• Published 10th Oct 2022
  • 504 Views, 9 Comments

My Little Pony: One as a Family. "Trials of Friendship" - SaburoDaimando



One month after the events of Life in Canterlot, Wanda will undergo new hardships, including having to separate from friends.

  • ...
18
 9
 504

PreviousChapters Next
Arc 4-4: A New Sister for the Family

A New Sister for the Family

“Are you deeply sure you don’t want to stick around, Magistrate Creme Dream?”

Those words came from Majordomo Kibitz. He stood at the entrance of the castle while Magistrate Creme Dream and Majesty stood outside. Creme Dream held the documents next to her with her magic while Majesty stood by her mother, looking as smug as ever.

“Oh that won’t be necessary,” Creme Dream said. “After all, duty comes before pleasure. And I assure the princesses that I will have the budget finalized before week’s end.”

“Very well,” Kibitz said before he took a bow. “Good day, Magistrate.”

“Good day to you too,” Magistrate Creme Dream said before she and Majesty turned tail and walked off with the document by her side.

Kibitz looked back inside and said “I better check up on Princess Celestia. Something tells me Wanda and Sunset are going to be pretty grumpy.”

As Majordomo Kibitz closed the front door of the castle, Creme Dream and Majesty looked back at the door all while they walked away.

“So mother,” Majesty said. “You know that she’s there?”

“But of course I do,” Creme Dream said. “After all, she doesn’t know it. But Cozy Glow has a spell placed on her that allows me to see everything around her.”

“So even though she’s gone rogue,” Majesty said. “She’s still useful to us.”

As Creme Dream continued to walk alongside Majesty, the older alicorn mare said “But of course. Deep on the inside, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are becoming weary of us. So I’d figured, why not use our renegade of a child as a means of keeping an eye on the Alicorn sisters and using their own emotions to our advantage?”

“You mean like prying their most embarrassing secrets on Stallion News Network?” Majesty asked.

“Oh no no no no,” Creme Dream chuckled. “I’ve already discovered word about a Ground Bridge magic being tested at this time. One developed by the late Starswirl the Bearded. On the day they unveil their Ground Bridge, is the day we will put those useful idiots at the Windigo’s Guild and the Changelings to good use.”

Majesty giggled evilly before she said “And what else are you going to do, mother?”

“Anything that would humiliate the two princesses and even their daughters to the point where they have become a living joke,” Creme Dream laughed.

Majesty laughed with her mother as they walked out of the gate of Canterlot Castle.

Back in Wanda and Sunset’s room, Wanda had her arms crossed as she glared at her adopted mother Princess Celestia. Next to Celestia was Princess Luna and Chancellor Cinch. Cozy Glow sat next to Wanda as Sunset Shimmer, Princess Cadance, Spike and Abigail also glared up at the two princesses.

“Well you see,” Princess Celestia said. “Golden Lace didn’t want to see any harm done to Cozy Glow. And recently, she tried to get herself expelled from Daisy Joy Tech just to get away from that place.”

“So by her recommendation,” Princess Luna said. “We pulled Cozy Glow out of Daisy Joy Tech and brought her here. I wanted to bring Lace with me. But I didn’t want to invoke the wrath of Gold Banks.”

“But why didn’t you tell us about this?” Sunset Shimmer asked. “Why did you keep it a secret that Cozy Glow was in this very castle?”

“Because we wanted to make it a surprise,” Princess Celestia replied.

“A surprise?” Wanda said in a cold tone, not keeping her eyes away from Princess Celestia.

“I wanted to wait until this afternoon to let you three know,” Princess Celestia said. “Cozy Glow is going to be living with us until further notice.”

“And I take it Creme Dream’s sudden appearance was what threw everything off,” Princess Cadance replied.

“Yes,” Princess Celestia said. “And for all the trouble that we have caused to you three, we are sorry.”

Celestia and Luna bowed down to Wanda, Sunset, Cadence, Spike and Abigail in shame. Wanda looked down at both her adopted mother and aunt before she loosened up her arms.

“Apology accepted,” Wanda said as her frown turned into a smile. “But next time, please tell us in advance, okay? None of us want a repeat of what we went through.”

“Deal,” Celestia said as her cheerful tone came back to her.”

Immediately, Sunset Shimmer picked up Cozy Glow and gave her a big hug, causing the curly-maned filly to struggle to break free.

“Did you hear that?” Sunset Shimmer said. “We’re going to become sisters from here on out.”

“Great,” Cozy Glow said in a weak voice as she had a bit of a hard time breathing. “By the way, you’re squeezing me too hard.”

Sunset paused for a second before placing Cozy Glow down.

“Sorry,” Sunset said as she blushed with embarrassment.

“By the way,” Princess Celestia said. “There is one other secret that Cozy Glow would like to share with you three.”

“What would that be?” Princess Cadance asked.

Celestia turned to Cozy Glow and said “It’s okay to show them.”

Cozy Glow turned away and said “But I’m afraid to do so. What if they reject it?”

“Reject what, Cozy?” Wanda asked.

“From what I’ve been told,” Celestia said. “I’d say it’s a wonderful thing. And don’t worry, I won’t be angry about it.”

Cozy Glow nodded. She placed her hoof beneath the front bangs of her mane and lifted it up. Wanda, Sunset, Cadance, Abigail, and Spike were all surprised, looking at Cozy Glow’s forehead.

“You’re an alicorn?” Wanda said.

“I don’t believe it,” Sunset Shimmer replied. “Our new sister is an alicorn.”

“It was rather obvious that she would be an alicorn,” Princess Luna said. “After all, her mother is Magistrate Creme Dream and her sister is Majesty.”

“That being said,” Cozy Glow said. “I chose to style my hair this way to hide my unicorn horn. The reason is because while I do appreciate having magic of my own, it does bring me shame because it reminds me of both my mother and my sister.”

“Oh dear,” Wanda said. “An alicorn who’s ashamed of being one.”

“Well when you think about it,” Princess Cadance said. “When one’s parents neglect their own child in favor of another, it would change the child for the worse.”

“Like with Cozy Glow,” Wanda said. “That explains why you’re okay with taking her in, mommy.”

“That’s right,” Princess Celestia said as she walked up to Wanda. “If Cozy Glow spends enough time with us, then she can regain her own confidence as an Alicorn, and not have to pretend to be a Pegasus.”

Princess Celestia sat down, extending her arms outward. Wanda, Sunset and Cozy Glow reached out and hugged Princess Celestia all while the older alicorn wrapped her arms around the three younglings.

“Mommy,” Wanda said. “We’ll look after Cozy Glow and help her out.”

“Thanks,” Princess Celestia said. “And as long as I’m around, I’ll be looking out for you and your sisters.”

Sunset turned to Cozy Glow and said “I may be the only sister without the ability to fly. But I will make sure to be a great sister to you.”

Cozy Glow just smiled and giggled, giving Sunset a warm smile.

Princess Cadance, Abigail and Spike walked over to Princess Luna and Chancellor Cinch, just as Kibitz walked up from the hallway.

“Still can’t believe we have a fourth sister in this castle,” Princess Cadance said. “But how did you figure out the warning signs?”

“Prior to Cozy Glow sneaking out of Canterlot to go see Golden Lace in Manehattan,” Princess Luna said. “Celestia and I bore witness to Creme Dream and Majesty berating Cozy, calling her names, mocking her, and even knocking her down into a puddle of water.

“They did what?” Princess Cadance said in a shocked tone.

“I didn’t believe Princess Celestia’s own words when she told me that,” Chancellor Cinch said. “But when I saw it for myself, I was completely appalled. And I know what you’re thinking: I should have called her out. But Creme Dream is the most powerful politician in all of Equestria. Had I done something like that, she would have figured out a way to wreck my political career and turned me into a pariah of some sorts.”

Princess Cadance let out a sigh and said “What kind of nation are we?”

“I don’t know,” Chancellor Cinch said.

Kibitz immediately turned to Chancellor Cinch and said “Magistrate Creme Dream had already departed the palace grounds with Majesty by her side.”

“Thank you,” Chancellor Cinch said as she turned to Kibitz. “But I do worry if Magistrate Creme Dream will use this moment to make us all pariahs just for taking away her daughter.”

“What struck me as odd,” Kibitz said. “Was that she was on the verge of opening the closet door, only to back off at the last moment.”

“Good eye,” Chancellor Cinch replied. “That was rather suspicious of Magistrate Creme Dream to back off at the last moment. Perhaps she might be hiding something.”

Luna turned her head towards Princess Celestia, Wanda, Sunset and Cozy Glow. Despite a sigh of relief from the moon princess, she still felt a bit of worry.

“I wonder how Golden Lace is doing,” Princess Luna said. “After all, she no longer has Cozy Glow by her side.”

“Something tells me frequent visits to Lace’s dorm may be in order,” Princess Cadance said.

“You might be right,” Princess Luna said. “But if I were to tap into the dream world, I can get Wanda, Sunset, Cozy Glow and their friends to meet with Golden Lace there.”

“Excellent idea,” Princess Cadance replied. “With what Lace is going through, she will need all the comfort of friends more than ever.”

Spike and Abigail looked at Wanda, Celestia, Sunset and Cozy Glow before turning towards each other.

“Sisters?” Spike asked.

The only thing Abigail did was nod in agreement.

Meanwhile, as the sun was setting in the city of Manehattan inside Daisy Joy Tech, Golden Lace was sitting at a desk, jolting down an essay on a piece of paper. In front of her, Argyle Starshine watched on patiently.

“How are you doing, Miss Lace?” Argyle asked.

Golden Lace sighed and said “I’m doing fine. Even despite the fact that I do miss Cozy Glow.”

“She was a great friend, I take it,” Argyle asked.

Golden Lace placed her pencil down and said “She was more than that. It was as if she were a sister to me. And now, I don’t have anything left despite being locked away in this prison-like school.”

Argyle Starshine just laughed and said “Believe me. You’re not the only lost soul here in Daisy Joy Tech. Look to your right.”

Golden Lace did just that and took notice of an earth pony with a pale, light grayish olive coat, and long, strong cerulean mane with moderate arctic blue streaks. This Earth Pony was also focused on writing in her essay. Lace got up out of her desk and sat in another desk close to the earth pony.

“Hello there,” Golden Lace said. “I’m Golden Lace. What’s your name?”

The Earth Pony looked up at Golden Lace and said “Oh. I’m Juniper Montage.”

“Juniper,” Golden Lace said. “That sounds like a nice name. Where are you from?”

“That’s…something I’m not comfortable with,” Juniper said as she turned her head away.

“I’m…sorry,” Lace said as she rubbed the back of her front, right hoof. She looked at Juniper and said “You know, you sound a bit like me.”

“Oh?” Juniper said, turning back towards Golden Lace.

“You see,” Golden Lace said. “I happen to be an outcast here at Daisy Joy Tech. Picked on by the other peers like those horrible sweet sisters Marcie Pan and Fawn Doo.”

“Wait,” Juniper replied. “I was also picked on by those two meanies. As are a couple of friends of mine like Gloriosa Daisy, Wallflower Blush and Vignette Valencia.”

“I didn’t know,” Golden Lace replied.

“Those two are some of the biggest bullies here in Daisy Joy Tech,” Juniper Montage replied. “Not only do they like to pick on ponies that they dubbed weak, they encourage others into doing the same thing, and from what I heard, they’re rewarded by the headmare of this horrible boarding school: Miss Honey Twist.”

“That explains the hostile mood,” Golden Lace said.

Juniper Montage stared down at the table and said “Truth be told, I miss my uncle Canter Zoom. He used to show me everything that makes movies so wonderful. I dreamt of one day, working alongside him as a gofer. Or even to become a director. But one day, my school shut down because of the rumors of changelings and Windigo’s cultists.”

“And then what happened?” Golden Lace asked.

“My parents had no choice,” Juniper Montage said. “But to ship me here to Daisy Joy Tech. And since then, my life has been miserable.”

“So it seems we have a lot in common,” Golden Lace said. “As do your friends Gloriosa Daisy, Wallflower Blush and Vignetta Valencia.”

Juniper Montage looked up at Golden Lace and smiled.

“So what was your life back where you came from?” Juniper asked.

“Back then,” Golden Lace said. “I used to be a bully. I used to pick on some friends back at the School for Gifted Unicorns, which included the adopted human daughter of Princess Celestia. What got me to change my ways was Queen Novo of the Hippogriffs, who told me that what I was doing was wrong, and that it also made me question my own parents. Since then, things fell apart with me and my folks, and it reached a boiling point when I made amends with my daddy, and he wanted me to live with my Uncle and Aunt.”

“And I take it your mother shipped you here out of spite,” Juniper asked.

“She sure did,” Golden Lace replied. “But at the same time, she threatened to make my dad a pariah if he allowed me to live in Ponyville. We both wound up agreeing and I was shipped here instead.”

“I feel sorry for you,” Juniper Montage said. “To have a mother that is totally cruel.”

“Thanks,” Golden Lace replied. “Guess there is more to us than meets the eye.”

“You’re right,” Juniper Montage replied.

As Golden Lace continued to chat with Juniper Montage, Argyle Starshine looked on and smiled greatly.

“In an age where friendship is considered forbidden, and nastiness is considered a requirement,” Argyle Starshine said. “It’s nice to see that the spark of friendship has not flickered out.”

Later that night at the castle, Wanda Young was once again snug in her bed with Sunset Shimmer. Right in between them was Cozy Glow. Spike and Abigail were sleeping next to each other at the far end of the mattress.

“So how long will I get used to sleeping with you two?” Cozy Glow asked.

“Oh until tomorrow morning,” Sunset Shimmer said. “Mother wanted to bring out one of our older beds.”

“So you didn’t get rid of your separate beds?” Cozy Glow said. “In fact, why do you both sleep together now?”

Wanda giggled and said “Well ever since I’ve been having these nightmares about this Pony of Shadows, mommy suggested that I share a bed with Sunset.”

“Yeah,” Sunset said with a grin on her face. “That way, if the Pony of Shadows strikes again, we’ll be waiting.”

Cozy Glow took a peek outside of the bedroom window and said “That does sound scary. Do you think the Pony of Shadows will come for me?”

“Well if you do get nightmares,” Wanda said. “We’ll be there to protect you.”

“Yeah,” Sunset replied. “That’s what real sisters are for.”

Cozy Glow giggled a bit before she yawned and stretched out her arms.

“Thanks,” Cozy said as her voice got weak. “That’s what I need to hear.”

And with that, Cozy Glow was fast asleep. Wanda and Sunset looked at the sleepy filly and just laughed.

Outside, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna looked right at the window that leads into the bedroom of the younglings. Though Celestia was content, Luna looked worried.

“To think,” Celestia said. “All that Cozy Glow needed was a friend to look out for her. If anything, I’m glad that happened because I can only imagine what would happen if she was denied friendship. Like she ended up becoming Equestria’s greatest monster. The last thing I need is to lock her in Tartarus for her and Equestria’s own sake, or to turn her to stone.”

“And yet, I do have a sense of worry for her,” Princess Luna said.

“It’s about what Kibitz said, right?” Celestia asked as her tone went south.

“Why would Creme Dream depart so soon when she was on the verge of revealing Cozy Glow’s location?” Luna said as she pondered. “That’s not like Creme Dream to give up that easily.”

“You’re absolutely right,” Princess Celestia said. “Creme Dream is very thorough when it comes to detail. That makes it absolutely suspicious that she would just depart in almost an instant.”

“Still,” Luna said. “I should worry more about Creme Dream’s departure while you worry about Wanda’s birthday.”

“That’s right,” Princess Celestia said as her tone went up. “Believe it or not, when we first discovered Wanda so many years ago, she came with a note on when her birthday was. Which was rather odd since she’s a human and not a pony.”

“But how did this…Eleanor Young deduce Wanda’s birthday?” Luna asked.

“Perhaps I can explain everything.” The sound of a gentle voice caught Celestia and Luna’s attention. The two sisters turned around to see a human woman, wearing a white cloak and a purple regal dress. Luna’s face turned to surprise as Celestia stood there with a smile on her face.

“Sister,” Princess Luna said. “Who is that?”

“Princess Luna,” Princess Celestia said. “Allow me to introduce Wanda Young’s real mother: Eleanor Young.”

Eleanor Young took off the hood from her cloak, revealing her head and face. She looked like Wanda, except both the back of her hair and the hair bangs on her forehead were longer. Her cheeks were less noticeable, her chin was shaped like a normal human’s, her nose was smaller and less round, and her ears were pointy.

“Ever since I left Wanda behind for Princess Celestia to look after,” Eleanor Young said. “I chose to remain in Equestria not just to look after Wanda, but also to learn more about the land I chose as my daughter’s childhood home, and to protect myself from the dangers of my home. As a result, I had to seal the portal, trapping me here.”

“Well it does make a lot of sense,” Princess Luna said. “After all, I suspect something horrible happened on planet Earth.”

“Actually sister,” Princess Celestia said. “Wanda and Eleanor aren’t from planet Earth.”

“They’re not?” Luna replied.

“We’re not from Earth, even though my husband is from Earth,” Eleanor replied. “Truth be told, Wanda and I are from Planet Evevanya.”

“Planet…Evevanya?” Luna replied. “I…I have heard about Planet Evevanya. Is it true that Wanda is from Evevanya?”

“It’s true sister,” Celestia said. “A planet even more magical than Earth.”

To Be Continued in…

Arc 5: Break-In at Coltsom

The Prison Life is for me

Author's Note:

So as of now, I have completed four arcs for this second saga, and there are still tons more to go. From here on out, there will be no daily Fiction posting. I will have each new part out as soon as its done. Right now, I am working on the next Arc: Break-In at Coltsom. This arc will focus on Hoops, Dumbbell and Score, the three pegasi bullies who picked on Ditzy Doo and Wanda.

Anyway, once the next part is up, I will post it ASAP.

PreviousChapters Next