• Published 10th Oct 2022
  • 504 Views, 9 Comments

My Little Pony: One as a Family. "Trials of Friendship" - SaburoDaimando



One month after the events of Life in Canterlot, Wanda will undergo new hardships, including having to separate from friends.

  • ...
18
 9
 504

PreviousChapters Next
Arc 22-5: Break-In at Daisy Joy Tech

Break-in at Daisy Joy Tech

Danged Spell, Sunburst and Moondancer walked out of class at the School for Gifted Unicorns with Argyle Starshine following from behind. The trio looked both puzzled and depressed.

“It’s been one day since they all disappeared,” Danged Spell said. “And still no sign on where they’ve gone.”

“Yeah,” Sunburst said. “We haven’t seen any news where they might be.”

“Even worse,” Moondancer said. “Firelight Glimmer’s gone to check up on Meteor Flare’s gravesite after learning of his daughter’s disappearance, Silver Banks’s fallen into a deep depression, the Cakes and the Pies are worried for Pinkie Pie, and Canter Zoom’s in a mess because of Juniper Montage’s disappearance and the destruction of his movie set.”

“Have faith, little ones,” Argyle Starshine said. “They will turn up, and Princess Celestia will get them back. I promise.”

“You should really listen to your teacher.” Danged Spell, Moondancer and Sunburst turned to the hall where Majesty walked up the trio.

“What do you want, Majesty?” Danged Spell asked in a cold tone.

“Oh I was just hanging out after class was over,” Majesty said. “And I heard you guys were in a pickle.”

“You’re just here to give us all a hard time, Majesty,” Moondancer said, glaring at the alicorn filly.

“Oh not at all,” Majesty said. “I mean, it’s not like Wanda and the others were taken to Daisy Joy Tech. Oops.”

Those words caused all three unicorns and Argyle Starshine’s jaws to drop down.

“Wait,” Danged Spell said. “What did you say?”

“I’m sure you didn’t hear this,” Majesty said. “But word has it that Gold Banks did break into the castle, her husband’s mansion, the hospital and even the movie studio down in La Maresa. She ordered her troops to take your friends away to Daisy Joy Tech as revenge for what happened two days ago on the Senate stage.”

“Why are you telling us this?” Sunburst asked.

“I dunno,” Majesty said. “Must have been something that came out of my mouth.”

Argyle Starshine turned towards the unicorns and said “Where’s Princess Celestia? We need to tell her this, right now.”

Danged Spell looked down at the opposite side of the hall and saw Princess Celestia slump through the hallway.

“THERE!” Danged Spell yelled, pointing to the princess.

Immediately, Danged Spell, Moondancer, Sunburst and Argyle Starshine ran up to Princess Celestia, shouting her name. This caused the alicorn princess to raise her head to the group.

“What’s going on?” Princess Celestia asked.

“Princess,” Danged Spell said. “Majesty told me that Princess Wanda, Princess Sunset, and the rest of our friends are being held at Daisy Joy Tech.”

“Daisy Joy Tech?” Celestia said as her face lit up.

“If I know my former employer,” Argyle Starshine said, “I know she’ll try to break the spirits of your daughters and her friends, especially Golden Lace and Juniper Montage.”

Immediately, Princess Celestia pulled out her video phone and tapped a few buttons. In an instant, Prince Blueblood appeared on the screen.

“Prince Blueblood, do you copy?” Princess Celestia asked.

“Aunt Celestia,” Prince Blueblood said. “I just saw Hoops and his gang sneak into Daisy Joy Tech. Should I pursue them?”

“Do that, on the double,” Princess Celestia said. “I received word that your cousins and their friends may be held up in that school. See if you can break them out if possible. I am on my way with Princess Luna, Princess Cadance and the others.”

“Will do,” Prince Blueblood said. “And hurry.”

Once Prince Blueblood disappeared from the screen, Princess Celestia placed her phone away and was about to run off, only to turn around to see the three unicorns stare up at her.

“Princess Celestia,” Moondancer said. “Please bring them back. We miss them.”

“I will,” Princess Celestia said. “I promise you that.”

With that, Princess Celestia ran down the halls of her school before running out the door, leaving Danged Spell, Moondancer and Sunburst with Argyle Starshine.

“Bless your soul, Princess Celestia,” Argyle Starshine said. “Bless your soul.”

But behind them down the hall, Majesty looked down at her video phone with Magistrate Creme Dream on the screen.

“They know where they are,” Majesty said. “And they’re on their way.”

“Excellent,” Creme Dream said. “I will inform Ms. Honey Twist to prepare to stand down so they can escape.”

“And what about Gold Banks?” Majesty asked.

“She’s going to trick that fool into arriving there,” Creme Dream explained. “And sometime later, I will teach her a lesson for disobeying my orders.”

Majesty just laughed before she said “I hope you enjoy that moment, mother.”

Meanwhile, in the dorms of Daisy Joy Tech, Sunset Shimmer sat in bed with Pinkie Pie by her side. But on the other side of the wall, Twilight Sparkle now sat with Starlight Glimmer and Misty Brightdawn.

“So Ms. Honey Twist forced her to become evil?” Sunset Shimmer asked.

“Yeah,” Starlight Glimmer said. “She tortured us with this horrible set of soundwaves unless Wanda defected to their side. And unfortunately, she had no choice but to do so.”

“Well this is a major bummer,” Pinkie Pie said. “First she gets in trouble for a food fight she didn’t start, and now she’s defected to the bad guys.”

“This is getting far worse than we thought,” Sunset Shimmer said. “I don’t even have the opportunity to write my own will.”

“There’s got to be some faith, Sunset,” Twilight said. “I know of it. Princess Celestia could have figured out where we are and joined in on a rescue party coming this way.”

“I don’t know,” Sunset Shimmer said. “At this point, I’m starting to lose faith.”

“Oh Sunset,” Starlight said. “We’ll get out of here. We just need a miracle.”

But meanwhile, deep within the halls of Daisy Joy Tech, Hoops, Dumbbell, Score, Flim, Flam, Rolling Thunder and Short Fuse break in through one of the vents before tumbling out on the floor. They looked around and saw no sign of the guards.

“Coast is clear,” Hoops said. “Come on.”

The Scrappies picked themselves up and began to sneak around the hallway carefully, looking around the halls of Daisy Joy Tech. But behind them, Prince Blueblood pulled himself out from the vent and picked himself up before turning towards the Scrappies.

“What are they up to?” Prince Blueblood said to himself.

The Scrappies snuck themselves down the hallway, keeping a close eye around the corners.

“No guards around here,” Flam whispered.

“None here either,” Rolling Thunder whispered.

“Keep your eyes peeled,” Hoops said. “Who knows where they may pop in unexpectedly?”

Suddenly, the lights turned on as a number of guards surrounded the Scrappies, causing the group to freeze in fear.

“What in the?” Short Fuse shouted.

“What kind of trick is this?” Dumbbell said.

Some of the guards moved to the side as Warden Steel Bolt and Officer Blue Heat stepped forward to the group.

“Well what do we have here?” Steel Bolt said. “A group of delinquents from our old stomping grounds at Coltsom.”

“Warden Steel Bolt,” Hoops said as the guards all laughed at the Scrappies. “A delight that we would see each other again.”

“Of course it is,” Blue Heat said. “We still remember how your gang of misfits brought down our precious prison.”

“Regardless, we had a feeling you would show up,” Steel Bolt said. “And we’ve planned a trap for you before you even thought about making it towards this place. How does it feel to be outfoxed, once and for all?”

“Your plan is as lame as the last place you conquered,” Hoops said.

“Regardless, we will break you with the power of Daisy Joy Tech,” Warden Steel Bolt said before he signaled to the other guards.

As the guards began to push the Scrappies down the path, everyone glared at the cold-hearted troops.

“Hey, keep your hoof off me,” Short Fuse said. “I’ll go peacefully.”

“Well,” Flam said. “Never thought they would finally turn the tables on us.”

“Guess those creeps finally had it in for us,” Dumbbell said.

“We’ll think of something,” Hoops said. “If only something popped up when we least realized it.

Suddenly, Prince Blueblood jumped from out of nowhere and threw a few beads into the air, catching everyone off guard. The beads released a white smog into the air, covering the hallway in a white cloud and blinding the guards.

“WHAT’S GOING ON?” Warden Steel Bolt yelled. “I CAN’T SEE!”

Immediately, Prince Blueblood grabbed Hoops by the hoof and pulled him along with the rest of his crew away from the guards. When the smoke cleared up, they were gone.

“Boss,” Blue Heat said. “Whoever pulled that stunt off took our captives.”

“Someone must have followed them from behind,” Warden Steel Bolt said. “But two can play that game. Dispatch the Junior Warden. She’ll know what to do.”

“Roger that,” Blue Heat said before he pulled up his video tablet.

Down the hall, Prince Blueblood led the Scrappies away from the guards as he ran as fast as possible.

“What are you delinquents doing here?” Prince Blueblood asked.

“We just came here to have a little fun,” Hoops said. “Like we did at Coltsom.”

“You call being taken captive fun?” Prince Blueblood said in a harsh tone.

“Ahh what do you know you pompous royal?” Dumbbell smirked.

“A lot more than you do,” Prince Blueblood said.

“Such as?” Hoops asked.

Prince Blueblood smiled as he pulled out a keyring from his collar, much to the surprise of the Scrappies.

“You picked the pocket of that Warden,” Short Fuse said.

“You’re not the only ones who are clever,” Prince Blueblood said.

“Great,” Rolling Thunder said. “Now we can really cause a ruckus within these halls.”

“First things first,” Prince Blueblood said as he pulled out his video phone. “I was able to hack into their servers and I managed to download the blueprint to this place. Turns out, they have a secret dungeon for stray pets and the most juvenile of delinquents, along with multiple detention areas for rude students. I assume that’s where the others may be locked down.”

“Sounds like a great idea,” Hoops said. “Let’s go take those places down.”

“Then follow me,” Blueblood said, eyeing a set of stairs that lead downward.

Back down the hall, the smoke was finally cleared up as Warden Steel Bolt, Officer Blue Heat and the grunts looked around, noticing that their prisoners were taken captive.

“What the hay happened?” Officer Blue Heat asked. “One moment we had those brats, and the next moment, someone smoked us out.”

Warden Steel Bolt picked up the empty smoke bead off the ground and closely examined it. He then proceeded to smash the bead on the ground, breaking it into smaller pieces.

“I know who did this,” Warden Steel Bolt snarled. “The TRAITOR Prince Blueblood.”

“Blueblood of all ponies?” Officer Blue Heat said.

“Yeah,” Warden Steel Bolt said. “Whatever happened at the Grand Gallopin Gala changed him into a Celestia stooge. So Gold Banks and Creme Dream released him from the Horse News Network and allowed Neigh Nanners to take over, renaming it to the Stallion News Network.”

“So what do you suppose we’ll do to that turncoat?” Officer Blue Heat asked.

“I know where that double-crosser is going to,” Warden Steel Bolt said. “And I have a surprise for him that he won’t forget.”

Steel Bolt pulled out his video phone and tapped his screen. In almost an instant, Junior Warden Wanda Young showed up on his screen.

“What is it, Warden?” Wanda asked.

“Your cousin has snuck into the school with the intent on going down to free as many ponies in our detention areas. And he has a squad of juvenile delinquents by his side. Take some of our troops, head down there and cut them off. Make sure you also tell Ms. Honey Twist about this.”

“Will do,” Wanda said before her image disappeared completely.

As Warden Steel Bolt placed his video phone back into his pocket, he signaled to the other guards.

“Come,” Warden Steel Bolt said. “We’ll prepare a surprise of our own in case that slippery traitor gets by our Junior Warden.”

Back in the Headmare’s office, Ms. Honey Twist was busy enjoying a cup a tea when the alarm went off. Immediately, she put down her cup of tea and pressed a few buttons to which the monitor appeared in front of her.

“Now I wonder what that could be?” Ms. Honey Twist asked.

Immediately, Junior Warden Wanda Young, who was running down the hall with some guards by her side, appeared on the screen.

“Report,” Ms. Honey Twist said.

“Headmare,” Wanda said. “Warden Steel Bolt told me that Prince Blueblood broke into Daisy Joy Tech with the intent on freeing the prisoners there. I’m in pursuit as I speak.”

“Thank you for informing me on this matter,” Ms. Honey Twist said. “I will inform Gold Banks about this.”

“It’s been an honor,” Wanda said before her image disappeared. But Ms. Honey Twist cracked a smile as she pressed a few more buttons.

“I think it’s time to inform Magistrate Creme Dream about these development,” Ms. Honey Twist said to herself before she pressed a few more buttons. “She’ll know what to do.”

The screen turned on again as Magistrate Creme Dream appeared on the image.

“Any news to report?” Creme Dream asked.

“The traitor Prince Blueblood has broken into Daisy Joy Tech with the intent on freeing the new youngsters,” Ms. Honey Twist said. “I assume Princess Celestia knows that they’re here.”

“And your assumption is correct,” Creme Dream explained. “I just received word that Princess Celestia has sent a rescue party to Daisy Joy Tech, as per my orders to my daughter. While you deal with the chaos there, I will begin preparing the propaganda to white wash this incident and place the blame on Gold Banks, entirely.”

“And what of Gold Banks?” Ms. Honey Twist asked.

“Leave that to me,” Creme Dream replied. “I will ensure that her downfall will be the biggest in Equestrian history.”

Prince Blueblood and the Scrappies ran as fast as they could down the staircase. At the bottom, a huge dungeon-like basement was laid out in front of them with multiple doors that lined the walls.

“What the hay is all this?” Short Fuse asked. “They never had stuff like that in Coltsom.”

“This is worse than Coltsom,” Prince Blueblood said. “Far worse.”

“So what do we do?” Flam asked.

“Unlock each and every one of them,” Prince Blueblood said, holding up the key.

Immediately, Prince Blueblood and the Scrappies ran towards the doors and began to unlock each and every one of them. Inside was a colt or filly that began to brighten up at the sight of light emitting down into their cell. Though disappointed, the group left the door open so that he or she could escape.

“This is a lot harder than it looks,” Score said.

“It also creates a distraction to keep them occupied,” Prince Blueblood explained as he ran up to another door and unlocked it. “The more we have out, the more we can hold them back.”

But when Prince Blueblood opened the door, his jaw dropped in horror. Inside was the cage where Cozy Glow, Abigail and Spike were locked in.

“Prince Blueblood?” Cozy Glow said.

“Cozy Glow?” Prince Blueblood said, walking up to the cage. “What in my aunt’s name did they do to you?”

“It was revenge after I snuck around in this school to keep Golden Lace company,” Cozy Glow said as Prince Blueblood unlocked the cage. “They had two Junior Wardens who did this to me: Marcie Pan and Fawn Doo.”

“Noted,” Prince Blueblood said as he pulled Cozy Glow out to which Spike and Abigail followed from behind.

“Hey Prince,” Hoops yelled from outside the cell. “The guards are here. We may need more cell doors opened up this instant.”

“On my way,” Prince Blueblood yelled.

Prince Blueblood exited the cell with Cozy Glow, Spike and Abigail following from behind. Outside, many of the escaped inmates began to push back against the guards, who struggled to push them back into their cells.

“Come,” Prince Blueblood said. “We better break more of them out.”

As more inmates held back the guards, Prince Blueblood continued to unlock more cell doors before Hoops, Dumbbell or Score swung them open. One by one, the students poured out of their detention cells before running up to the crowd, pushing back the other guards.

“It won’t be long now until we get them all out,” Flim said.

“Let’s keep going,“ Prince Blueblood said. “The sooner we find them, the better.”

With that, Prince Blueblood ran down the hall and away from the guards, with Cozy Glow, Spike, Abigail and the Scrappies following from behind. But at the opposite end of the hall, Wanda emerged from the entrance and glared down at Prince Blueblood making a turn around the corner. She cracked a sinister smile as she pulled out her supersonic blaster.

“That’s right, cousin,” Wanda smirked as her eyes glowed a dark red. “Go rescue those pathetic fools. I’ll be waiting to enroll you in Daisy Joy Tech.”

Meanwhile, Marcie Pan, Fawn Doo, Adagio Dazzle and Lightning Dust just sat there. While Marcie, Fawn and Adagio looked bored, Lightning Dust looked chill and calm.

“How long until they let us go?” Marcie Pan whined.

“I have no idea,” Adagio Dazzle said. “I would be surprised if they threw us out on the streets.”

“After what she put us through,” Fawn Doo said, “I would welcome it.”

“Relax,” Lightning Dust said. “It’s far better than being forced to take test after test.”

“Well what can be better than being cooped up in here?” Adagio Dazzle asked.

Suddenly, all four students heard the sound of a key being turned. They looked at the door to which Prince Blueblood opened it and entered with Spike, Abigail, Cozy Glow and the Scrappies entering.

“Prince Blueblood?” Adagio Dazzle said as Prince Blueblood approached her. “What are you doing here?”

“Getting you all out of here,” Prince Blueblood said. “And figuring out where the rest of you are.”

But Cozy Glow immediately marched towards Marcie Pan and Fawn Doo, who backed up in total fear.

“You two,” Cozy Glow snarled. “You had the audacity to lock me away in that cage for your own amusement.”

“Now hold on a second,” Marcie Pan said. “We were let go from our jobs.”

“Yeah,” Fawn Doo said. “We were trying to gain approval from Miss Honey Twist, only to be double-crossed by her.”

“Likely story,” Cozy Glow said, marching towards the duo before they backed up into a corner.

“They’re telling the truth,” Lightning Dust said, getting in front of Cozy Glow.

“Out of my way,” Cozy Glow demanded. “I’ve got a grudge against these clowns.”

“Well you were beaten to it by the one who they tormented until Ms. Honey Twist hired her to take their place,” Lightning Dust said.

“Take their place?” Prince Blueblood said as he and the Scrappies walked up to Marcie Pan and Fawn Doo. “Explain yourselves.”

Suddenly, Flim and Flam noticed Spike and Abigail hissing. They looked up and gasped in horror.

“Your majesty,” Flim said. “We have a problem.”

“And it has to do with the human princess,” Flam said.

Prince Blueblood and the other Scrappies turned towards the front and a sudden amount of shock bellowed through their faces. In front of them was Junior Warden Wanda Young, who blocked the only doorway leading out of the cell.

“Cousin,” Prince Blueblood said. “What did they do to you?”

“Prince Blueblood, you sadden excuse for a fool,” Wanda laughed. “They took away the very thing that held me back and made me the bigger woman than you can ever imagine.”

“Holy moley,” Hoops said as he, Dumbbell and Score began to slowly walk back. “I never thought that monkey would become nasty.”

“Yeah,” Dumbbell said. “But I think nasty might be an understatement.”

As Wanda took a few steps towards the group, holding her supersonic blaster, Prince Blueblood stood there, undeterred. But Wanda took a good look at Cozy Glow, who looked horrified.

“If you want to know, I was the one who made those two suffer for their treachery,” Wanda said. “And it was one of the best things I’ve ever done. Now it’s time I show you what this bad boy can really do.”

Hoops, Dumbbell, Score, Flim, Flam, Rolling Thunder, Short Fuse, Abigail, Spike, Cozy Glow, Marcie Pan, Fawn Doo, Adagio Dazzle and Lightning Dust stood in horror as Prince Blueblood kept his eyes on a gloating Wanda Young.

Meanwhile, at the graveyard in the ruins of Sire’s Hollow, Firelight Glimmer and Starseeker Glimmer stood over what was once the gravestone of Meteor Flare, now reduced to rubble. Starseeker broke out into tears while Firelight sighed.

“I know the Windigo’s Guild didn’t do this,” Firelight said. “They may have succeeded in tearing this town apart. But they would never go as far as to destroy gravestones, much less one particular one.”

“Honey,” Starseeker cried. “Who would go as far as to pull this stunt off?”

But before Firelight could speak, he heard the sound of a gate opening. Firelight Glimmer turned to the gate to see Gold Banks walk up to them with a smug look on her face.

“Mr Glimmer,” Gold Banks said. “What a pleasant surprise to see you here. Aren’t you going to put yourself in danger of future Windigo’s Guild attacks?”

“You did this, didn’t you?” Firelight scowled. “You destroyed my brother-in-law’s gravestone.”

“And what if I did,” Gold Banks smirked. “How will you prove that in a court of law?”

Firelight swung back and was about to hit Gold Banks in the face when she held up her hoof, stopping him.

“Ahh ahh ahh,” Gold Banks commanded. “Hit me and I’ll ensure you never step hoof outside of Tartarus, again.”

Firelight lowered his hoof down as he slowly backed off. Gold Banks walked around the defeated patriarch of the Glimmer family.

“Face it,” Gold Banks said. “The moment you chose to lock eyes with me back in Harvestia, you’ve sealed your own fate. In fact, I would have taken your own daughter regardless if she were with you at home, in Canterlot, or Tartarus. I control Equestria, I control the world. And there is nothing you can do to stop it.”

Suddenly, Gold Banks’ video phone went off. She picked it up and answered it.

“Gold Banks speaking,” Gold Banks said.

But after hearing the voice that came out of it, her face went into total shock.

“WHAT?” Gold Banks yelled. “PRINCE BLUEBLOOD BROKE INTO DAISY JOY TECH? Fine. I’m on my way.”

Gold Banks put away her video phone before marching her way out the gate, leaving Firelight and Starseeker to turn their attention to her.

“What in the world is going on?” Starseeker said.

“I think we may have an angel coming to get our Starlight out,” Firelight said.

But as Gold Banks left the vicinity, a carriage with four pegasi Wonderbolts landed behind Firelight and Starseeker, outside of the perimeter of graves. The door to the carriage opened up as Princess Celestia emerged from it.

“Mr Glimmer, come with us,” Princess Celestia yelled. “We’re going to rescue your daughter.”

“Well it’s about time,” Firelight smiled as he and Starseeker walked up to the carriage.

As Firelight and Starseeker entered the carriage, they sat next to Princess Cadance and Shining Armor. Across from them sat Princess Luna and Eleanor Young.

“You’re that guardian angel,” Firelight said. “I must thank you for giving me the strength to stand up against Gold Banks.”

“You don’t need to thank me,” Eleanor said. “But I was made aware of what Gold Banks did to your daughter, and to the rest of Princess Celestia’s children. We will get them back.”

Princess Celestia got back inside the giant carriage and sat next to her sister. The door closed behind her before Celestia signaled to the pegasi.

“Brace yourself, Mr and Mrs Glimmer,” Princess Luna said. “We’re going to get your daughter back, along with everyone else.”

With that, the carriage took off from the graveyard, heading east towards Manehattan.

To Be Continued in…

The Big Break-Out

Author's Note:

So now the action will shift towards Prince Blueblood and the Scrappies.

Since the final arc of "Life in Canterlot," I've been pushing Prince Blueblood away from his FiM Counterpart's ego and more towards being a bit of a nod to James Bond(Sans the womanizing). I will go a bit further with this more spy-based variation in the next part.

Also, speaking of which, brace yourselves. It's going to get worse, before it gets better.

PreviousChapters Next