• Published 10th Oct 2022
  • 504 Views, 9 Comments

My Little Pony: One as a Family. "Trials of Friendship" - SaburoDaimando



One month after the events of Life in Canterlot, Wanda will undergo new hardships, including having to separate from friends.

  • ...
18
 9
 504

PreviousChapters Next
Arc 9(Amending Fences)-1: Return to the Abandoned Orphanage

Arc 09: Amending Fences

Return to the Abandoned Orphanage

It was a beautiful day in Canterlot. As the ponies of the city mingled with each other, the bell at the School for Gifted Unicorns went off, with Wanda Young, Abigail Albright, Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, Spike the Dragon, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Moondancer and Danged Spell emerging from the entrance of the school. Everyone felt excited today, as if they were ready to take on the world.

“What a beautiful day,” Wanda said as Abigail jumped onto the back of her right shoulder. “And what a day to have fun.”

“As someone who enjoys studying,” Sunburst said “ I’ve never felt this ecstatic on leaving the school just to enjoy the afternoon.”

“Consider the fact that we haven’t been assigned homework,” Twilight Sparkle said. “I’d say that’s saying a lot. But I still wish I did have homework.”

“Come on, Twilight,” Sunset said. “It’s time not to obsess over overworking.”

“Yeah,” Danged Spell said. “You don’t really want to burn yourself out over all that homework, Egghead.”

“I know what you mean by that,” Twilight said. “But sometimes I like having homework for one reason: To keep my mind occupied and challenged, and because it’s fun.”

“I’m afraid they’re right,” Moondancer said. “The last thing we need is for you to depart Canterlot for some town in the middle of nowhere just to do an assignment on friendship, and leave all of us behind.”

“Oh come on, Moondancer,” Twilight said. “Me? Depart to a town for an assignment on friendship? Now that’s overkill.”

“I thought you enjoyed doing homework,” Danged Spell said with a smirk on his face.

“I do,” Twilight said. “But not to the point where you guys are not with me.”

“Yeah Spell,” Starlight said before giving Danged Spell a hoof noogie. “Even Princess Celestia isn’t willing to do something like that.”

Danged Spell looked at Starlight and blushed with embarrassment.

“Now come on guys,” Danged Spell said. “I was only kidding.”

“Only kidding, huh?” Sunset said, staring down Danged Spell with a smirk on her face.

“Guys,” Danged Spell said with a nervous tone. “This isn’t funny.”

As Sunset, Starlight and Wanda giggled a bit, Twilight Sparkle turned to her right and saw Twilight Velvet walking down the street. She immediately tapped Sunset on the shoulder, catching her attention.

“Hey guys,” Twilight said. “Isn’t that mom? I thought she was going to greet me at home.”

“That’s very unusual for her,” Sunset Shimmer said. “From what you described to me, she’s usually a stay-at-home kind of mare.”

“Maybe mommy knows why she’s out and about,” Wanda said.

Twilight just laughed and said “I don’t think Princess Celestia would be able to answer that, Wanda.”

“Still,” Sunburst said. “You might want to catch up and talk with her.”

Twilight nodded. She whistled to Spike, who ran up and hopped onto the filly’s back before she took off after Twilight Velvet. The rest of the younglings watched on with Abigail reaching out to Spike and letting out a sad meow.

“Don’t you worry, Abby,” Wanda said, rubbing Abigail on the back of her head. “He’ll be back once this is settled.”

“Still,” Sunset said. “It wouldn’t be right just to let them go by themselves. We should follow along.”

“Right,” Wanda said. “Let’s go.”

With that, Wanda, Sunset, Abigail, Starlight, Sunburst, Moondancer and Danged Spell slowly followed Twilight Sparkle from behind.

Up ahead, Twilight Sparkle ran up to Twilight Velvet with Spike riding on her back. While Twilight Sparkle looked content with seeing her mother, Twilight Velvet looked a bit preoccupied.

“Mom,” Twilight Sparkle said, catching the attention of Twilight Velvet. “I didn’t expect you to be out here today.”

“Twilight,” Twilight Velvet replied. “I’m sorry I had to depart the house on such short notice. But there is something I need to take care of.”

“Take care of?” Twilight Sparkle said in a curious tone. “What do you mean by that?”

“Have you ever heard about the abandoned orphanage in Canterlot?” Twilight Velvet asked.

Twilight thought for a second before she said “Oh yeah. That was where Sunset Shimmer came from.” She frowned for a bit before she said “But she still blames herself for what happened to the place.”

“Why’s that?” Twilight Velvet asked as she and Twilight Sparkle walked down the street.

Twilight Sparkle took a deep breath and said “Sunset believed that she was the one who destroyed the orphanage unintentionally, by becoming this big she-demon out of her own control. And I know what you’re going to say: That’s ridiculous. But Princess Celestia was also aware of this, and I have seen it with my own eyes.”

“Oh dear,” Twilight Velvet said “Princess Celestia told me that Sunset Shimmer was that demon. But I never truly expected her to become something like that.”

“Unfortunately, it’s true,” Twilight Sparkle said as Spike looked on from her back. “And ever since then, Princess Celestia has looked after Sunset Shimmer to make sure she doesn’t end up like that again.”

Twilight Velvet breathed a sigh of relief and said “Well thank goodness. With a mother like Princess Celestia, Sunset Shimmer will be alright. But I do have some concerns for her well-being.”

“Why’s that?” Twilight Sparkle asked.

“Because she used to have friends back at the abandoned orphanage,” Twilight Velvet said. “Three earth pony fillies who used to call her friend, but they had a falling out. Their names are Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk. Furthermore, they were once part of an orphanage.”

“Wow,” Twilight Sparkle said. “I didn’t know that Sunset Shimmer had friends before meeting Wanda Young.”

“Well the reason why I know about this is thanks to Princess Celestia,” Twilight Velvet said. “She told me about the plight of these fillies and the fact that one of them is unwilling to leave the ruins of the orphanage. Mentioned something about breaking up their friendship with Sunset and how it’s hurt her since.”

Twilight Sparkle’s face turned into a frown as she shifted her eyes to the ground. Her ears flopped down as she turned her face downward.

“Wow,” Twilight said in a subtle tone. “I wonder what happened that had Sunset and the trio break apart as friends.”

“It’s more of a feeling of betrayal than what you stated about Sunset,” Twilight Velvet said. “Sunset made a promise that she would be close friends with the trio, especially Adagio Dazzle. But after Sunset Shimmer was adopted by Princess Celestia and took up some new friends like you, Adagio Dazzle felt betrayed by Sunset’s new life, and chose to break their friendship up.”

Twilight looked up at her mother and said “I wish I could meet them, and convince them that we can all be friends.”

“Then let us head towards that orphanage and help amend broken hearts,” Twilight Velvet said. “Besides, I’m not the only one who’s needed to help out the trio.”

With that, Twilight Velvet and Twilight Sparkle walked down the street with Spike riding on the little Twilight’s back, and the rest of the group following the duo from behind without any notice.

Meanwhile, outside the gates of the abandoned orphanage, Twilight Sparkle, Twilight Velvet and Spike looked in between the bars. The ruins of the orphanage looked in horrible shape, with cracks forming along the walls and vines steeping upwards. Some of the glass windows were shattered open, piercing light into the hallowed halls. The upper left part of the mansion was torn off as if a monster emerged from the place.

“I still can’t believe Sunset Shimmer came from this orphanage,” Twilight Sparkle said. “Why didn’t she tell me more about this place?”

“I believe she felt uncomfortable about what she claimed she did,” Twilight Velvet said. “But it wasn’t her fault. In my mind, it felt more like a misunderstanding.”

“Like a form of guilt?” Twilight Sparkle asked.

“Yes,” Twilight Velvet said as she eyed the opened door of the gate. “Now come. It’s time we met her former friends in person.”

Twilight Sparkle nodded as she followed Twilight Velvet through the gate with Spike riding atop the little filly. Once through, the duo ran towards the mansion with Spike holding on.

But nearby, Wanda, Sunset, Abigail, Starlight, Sunburst, Moondancer and Danged Spell approached the gate of the orphanage. Sunset looked through as she saw the ruins of the very mansion that she once lived in and let out a big sigh.

“Never thought we’d be seeing this place again,” Wanda said, looking at the ruined mansion.

“So this is where Sunset Shimmer came from?” Starlight said as she observed the remains of the mansion.

“Exactly where she came from.” Those words caused some confusion from Starlight, Sunburst, Moondancer and Danged Spell, all while Sunset just stared at the mansion. Wanda and Abigail turned to their right, where Princess Celestia and Princess Luna approached the group.

“Mommy?” Wanda said. “I’m surprised that you and Aunt Woona are here.”

“Well I had a feeling that you both would be coming down to this place again,” Princess Celestia said. “And not to mention the assignment I gave to Twilight Velvet.”

“Wait a minute,” Sunburst said. “Assignment? What assignment?”

Princess Luna approached the younglings and said “Not that long ago, sometime after Wanda got her cutie mark, she had her necklace stolen by an earth pony filly, who took it to this building. It was there that Sunset Shimmer discovered old friends who were bitter about her no longer living with them.”

“In that abandoned building?” Starlight asked, pointing to the ruins of the orphanage.

“Yeah,” Sunset said in a rather drained tone. “In there.”

“It was rather reckless for Wanda and Sunset to come to this place,” Princess Celestia said. “And I was disappointed in them. But after hearing why they had to do it, I had to come here to talk with Adagio Dazzle, in hopes of giving her a chance to start a new life in the castle.”

“But it didn’t take long for mommy to reveal that they declined the offer,” Wanda said.

“They declined?” Starlight replied.

“Yes,” Princess Luna said. “Apparently, Adagio Dazzle was too hurt to accept the offer or make amends with Sunset Shimmer, and she was too ashamed. Sister didn’t want them to be put in danger. But at the same time, she chose to respect their wish to remain.”

“As a result,” Princess Celestia said. “I chose to buy out the land and allow Twilight Velvet to look after the trio.”

“It was all because Adagio Dazzle believed that Sunset Shimmer abandoned her and the sisters for you guys,” Wanda said with Abigail meowing in agreement.

But before anyone could speak, Danged Spell raised his hoof into the air, catching both Princesses’ attention.

“Danged Spell,” Princess Celestia said. “Do you have anything to say about this?”

“As a matter of fact, I do,” Danged Spell said in an irritated tone. “Why didn’t any of you tell us about this? And not just Wanda or Sunset, but both Celestia and Luna?”

“I’m afraid he’s right,” Moondancer said. “You guys should have told us about this instead of keeping us in the dark about these three fillies.”

Celestia was at a loss for words. She turned to Luna, who just nodded her head in embarrassment.

“You’re right,” Celestia said. “We should have. But at the same time, we didn’t want you to put yourselves in danger.”

“In danger?” Danged Spell said. “No offense, but we don’t need to go in there if we want danger. It always comes to us, everytime. Like with the Ponyville Fair, Gold Banks’ decision to send her Debt Collectors to kidnap Wanda, or the changeling invasion at the Grand Gallopin Gala.”

“Point taken,” Luna said. She turned to Celestia and said “I think we’re on thin ice when it comes to convincing them otherwise.”

Celestia just laughed and said “I think we owe them more than just an explanation.” She turned to the younglings and said “Come. It’s time we introduced ourselves to the Dazzling Sisters.”

“Oooh,” Starlight said as she wagged her tail with excitement. “We actually get to meet them?”

“Sounds like we are,” Wanda said. She turned to Sunset before she said. “Though I don’t think my sister is excited to see them.”

Starlight turned towards Sunset, who just slumped her body on the bars and starred in the distance.

“Hey Sunset,” Starlight said. “You wanna come in with us?”

“No thanks,” Sunset said in a depressed tone. “You go without me.”

Starlight turned to Wanda and said “Poor Sunset. What should we do?”

Suddenly, Wanda felt something brush against her leg. She looked down and saw Abigail use her paw to rub Wanda’s leg in a panicked tone.

“Abby?” Wanda said. “What’s going on?”

But all Abigail could say was “Dog. Dog.”

Wanda and Starlight turned to their left to see the Alicorn Bulldog approach them, fangs bare and growling loudly. The two immediately grabbed each other and began to quiver in fear, catching everyone else’s attention, especially Sunset who’s depressed tone turned to fear, and Celestia, who’s eyes were focused on the dog.

“This mutt again?” Danged Spell said as he jumped in front of Wanda and Starlight and glared down at the Alicorn Bulldog.

As Danged Spell and the Alicorn Bulldog stared down each other, Princess Celestia leaped over the young colt and stood in front of him.

“Spell, stand down,” Princess Celestia said. “I’ll take it from here.”

Spell looked up at Princess Celestia and smiled before taking a few steps back. Celestia smiled back at Spell before turning her gaze towards the Alicorn Bulldog, who could only stand there and stare helplessly at the alicorn princess.

“You will leave my daughters and her friends alone, you NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY DOG!” Princess Celestia yelled with her voice reverbing from her windpiles.

The Alicorn Bulldog yelped as loud as possible before turning tail and running off in the opposite direction. Celestia just stood there with a smile on her face before turning back towards the rest of the group. Sunset was just standing there, staring at where the dog used to be while Danged Spell walked towards the sun filly.

“Unless you want to be a dog’s chew toy,” Danged Spell said. “I suggest you come with us.”

“No argument there,” Sunset Shimmer replied.

Immediately, Sunset ignited her horn and surrounded herself in a magic aura. She levitated herself over the metal fence before landing on the other side. She immediately got up and ran towards the back part of the gate as Celestia turned towards the front part of the gate and used her magic to open it up.

“I’m ready,” Sunset said.

“I was hoping you would be,” Celestia replied. “Though I wish it wasn’t because of that dog.”

Wanda emerged from right behind Celestia before she approached Sunset and said “And don’t worry. I had to call out Adagio for what she said to you.”

“You don’t have to remind me,” Sunset said with a smile on her face as she held out her hoof. “From what I understand, your words really pierced through Adagio’s skin and brought her mood down for what she said.”

Wanda gripped Sunset’s hoof tight before she said “Then let’s make amends with Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk.”

Sunset nodded as she and Wanda walked down towards the mansion. Right behind her, Princess Celestia looked on with a smile on her face.

“This is why I’m proud of raising these two,” Princess Celestia said. “They can demonstrate what honesty, loyalty, generosity, kindness and laughter is truly about.”

Celestia turned her head and nodded towards the other younglings before following Sunset Shimmer. Right behind her, Abigail, Starlight, Sunburst, Moondancer, Danged Spell and Princess Luna walked through the gate and towards the mansion. Abigail let out a confident meow as she walked behind Princess Celestia.

“So what do you think we’ll find at the abandoned orphanage?” Sunburst asked.

Danged Spell cracked a grin before he said “Word has it that the souls of the dead orphans haunt that place, waiting to claim anyone who dares to step hoof there.”

Danged Spell let out a terrifying laugh, causing Starlight Glimmer to scream before hiding behind Moondancer, who glared down at the stubborn colt.

“Spell,” Moondancer said. “That’s not funny.”

“Oh come on,” Spell said with a smirk. “Loosen up a bit.”

“Easy for you to say,” Starlight said as she hid behind Moondancer.

As the group walked towards the mansion, Princess Luna looked up at one of the broken windows. She could barely make out a silhouette of an earth pony filly, staring out at the sky.

“I sure hope that Sunset’s old friends will be able to make amends with her,” Princess Luna said. “Not just for Sunset’s sake, but for their sake as well.”

But as Princess Luna, Abigail, Danged Spell, Sunburst, Moondancer and Starlight Glimmer followed Princess Celestia, Sunset Shimmer and Wanda Young, Gold Banks appeared right across the street from the gate, with two Debt Collector agents right next to her. Her eyes were fixated on the entire mansion.

“Just because you bought out the land doesn’t mean you will be getting your new orphanage, Princess,” Gold Banks said as she pulled out a parchment and unraveled it. “Who knew swiping this place under her nose would be so satisfying.”

“My lady,” One of the Debt Collector soldiers said. “Say the word and we’ll start the demolition.”

“Patience,” Gold Banks said. “I’ll give her time to make peace with those three brats who live there. And should they survive, I have a surprise waiting for them.”

At the entrance of the mansion within the foyer, Wanda and Sunset pushed the door open and stepped inside. They observed the interior of the orphanage, still a hollowed shell of its former self since their last visit.

“I don’t know about this,” Sunset Shimmer said. “What if Adagio Dazzle yells at me again?”

“Then I can deal with it,” Wanda said.

“But what if she makes you cry this time?” Sunset asked.

“Then I think you should leave that to us.” Wanda and Sunset turned around to see Princess Celestia, Abigail Albright, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Moondancer and Danged Spell step through the doorway.

“Mother, I appreciate what you’re doing,” Sunset said. “But this is something I need to handle myself. After all, I feel responsible for abandoning them.”

“You don’t have to,” Princess Celestia said, placing her hoof on Sunset’s shoulder. “I’m here to help you out this time, to help amend a broken friendship.”

“But what can I do?” Sunset asked.

“I have an idea,” Princess Celestia said. “Follow from behind. I’ll introduce your friends to the Dazzlings before you show your face to Adagio.”

“Relax, Sunset,” Starlight said. “Besides, we would be happy to meet them in person.”

Sunset Shimmer let out a sigh and said “Alright. I’ll let you introduce them to my former friends. Then, I’ll pop in to make amends with Adagio.”

Celestia nodded back to Sunset Shimmer before walking towards the staircase. Abigail, Starlight, Sunburst, Moondancer and Danged Spell followed from behind, while Wanda stood by Sunset.

“Nervous?” Wanda asked.

“Even with them, yes,” Sunset said.

“It’s okay to be nervous, Sunset.” Sunset Shimmer turned around to see Princess Luna standing outside the front door of the mansion. Her reassuring smile calmed Sunset Shimmer.

“Aunt Luna,” Wanda said. “Aren’t you going to join mommy and our friends in introducing yourself to the Dazzlings?”

“I will, but not right now,” Luna said. “I will stand guard, just in case this place is in danger. Go. Follow my sister up the stairs.”

Wanda and Sunset nodded before turning around and walking towards the staircase. Princess Luna stood there with a smile on her face.

“I know I won’t be by your side when you come face to face with Adagio Dazzle,” Princess Luna said. “But I know one thing: Her heart is aching and only you can mend it, Sunset Shimmer.”


Meanwhile, upstairs in the attic of the mansion, Adagio Dazzle continued to look out the window, staring at the sun. Nearby, Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk stood there, looking at Adagio. The two sisters looked concerned for their big sis.

“Poor Daggi,” Sonata Dusk said. “Can’t believe she’s been like this since she ended her friendship with Sunset Shimmer.”

“It’s too bad she turned down Princess Celestia’s request to live in the castle,” Aria Blaze said. “She would have been happier there at least.”

“Yeah,” Sonata Dusk said. “And as much as I want to live in that castle with Sunset, I didn’t want to leave Daggi behind.”

“Neither do I,” Aria Blaze said. “But I hope Twilight Velvet has some good news for us.”

Suddenly, there was the sound of a baby dragon sneezing, causing Sonata Dusk to jump into the air screaming. She landed right on Aria Blaze’s arms, who just held her with an annoyed look.

“THERE’S A GHOST IN THIS HOUSE!” Sonata Dusk screamed.

“That’s just a baby dragon,” Aria Blaze said before placing Sonata Dusk down. “Twilight Velvet told us about him.”

“Oh, right,” Sonata Dusk said, blushing embarrassingly.

Both Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk’s ears picked up the sound of footsteps. They turned around to see Twilight Velvet walking up the staircase. Right next to her was Twilight Sparkle and Spike the Dragon, the latter who rode on the former’s back.

“Twilight Velvet,” Sonata Dusk said in a cheerful tone. “You made it.”

“And we didn’t come alone,” Twilight Velvet said as Twilight Sparkle walked up the stairs with Spike on her back. “Allow me to introduce my daughter, Twilight Sparkle.”

But before Twilight Sparkle could speak, Sonata Dusk ran up to the little filly, grabbed her hoof and shook it in delight, causing Spike to jump off Twilight’s back.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Twilight Sparkle,” Sonata Dusk said. “Is it true you’re friends with Sunset and that human girl? What are your other friends like? And what’s it like to be Princess Celestia’s prime student?”

Twilight Sparkle gently removed her hoof from Sonata’s hooves before placing it back on the ground as Spike walked up next to his lavender filly friend. Aria walked up, giggling a bit as Twilight Sparkle composed herself.

“My apologies for my sister’s behavior,” Aria said. “I’m Aria Blaze. Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you as well,” Twilight Sparkle said. “But I also came here to see your big sister Adagio Dazzle.”

Aria’s face turned into a frown as she pointed Twilight towards Adagio Dazzle, who continued to drift off staring out through the window. Twilight Sparkle just looked at Adagio as her mood went down a bit.

“Wow,” Twilight Sparkle said. “All over what happened between her and Sunset Shimmer?”

“More like what she said to Sunset,” Aria Blaze said. “And what Sunset’s sister Wanda said to her.”

“Sad,” Spike said as a tear fell from his eye.

“It is sad, Spike,” Twilight Sparkle said. “I don’t know what we can do about it.”

Twilight Velvet walked up to Twilight Sparkle and said “I think what we need right now is for Sunset Shimmer and Adagio Dazzle to patch things up with each other.”

“I don’t know if that is possible,” Aria Blaze said. “Big sis felt betrayed by Sunset’s decision to move in with Princess Celestia, and I don’t think she wants to make up for what happened. In fact, I think that was the reason why she turned down Princess Celestia’s invitation to move into the castle.”

“But why did you and Sonata Dusk turn down being adopted by Princess Celestia?” Twilight Sparkle asked.

“It’s simple,” Aria Blaze said. “We didn’t want to leave Adagio Dazzle behind. She may have her issues, but she’s still our older sister. And nothing is going to change that.”

“And as much as I would love the idea of living with Sunset and Wanda,” Sonata Dusk said. “I don’t want Adagio to be left behind. That’s why we chose to stay.”

Twilight Sparkle turned to Twilight Velvet and said “Mom. I wish there was something we could do to help them out.”

“There is,” Twilight Velvet said as she eyed the staircase. “As a matter of fact, I believe they’re coming up.”

Twilight Sparkle and Spike looked down the staircase before stepping aside. Twilight Velvet looked down before turning back towards Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk.

“What’s going on?” Aria Blaze asked.

“I believe Princess Celestia decided to join us for today,” Twilight Velvet said. “And she’s brought some friends as well.”

Immediately, Twilight Velvet stepped aside as Princess Celestia walked up from the stairwell before stepping hoof on top of the attic floor. Right next to her were Abigail Albright, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Moondancer and Danged Spell.

“Aria Blaze, Sonata Dusk, it’s been awhile,” Princess Celestia said.

“And these are all of Sunset and Wanda’s friends, I take it,” Aria Blaze said.

Danged Spell approached the two fillies and said “You betcha. But we ain’t just Sunshine and Lollipops, sister. In fact, when it comes to Sunset, we’re practically Sol-Mates.”

Sonata Dusk giggled a bit as Starlight, Sunburst and Moondancer yelled “DANGED SPELL!” Danged Spell turned to his friends and cracked a smirk.

“Do you always let loose those kinds of puns?” Sonata Dusk asked.

“Not all the time,” Danged Spell said. “I have this curse within me called Wolf’s Breath. It causes me to become like a wolf, trading magic for physical strength and instinct.”

“Interesting,” Sonata Dusk said. “A unicorn that can become a wolf in spirit.”

“Well you could say that,” Moondancer said, walking up to Sonata Dusk. “But you sound like a pony who enjoys striking up a conversation.”

“Really?” Sonata Dusk asked.

“Yeah,” Moondancer said. “In fact, there’s a friend of Wanda and Sunset who happens to like this delicacy called a taco.”

Sonata Dusk’s mouth began to drool. Her eyes drifted off as she awwed in delight.

“Tacos,” Sonata Dusk said. “I’ve dreamt of wanting to eat one of those delicious treats. Black beans, vegetables, and salsa all wrapped in a tortilla. The perfect food for a pony like myself.”

As Sonata’s mind went to dreamland, Moondancer looked at her and rubbed her head in embarrassment.

“Wow,” Moondancer said. “Mention tacos and she thinks it’s the most awesome food ever.”

“Just wait till she finds out about curry,” Danged Spell said. “Now that’s a dish worth eating.”

But as Moondancer and Danged Spell laughed, Aria Blaze looked at the staircase in disappointment. Starlight and Sunburst noticed Aria’s facial expression and immediately walked up to her.

“Are you alright?” Starlight asked.

“No,” Aria Blaze said. “I thought Sunset Shimmer was going to be here.”

“She is,” Sunburst said. “It’s just that she wanted to introduce us to you before she showed her face again.”

“And we’re glad we got to.” Aria peeked over Starlight and Sunburst to find Wanda Young walking up the stairs. Abigail and Spike ran up to Wanda, cheering her name.

“Wanda,” Aria said. “You’re back?”

“I am,” Wanda said as she rubbed Abigail on the back of her ear. “But I’m not without my sister.”

“Wait,” Aria said. “You mean, Sunset Shimmer is here?”

But before Wanda could speak, Sunset Shimmer walked up the stairs and stood by the Man’s Cub. Aria and Sonata looked at Sunset Shimmer, who only turned her head back in shame.

“Sunset Shimmer,” Aria Blaze said. “Did you come back again?”

Aria’s words caused Adagio Dazzle’s ears to perk up. She turned around and came face to face with Sunset Shimmer, who barely made eye contact. Princess Celestia looked at Sunset Shimmer, and despite her calm posture, even she looked nervous.

“It’s all up to you, Sunset Shimmer,” Celestia whispered. “It’s time for you and Adagio Dazzle to make amends and to repair the bond of your friendship.”

To Be Continued In…

Friendship Under Siege

Author's Note:

It's been a while since I completed my last arc.

This time, I wanted to pick up where Sunset's Troubled Past from Life in Canterlot left off. I wanted to finally fix the friendship between Sunset and Adagio. But as you can tell in this part, that may be the least of their worries.

Keep your eyes peeled for Part 2 of this arc.

PreviousChapters Next