• Published 29th Nov 2022
  • 3,293 Views, 166 Comments

Spike's Omnitrix - JSan82

  • ...
7
 166
 3,293

Changes

It's a beautiful sunny day in Ponyville. Twilight's alarm clock sounds off at 7:30. She uses magic to shut off the ringer and yawns. Twilight Sparkle did not have a good night's sleep; she'd practically cried herself to slumber when she realized she was all alone in the castle. "Spike, can you make me some breakfast!" Twilight instinctively shouts. A norm for her every morning throughout her time in Ponyville. "SPIKE!" She yells again after hearing no response. Twilight gasps with sudden realization. "Spike is not.., not..," Twilight groans bitterly. She was tasked by Princess Celestia to take care of herself for the next three months and to document everything.., every day.

Twilight grabs her pillow and wails into it. She's not looking forward to writing day one of feeling like Spike. She is not thrilled to hear Princess Celestia's response letter if she writes one. Twilight gets out of bed and fixes it properly. She trots out of her room and down the corridors. All Twilight can hear is the echoes of her hoofsteps. Since Starlight is with Spike and Shining Armor, it becomes eerie for Twilight. Did Spike feel disturbed when he heard his footsteps and nothing more when Twilight forsook him? Now more guilty conscience clouds Twilight's mind.

Twilight arrives in the kitchen and opens the fridge. It's half empty. "I thought I asked Spike to do groceries the other day!" Twilight is fuming, but she relents. Spike skipped his chores that day to go camping in solitude. "Am I a horrible friend?" Twilight shrugs the feeling and uses her magic to levitate eggs to the stove. She opens a cabinet to retrieve a pan to make perfect yokes. "Okay, a simple crack, then pour it into the pan. Should be easy," Twilight attempts to crack one egg, and it splatters all over the place. "HOW?!" She thought she had done it carefully. "What am I doing wrong?" Twilight goes forth to break the second egg delicately, and this time, it didn't chink. "OH, C'MON!" In frustration, Twilight flicks the egg across the kitchen, and it splatters.

She groans and trots to the fridge. "Fine, I'll have a bowl of cereal," Twilight grabs the milk and hovers a bowl and spoon to the table. She pours the milk into the bowl and trots to a different cabinet to get cornflakes. She walks back to the table to pour the cornflakes into the bowl. With a satisfying sigh, she sits down. "Okay, I'll have Spike take note of what I need to get. Spike!" Twilight shouts his name. Once again, no response. "Shit," Twilight's head slumps onto the table. "Another entry to document about thinking of using Spike for my gain, again!" Twilight uses her magic to lift a spoonful of cornflakes into her mouth and eats it. A second later, she spits out her food. "AH! THE MILK TASTES SPOILED! SPIKE! I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO GET MORE GROCERIES! AAAAAAAAAH!" Twilight's anger gets the better of her. She huffs and puffs for having a crummy start. "This is going to be a living nightmare!"

Pinkie Pie wakes up after hearing Granny Smith calling her grandkids to wake up. She stretches and looks at a journal she thinks is a birthday journal. After flipping through the pages, Pinkie becomes upset. She remembers her home; her room got destroyed by the blazing fire. Her mane deflates a little. "Who attacked Sugarcube Corner and why? What did sweets ever do to someone that is coldblooded and vile?"

Pinkie Pie leaves the guest room and scours the morning of an Apple. She sees Big McIntosh and Applejack going over their early morning routine before she goes to the School of Friendship. Apple Bloom invites Pinkie to the clubhouse to hang out with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. She cheerfully declines despite sounding sad. She hopes the School of Friendship can enlighten her mood. The idea of laughing during the darkest hour can still bring light that shines out of the darkness of sorrow. Granny Smith finishes making breakfast and offers Pinkie apple cinnamon pancakes. Pinkie takes five pancake stacks and drowns them with syrup. She gobbles down after tasting the sweet flavor from the first bite.

Applejack suggests visiting Twilight since she'll be lonesome for the next few months. Pinkie frowns, knowing that Twilight partially blames her for losing full custody. However, that won't deter their friendship. Right? Pinkie hopes that the Princess of Friendship can overlook an accidental blur. Pinkie Pie accepts Applejack's suggestion and hops to the Castle of Friendship.

At the Crystal Empire, Prince Blueblood strolls around the castle, taking in the beautiful scenery of the corridors. He observes the Crystal Guards when he hears Princess Cadance calling his name. Prince Blueblood has his visors on to detect hidden weaponry stashes that Shining Armor planted for emergencies since the plumbers believe the Crystal Empire will be an ideal location for alien activity. The visors are invisible and untraceable by all forms of magic.

Prince Blueblood knows where Princess Cadance is calling from, Flurry Heart's room near Princess Cadance and Shining Armor's quarters. Prince Blueblood trots inside to see Princess Cadance with a wicked smirk on her face.

"Would you be a dear and remove Flurry Heart's diaper?" Princess Cadance uses her magic to hover Flurry Heart with an overloaded stinky diaper.

Prince Blueblood cringes with every fiber of his body and quivers in fear. He detests cleaning up anything unclean, especially from a toddler. He gulps and slowly trots to Princess Cadance, sweating like crazy while biting his lower lip. He uses his magic to take hold of Flurry Heart.

"I must get going. I have a Crystal Guard meeting since Shining Armor is not present. I have to thank him for selecting an amazing helper," Princess Cadance strolls out of Flurry's room while laughing, knowing that Prince Blueblood is about to suffer the stench of Flurry Heart's behind.

Prince Blueblood hears Princess Cadance's hoofsteps radius out of reach and sighs in relief. "She believes this is torture? Please, I had to battle a hydra controlled by a crazed-up scientist. Diaper duty is nothing compared to searching for strange anomalies with my team." Prince Blueblood relaxes and hums a lullaby to Flurry Heart while removing the dirty diaper and tossing it away. He swiftly cleans Flurry Heart, who is behaving quite well. She sees the truth written on his face and knows that Prince Blueblood is not a bad pony. She doesn't understand why her mother treats him with disrespect.

After Prince Blueblood finishes cleaning Flurry Heart, he softly strokes her mane. "Maybe someday, you'll be an excellent plumber?" Prince Blueblood puts on the new diaper on Flurry Heart. "There you are, clean as a whistle," Prince Blueblood hears hoofsteps. He grabs a bottle to drench himself and bloodcurdling screams.

Princess Cadance returns to check on Prince Blueblood and Flurry Heart. She bursts into laughter, seeing Blueblood in a mess. She is somewhat surprised that Prince Blueblood managed to put a diaper on her foal.

"There's a shower in your room, stinky," Princess Cadance takes Flurry Heart away from Prince Blueblood and walks away. Flurry Heart frowns a little and looks at Prince Blueblood, smiling and waving before leaving the room himself.

"If only you knew the real me, but you had your chance when you rejected the offer of a plumber's position. How quaint of you, Cadance. Revealing your colors in front of your foal while relishing my character's misery. Your daughter will make a fine plumber if she chooses to become one of us."

Pinkie Pie hops to the Castle of Friendship. She hears Twilight screaming and gallops inside to see what's wrong. Twilight is flailing in anger with food on the floor; Pinkie smells it and gags, knowing the food is rotten.

"What happened, Twilight?" Pinkie sees a bizarre face from Twilight. It reads wrathful with the bloodshot eyes coming from Twilight. Pinkie steps back.

"My first day without Spike is a living nightmare! Because of you, I LOST FULL CUSTODY OF SPIKE!!!" Twilight grotesquely points at Pinkie. "ALL YOU HAD TO DO IS KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, AND I WOULD HAVE STRETCHED THE TRUTH WITH PRINCESS CELESTIA ABOUT HOW I FEEL!!!" Twilight pants heavily. "YOU JUST HAD TO BLUR OUT SPIKE'S RANT, HUH?! YOU COULDN'T KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!"

Pinkie swells in tears. Yes, she mentioned Spike's rant when Twilight was uneasy, but in front of Princess Celestia, she understands it was unfortunate timing. "But, Twilight. Spike said he was through caring for you."

"SHUT UP!" Pinkie cowers with Twilight's enraged state. Twilight stomps up to her. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S LIKE TO HAVE SOMEONE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU OVER AN ACCIDENT?! OR BETTER YET, DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO LOSE SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU THAT YOU ARE RESTRICTED FROM COMING CLOSE?!" Twilight grits her teeth.

Pinkie Pie balls herself. The outburst from Twilight is unlike anything she'd ever witnessed. Her mane deflates, her cheerful color becomes dread, and her high-spirit nature decreases with every bark spewed from Twilight's mouth. She shakes her head and sniffs, holding back the urge to cry.

Twilight calms herself down. Last night, she felt abandoned in her castle, with no one to talk to or vent to; Spike was always there for her when she needed attention. Starlight would have given her advice about loneliness. Twilight breaks down and cries. She calls for Spike and Starlight, wishing for their company and embrace. Pinkie Pie feels awful about her predicament timing; however, Princess Celestia needs to know the full extent of Twilight's feelings no matter the outcome. Pinkie Pie didn't anticipate this outcome from Twilight, who is now; broken.

Twilight Sparkle officially declares the suspension of the School of Friendship for a few days. She is not in the right mind to teach any of her curriculums. Pinkie Pie pursues to hug Twilight, and she grabs Pinkie, hugging her tightly, apologizing for what she's become in less than a week. The last thought that comes to Twilight's mind is Spike's watch. Because of that item, Twilight starts to deteriorate and anything her friends are going through. In the back of her mind, she feels the need to remove the watch.

It's 10:30 in the morning. Spike wakes up after having a goodnight's sleep. He looks at the time and panics, knowing that Twilight expects him to make breakfast. Spike notices the bed below and another across and sighs. He looks at the Omnitrix and remembers the letter written by Princess Celestia; Twilight Sparkle no longer has Spike's custody due to child neglect and exploitation. With that said, Spike thinks about his future mornings and days, knowing that a burden is off his chest.

"That's right. Also, I told Twilight I'm through taking care of her sorry ass," Spike chuckles to himself. "Who would have thought my words would lead to an official statement by Princess Celestia, freeing me from the chains Twilight has cast on my life?" Spike stretches and goes to the fridge. He grabs a fire ruby. "Hello, my beauty," The heart-shaped gemstone sparkles majestically. Spike takes a bite. "Mmmm, so good," Spike takes another bite. "I wished Rarity didn't sucker me into giving up the fire ruby I aged a week before my birthday. Although it was nice to give, she didn't ask for it, just using her charms to have it her way. Well, good thing I'm over her," Spike takes another bite when he hears sudden explosions outside the RV. "WHAT WAS THAT?!" Spike activates his Omnitrix and slams the faceplate, not seeing who he picked to fight the next invader.

Spike feels his body morphing. He grows black orbs on his feet, and his legs are blue. His dragon tail turns black with five blue stripes. Spike's claws become blue and bulky, with three fingers that can only open and close. He wears a black cone-like helmet with a protective visor that slides over his face. Spike's face is blue, his eyes are green, his lips are black, and stripes run under and in between his eyes. Spike wears a black bodysuit and a turtleneck-like shirt with a white stripe in the center. He appears to look like a semi-velociraptor.

Spike zooms outside to see what the fuss is about; Starlight Glimmer is fumbling around with the added weights on her saddlebag. The explosion was set off by accident when Starlight triggered the cannon sequence.

Shining Armor trots to the RV and notices the Omnitrix symbol on the chest of Spike's new alien. "Wow, Spike. What do you call this alien?"

"Hmm, not sure yet," Spike's voice sounds raspy. He runs to an old mill and back in seconds. "WOW! This alien is fast. I'll think of something unique later. Also, I want to say with this new alien. I'm faster than Rainbow Dash!" Somewhere in Ponyville, Rainbow Dash feels challenged, and she doesn't know why while moving the clouds over. "So, mind if I run to the nearest town to gather rations?"

"I do mind, Spike. As much as you're needed to test your aliens to the fullest, you can't be foolish with a weapon unlike any other. For needed supplies, we'll stop by different towns. No one is going awol on my watch," Shining said. "Plus, I need you to practice your aliens in the obstacle course I devised just for you."

"Very well. Then, I'll go and blow off steam until the timer runs out," Spike replies.

"Stay within eyesight so I can you in sight. We don't know what today will bring."

"Don't worry. I will!" Spike runs in circles, far away, and inadvertently creates a tornado. He runs in the opposite direction to deceased the tornado he made.

Starlight is doing a jogging exercise with Trixie. There are a hundred pounds on each saddlebag from last night's discovery as a punishment. Starlight refuses to complain about the weight holding her back. She knows the heaviness of carrying equipped cannons on each side of the saddlebag exo-suits regardless of the enhancers.

"Don't worry, Starlight. In a few weeks, it'll feel like nothing, and you'll move swifter than before," Trixie said. "All of us endured the same exercise."

"It feels like hours," Starlight replies. She's struggling to gallop as Trixie can.

"First, it's only been ten minutes. You are overexaggerating," Trixie straightforwardly responds. "Second, this is your morning routine. You'll have an afternoon routine and an evening one. Also, after the routines, you'll be practicing the weapons that'll suit you more."

"Eeeeeh," Starlight pouts a bit. "So.., how long will the morning routine take?"

"Until you finish. There are no standard time slots for a routine," Trixie said. "Now, let's get moving. We're doing twenty laps around the course Shining made for Spike's aliens."

"Aw, crap," Starlight groans a bit. She jogs while Trixie takes the lead with her galloping.

Shining Armor grabs his gear and strolls to the training course he made for Spike's aliens. There are target practices, gauntlets, and workout gear. It's half a block long with a built-in track to test the speeds of Spike's aliens. Shining Armor hears the groans of Starlight after he sees Trixie pacing backward to watch Starlight's progress.

Spike runs faster to test his new alien to the limits. A large trail of smoke builds up as he sprints. He halts himself and notices that when he stops, there is no whiplash of the effect. "I have full control of my speeds. This alien is amazing! I bet I can even run on water!" Spike's Omnitrix symbol blinks red and bleeps. He reverts to his dragon self. "One thing I find confusing is that my dragon wings are not added onto the aliens."

"I assume different DNA strands to aliens mean no mismatching whatsoever. Are there any aliens you have that fly?" Shining asks Spike out of curiosity.

"There's one. So far, I haven't turned into four other aliens. I have turned into six but only named five of them. Heatblast, Wildmutt, Diamondhead, Grostfreak, and Four Arms. I'm still working on names for the alien I just turned into; Then, I have four unknowns."

"What alien are you willing to try or turn into when we commence your training?"

"I don't know, Shining. I'll start with one I haven't tried."

"Alright, then," Shining turns to Starlight and Trixie, jogging on the makeshift track. Starlight is panting while Trixie is showing off a bit. "This'll be a while."

Time passes, and Spike hears his Omnitrix bleep and turns green. Starlight falls over, begging for water which Trixie gives willingly. Trixie advises Starlight to enjoy a break session to watch Spike turning into an alien.

Spike activates the Omnitrix, and the faceplate rises. He scrolls left to see which alien to turn into next. "This one looks good," Spike presses the faceplate down. Green lights flash.

Spike's body starts changing color from purple to grey. He now has four-razor-sharped-fingered hands. Spike's Omnitrix symbol is a black patch over his left pectoral. The new body consists of many aquatic creatures such as eels, alligators, leeches, sharks, and anglerfish. Spike also has a phosphorescent light on his head.

"Whoa, I'm a fish?" Spike flexes his fingers and feels. He opens his mouth and believes he can compete with Pinkie in eating contests.

"An alien for the ocean..," Trixie gallops. "I'll be back!" She sprints to the RV.

"I don't think this alien can withstand dry land for too long?" With the scorching desert of the wild west, Spike slowly becomes dehydrated.

"Here, Spike," Starlight trots to Spike and dumps her bottle of cold water on him.

"Aaaaaaaah," Spike sighs in relaxation from the cold water. "Thanks, Starlight. You're the best," Spike starts moving to get acquainted with his new physique.

"Heads up!" Shining launches logs at Spike to dodge. Instead of avoiding contact, Spike uses his jaws to crush and snap one in half. "WOW!" Shining didn't think Spike could do that with his jaw.

Spike pants heavily and collapses. "Need...water....," Spike falls over. "Can't...breathe..."

Trixie returns with a bucket of water and splashes on Spike. He sighs in relief. "I knew that would work, and I have something for you."

"What did you bring him, Trixie?" Starlight asks.

"Here, Spike," Trixie gives Spike a supplement. "This pill will enable you to breathe the air. Once you ingest the air, it turns into water particles, allowing you to keep going on dry land."

"Really?" Spike grabs the supplement. He swallows it, and his body feels moist. "Hey, the air feels wet," Spike touches his arms and feels the coolness of the water. His sweat turns into cold droplets of water. "Amazing."

"Nice thinking, Trixie," Shining is impressed with Trixie's fast critical thinking.

"I would have never thought of that," Starlight astoundingly states. "Where did you get that supplement?"

"The RV has a three-dimensional printer with passcodes for sustenance. We take different pills that override any magic spells for environmental circumstances," Trixie answers.

"Will it affect only my aquatic alien or the rest of me?" Spike asks with some concern.

"Well, it should affect your alien. I made sure the supplement was for aquatic creatures and aliens only. When you revert, you should breathe air as usual. We will need to see if the supplement I gave you is temporary or permanent."

"Okay," Spike's Omnitrix symbol flashes red and bleeps. He turns to normal and takes a breath of air. It doesn't have any water properties. "I can breathe air. It doesn't affect my dragon self."

"Interesting. Hopefully, you can attempt to turn into that alien again," Shining said. He wants to test Spike with many different attacks on the alien.

"When I turned into that alien.., I'm naming him Ripjaws. It felt like I was Discord when I turned into Ripjaws. A fusion of multiple sea creatures into one entity."

"Nice name," Starlight compliments. She wouldn't have thought of that name for Spike's alien. It sounds cool to her.

"Alright, you head back to the RV. Trixie and I will continue to train Starlight Glimmer with our equipment. When your Omnitrix is ready, come back out."

"Sounds good. I'm getting hungry. I'll whip us some lunch while I'm at it."

"You sure, bro?" Shining doesn't want to have Spike resume his routine since he has to care for him.

"I enjoy cooking and don't worry about how I'm caring for you, Starlight, and Trixie. It's something I want to do on my accord. Usually, Twilight would ask me, and I just.., do it without hesitation. Wow..," An eerie thought came to him. "Not once I ever declined Twilight's command. Just do as she pleases and take advantage of..," Spike sighs. He looks at his Omnitrix. "You know, having the Omnitrix is the best thing that could have happened to me. I'm free of the bondage Twilight bestowed on my life, and for years, until I said my rant, she ignored me, turned her back, and used me," Spike turns to Starlight. "Can I be honest with you, Starlight?"

"Sure, Spike. What are friends for?" Starlight smiles.

"After the rant, even after Twilight apologized, I didn't really accept it. I pretended that I did because I didn't believe how sorry she was. She's only sorry cause she got into trouble. If I didn't say my rant, all Twilight would do is try to remove the Omnitrix and make sure things go back to normal. She never cared about me unless things got worse. Also, if she cared..," A daunting memory returns to Spike. It's a nightmare he dreads almost every night whenever he's sad. "She wouldn't have laughed at me with her friends when I nearly drowned in the lake during Winter Wrap-Up Day. The ice block I slept in was melting, and I got a cold."

"SHE WHAT?!" Starlight, Trixie, and Shining Armor are appalled and pissed off to hear Twilight, the Princess of Friendship, laughing at Spike's misery for drowning in a freezing-cold lake.

"Instead of resting, she made me write a letter to Princess Celestia about her friendship lesson. Due to that day, I have nightmares about dying with no one coming to my aid. I tried to sell the illusion that I was over it, but..," Spike sits on the ground. "I couldn't. I made several attempts to talk to Twilight about it, and she ignored me to hang out with her friends and handed me the list of chores to do every time. When I tried to send a letter to Princess Celestia about how I felt, I would get yanked into a predicament I wasn't fond of, then get used as an unwilling test subject..," Spike covers his face with his claws. "As I said, I acted fine but deep down, I was depressed. After all, I'm Twilight's number one.., slave..," Spike breaks down and cries. He has finally vented his feelings and frustrations to those willing to listen to him.

Trixie and Starlight comfort Spike while Shining looks at the sky. Shining can't believe that Twilight would ever do such a thing. Her younger sister, the Princess of Friendship, laughed at Spike for nearly drowning in a freezing lake and knowing wholeheartedly; that Spike is cold-blooded.

"I can't believe my sister did that... Twily..," Shining's jaw drop, and he sees how much Spike has suffered from the vent he spoke. It shows that Twilight didn't care about Spike's safety unless things got serious or she got exposed for neglect. The thought of Spike being alone with the nightmare included was too much for Shining. His brotherly instincts are now activated for Spike more than ever. As for Twilight, there will be much discussion. "I'll be back," Shining Armor trots to the RV.

"Where are you going, Shining?" Trixie asks as Starlight rubs Spike's back with her front left hoof.

"To the RV. I need to call the Princess," Shining Armor knows what he wants to say to the Princess.

Princess Luna comes out of the dream realms after battling a horrendous nightmare. Some colt dreamt about getting chased by a reaper pony seeking to harvest souls. Princess Luna yawns and wants to go to bed. She trots to her bedroom and spots her sister trotting down the corridor. Princess Celestia walks up to her sister, who has bagged eyes.

"You don't look so good," Princess Celestia said after observing Luna's body language.

"Some colt read too many horror books and was deeply distraught and horrified about the reaper pony. He believed the reaper was collecting souls to harvest for a sentient creature looking to plague all of existence. It was a joyous battle, to say the least. Most nightmares are effortless," Princess Luna yawns. "What time is it?"

"12:30 in the afternoon. I thought about inviting you for lunch, but I clearly see you need your rest," Princess Luna nods. "Luna, is there anything you want to tell me?"

"Nay, Celestia," Princess Luna yawns more. "Too tired to talk."

"Can I be a plumber?" Princess Celestia wants to learn what Luna knows. It's been eating her alive even before the banishment.

"I asked you long ago. You laughed, scoffed, and told me no."

"I was different back then. I've changed immensely."

"It doesn't matter, Celestia. You have more priorities to attend to; you've shown me your colors, and there's nothing to discuss. I love you, Celestia."

"Is it a grudge? Because I used the Elements of Harmony to banish you to the moon?" Princess Celestia breathes heavily. She knows Luna still has trust issues with her.

"It has nothing to do with my banishment, Celestia. Now," Princess Luna yawns longer. "I need some shut-eye."

A Royal Guard has a note written for Princess Luna labeled urgent. Princess Luna reads the letter, and her eyes widen in shock. The urge to slumber has dissipated with the shocking conclusion from a testimony. Princess Celestia wonders what has stunned her sister.

"Celestia. Did Twilight reveal any incriminating details about Spike?'

"Twilight briefed all the wrongs she'd committed during her tenure in Ponyville. All the times she made Spike do everything while acting spoiled and rubbing in Spike's face about the fun she endured. Especially leaving him behind during her birthday celebration here in Canterlot. Along with other festivities here and at the Crystal Empire."

"What about laughing at his misery for nearly drowning in a freezing-cold lake?"

"WWWHHHHAAAAAAAAT?!" Princess Celestia is livid about that excruciating detail. She takes the letter and reads what Shining Armor reported. "She never told me about that!" Princess Celestia turns to Luna. "Where is Spike?" She wants Spike to summarize his perspective about the treatment he received from Twilight Sparkle and now the Bearer of the Elements. She craves to understand the fulfillment of Spike's depression.

"I'll take you to him later. I need some rest," Princess Luna desires for slumber despite how she's feeling at the moment.

"Very well. We'll see Spike later tonight."