• Published 29th Nov 2022
  • 3,219 Views, 166 Comments

Spike's Omnitrix - JSan82

  • ...
7
 166
 3,219

Wild West

It's been a slow five-hour drive for Shining Armor since departing from Ponyville. Trixie spoke story after story about encountering different creatures not native to Equus. Starlight becomes enlightened by the breeds and prowesses of each alien, monster, ghoul, and dormant entities Trixie spoke. Spike looks out the window and notices a town that looks deserted. Shining Armor stops the RV and figures this location is perfect for Spike to test his other aliens.

"Everyone, we're at our first pitstop," Shining Armor announces. He turns off the RV's engine.

"Where are we?" Starlight looks out the window.

"Gold's Village," Trixie replies after reading the broken sign above.

Gold's Village is an abandoned mining town where settlers and miners worked to dig gold back in the day. It has a western-type field with several buildings and shops, a rusted water tower, a mill, and a saloon.

"Why is it called Gold's Village?" Spike asks Trixie.

"Two hundred years ago, this location was a hot spot for gold. However, it ran out after fifty years. Ponies back in the day never rationalized what they got. Some hoarded their workers until a revolt happened that caused a semi-civil war. Both sides wiped each other out," Shining Armor explains the origins of Gold's Village. "With no pony or creature around, utilize the opportunity to analyze the rest of you aliens."

"With no one here, I'll do a little sightseeing before experimenting with my other aliens," Spike leaves the RV. He wanders around the town.

"I would advise one or both of you to keep an eye on Spike. I need to see how the shower works in the RV."

"Alright, Shining. Trixie and I will do just that," Starlight trots out of the RV.

"I'll keep you updated on any phenomenons around the area, Shining," Trixie said. She puts on her saddle bag.

"Carry on," Shining salutes Trixie and watches her leave. Shining goes to the bathroom to test the showers.

In the depths of space outside Equus' orbit, Vilgax has hired three bounty hunters worthy of delivering the Omnitrix to him. They are known as Kraab, SixSix, and Tetrax Shard.

Kraab is a fiddler mechanic crab with a goldish brown-colored armor, a sideways mouth, four scythe-like legs, and a large, powerful pincer for a left hand. Within the pincer, there is a power blaster combined with a chemical sprayer. He has orange lines running over his body, and his eyes had the same color as the highlights of his pincer. Kraab has enhanced strength, durability, and digging. The rest of his equipment features electric beams, gas generation, scanner vision, rotating head, and thermographic vision. Kraab is capable of hunting any creature or object in any climate, in scorching deserts, and underwater.

SixSix adorns a metallic jumpsuit armor. He has purple pads covering his central joints, a belt, and four central lines on his helmet to provide outlines for his face, which are his eyes and mouth. He carries many weapons and equipment such as laser guns, an energy buzzsaw, a jetpack, missiles, bombs, electric discs, energy whips, energy swords, a sonic weapon, a life support system, and now, an Omnitrix Radar.

Tetrax's attire features a shiny grey suit with a retractable black helmet. Under the helmet, the suit went all the way up to the bottom of his neck. This triangle was also on the center of his utility belt, and there were markings resembling it on either shoulder pad. He has enhanced strength, durability, acrobatics, speeds, and fast reflexes. He carries a hoverboard, energy gun, sonic device, and smoke grenades.

Vilgax watches how each bounty hunter annihilates his meager drones and robots with precision. He's impressed with the skills and technicality of each bounty hunter. Vilgax devises a game for the first to retrieve the Omnitrix will be abundantly rewarded. The three bounty hunters deploy from Chimeran Hammer to the world of Equus.

Spike enters a mill to see what was made and left behind in their era. He overhears Starlight and Trixie's hoofsteps and decides to prank them. He activates his watch and turns the faceplate into a silhouette of his liking. He presses the faceplate, and green lights burst.

Spike starts becoming intangible. Then his body becomes gaseous with claw-like hands and grey skin with black lines running all over him. His hourglass insignia peeks out of the skin on his lower left chest, and he has one pink eye with a black pupil.

"Whoa, this is freaky," Spike said in a faint and whispery tone. He looks at his reflection from the broken pieces of mirror on the ground. "I look like a ghost!" An idea pops into his mind. "Perfect," Spike giggles and goes into hiding.

"Spike? Where are you?" Starlight said. She becomes unnerved by an unfamiliar presence.

"We'll find him, Starlight. I'm sure Spike is standing still, trying to imagine the era of this town," Trixie enlightening says. "This is a town full of hidden secrets," Trixie hears rummaging near a mill.

"You heard that, Trixie?" Starlight said after hearing the rummaging.

"Shhhhh," Trixie quiets Starlight.

Trixie and Starlight slowly trot to the mill when Spike rises from the ground, scaring the two with his faint and whispery voice shouting. "BOO!" Starlight and Trixie hug each other and scream in pure horror at the sudden arrival of Spike's ghostly alien. Spike burst into laughter. "Hahahahahahaha!" Spike points at the two, hugging each other in pure terror. "You should have seen the look on your faces."

"SPIKE! THAT WASN'T FUNNY!" Starlight shouts in anger. She lets go of Trixie.

"You scared us to death, Spike!" Trixie shouts in annoyance. She examines Spike's new alien. "So, what is this alien called?"

Spike's pink eye moves within the black line to stare at Trixie. She's a bit creeped out by the moving eye. "Ghostfreak since I freaked you both," Spike chuckles. "I'm sorry for how I scared you. I couldn't resist."

"It's alright, Spike. I'll admit, you had me good," Starlight honestly states. "You should pull a prank similar to Shining Armor."

"Duly noted."

"How long ago you turned?" Trixie asks out of curiosity.

"A few minutes ago. Why?" Spike sees Trixie getting serious which is scaring him.

"Trixie, what's wrong?" Starlight asks with a level of concern. She sees Trixie's eyes scanning left to right, up and down.

"Deactivating cloaking mode," Trixie reveals her monitor visors that detect probes. "I'm picking up two signatures entering the atmosphere," She uses her magic to place a communicator mic on her ear. "Shining Armor. Inbounding bogeys at twelve o'clock."

Shining Armor receives the transmission from the RV. "Copy that. Return to base."

"Understood. Starlight, Spike. It's time to return to the RV."

"Right," Starlight nods.

"What's coming now?" Spike wonders if it's two more robots from last night. Then the ground starts quaking. Spike grabs Starlight and Trixie before a collision takes place. They're hovering in the air. "What is this?" He puts the two down away from the crash.

"Not what but who," Kraab emerges from the ground. He walks on his four scythe-like legs. His head pops to examine Spike.

"What is that thing?!" Spike and Starlight shout.

"Hand over the Omnitrix, and I promise you won't suffer.., much," Kraab pinches his metal claw.

"The Omni-what?" Spike is confused.

"He's after your watch, Spike!" Starlight warns her friend.

"Activating Saddle Launchers!" Trixie uses her magic to turn her saddle bag into laser torrents. There's one cannon on the left and right side of Trixie. The muzzles and barrels extend. Starlight's eyes widen in shock.

"You believe that little toy can scathe me?" Kraab laughs until Trixie blasts him with a laser blast. Kraab collides into a steel cauldron from the ceiling. Kraab falls face-first into the floor, and the cauldron lands on him.

"That was cool!" Spike said.

"I'll say!" Starlight is astounded to see the power of the laser cannons.

"No time in celebrating. We need to move! Now!" Trixie fires another laser at Kraab and gallops out of the mill. Starlight and Spike follows Trixie.

Kraab gets up and tunnels into the ground. He follows the heat signatures of Trixie and Starlight. He zooms past the two and rises from the ground. "You're mine!" Kraab opens his pincer and sprays Spike with a solidifying chemical, rendering him unable to go intangible.

"What is this stuff?" Spike tries to become tangible but becomes useless when Kraab uses his pincer to grab Spike and tosses him into a building.

"Stay away from him!" Starlight ignites her horn to shoot a powerful wave of magic at Kraab. He takes the hit, and smoke covers the area. "Did that work?"

"Only in your dreams, Starlight," Trixie straightforwardly said. She sees Kraab emerging from the smoke.

"That barely tickled," Kraab opens his pincer, preparing to strike Starlight with a laser beam.

"Proton Energy Shield deploy!" Trixie's left laser torrent shoots an energy shield, protecting Starlight from Kraab's blast.

"What!?" Kraab sees how efficient Trixie's cannons are. "I have underestimated you, creature. I better take care of you first!" Kraab hears horns honking. He turns to see Shining Armor driving the RV straight at him. The RV collides with Kraab, causing him to hurl into a building.

"Activating missile sequence!" The front bumpers open a hatch. Shining Armor uses his magic to fire several missiles at the building Kraab crashed into; it blows up. Shining sees a red flash to his left. Spike comes out with brown goo. "All of you, get in!"

Spike and Starlight waste no time entering the RV. Trixie sees the two bogeys altering their landing sequence. She gets in the RV, telling Shining Armor to floor it.

Shining Armor uses his magic to accelerate the RV's speed, leaving Gold's Village. Starlight sits down, panting heavily and questioning her magic power against powerful alien forces.

"Word of advice, Starlight. Magic alone is not strong enough against robots, bounty hunters, or aliens. They far exceed anything magic and use technology," Trixie said.

"That means Twilight and the others would be..," Shining Armor finishes Starlight's statement.

"Dead. I love my younger sister but foes that plumbers fight are more omnipotent than any other creature. That includes Lord Tirek and Discord."

"Wait? If they are that powerful, could you defeat Queen Chrysalis and her Changelings when they invaded Canterlot during your wedding?"

Shining Armor sighs heavily. "Yes," Spike gasps. "All those Changelings at the time were easily killable. Due to my prodigious training, my weaponry alone will make them bow before me. Even after Queen Chrysalis absorbed mine and Celestia's magic would be too easy. The only reason why I withheld my motives was to ensure Cadance's safety, and Princess Luna forbade me from revealing myself. Also, I didn't have my visors, and my team was outside the protection bubble Celestia wanted me to conjure. Luna and I couldn't go inside our hidden base with every Royal Guard stationed and patroling the castle daily. So, I had to stay in character and endure the whole experience."

Spike is speechless. This whole time, Shining Armor wasn't that hopeless or defenseless. It makes him think how powerful Shining Armor is compared to his Royal Guard status. "Are you more powerful than Twilight?"

"Yes. Twilight wouldn't go for the kill. She'll befriend the creatures even after they attempt to kill her. Twilight would make monologue speeches which would be her undoing. Alicorn or not, Twilight doesn't have a killer instinct or to subdue an enemy without mercy. Believe me; when I say this; most aliens, creatures, ghouls, or robots show no mercy. So, why should we?"

"Unless, of course, they are our allies," Trixie corrects Shining Armor's comment.

"I have a question for you!" Starlight wants to know if Trixie lied about her knowledge of magic. "When you came to the castle, and I helped you elevate your magic, were you holding your true potential?"

"It was refreshing to learn the fundamentals, Starlight. Yes, I held back my understanding of magic to pretense my character. If I had to compare my magic power with somepony, I would say we're equally matched, no pun intended," Trixie said.

"How was that possible?! You wore the Alicorn Amulet to overwhelm Twilight when she was a unicorn!" Spike remembers Trixie being a pushover with magic.

"There's a spirit dormant within the Alicorn Amulet that wants freedom. If no one wears the Amulet within a hundred years, the entity is free and can unleash carnage the world never saw before. The plumbers were monitoring the status, and the sentient was close to escaping its' prison when I came along. I knew I needed to put the specter to sleep for the next hundred years, so I had to become a willing host."

"A willing host?" Spike and Starlight say in unison. They want more answers from this story.

"The spirit within negotiates a bargain. He will give you the power of an Alicorn and fulfill your heart's desires in exchange for a body. Since my character faced a humiliation unlike any other, it was perfect to bestowed a revenge plan upon Twilight, knowing she would succeed in the end."

Spike is stunned by another truth bomb. He shrugs the feeling because another memory spoken by the Great and Powerful comes to his mind. "So that story about the Ursa Major? Can you slay it?"

"Of course, I can; I've done it in the past. A mad scientist took control of the Ursa Major, wrecking towns; I had to slay it with what I got. I retold my story and switched the images of an Ursa Major with an Ursa Minor in hopes of ponies believing in what I said. I convinced many ponies with my fictional story for years. It was a great cover story until Snips and Snails derailed my depiction."

"Wow, Trixie," Starlight is speechless. Yea, she helped every Changeling convert except for Queen Chrysalis, but compared to Trixie; Trixie has better feats than her.

Everyone hears a loud thud on the roof of the RV. Spike, Trixie, and Starlight look up to see a buzzsaw cutting through the ceiling.

"Trixie, take care of it!" Shining shouts as he drives the RV. He can't afford to lose concentration.

Metal claws pull and peel the ceiling. SixSix is above and dodges a missile from Trixie's cannon. That's when Shining Armor uses his magic to cease the RV's movements, causing SixSix to fall off in front of the RV. Trixie jumps to the ceiling and rolls on the roof; Shining Armor uses his magic to accelerate the RV's velocity, running SixSix over. It was a mistake. The wheels of the RV start to deflate.

"Shit!" Shining Armor didn't mean to curse, but he's happy Flurry Heart is not around to mimic the word.

Trixie looks back, preparing herself to fire another missile at SixSix. Shining Armor, Starlight, and Spike leave the RV. They notice an entrance into an abandoned mine.

"Go! I'll hold this guy back!" Trixie shouts. She's ready to beat down the bounty hunter.

SixSix speaks in his alien language. "This'll be quick." SixSix confidentially says.

The ground starts to tremble. Kraab emerges from the ground. "The Omnitrix is mine!" Kraab uses his pincer to slam SixSix.

"Take this!" Trixie leaps into the air, shooting laser blasts at Kraab. Kraab dodges the projectiles and fires back, intercepting Trixie's onslaught.

"Let's move!" Shining Armor places Spike on his back and gallops fast into the mine entrance. Starlight follows Shining inside.

Spike's Omnitrix is still red. He hopes the charge is complete before Trixie gets obliterated.

"Launching smoke grenades!" Trixie's cannons fire smoke grenades at Kraab and SixSix. The smoke covers the area.

"Have a little taste of your own medicine!" Kraab opens his pincer to spray thick dark smoke at Trixie.

SixSix speaks in his alien language. "Take this!" SixSix takes out his laser gun and shoots at Trixie.

Due to the smoke, Trixie's visors become blind. Then her left cannon gets neutralized from the impact of SixSix's laser beam. Trixie drops her saddle launcher and activates the detonator. She gallops inside the mining entrance, hoping the blast radius doesn't affect her, Shining, Starlight, and Spike inside.

"Say, how about we work together and split the reward?" Kraab asks SixSix.

SixSix speaks in his alien language. "Might as well. Those creatures protecting the user of the Omnitrix are putting up more of a fight than I'd imagine." SixSix accepts Kraab's proposal.

Kraab and SixSix were about to enter the mine when the sounds of a timer ticking on Trixie's saddle bag were explosive.

"SON-OF-A-" Kraab and SixSix shout in unison as Trixie's saddle bag explodes. Kraab and SixSix receive minor injuries and dents on their armors. "I'm going to skin them alive!" Kraab and SixSix go inside the mine. They are boiling in rage.

Trixie uses her visors to locate Shining Armor's plumbing equipment. He, Spike, and Starlight are near a chasm, looking around to find another exit. Spike is tapping on the Omnitrix; he starts to become a bit impatient.

"Shining! A cable car to your right!" Spike points at it.

"Nice find!" Shining Armor activates his visors. He looks back to see Trixie coming with Kraab and SixSix chasing her. "Great. Activating Saddle Machine Guns!" Shining Armor uses his magic to turn his saddle bag into sentry torrents on his left and right side. The barrels of each torrent extend. "Come to daddy," Shining Armor uses his magic to power up the machine guns.

Spike and Starlight get inside the cable car. Trixie gallops with SixSix and Kraab chasing her and shooting laser projectiles. Trixie sees Shining Armor positioned and rolls aside, allowing Shining Armor to shoot laser bullets at Kraab and SixSix.

"Trixie, inside the cable car, now!" Shining Armor commands. "Activating saddle thruster!" The right saddle back turns from a machine gun into a jetpack mode. Shining Armor flies and uses the left machine gun to fire more laser bullets at SixSix and Kraab. The two are taking cover.

"Geez, this guy is good!" Kraab admits while taking cover from Shining's onslaught.

SixSix speaks in his alien language. "Don't compliment the enemy, stupid!" SixSix uses his jetpack and flies out of range of Shining's laser bullets. He launches missiles of his own at Shining Armor.

Shining Armor gasps and flies out of range of SixSix's missiles. He shoots them before they explode near the cable car. "Trixie! Go without me!"

"On it!" Trixie uses her magic to turn on the cable car. She uses her magic to teleport to Starlight and Spike on the cable car, descending into the chasm.

Kraab sees the perfect opportunity to strike. "You're mine!" Kraab runs to the edge and leaps to the cable car.

Shining Armor is about to intercept when SixSix tackles Shining Armor, crashing into the rock walls of the chasm.

"Shining!" Trixie, Starlight, and Spike shout in horror after witnessing the impact of the collision. They turn to see Kraab about to pinch the cable car wire.

Spike hears a ping from the Omnitrix. It turns from red to green. Without wasting any time, Spike activates the Omnitrix and slams the faceplate without looking. It flashes green light.

Spike feels his body changing drastically and grows well-developed muscles, two pairs of four-fingered arms, and red skin. A black stripe goes from his chin to his lower lip, and he has four eyes, with the top pair bigger and a set smaller. Spike lacks ears and a nose. He has whisker-like spikes on each forearm; Spike wears a white T-shirt with a black line going down it, black pants, and fingerless gloves. The Omnitrix symbol is on his upper left shoulder. His eyes are yellow, and he has no hair. Spike's new alien is ten feet tall.

"Oh no, you don't!" Spike jumps from the cable car and uppercuts Kraab with his lower right arm; Kraab crashes into the rock walls hard. Spike's new alien gives him super strength. Spike grabs onto the cable car wire after the punch.

"WHOA!" Starlight and Trixie is shocked to see Spike's new alien. They can't believe Spike now has four arms.

"Be safe!" Spike shouts.

"We will!" Starlight shouts, speaking on behalf of Trixie.

Spike swings on the cable car wire, launching himself into the wall to punch and beatdown Kraab. That's when Tetrax swoops in on his hoverboard, taking Spike away from the conflict.

"Hey! What's the meaning of this!?" Spike punches Tetrax's helmet with his upper left arm; Tetrax releases his hold on Spike. The two are near several abandoned homes near another mining entrance.

Tetrax examines Spike's physiology. "Billions of beings on this planet, and the Omnitrix winds up on the wrist of a foolhardy youth."

"Foolhardy? Listen, punk. I may be young, but I'm not stupid!" Spike starts reading the body language of this alien in front of him.

"Hmm, the boy is attempting to learn my capabilities. However, I must extract the Omnitrix." Tetrax thought to himself.

"Just like those that came looking for me!" Spike lunges at Tetrax. "The watch doesn't come off!" He attempts to punch Tetrax.

Tetrax avoids Spike's feeble punch and gut-punches him. Spike stumbles back from the blow. "OF COURSE IT DOESN'T! Its power utilizes alien DNA, which binds to the host's own genetic structure. It cannot simply be removed like that!" Tetrax removes his helmet, revealing himself. Tetrax looks like Diamondhead.

"Whoa, you're the alien I turned into earlier today and last night," Spike now knows that he may encounter other species as his alien forms from the Omnitrix.

"More likely on brute strength, without regard for any strategy. Do you ever pause to consider your actions at all?" Tetrax demeaningly asks.

"I transformed into this four-armed alien not because of brute strength but to defend my friends from an incoming attack! I didn't look to see who I was choosing! I went with whoever I turned within the moment, hoping it was a good selection!" Spike defends himself with an honest reply. He sounds upset about being accused of reckless action.

"Defending his friends? Perhaps I underestimated him. I watched him having some fun before getting attacked by Kraab. However, he sounds genuine with the usage of the Omnitrix." Tetrax thought to himself. He's impressed with Spike's motives.

"Look, if we're done talking, I have to get back and make sure those punks didn't harm my friends!" Spike is about to take off when Tetrax grabs his shoulder.

"I'm coming with you. I had suspected you of abusing the Omnitrix when I failed to realize that you have good intentions. I'll help take down SixSix and Kraab," Tetrax said. He hops on his hoverboard and offers his hand to Spike.

"Let's roll," Spike said, grabbing Tetrax's hand.

Shining Armor is fighting SixSix with an energizer sword. SixSix is amazed to see someone else using an energy sword. Kraab continues to shoot missiles from the ground, hoping to kill Shining Armor or distract him long enough for SixSix to deliver the final blow. Shining Armor saw Tetrax taking Spike away from the battlefield. He believes the third bounty hunter reluctantly agrees to work with his allies rather than for self-interest. Trixie and Starlight are down below, watching the scenery. Trixie doesn't have any weapons on her. The wagon is too far to call upon her equipment to aid in battle by using her visors.

Tetrax travels swiftly, with Spike holding on. Spike jumps off of Tetrax's board, pummeling Kraab. Tetrax launches himself, removes his gloves, and punches SixSix. Shining Armor is confused; He uses the time to catch his breath.

Spike uses three of his arms to lift Kraab and toss him aside. He jumps and stomps Kraab's lower body; He dents the front scythe-like leg. He rips it off.

"Hey! I needed that!" Kraab uses his three scythe-like legs to get up.

"Not anymore!" Spike does a front flip. He jams the leg into the neck of Kraab by mistake. However, the tip leg impales nerve cluster and other components.

"AH CRAP!" Kraab starts sparking and going haywire. His movements become erratic.

"Here, have a seat!" Spike leg-sweeps Kraab. He falls on his back and continues to spark. Kraab is unable to get up.

After Shining Armor catches his breath, he sees Tetrax and SixSix fighting in the air. Using his machine gun torrent, he aims at SixSix's jetpack. Shining Armor fires a laser bullet at SixSix's jetpack. It connects.

SixSix speaks in his alien language. "Ah, shit!" SixSix flies unstably, allowing Tetrax to turn his arm into a sharp-edge cutter, slashing SixSix, and altering his direction.

Spike sees SixSix about to crash and runs away from the collision course; Kraab sees SixSix coming and swears that he hates Equus. SixSix lands on Kraab. Now, the two are not out of commission.

Spike's Omnitrix insignia starts flashing red. He reverts to his dragon self. Tetrax thought Spike was a filly. Seeing him as a dragon, who matured, makes him believe that the Omnitrix is with the right host.

Trixie and Starlight use their magic to levitate to the top after witnessing the final climax of the battle. Shining Armor lands next to them.

Tetrax lands near Kraab and SixSix. "You traitor!" They say in disgust.

"I was never a bounty hunter, to begin with; I am a noble warrior," Tetrax shoots an energy cube to detain Kraab and SixSix. He turns to Shining, Trixie, and Starlight.

"WHOA! HE LOOKS LIKE DIAMONDHEAD!" Shining, Starlight, and Trixie shout in awe.

"I'm Petrosapien. It's the name of my species, the same genetic code within the Omnitrix," Tetrax explains. "I came here in search of the Omnitrix and to retrieve it. It seems the Omnitrix is in good hands of mature, draconic youth. Forgive me for the misunderstanding of your tactics, Spike. I wasn't aware that you'll use the Omnitrix for the right reasons."

"It's alright. There's more to the Omnitrix for me to utilize to the fullest. I only had it for less than a day's worth. I plan on studying each alien to master every strength and turning a weakness into an offense."

"Spoken like a true warrior. I shall return. Farewell," Tetrax rides his hoverboard, leaving Equus.

Vilgax watched the whole sequence on his monitor. "A dragon wields my Omnitrix? When I recover, I shall extract the Omnitrix from his cold dead body!" Vilgax proclaims. He envisions the future of the galaxies in the palm of his hand.

"Hey, Shining? Do you have those saddle launchers in the van?" Starlight asks. She's eager to test and practice the plumbing equipment.

"We have different varieties for you to try, Starlight. Right now, I need a good nap," Shining replies.

"I wonder how Twilight and the others are doing at this moment," Spike ponders.

At this exact moment, Pinkie Pie is in front of Sugarcube Corner. She sees the building burned down, and her bed and private rooms burnt to a crisp. She's been sitting for hours with her mouth open wide. The Cakes have checked into a hotel until the repair ponies come and rebuild their bakery and home. Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash sit next to Pinkie to comfort her. They hear ponies praising Spike's Diamonded Alien in the background. Pinkie growls because whatever happened; was due to Spike's presence being in the wrong place at the wrong time.