• Published 29th Nov 2022
  • 3,255 Views, 166 Comments

Spike's Omnitrix - JSan82

  • ...
7
 166
 3,255

Transitions

Shining Armor slowly drives the RV on the fresh meadows of Equestria. He's going twenty-five miles per hour to test the stability of Doctor Whooves' invention. During the simulation, Doctor Whooves urged Shining Armor to feel the engine of the RV and grow a passionate relationship as pony and machine. In due time, Shining Armor will gain the confidence to accelerate and fully tests the limits of the RV.

Starlight Glimmer is reading a book about the plumbers' history and the many encounters with strange anomalies throughout the lands. She jots notes about crucial information about certain aliens, including an unknown world conqueror. The name is blurred and scratched. She wonders if Doctor Whooves forgot to mention hoof-held weapons when an alien, monster, or robot starts running amuck, making any life miserable. Starlight hopes that Shining Armor can train her to use any weapon to the fullest.

Spike looks out the window and sees the green pastures. He relishes the feeling of embarking on a new adventure. One that doesn't include Twilight Sparkle, which is refreshing. Spike laughs a bit. He just imagined a horrible breakfast Twilight might cook.

When Spike said his rant last night, he meant it. He's through taking care of Twilight. He refused to allow history to repeat itself even after they hugged. Twilight was oblivious to Spike many times before, and she's more committed to her kind than another now that Spike thinks about it. Spike shrugs that thought aside despite his feelings saying otherwise.

Princess Celestia finishes raising the sun. She is highly upset by the story Twilight revealed about taking care of Spike. Twilight expects a scolding on how to treat another species, especially one living with her for many years since infancy. Instead, Princess Celestia made her decree permanent about Twilight losing custody. At first, it was supposed to be temporary, so Spike could venture into the world and practice his new weapon. Now, it's different. There are legal boundaries every pony must follow in Equestria. As a friend, Celestia will forgive Twilight for the misdeed and allow her to keep Spike. From Spike's testimony, Princess Twilight Sparkle committed child negligence and exploitation. Therefore, as a Princess, Celestia's obligation is to uphold the laws within her country, no matter how painful the sentence is.

Princess Twilight Sparkle is devastated. She asks Princess Celestia who'll be Spike's legal guardian since she no longer has custody of Spike.

"It's evident that Shining Armor has treated Spike like a younger brother; he and Princess Cadance will become Spike's new legal guardians," Princess Celestia answers Twilight's question with sympathy.

"So, that's it?" Twilight Sparkle is angry that Princess Celestia can't give her a warning. She starts to resent Princess Luna by asking Princess Celestia to make a bold arrangement. She's livid at Pinkie Pie for exposing a dark truth to Princess Celestia.

"Yes. I will make arrangements with Princess Cadance to allow you to make visitations with Spike. I'm sorry, Twilight," Princess Celestia reads Twilight's body language. She knows Twilight is fuming with the loss of caring Spike.

"I can't get a second chance to redeem myself?!" Twilight feels betrayed that Princess Celestia can't disregard a situation based on her actions of saving Equestria numerous times. "I helped save Equestria many times! I apologized to Spike, and he forgave me! You owe me this favor!"

"Spike is still relatively young for a dragon. You, of all ponies, should know about obeying the law," Princess Celestia coldly states. "You are the Headmare of your school with laws and constitutions that you created! I can't ignore what you've done to a child because of your heroic deeds. I don't owe you any favors for violating a law. You are a Princess, and as a Princess, uphold and learn from your failures."

"Oh, like you failed your sister, Luna?" Twilight heartlessly says. Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash steer clear of Twilight's presence. It's a new side they have never seen in their friend and don't know how to cope with it. "Better yet, trusting a child with a superweapon. How professional," Twilight sarcastically says.

Princess Celestia takes a deep breath. What Twilight said about her sister hurt her, but she won't reveal her feelings. "I entrusted you to take care of Spike even after I sent you to Ponyville and make friends, not to abandon him once you made friends. I entrusted you to raise your relationship with Spike with your new friends. Not to let him rot alone in the library and castle doing your chores and having him take care of you. A child doesn't care for the grown pony. The grown pony cares for the child. You used Spike as a slave."

"A SLAVE?!" Twilight Sparkle is conflicted with that statement.

"Your claim as Spike being an assistant has turned into slavery. From what you told me about Spike, he's done the cleaning, the cooking, the running around, and subjugated for your experiments. That alone is a felony! You don't understand the gravity of the situation, Princess Twilight Sparkle," Princess Celestia sternly said in her royal tone, glaring rigidly at Twilight.

Twilight Sparkle pants heavily. She never thought of committing a felony, especially with supporting a young dragon. What Princess Celestia spoke is the truth. Now, if Twilight weren't a Princess, she'd be in worse circumstances than she is.

"Uh, Celestia?" Rarity interjects herself into the conversation. "What will happen to Twilight, now?" She cautiously asks after seeing how heated Princess Celestia is.

Princess Celestia glares at Rarity and sees her cowering in fear. She closes her eyes and releases a long sigh to calm down. "Princess Twilight Sparkle will resume her duties at the School of Friendship. She will learn what it takes to become a more responsible Princess and now parent if she chooses to bear a family. For the next three months. Princess Twilight Sparkle will care for herself at her castle. She won't receive any help, especially from the five of you. I expect full reports on what Twilight learned from stepping in Spike's footsteps. Princess Twilight Sparkle."

"Y-Y-Yes.., Pr-Pr-Princess..?" Twilight Sparkle nervously replies.

"If I receive word that you plan to stalk or spy on Spike during his vacation, I will strip you of your title as Princess of Friendship. Your wings will be removed as well. Do I make myself clear?"

Twilight Sparkle nods extensively.

"Good. Do NOT disappoint me," Princess Celestia turns away from Princess Twilight Sparkle. "You may leave now."

Twilight Sparkle leaves the throne room with her head down. Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie follow in pursuit. Once the throne room doors close, Princess Celestia releases some of her emotions. She failed Luna and suffered the consequences. One of her greatest downfalls is a painful reminder.

It's been three hours since Shining Armor drove the RV. Many curious ponies swarm around the RV, taking many pictures and wanting entrance in front of the city hall at Ponyville. Shining Armor is fed up with the constant flashes of cameras. He honks the horn to make them leave, but the ponies are more interested in learning more about the RV.

"Any other ideas you have, Shining?" Starlight asks. She sees fillies and colts hovering by the windows, trying to get a peep inside.

"I could blast them. However, that's against protocol," Shining replies with a dark joke.

"Starlight, can you teleport me to the castle?" Spike asks.

"How would that help us?" Starlight turns to Spike. Then she sees what Spike's planning.

"I believe Ponyville will be much more interested in seeing their hero than this contraption."

"You got it!" Starlight ignites her horn and shoots a beam at Spike. She teleports him to the castle.

"It's hero time!" Spike activates the watch and twists the faceplate twice. Then he slams it down. Green lights flashes, turning into Diamondhead. "Alright, time to shine," Spike runs to the RV and gathers everyone's attention. "Alright, it appears this town is thriving better than I thought."

"It's Diamond Dude!" Pipsqueak shouts. He diverts his attention from the RV to Spike's alien. "Can I have your autograph?!" Pipsqueak unintentionally draws the group to get closer to Spike. He flies ahead of his friends to see Spike personally.

"It is him!" Lyra and Bon Bon squee loudly.

"We love you, Diamond Dude!" Many ponies chant.

"My name is Diamondhead. I'll allow my adoring fans to call me Diamond Dude," Spike poses in front of his peers.

Mayor Mare excuses herself to greet Spike's alien. "Mister Diamondhead. It's a great honor to have our beloved hero in Ponyville. We want to throw you a parade and a celebration in honor of your heroism when you fought that titan last night!" Many ponies around the Mayor agree in unison.

"Shining! Now will be a good time to drive us out of here!" Starlight urges Shining to use the opportunity before the timer of Spike's watch deactivates.

Shining Armor drives the RV out of city hall. He has decided to park it near several trees and a purple wagon outside Ponyville. Starlight sees Trixie lounging on her chair outside her wagon; Trixie is wearing her sunglasses, relishing the cool breezes of the first day of summer.

Starlight gets excited and leaves the RV. "Trixie!" Starlight shouts happily to grab her friend's attention.

"Starlight?" Trixie removes her sunglasses to see Starlight trotting up to her. She sees Shining Armor in the windshield of the RV. Shining Armor nods.

"Trixie, I've come to see you and let you know that I'm going away on vacation," Starlight honestly says with a smile.

"Why are you with Shining Armor? Why not with your friends?" Trixie asks out of curiosity. "You two are having an affair or something?" Trixie seductively asks.

"Oh, well.., you see..," Starlight blushes and rubs the back of her head with her right front hoof. She's having a hard time explaining the plumbers' business and Spike's watch.

Trixie giggles. "Sorry, Starlight. I couldn't resist. Especially with my commanding officer sitting in front of the RV."

"Wait! How did you know..," Starlight's eyes widen in shock. "YOU'RE A PLUMBER?!"

Trixie bursts into laughter, seeing Starlight's reaction. Starlight Glimmer's jaw drops. She didn't anticipate her best friend being a plumber; Shining Armor chuckles from the RV. He heard Starlight's surprised shout.

"Indeed I am, Starlight," Trixie hugs her friend. "It's against protocol to reveal my identity unless my commanding officer approves it. I'm part of Shining Armor's squad."

"Who else is part of it?" Starlight is keen on knowing who else is part of the organization.

"It's not for me to tell, Starlight," Trixie stops hugging Starlight. "We're supposed to be nonexistent. How did you wind up becoming a plumber?"

"It's all thanks to Spike," Starlight's eyes widen. "I have to go and get him!"

"What's wrong with Spike?" Trixie is worried about Starlight's expression.

"Shining will fill you in! I have to go!" Starlight gallops to Ponyville.

Spike is getting overwhelmed with many ponies wanting an autograph and to take a picture. He's trying to elude the crowd, but it becomes restless. Pretty soon, his time as Diamondhead will sound off. Starlight arrives in Ponyville after using her teleportation spell. She sees Spike backing away and devises an idea. One she'll regret if somepony exposes her. Starlight shoots a magic beam, hitting Sugarcube Corner and setting it on fire. Starlight hides behind a barrel in hopes that no pony has seen her.

"Fire! Oh, my gosh!" The fire spreads rapidly at Sugarcube Corner. "My husband and the kids are inside!" Mrs.Cupcake shouts horridly. She's afraid of losing her family.

"It's hero time!" Spike jumps out of the crowd and runs to Sugarcube Corner. Ponies follow to watch the extravaganza. Many colts and fillies start chanting It's Hero Time!

Spike sees Carrot Cake holding onto his foals. Spike looks up and notices the ceiling starting to crack. Carrot Cake coughs while the smoke gets to him. It's blinding his vision. Spike runs to Carrot Cake when the ceiling gives way. Pinkie's bed fall and Spike turns his right arm into a sharp-edge cutter to slice the bed in half.

"Are you okay?" Spike asks Carrot Cake.

Carrot Cake coughs. "Never better. Please, get my children out of here!" Carrot Cake coughs more. The smoke becomes overwhelming.

Spike picks up Carrot Cake, Pound Cake, and Pumpkin cake. He rushes out of the bakery as the whole building collapses. Starlight hopes no one saw what she committed for Spike to flee from his peers.

"My babies!" Mrs.Cupcake rushes to her family. Pound and Pumpkin Cake are fine. It's Carrot Cake that got the worst ends of the fire. Spike puts him on the ground.

"I'm fine," Carrot Cake coughs. "Thanks to Diamond Dude," Carrot Cake turns to him.

"All in a day's work," Spike poses. Then his hourglass symbol starts bleeping and blinking red. "That's my cue to help the next creature! Farewell!" Spike runs away. Every pony waves bye and hopes to see Diamond Dude once again.

Spike runs near a bridge and reverts to his dragon self from underneath. He walks out, sighing in relief. Starlight Glimmer comes out of hiding. She refuses to speak about her action to draw Spike's attention elsewhere. Starlight tells Spike that he did well for using the rest of Diamondhead's time to save the Cake family.

Starlight and Spike walk back to the RV. They see Shining Armor hooking Trixie's wagon to the rear of the RV. Starlight knows that Trixie will be tagging along on the journey. Spike is confused, but Starlight reveals that Trixie is part of Shining Armor's team. Spike's jaw drops. He can't believe that Trixie is a plumber.

Trixie comes out of the RV and approaches Spike. She observes the watch. "Wow, this technology is so advanced. Shining Armor told me you can transform into an alien."

"I just did. Shining Armor drove the RV into Ponyville, and we got swarmed. I turned into Diamondhead to alter their attention span. Right now. The watch is on red, meaning it needs to recharge."

"What color it's on for you to transform?" Trixie asks.

"Green. When my watch is green, I can turn hero," Spike explains.

"Get ready to hear Spike's trademark, Great and Powerful Trixie," Starlight chuckles.

"I know I'm great and powerful due to my training with the plumbers, Starlight. My whole Great and Powerful persona is deceitful, Starlight. I'm sorry for deceiving you with an annoying character."

"What?! Who's idea was it?" Starlight can't believe the magician's persona is a lie.

"Honestly, we pick a subject from a hat and dedicate ourselves to fit that character," Trixie said. "We undergo a lot of training for any outcome, including becoming somepony else."

"With Trixie tagging along, your training has become smoother, Starlight. She's hoofs-on using hoof-held guns and saddle launchers. Also, Trixie will gather rations and supplies."

"I'll get us good stuff in-" Starlight cuts Trixie's speech.

"The next town!" Starlight frantically says. She doesn't want her friend to find out that she started a fire in Ponyville.

"Good call. Ponyville has become destination Diamond Dude," Spike said. "By going elsewhere, less attention."

"Good enough for me," Shining Armor starts the RV. "Alright, onto Dodge City or Junction. However you creatures call it," Shining Armor drives the RV. Spike waves bye to Ponyville. Trixie starts talking about her involvement with the plumbers. Starlight starts taking notes and mentally prepares herself when her training arrives. Spike hopes to test a different alien at the next destination.