Then a spark enrages her. "What's the meaning of this!? Why are you out here?! Why do you look like that?! YOU HAVE A LOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO, YOUNG DRAGON!" Twilight is infuriated. A top of a tree burns off. It's about to plummet on Twilight and Starlight when Spike punches it, incinerating it. She and Starlight are dumbfounded by Spike's new power.

"We'll talk later!" Spike said. He urges Twilight and Starlight to flee before getting choked up by the smoke.

Starlight snaps out of her trance. "Spike, start a new fire and let it burn into the old fire. They'll snuff each other out. Think you can do it, Spike?"

"Shooting flames? I can definitely do that," Spike runs away to get breathing room from the flames.

"You think that will work?" Twilight asks Starlight. She's worried about the fires expanding more when they collide.

"I read a manual about fire safety and protocols. I know what I'm talking about, Twilight," Starlight replies.

Spike stops at the other side of the forest fire when he sees Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie galloping. They gasp in horror and believe he's the reason why there is a fire judging from the outlook.

"What in tarnation?" Applejack is perplexed about seeing a new creature existing.

"What a wretched beast!" Rarity shouts in disgust.

"He's hot!" Pinkie Pie laughs at her pun.

"It's me, Spike! Watch this!" Spike extends his arm, shooting a heat wave at the trees in front of him.

Rainbow Dash returns with the clouds to witness the fires clashing with each other. Rainbow Dash watches how the fires get snuffed out in amazement. "That was the coolest thing I saw today," Rainbow Dash looks down at the fiery monster. "That's twenty percent cooler 'cause I get to fight a monster!" Rainbow Dash flaps her wings and soars down to tackle the demon.

"Rainbow, stop!" Starlight sees Rainbow Dash about to collide with Spike. Using her magic, she withheld Rainbow Dash from the impact.

"Hey, what was that for?!" Rainbow Dash is livid that she can't beat up the monster.

"Rainbow, it's me, Spike," Spike said.

"Spike?" Rainbow Dash is confused. She knows this creature is lying from the tone of his voice.

"Probably best not to touch Spike unless you want to get burned," Twilight said. She's upset with Spike about his new transformation.

"What happened, Spike?" Rarity is appalled by his physical appearance.

"Yes, do tell. Explain why you were out here, to begin with?!" Twilight is fuming.

"Calm down, Twilight. I'm sure there's a reason for all of this. Come to our camp, Spike," Starlight reassuringly says.

"Okay," Spike said in defeat.

Ten minutes later. Spike arrives at a destroyed campsite. Nonetheless, it doesn't take long for the girls to fix it up nicely. Spike would help but fears he'll burn their tents. Applejack puts a few logs in the center of the ring of rocks. Spike shoots a small flame to ignite the campfire.

Everyone sits around the campfire. Spike looks down, mentally preparing himself for any question Twilight may ask for interrogation. Twilight calmed herself long enough to try and be fair with Spike.

"Spike," Twilight calls his name. "What happened?"

"Why are you like a flaming torch monster?! How did you turn into it?! Can you teach me how to do it!? Can you-" Twilight interrupts Pinkie's pestering questions.

"Pinkie!" Twilight angrily shouts.

"Oops, my bad," Pinkie replies. She reaches for a bag of marshmallows to roast.

Spike sighs. "After the day ended in the School of Friendship, I overheard that you had plans to take your friends camping. I got excited, but you decided not to include me. After much thought, I decided to go camping in solitude."

"That's because you had chores at the castle, mister," Twilight responds.

"Psst, whatever," Spike's feelings are hurt. Again with the chores excuse. He sounds annoyed.

"Pardon me?" Twilight didn't like the attitude coming from Spike. Tensions are rising, and the girls are not liking it. "What do you mean by whatever?"

Spike stands up. "It's the same excuse you tell me every time!" The fiery hairs erupt like a volcano in anger. The girls were not expecting this outburst from Spike. "You talk about hanging out with your friends constantly! Am I not your friend? NO! Because you're blind to see it! You see me as an assistant and nothing more! You have no idea how much you have taken me for granted! You tell me I'm your friend but have completely pushed me aside! YOU SAY YOU'RE GOING TO BE WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON MANY OUTGOINGS, ADVENTURES, AND PARTIES! WHAT ABOUT ME?! YOU LEAVE ME BEHIND IN THE CASTLE TO DO ALL THE WORK WHILE YOU SPOIL YOURSELF WITH YOUR FRIENDS! I AM DONE TAKING CARE OF YOUR SORRY ASS!" Spike finishes his rant. The flames of his hair decrease. He takes many deep breaths cause it's been eating him alive for so long.

Twilight tears up a bit after taking it all in; It's true. Twilight left Spike behind many times and had all the opportunities to have him come along to many of her social gatherings. She doesn't remember helping Spike clean the castle or having him around. She preplanned a camping trip with her friends but not inviting the one friend who stood beside her for many years. It's rare to hear Spike use a swear word, but he's on point.

"So," Pinkie breaks the ice. "Are you going to stay like that fiery demon forever, or what?"

"I don't know," Spike replies. He hears and sees a red blinking alarm on his hourglass insignia go off, reverting him to the dragon he once was. "Whoa..," Spike looks at his arms. His scales are purple, and he sees the watch now red instead of green.

"Cool watch, Spike! Let me try it on!" Pinkie hurries over to remove the watch. She fails in her attempt for pulling it off. She tries to bite it off, but it won't budge. "Aw, it won't come off!" Pinkie is upset. She wanted to turn into the fire demon.

"So," Rainbow Dash hovers over to Spike. "It won't come off?"

"No. I tried everything. The watch is alive, and it latched onto my wrist. It came from the skies," Spike points up.

"Spike..," Twilight said in tears. "I'm.., I'm.., I'm so sorry for neglecting you.., abandoning you like that..," Twilight sniffs. She's aware of the pain she inflected Spike throughout the years. "Can you forgive me..?"

Spike sees Twilight and reads her body language. She's wrapped up in guilt and shame. She hates herself for becoming a horrible friend to Spike. She can't call herself a friend to Spike from how she took care of him. Well, more like him taking care of her.

Spike decides not to allow his emotions to get the better of him despite wanting retribution. He now has great power, which comes with great responsibility. Spike walks up to Twilight and hugs her. Twilight hugs back, crying her eyes out and vowing to never make the same mistake again. The girls promise to invite Spike more often whenever they devise a get-together. Pinkie Pie feels awful for forgetting to include Spike in any of her parties thrown.

After the hug, Twilight insists Spike to stay and have fun camping with their friends. Spike accepts Twilight's proposal.

In the outer reaches of space, Vilgax waits, anxious for his prized possession. A Bioid enters the healing chambers to report to Vilgax about the boarding process.

"What do you mean it's not there?" Vilgax is not pleased. "This battle nearly costs me my life, and you say the Omnitrix is no longer on board the transport?"

"Sensors indicate a probe was jettisoned from the ship just before boarding. It landed on an isolated planet not far from our position," The Bioid confirms.

Vilgax turns to one of the robotic soldiers. "Go. Bring it to me!" Vilgax watches his soldier leave the healing chambers to depart from the Chimeran Hammer.

While roasting marshmallows, everyone hears Spike's watch making a bleep sound. It turns from red to green.

"So, it has a timer," Spike twists the faceplate, and it rises.

"Cool!" Pinkie scoots over to Spike to see the image displayed.

"So, that's how it works?" Twilight examines the watch while trying not to trigger the transformation.

"Yea. I'm trying to see how it functions," Spike twist the faceplate to see what happens. New images appear.

"So, what was it like being a fire freak?" Rainbow Dash asks.

"I felt like I was somebody else while I maintained consciousness. It was weird, but it was natural," Spike sees something intriguing to turn into. "Girls, you may want to step back. Also, it may cause you to shield your eyes."

"Okay, Spike," Twilight and the other step back a few inches.

"Here we go," Spike presses the faceplate. A green flash bursts.

Spike feels his body changing once more. He's turning into an orange dog-like creature with no eyes, ears, nose, or tail. He stands on all fours. His teeth are very defined, and his bottom jaw sticks out of his mouth. The various spines found across his body function similarly to whiskers with tactile sensing and are not fur. There's a shoulder pad adoring the hourglass symbol on the front left of Spike's arm. Spike roars after the transformation.

Twilight, Starlight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack open their eyes. They see Spike as an actual beast.

"Spike? Is that you?" Twilight walks closer. She can't believe the second creature has no eyes, nose, or ears.

Pinkie waves her arm in front of Spike's face. "Can you see what I'm doing?"

"Aw, such a cute dog," Fluttershy trots to Spike and rubs under his chin. Spike coos a bit.

"Wow, I thought the other beast was hard to look at," Rarity said. She didn't mean to be rude but had no other words to describe Spike. To her, she's looking at a horrid beast.

Rainbow Dash gets an idea. She grabs a stick and hovers behind Spike; she's preparing to swing at his behind.

Three gill-like nostrils located on the side of Spike's neck open up. Spike can feel and hear Rainbow Dash's movements. Rainbow Dash attempted to swing but missed horribly due to Spike's reaction time. Spike is above the stairs. He smiles.

"Wow!" Twilight is amazed by the reaction time. "Spike, you can't see and smell, but your other senses are heightened! What else can you do?!" Twilight wants to document everything about the mutt Spike turned into.

"You got lucky, Spike," Rainbow claims. "I'll hit you, eventually!"

"Rainbow," Twilight sternly says. She doesn't like the sound of Rainbow abusing Spike. That is something she must never do again now that she realizes it.

"Hehe," Rainbow nervously chuckles. "Sorry, Twilight. Sorry, Spike!"

Spike does a front flip, landing on all fours. Pinkie Pie claps for the maneuver Spike performed.

"Say, Twilight. Don't you think we should report to the Princesses about Spike's discovery?" Applejack asks.

"We'll go to them after our camping trip is finished. I just persuaded Spike to stay with us. I don't want him to think we're switching gears."

"Are there better-looking beasts inside that watch?" Rarity asks.

Spike hears something coming from the skies. He hops up and follows the sound.

"SPIKE! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?" Twilight shouts. She was not expecting Spike to take off.

"You think he heard something that we couldn't hear, Twilight?" Rainbow Dash asks.

"Probably. Let's follow Spike and see what he senses," Twilight and Rainbow Dash fly in hot pursuit while the girls gallop up the stairs.

Spike jumps on a tree branch. He leaps forward while listening to the sounds of a crashing not far. The three gill-like nostrils open, giving him the sense of echo direction. The echoes go quiet. Spike decides to wait and hear if something comes to him.

Spike cancels the shouts of Twilight's voice to concentrate. His three gill-like nostrils open, allowing Spike to jump down, avoiding a laser attack that shatters a tree. Spike swings while a drone continues to shoot laser after detecting what it's after.

"Twilight, you hear that!?" Rainbow hears the sounds of trees getting blown up by an unknown source.

"I hope it's not Spike's doing," Twilight flies faster, hoping to see what's causing the carnage.

Spike uses his three gill-like nostrils to hear whatever is after him. A mechanized drone hovers over the area. It's shaped like a ufo at first, but it expands. It has a head with a camera setting. It also has several small limbs armed with lasers and blades attached. Spike climbs a tree and lunges himself onto the robot. It fires a red laser, trying to annihilate the intended target. Instead, the robot shot many trees down with its' laser. Spike bites the limb and tears it apart. The robot tries to shrug Spike off. It crashes into several trees in its' attempt.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash see the robot fly past them with Spike riding on top of it.

"WHOA! YOU SEE THAT, TWILIGHT?!" Rainbow Dash is flabbergasted at seeing a strange creature.

"I have never seen technology so advanced! I must study it!" Twilight zooms after the robot and Spike.

Spike tears off the head and senses the robot is about to crash into a tree. He hears the warning of the hourglass flashing red. He jumps off right before it's about to crash, reverting to his dragon self.

"That was a close one," Spike pants after fighting the robot. He becomes terrified when he sees another robot. Just like the one he destroyed approached him. "Crud."

"Stay away from our friend!" Applejack uses her lasso to pull the robot down and bucks her hind legs at it. She's able to put a dent in a laser limb.

Starlight ignites her horn and uses her magic to destroy the robot. It explodes. She made sure it was down.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash catch up. Twilight is disappointed that both robots left nothing for her to study but is happy to see her friends are safe from danger.

"Is every pony alright?" Twilight asks her friends. "Are you alright, Spike?"

"I'm alright. I think those things are after my watch," Spike said.

"Twilight," Applejack trots up to her. "We need to go to Canterlot. We can't delay this, especially with a threat more powerful on its' way."

"Okay," Twilight sighs and complies with Applejack. "Let's get going."

Spike burps a letter in front of the girls. Twilight reads the letter. "We are needed in Ponyville, ASAP!"

In Ponyville, there's a towering attack robot standing forty feet tall with more humanoid features and three insectoid legs. It has large claws that shoot lasers. Ponies in Ponyville scream in terror and run away from the titan. The Wonderbolts, led by Spitfire, try to stop the robot's tyranny but get blasted out of the sky. The Royal Guards throw their spears which do no damage. Unicorns of the Royal Guards use their magic for offensive purposes. Their spells didn't put a dent into the physique of the robot. It shoots lasers at them, destroying the magic shields they conjured up.

Spike flies with Twilight and Rainbow Dash to Ponyville; Starlight, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy arrive moments later. They see the robot wreaking havoc. Spike's watch turns from red to green.

"Okay, this is the plan. I'll turn into another creature to battle that thing. You and the girls should help evacuate ponies to safety."

"Alright, Spike. Please be careful," Twilight said. She's worried that the watch is draining Spike's life force or something of that magnitude.

"Don't worry, I will," Spike twists the faceplate of the watch. He scrolls to see which of the creatures will be best suited. "Here we go!" Spike slams on the faceplate. A green light bursts.

Spike's body starts crystallizing. He becomes a super-hard, greenish-blue diamond-like creature. Spike's body is composed of durable pale green crystals. He sports four crystal shards on his back and has a sharp head. His eyes are yellow. Spike is wearing a uniform that is black on the right half and white on the left, with a black patch on the left shoulder where the hourglass symbol is on.

"Whoa, this is cool. I'm so glad I don't have the craving to devour myself," Spike said.

"Hey, Spike. Can I have a piece of you?" Rarity is scheming many fashionable ideas by using Spike's crystal.

"NO!" Spike angrily responds. He runs after the robot near the city hall.

"That was rude," Rarity didn't like Spike's reply. She finds it offensive.

"Rarity, we have other matters to attend to," Applejack reminds Rarity to help evacuate the citizens of Ponyville.

"Oh, alright," Rarity still wants a literal piece of Spike's new creature.

Spike confronts the robot at city hall. Every pony around is confused to see another creature. They hope he's here to help them out.

"Hey, ugly!" Spike grabs the robot's attention. "Pick on somebody your own size."

The robot scans Spike and analyzes the Omnitrix. It shoots a laser at him. Spike gets hurled into a house from the impact, not knowing the capabilities of this new creature. The robot shoots again, blowing up the house. Spike's arm turns into a sharp-edge blade; He cuts the debris like paper. Then shards extend from his arm.

"Cool," Spike sees the robot drawing near. He runs up and tries to cut one of the legs off. The robot jumps up and spins its legs like a tornado. It lands on Spike, pinning him to the ground and creating a wider crater from the impact. "Okay, didn't see that coming."

The robot picks up Spike and chucks him into another house. The robot shoots another laser, destroying the house.

Spike gets up. He reads and times the robot's next move. The robot grabs him again and plans on ripping Spike's arm off. It was a bad move for the robot when Spike turns his arm into a sharp-edge blade, ripping the hand off the robot.

"Gotcha!" Spike shouts in delight. Then the robot uses its other hand to blast Spike into another building. Spike gets an idea about using the lasers against the robot. "Hey, stupid! Follow me!" Spike runs out of the building and stands behind him. He turns his other arm into a sharp-edge blade and stands still, preparing for another laser attack. The robot proceeds to shoot another laser at Spike. "What comes around goes around!" Spike redirects the laser, hitting the robot. The top half of the robot gets blown up while the lower half collapse. Then it explodes.

Many ponies were amazed to see how the robot fell. They question their hero and who it is. Unfortunately, Twilight and her friends did not witness the battle. They were busy helping ponies flee from Ponyville. Spike decides to leave before a cult following gives birth and pesters him with many questions.

Vilgax's cruiser is above the planet of Equus. He saw on his monitor how a young dragon is in sole possession of the Omnitrix. He's irate that his robots did not get the job done in obtaining the Omnitrix. Vilgax vows to hang Spike on his trophy wall once he's recovered.

Spike arrives inside the Crystal Castle. He hears the alarms of the hourglass blinking and sounding off. Spike is his dragon self again. "Alright, I'll admit. That was exhilarating. I can get used to this," Spike does a fist pump in satisfaction. Spike burps out another letter. Since Twilight is not around, he reads it. "Spike, I want you and your friends in Canterlot Castle. Do not delay. Signed, Princess Luna."