• Published 10th Oct 2022
  • 504 Views, 9 Comments

My Little Pony: One as a Family. "Trials of Friendship" - SaburoDaimando



One month after the events of Life in Canterlot, Wanda will undergo new hardships, including having to separate from friends.

  • ...
18
 9
 504

PreviousChapters Next
Arc 22-7: The One True Heart

The One True Heart

Gold Banks’ helicopter flew over Manehattan as the aristocrat waited with anticipation. She looked out the window, anxious to step outside. Sitting next to her were three Debt Collector grunts, eager for action.

“Will you hurry it up?” Gold Banks commanded. “I am eager to see if she caught them or not.”

“We’re almost there, your excellency,” the pilot said. “I can see the school from my flight deck.”

Gold Banks sat back there as the copter flew towards Daisy Joy Tech. Her tone was rather sour as she waited.

“I want to know what is going on down there and if Ms. Honey Twist was able to get those brats under control,” Gold Banks said to herself. “I didn’t capture them just so they could make a mess of my school.”

“I’ll say,” one of the grunts said. “Sneaking into that castle and bagging those little goblins was the most fun we’ve ever had.”

“Hold your tongue,” Gold Banks commanded. “You will speak when I say so.”

Suddenly, the pilot yelled out “Your excellency. Something happened down at Daisy Joy Tech.”

“What do you mean by that?” Gold Banks yelled.

“See for yourself,” The pilot said as his co-pilot tapped a button on the ceiling.

The center of the helicopter’s passenger room rose up as a two-sided screen emerged. On the screen was Daisy Joy Tech, and a bunch of younglings lying on the ground, looking dazed and weakened.

“I don’t get it,” Gold Banks said. “She must have captured them that easily.”

“Take a closer look above,” The pilot said. “You’re in for a real shock.”

When Gold Banks looked above the younglings, she saw Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance, Eleanor Young and Ms. Honey Twist lying on the ground, struggling to get themselves back up. Banks’ face dropped down in horror.

“What is going on down there?” Gold Banks said. “Not only are the Princesses down for the count, but so is Ms. Honey Twist.”

“I don’t know why,” The Pilot said. “It’s like someone came up and did all of this to them.”

“Whoever it is will pay dearly for their intrusion,” Gold Banks snarled. “Take us down. I’ll deal with this interloper myself.”

“You got it, Excellency,” The Pilot complied as he flew the helicopter close to Daisy Joy Tech.

As the Helicopter landed on the ground, Gold Banks and her grunts stepped out and walked up towards Daisy Joy Tech in a hurry. They went through the broken entrance with the statue of Daisy Joy the Elephant lying next to them. Once they got in, they saw everyone in the vicinity struggle to get up.

“What is the meaning of this?” Gold Banks commanded. “What kind of school did I set up, only for every one of you to be lying down on the job?”

Gold Banks noticed Golden Lace lying on the ground, struggling to get up. She marched over to her daughter with her grunts by her side before pulling Lace up with her magic.

“Lace,” Gold Banks snarled.

“What do you want, Mother?” Golden Lace said, coldly.

“You have a lot to explain for this….this mess,” Gold Banks screeched.

“You want the entire truth?” Golden Lace said. “Go talk to Ms. Honey Twist. She’ll let you know.”

Gold Banks growled at Golden Lace before tossing her aside. Celestia quickly stopped Lace from landing on the ground with her magic before pulling her in.

“What’s your mother doing here?” Celestia asked.

“I think she found out about what happened here and she’s furious,” Golden Lace said.

As Celestia held Golden Lace tight, Gold Banks marched up to Ms. Honey Twist before picking her up with her magic and pulling the headmare to her face.

“Ms. Honey Twist,” Gold Banks yelled. “Explain. What happened?”

“Gold Banks,” Ms. Honey Twist explained. “We relieved Marcie Pan and Fawn Doo of their duties as Junior Wardens and forced Princess Wanda to become our new Junior Warden. And just when we were about to claim victory over the escapees and the rescue squad led by Princess Celestia and Prince Blueblood, Wanda betrayed us all.”

“You idiot,” Gold Banks yelled before she threw Ms. Honey Twist to the ground. “You bumbling idiot. I should fire you for botching everything up.”

“LOOK BEHIND YOU!” Warden Steel Bolt yelled.

“Don’t you pull that stunt on me,” Gold Banks yelled as she marched up to Warden Steel Bolt. “You blew it. You allowed these juvenile delinquents to break free and…”

But before she could finish, Gold Banks and her grunts were hit by supersonic waves, causing them to scream in agony before dropping to the ground.

“I told you,” Warden Steel Bolt said.

Gold Banks slowly turned her body to the front where Former Junior Warden Wanda Young approached the aristocrat, brandishing her supersonic blaster and grinning evily with her eyes glowing dark red.

“You,” Gold Banks snarled. “You did this.”

“I sure did,” Wanda taunted. “I betrayed everyone in this vicinity, including you. And I must thank you for making me see the error of my ways.”

“Error of your ways?” Gold Banks screeched. “You trashed my school and you caught me in a trap. What do you mean by that?”

“Allow me to demonstrate,” Wanda said.

Wanda turned towards the guards who emerged from Daisy Joy Tech, who slowly approached Wanda, hesitant to even point their blaster at her.

“Today is a day that will be our finest hour,“ Wanda announced. “We will march onto the steps of Canterlot and force the Senate and the Chancellor to draft the resolutions of surrender. Once it has been signed, I will dissolve the senate, and assume command as the new Empress of Equestria. And I will bring you a new glorious era to the planet as we conquer the Changelings, the Windigo’s Guild and the Hippogriffs. Glory to the New World Order.”

As the guards cheered in unison, Sunset Shimmer slowly got herself up before she was finally on her four hooves. She looked down and saw a spare supersonic blaster on the ground.

“This is my only chance,” Sunset said.

But as Wanda ordered the guards to cheer, she looked down at Gold Banks before picking her up.

“As for you,” Wanda said. “I’m going to use you, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna as a bargaining chip for the surrender of the Equestrian Government. Once they cave into my demands, I will transfer you all to Tartarus and take over, with Daisy Joy Tech as my new seat of power.”

“You’re insane,” Gold banks said.

“So they say,” Wanda laughed.

“Wanda, that’s enough.” Wanda turned around to see Sunset Shimmer point the supersonic blaster at her.

“What do you intend on doing with that, weakling?” Wanda scowled.

“Something that I should have done,” Sunset said.

And with that, Sunset Shimmer fired off the supersonic waves from her blaster, hitting Wanda and Gold Banks. They both screamed in agony before dropping to the ground.

“WANDA,” Celestia and Eleanor yelled.

“It’s okay,” Sunset said. “She’ll be fine.”

As Sunset Shimmer held the blaster, she walked up to Wanda, who only glared at her sister with red in her eyes.

“You fool,” Wanda scowled. “You’ve only delayed the inevitable. I will rise and become your Empress and you will bow before me, unless you do what you think is right.”

“If you’re talking about putting you in Tartarus, no,” Sunset said. “I just want to see my sister again.”

Sunset Shimmer picked up Wanda and hugged her tight, shedding a tear from her eyes.

“Please Wanda, “Sunset cried. “I missed you so much.”

As Sunset’s tears fell from her eyes and onto Wanda, the Man’s Cub’s eyes began to light up as images of her past with Sunset Shimmer, Princess Celestia and all her friends flashed. Once they disappeared, the red in her eyes vanished.

“Su…Sunset,” Wanda said. “What have I done?”

Sunset looked at Wanda, who now looked ashamed before cracking a smile.

“What you didn’t know you were doing because of Ms. Honey Twist,” Sunset said before she hugged Wanda again.

Immediately, Twilight Sparkle, Spike the Dragon, Abigail Albright, Starlight Glimmer, Firelight and Starseeker Glimmer, Misty Brightdawn, Pinkie Pie, Golden Lace, Juniper Montage, Cozy Glow, Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, Sonata Dusk, Vignette Valencia, Wallflower Blush, Gloriosa Daisy, Lightning Dust, Marcie Pan, Fawn Doo, Prince Blueblood, Hoops, Dumbbell, Score, Flim, Flam, Rolling Thunder, Short Fuse, Shining Armor, Princess Cadance, Eleanor Young, Princess Luna and Princess Celestia got up on their legs and began to cheer. Wanda turned around and saw them all cheer for her.

“They’ve missed you, Wanda,” Sunset cried. “They’ve missed you so much.”

As Wanda cried in the presence of everyone who cheered for her, Celestia turned towards the left where she saw the guards approach with their supersonic blasters held out.

“No time to celebrate,” Princess Celestia commanded. “Come on. We’re leaving.”

Immediately, Wanda and Sunset ran up to the group as they all made their way to the royal carriage, where the two pegasi got back on their two legs.

“There’s not enough who can fit in there,” Prince Blueblood said.

“Gold Banks must have left behind her helicopter,” Princess Cadance said. “We’ll commandeer it and get everyone out.”

“Great idea,” Shining Armor said. “You got this?”

“I sure do,” Princess Cadance said. “Besides, I got my license to pilot one of these babies.”

Nearby, Eleanor Young picked up a pair of supersonic blasters and said to the group “I’ll hold them off. Get to the choppa.”

Princess Celestia nodded as she, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance, Firelight Glimmer, Starseeker Glimmer and Shining Armor escorted all of the younglings away from Daisy Joy Tech and either the royal carriage or Gold Banks’ personal helicopter. Eleanor turned her attention towards Ms. Honey Twist, who got herself up along with Warden Steel Bolt, Officer Blue Heat and Gold Banks.

“You there,” Gold Banks yelled as the guards stood behind her. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Teaching you a lesson for what you did to Wanda and her friends,” Eleanor said.

With a push of both triggers, Eleanor fired off the supersonic blasters, emitting supersonic waves at Gold Banks, Ms. Honey Twist, Warden Steel Bolt, Officer Blue Heat and the guards of Daisy Joy Tech. They all screamed in pain before they collapsed onto the ground.

“Never mess with a guardian angel,” Eleanor said before she turned around and walked towards the royal carriage.

Immediately, Princess Celestia opened the carriage as Wanda, Sunset, Abigail, Twilight, Spike, Starlight, Pinkie PIe, Misty Brightdawn, Golden Lace, Juniper Montage, Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, Sonata Dusk, Firelight Glimmer, and Starseeker Glimmer got inside. She turned to Eleanor, who walked away from the fallen foes.

“Luna and I will fly by the carriage from here on out,” Princess Celestia said.

“Same here,” Eleanor said.

Holding her arms into the air, giant insect wings formed from Eleanor Young’s back. Most of the younglings, along with Firelight and Starseeker, looked out from the carriage and were amazed by Eleanor’s wings.

“Wow,” Pinkie Pie said. “Just like Wanda.”

“I never knew she could fly,” Firelight Glimmer said.

But as nearly everyone looked out the window, Wanda sat in her seat, ashamed and depressed.

“What did I do?” Wanda said to herself.

“It wasn’t your fault,” Misty said as she turned back towards Wanda. “Ms. Honey Twist did that to you because of she did to me and Starlight Glimmer.”

But Wanda just sighed and stared out the window.

Nearby, Princess Cadance and Shining Armor escorted Prince Blueblood, Hoops, Dumbbell, Score, Flim, Flam, Rolling Thunder, Short Fuse, Marcie Pan, Fawn Doo, Lightning Dust, Cozy Glow, Wallflower Blush, Vignette Valencia and Gloriosa Daisy to the helicopter, where the pilot and co-pilot emerged.

“Hey, what are you all doing here?” The Pilot said as he approached Princess Cadance.

“This is Gold Banks’ personal aircraft,” The Co-Pilot said. “No entry without authorization.”

Princess Cadance glared down at the two pilots with her eyes glowing bright.

“Step aside if you know what’s good for you,” Princess Cadance yelled in a demonic tone.

“Okay okay,” The pilot said. “You can have it.”

The Pilot and Co-Pilot ran off from the helicopter as Princess Cadance smirked with amusement.

“This is why I’m glad to be with you,” Shining Armor joked.

“Ain’t it the truth, Romeo,” Princess Cadance said. “Now let’s get them on board.”

Princess Cadacne opened the door to the helicopter as Prince Blueblood, Cozy Glow and the remaining colts and fillies jumped on board and took a seat. Once Princess Cadance closed the door, she ran to the pilot’s seat and jumped in while Shining Armor sat down in the Co-Pilot’s seat, shutting the door behind him.

“Are you all seated?” Princess Cadance asked.

“We are,” Prince Blueblood said as the other younglings had their seat belts fastened.

“Then put your tray tables up and prepare for take-off,” Shining Armor said.

Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and Eleanor Young flew up into the air as the royal carriage followed from behind with the pegasi pulling it. Right behind them, Gold Banks’ personal helicopter took off from Daisy Joy Tech, following the Royal Carriage from behind.

As Gold Banks got up, she watched in horror as Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and Eleanor Young led both the Royal Carriage and her personal Helicopter away from Daisy Joy Tech and from Manehattan.

“CURSE YOU, PRINCESS CELESTIA!” Gold Banks yelled. “YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS, I SWEAR OF IT!”

Ms. Honey Twist slowly got up with Warden Steel Bolt and Officer Blue Heat following suit. The guards were knocked unconscious as the trio brushed the dust off their clothing.

“Good riddance to bad rubbish,” Ms. Honey Twist said.

“I do agree,” Warden Steel Bolt said. “Those brats made fools out of all of us.”

“At least we were able to hold back the rest of those juvenile delinquents,” Officer Blue Heat said.

“Come,” Ms. Honey Twist said. “We should return and prepare for the delinquents’ lesson plan, plus list those horrible monsters as permanently expelled.”

But before the three could walk away, Gold Banks grabbed Ms. Honey Twist and spun her around.

“You lost them,” Gold Banks snarled. “You lost those brats because of Wanda Young.”

“She was intended on being our Junior Warden, and she chose to betray us,” Ms. Honey Twist stated.

“No excuses, you morons,” Gold Banks said. “I should have you all fired for your incompetence, and hire someone new to run this school.”

Suddenly, a portal materialized from behind Gold Banks. The aristocrat, still unhinged, stood by as Magistrate Creme Dream emerged from the portal.

“Magistrate,” Gold Banks fumed as she marched towards Creme Dream. “Look what these fools did. They allowed a number of delinquents to escape my facility and…”

But Creme Dream slapped Gold Banks across the face, shutting her up.

“Imbecil,” Creme Dream snapped. “Fool. Idiot. Do you realize what you have done with that little stunt of yours?”

“Do I look like I care?” Gold Banks snarled. “The Senate has no right to refuse my demands and…”

Immediately, Creme Dream slapped Gold Banks across the face again.

“You were supposed to abide by the results of Senate Bill 060660 and you chose to defy their wishes,” Creme Dream said. “Now I have to clean up the mess you made.”

“The mess I made?” Gold Banks said. “It was your fault for not blackmailing the Senate into siding with my proposal. So I had to do things myself, and nothing you can do will change my mind.”

“Very well,” Creme Dream said, her voice shaking with anger. “Effective immediately, you are no longer my apprentice, relieved of all duties that you were assigned to. Furthermore, you are given a lifetime ban from Canterlot. Violate that ban and I will make sure you suffer in Tartarus for the rest of your life. We are done here.”

With that, Creme Dream marched away from Gold Banks before going through the portal and disappearing completely, leaving Gold Banks alone in the ruins of Daisy Joy Tech while Ms. Honey Twist, Warden Steel Hoof and Officer Steel Bolt all approached her.

“Curse you, Creme Dream,” Gold Banks snarled. “You will regret the day you kicked me out.”

“Mrs Banks,” Ms. Honey Twist said. “Perhaps it’s time to implement Operation Daisy Joy, as a form of revenge against your former mentor.”

“Revenge?” Gold Banks said. “Tell me more.”

“First,” Warden Steel Bolt said, “You should send a message to her by rallying your base.”

Gold Banks just stood there with a devilish grin on her face.

Later that evening, the helicopter and carriage landed on the landing pad in Canterlot as Celestia, Luna and Eleanor landed in front. Colts and Fillies poured out from both vehicles. Firelight Glimmer and Starseeker emerged from the carriage while Princess Cadance and Shining Armor stepped out from the flight deck of the Helicopter.

“We did it,” Shining Armor said. “We got them all safe. We’re heroes.”

“What’d I tell ya, Shining,” Princess Cadance laughed. “We got them all back and we got our happily ever after.”

As Princess Cadance and Shining Armor danced, Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer, Spike and Abigail ran up to the two lovebirds and joined in on the dancing.

“We did it, we did it, the younglings have finally come home,” Princess Cadance and Shining Armor sang.

But as Celestia counted all the younglings who gathered around her, she said “Wait. Where’s Wanda?”

Immediately, Wanda slowly came out of the carriage and slumped forward, still wearing that warden uniform. She looked up at everyone and was on the verge of tears.

“Wanda?” Princess Luna said. “Are you alright?”

“NO!” Wanda cried. “I BECAME A MONSTER!”

Wanda ran off from the entire group into the castle, crying her eyes out. Prince Blueblood tried to reach out as Cadance, Shining, Twilight, Sunset, Spike and Abigail stopped dancing.

“Wanda, come back,” Misty yelled.

“Cousin,” Blueblood said in a somber voice.

“She’s gone through a whole lot since Ms. Honey Twist tormented her mind,” Eleanor Young said. “Perhaps we should all go and let her know how much we’re glad she’s back.”

“I’m afraid I can’t join you,” Prince Blueblood said as he tapped on his video phone.”

“Prince Blueblood,” Cozy Glow said. “What do you mean by that?”

Prince Blueblood handed his phone over to Princess Celestia, who gasped in horror at the article on the screen.

“You’ve become a fugitive?” Princess Celestia said.

“Yes,” Prince Blueblood said. “Because I broke into Daisy Joy Tech, I am now a wanted criminal across all of Equestria. And if I stayed with you, you would be harboring a criminal and your names would be tarnished. So effective immediately, I must banish myself from Canterlot.”

“I understand,” Princess Celestia said. “And I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay,” Prince Blueblood said. “Besides, I did it for my cousins and her friends. In fact, I may have to go back to Manehattan and rescue the rest of the younglings who are trapped in that horrible school, and liberate them.”

“Take the copter with you,” Princess Luna said. “It will prove efficient in your mission.”

“Thank you,” Prince Blueblood said.

But as Prince Blueblood stepped towards the copter, Hoops, Dumbbell, Score, Flim, Flam, Rolling Thunder, Short Fuse, Marcie Pan, Fawn Doo and Lightning Dust stood in front of him.

“We’re going with you,” Hoops said.

“Are you all really sure about this?” Prince Blueblood asked.

“We are,” Lightning Dust said. “All of us. Breaking out of that school was one thing. Getting the others out is our next goal. We’ll give them the freedom they need.”

“Sounds like you’re our kind of gal,” Rolling Thunder said. “Lightning Dust, was it?”

“Yep,” Lightning Dust said. “And you two must be Rolling Thunder and Short Fuse.”

“In the flesh,” Short Fuse said.

“I think this is the beginning of an awesome friendship,” Lightning Dust said.

Prince Blueblood turned towards Marcie Pan and Fawn Doo before he said “I take it you’re in to atone for your status as Junior Wardens at Daisy Joy Tech.”

Both Marcie Pan and Fawn Doo nodded in agreement.

“We were terrible ponies back then,” Marcie Pan explained. “We wanted to torment other colts and fillies just to please Ms. Honey Twist.”

“To make up for what we did, we’re joining your resistance,” Fawn Doo said. “And pay back Ms. Honey Twist for double crossing us.”’

“You know it’s dangerous out there,” Golden Lace said. “Who knows what other lines Ms. Honey Twist has crossed since we were back at that miserable school.”

“We are,” Marcie Pan said. “Even if it doesn’t redeem ourselves in the eyes of those we hurt, we’re still doing it for the sake of it.”

“Then you’ve redeemed yourself in my eyes,” Golden Lace said as she gave Marcie Pan and Fawn Doo a hug.

“As for us,” Hoops said as Dumbbell, Score, Flim and Flam stood by him, “We came down there just to cause trouble and mayhem. But after seeing what Ms. Honey Twist has done, we’re on board with your mission.”

“Very well,” Prince Blueblood said. “We take off this instant.”

“Aww,” Pinkie Pie said. “Aren’t you going to stick around for the party?”

“Nah,” Prince Blueblood said. “But thanks for the invitation. Right now, we have to take off.”

“By the way,” Sunset said. “Are you sure you can fly a helicopter?”

“Fly?” Blueblood said with a smirk on his face. “I’ve flown more complicated machines than this before the last Gala.”

Golden Lace released her hold from Marcie Pan and Fawn Doo before they gave her a bump on the hoof.

“You two be careful,” Golden Lace said. “Got it?”

“Got it,” Marcie Pan and Fawn Doo said.

With that, Hoops, Dumbbell, Score, Flim, Flam, Marcie Pan, Fawn Doo, Rolling Thunder and Short Fuse hopped into the helicopter before Lightning Dust closed the door. She hopped into the Co-Pilot side before Prince Blueblood hopped into the pilot’s chair of the copter. The blades of the helicopter turned on, spinning as fast as possible. Princess Celestia walked over to the pilot’s door where Prince Blueblood turned to him.

“Promise me you’ll let me know your status?” Princess Celestia asked.

“I will,” Prince Blueblood said with a tear rolling down his cheek. “In the meantime, keep them safe, Aunt Celestia.”

Princess Celestia backed up as the helicopter took off from the landing pad and flew eastward back to Manehattan. Celestia and Luna stood there, watching as the copter disappeared into the sky.

“Best of luck to you, nephew,” Princess Luna said.

“That reminds us,” Firelight Glimmer said. “I believe we should all throw a welcome home party for the missing girls, and cheer Wanda up.”

“Great idea,” Starseeker said. “We should also contact their relatives and let them know that we brought them back.”

“Oooh,” Pinkie Pie said. “I’ll whip up a party in no time at all.”

“I can’t wait,” Starlight said. “It’s going to be great.”

As Firelight Glimmer, Starseeker Glimmer, Starlight Glimmer and Pinkie Pie went into the castle, Celestia and Luna looked up at the higher parts of the structure before turning towards each other.

“Wanda’s been through a whole lot more than we realized,” Princess Celestia said. “We should give her some time before we go cheer her up.”

“I’m with you on that, sis,” Princess Luna said.

“I hope she’ll be alright,” Misty Brightdawn said. “It’s been a thousand years since I’ve last seen her and I’m sad that she was tormented like that.”

“It will take some time for her to cheer up after that stunt,” Princess Celestia said. “But when we get inside, I’ll let your brother know that you’re here, safe and sound.”

“Thanks Princess,” Misty said. “And thanks for helping me out those many years ago.”

“It was our honor, Misty,” Princess Celestia said.

And so, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna walked into the castle with Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, Spike, Abigail, Golden Lace, Cozy Glow, Misty Brightdawn, Juniper Montage, Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, Sonata Dusk, Vignette Valencia, Wallflower Bush and Gloriosa Daisy following from behind. Eleanor looked up at the top of the castle and smiled while a tear rolled down her cheek.

“It’s a shame what happened with my daughter,” Eleanor said. “But at least I’m glad she’s finally home, safe and sound.”

To Be Continued in…

A True Homecoming

Author's Note:

While this is not the end of the arc, yet, I did bring most parts of it to a conclusion.

The obvious one is that the younglings are no longer apart of Daisy Joy Tech.

Another one is Wanda is back to normal, though she's already affected by the fact that she was evil.

And yes, Gold Banks finally got her just desserts in more ways than one. I was intended on having her punishment be less, like she has a final warning. But I'd decided to just amp it up and have her lose her political position. That being said, this isn't the last you'll hear of Gold Banks.

One last thing, I decided to have a slight downer ending for Prince Blueblood. He's now wanted for his actions in freeing his cousins and their friends from Daisy Joy Tech. So now he leads a resistance group in freeing the rest of the students from that school. We won't see him again until Operation Daisy Joy

There is only one part left in Prisoners of Daisy Joy Tech. Stay tuned.

PreviousChapters Next