• Published 10th Oct 2022
  • 504 Views, 9 Comments

My Little Pony: One as a Family. "Trials of Friendship" - SaburoDaimando



One month after the events of Life in Canterlot, Wanda will undergo new hardships, including having to separate from friends.

  • ...
18
 9
 504

PreviousChapters Next
Arc 6(Wanda's Birthday Catastrophe)-1: A Big Surprise to Anticipate

Arc 06: Wanda’s Birthday Catastrophe

A Big Surprise to Anticipate

It was a lovely day at the School for Gifted Unicorns. The bell rung and the doors opened wide with Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Moondancer, and Danged Spell emerging from the entrance. The younglings looked like they were excited.

“Can’t you believe it?” Twilight said. “We’re going straight to Princess Celestia’s castle.”

“And not just for any ordinary day,” Moondancer said. “Today is Wanda’s birthday.”

“That’s actually a surprise that Wanda gets to celebrate her birthday,” Sunburst said. “Even while she lives with us and not where she came from.”

“Believe it or not,” Twilight said. “Princess Celestia was able to acquire the information for Wanda Young’s birthday. I don’t know how, but it makes me even more excited.”

Twilight got on her two legs and began to dance around with pure joy. She grabbed Starlight by the hooves and danced with her, causing the twin-tailed filly to scream a bit.

“Okay okay,” Starlight said. “I get it. You can stop having me as your dance partner.”

Twilight looked at Starlight and proceeded to let go of her hooves before she blushed with embarrassment.

“Yeah Twilight,” Danged Spell said as he walked up to both fillies. “What are ya, some kind of party animal?”

And with that, everyone yelled out “DANGED SPELL!” before they burst into laughter. Danged Spell stood there with a smug look on his face.

“Worth it as always,” Danged Spell said.

Sunburst calmed his laughter down and wiped a tear from his eye before clearing his throat.

“By the way,” Sunburst said. “I just got word that the ponies from La Maresa are also at the castle, ready to celebrate Wanda’s birthday. Bright Mac brought them here.”

“Wait,” Starlight said as everyone calmed down. “You mean, even Trixie is back in town?”

“Yes,” Sunburst said. “Sunset told me all about it.”

“I can’t believe it,” Twilight said. “I bet Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy are waiting to see all of us. This is going to be the best day ever.”

“Oh Twilight,” Moondancer laughed. “You sure know how to get excited.”

“Maybe even their friend Ditzy Doo will also show up,” Sunburst said. “In fact, I hate to say this, but even I’m getting pretty excited.”

“Well what are we waiting for?” Danged Spell said. “We have a party to attend and no time to waste.”

With that, Twilight, Starlight, Sunburst, Moondancer and Danged Spell took off from the School for Gifted Unicorns and ran towards the Canterlot Castle.

Meanwhile, in another part of the city at a nearby shop, a television screen showed the face of Neigh Nanners, an Earth Pony Stallion dressed up in a gray business suit with a black tie. On the upper right corner of the screen was the image of the now-abandoned Coltsom Juvenile Detention Facility, plus the faces of Hoops, Dumbbell and Score.

“There you have it folks,” Neigh Nanners said on the TV. “Thanks to the work of three renegades who are still at large, the Coltsom Juvenile Detention Facility is no more. What they did is completely unforgivable. In fact, if they were thrown into a cell in Tartarus, they would break out and tear the place apart. But that being said, this attack also proved just how weak our prison system has become. It is time we started abandoning Equestria-runned prisons and start supporting safer and more secure Privatized Prison.”

But nearby in an alley corner, Hoops, Dumbbell and Score had already stuck their heads out, listening to the news that came out of Neigh Nanners. The trio smiled with glee before pulling back behind the alley.

“Did you hear that, boys?” Hoops said. “We’re hated across Equestria thanks to that stunt we pulled back at Coltsom.”

“Oh yeah,” Dumbbell said. “Maybe that will teach that farmer into thinking that we can be punished.”

“Maybe we should take his advice and break into Tartarus next,” Score said. “Imagine what the news would say. Oh I can’t wait.”

“Patience, Score,” Hoops said. “We aren’t just here for a sightseeing tour into Tartarus. We’re here to trash that monkey’s birthday party and make her break down in tears.”

Hoops looked out from behind the alleyway and pointed into the direction of Canterlot Castle. Dumbbell and Score looked on with anticipation.

“Come on, boys,” Hoops said. “Let’s fly over and crash the party.”

But before any of them could move, someone shouted “Hey. You’re the three delinquents who trashed Coltsom.” Hoops, Dumbbell and Score turned to the right to see a group of Canterlot citizens hover over them. They looked extremely livid at the presence of the three pegasi colts, and yet Hoops, Dumbbell and Score were unmoved by the presence of the angry mob, who slowly approached the trio.

“You three should be ashamed of yourselves,” one member of the mob yelled. “Destroying a juvenile correction facility all for your own amusement.”

“When we get our hooves on you,” another mob member yelled. “We’re going to give you the punishment of your lives.”

“Hey boys,” Hoops said with a smug grin. “Wadda say we throw out the garbage?”

Dumbbell and Score nodded with a sinister laugh. They, along with Hoops, immediately grabbed the nearby garbage cans and threw them right at the mob, who freaked out and tried to move out of the way. The cans burst open upon impact with the floor, sending the garbage flying right at the mob and covering them with disgusting filth. Hoops, Dumbbell and Score continued to chuck garbage cans at the mob until they were completely covered with the most putrid waste in Canterlot.

“Hate to make our escape,” Hoops said. “But you all stink.”

Hoops, Dumbbell and Score laughed out loud as they ran away from the mob before they jumped into the air and flew off. The mob of citizens barely got out of the garbage just as they saw the three boys fly off.

“One million bits just for their arrest,” one citizen said. “And they slipped away from our hooves.”

“Forget them for now,” another citizen said. “I’m going to need a long bath after that mess.”

Meanwhile, inside the ballroom at the castle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Trixie, Ditzy Doo, Cozy Glow, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Chancellor Cinch, Shining Armor, Bright Mac and Buttercup were setting up various party decorations around the entire vicinity. Presents were set up on one table, while another had various goodies, like pizza, punch, a large birthday cake, and even apple pie. While everyone was excited to set the whole room up, Bright Mac looked a bit gloomy.

“Honey, you alright?” Buttercup asked.

“I’m still thinking about how those three were able to run an entire prison into the ground,” Bright Mac said.

“Bright Mac, don’t worry about that,” Buttercup said. “I know Granny Smith wanted you to be strong. But I insisted on going with you just so you can cheer up for Wanda.”

“Ma’s right, pa,” Applejack said. “Who cares if those goons could turn Tartarus worse than an abandoned amusement park. What matters is that we at least look forward to life, put in the hard work, and not have to think about those three hoodlums.”

“You’re right,” Bright Mac said. “I’ll be strong…for Wanda.”

“Hearing about what those three did is rather surprising,” Shining Armor said. “I didn’t know they could rally inmates at a Juvenile facility into trashing the place and sending the guards running.”

“It’s true that what they did was horrible, and I sometimes wish I wasn’t so harsh on those three,” Bright Mac said. “But what’s past is past. There’s a big birthday girl who’s about to get the surprise of her life.”

Pinkie Pie bounced on over and said “Yeah. After all, we can’t wait to give that big surprise to Wanda when she steps in here.”

“Well,” Fluttershy said. “What’s surprising was that this was the very place where the Grand Gallopin Gala was held. And that nasty surprise those Changelings and the Windigo’s Guild gave to us.”

“Oh that’s nothing,” Pinkie Pie said. “Unlike those party crashers, my surprises are supposed to be fun and exciting.”

“Oh I don’t like surprises,” Fluttershy said. “They always cause me to want to hide under the table.”

“Oh don’t you worry about that,” Pinkie Pie said, grabbing onto Fluttershy. “I don’t pull those things off since I know you prefer more subtle parties.”

“By the way, speaking of parties,” Rarity said before she turned her head towards Cozy Glow. “Thanks for coming by to help. Sorry to hear about Golden Lace.”

“Anytime,” Cozy Glow said as she was setting up a banner with Rainbow Dash and Ditzy Doo. “That being said, while I do respect Golden Lace’s decision to remain behind, I do miss her.”

“Aww, I’m sorry to hear that,” Ditzy Doo said as she patted Cozy Glow on the back.

“Thanks, Ditzy,” Cozy Glow said.

“You know, that reminds me,” Rainbow Dash said. “I heard Queen Novo and Princess Skystar aren’t going to make it.”

“Well now, I wouldn’t say that,” Princess Celestia said. “They’re running late today. But they promised that they would make it.”

“Is that so?” Pinkie Pie replied. “Ooooh, I can’t wait to see Skystar again.”

Trixie got up on an empty table and took off her magical hat before presenting it to the rest of the group.

“And I, the Great and Powerful Trixie, cannot wait to demonstrate my new magic to Wanda,” Trixie yelled. “For I will make this the best magic show that would make father proud.”

“Well duh,” Rainbow Dash said. “But it’s not just Wanda you’re excited to show off your new magic. It’s also Starlight Glimmer.”

Trixie put her hat back on, lowered herself down to her four hooves and blushed with embarrassment.

“Well,” Trixie said. “I think you got that one right.”

As the younglings all laughed out loud, Bright Mac turned to Princess Celestia.

“Princess,” Bright Mac said. “As much as their joy begins to heal my broken heart, I do have one question.”

“Go right ahead,” Princess Celestia said.

“How did you figure out Wanda’s birthday?” Bright Mac said.

Celestia let out a playful raspberry and said “Oh that’s a secret we won’t tell.”

“Aww come on,” Bright Mac replied.

“There are some things that Princess Celestia and Princess Luna wish to keep a secret,” Chancellor Cinch said.

“Besides,” Princess Luna said. “If we told you the truth, you wouldn’t believe it.”

“Fair enough,” Bright Mac said.

Suddenly, the front door to the ballroom slowly opened up. Everyone turned their attention to the front door as Pinkie Pie ran up to the doorway in anticipation. Slowly, but surely, the door

“SURPRISE!” Pinkie Pie yelled.

But entering through the doorway were Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Moondancer and Danged Spell. Majordomo Kibitz stood right next to the group.

“Well, that was a delightful surprise,” Kibitz chuckled.

Twilight just laughed at Pinkie Pie and said “Pinkie. You know we came here to help you give Wanda that surprise.”

Pinkie Pie just blushed with embarrassment as Twilight, Starlight, Sunburst, Moondancer and Danged Spell walked on in. Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were quick to waltz up to Twilight, while the other unicorn younglings approached the rest of the group.

“How’s it going, Twilight?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Oh, just trying to get through another day at the School for Gifted Unicorns,” Twilight said. “But I did miss you guys.

“We missed you as well, Twilight,” Applejack said. “Along with the rest of your friends here in Canterlot.”

“By the way,” Rarity asked. “Where’s Spikey-Wikey of all dragons?”

“I asked Wanda and Sunset to look after him for the moment,” Twilight said. “Seems that baby dragon enjoys hanging out with Wanda’s companion Abigail.”

“Well that’s too bad,” Fluttershy said. “I would have loved to rock that baby dragon in my arms.”

Rainbow Dash laughed as she said “Fluttershy. You sure have a thing for animals, Shy Gal. In fact, I think you have a thing for little Abby.”

Fluttershy just giggled and said “Guilty as charged.”

Shining Armor immediately ran up to Twilight and gave her a big noogie.

“You made it, Twili,” Shining Armor said. “I take it you’re here for the big birthday bash for Wanda.”

“Oh I am, big bro,” Twilight said. “But I think you just came here for Princess Cadance.”

Shining Armor laughed as he said “Oh you know it.”

But as Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Applejack talked together, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Moondancer and Danged Spell walked up to one of the nearby tables with some of the party goodies. Trixie jumped off the empty table and walked up to Starlight Glimmer

“Glim glam,” Trixie said. “You made it.”

“I’m glad to see you too,” Starlight said as she and Trixie got up on their hind legs and gave each other a hug.

“If there’s anything to go by,” Moondancer said. “The flames of friendship can still burn bright, no matter how far we are from each other.”

“I’ll say,” Danged Spell said.

Immediately, Danged Spell walked up to the table and grabbed an orange plastic horn, surprising Sunburst of all ponies.

“Spell, wait,” Sunburst said. But Spell wasn’t paying attention at all. His gaze was focused on the other younglings with the horn in his hoof.

“The one thing that matters today,” Danged Spell said as he squeezed the horn with his hoof. “Is to make sure Wanda has a smashing good time at her Birthday.”

And with that, Danged Spell crushed the horn with his hoof.

“DANGED SPELL,” Sunburst yelled. “I NEEDED THAT!”

Spell looked at Sunburst and said “Wait. Why did you need this?”

“It has my name on it,” Sunburst replied.

Danged Spell looked down at the horn he crushed. On the bell part of the plastic horn was the name ‘Sunburst’ written on it.”

“Oops,” Spell said as he dropped the broken horn. “Well, you can have mine.”

The others laughed at Danged Spell as he blushed with embarrassment. Twilight walked up to Princess Celestia, who looked eager and excited.

“So is this Wanda’s first birthday party?” Twilight asked.

“Not really,” Princess Celestia said. “Before I sent Wanda to attend my School for Gifted Unicorns, it was a rather small party between her sisters, Luna, and myself.”

“That being said,” Twilight replied. “How did you really figure out Wanda’s exact birth date?”

“Well,” Celestia said. “That’s a secret that I cannot reveal.”

“Come on,” Twilight said in a playful tone. “Did someone tell you who her birthday is?”

Celestia rubbed Twilight on her head and said “If you’re good enough, then I’ll tell you.”

Twilight shook her head, looked up at Celestia “Okay. But I just hope Wanda and the others will make it here for the big birthday bash.”

“Wanda’s not one who wants her parties to be like the Grand Gallopin Gala,” Celestia said. “She prefers smaller parties, and this is no exception to the rule.”

“That reminds me,” Luna said. “When do you think Wanda, Sunset and Cadance will arrive?”

“Judging by the time,” Chancellor Cinch said. “I’d say give them at least a half hour. At least the Man’s Cub is not one who’s late for important dates.”

But meanwhile, in the streets of Canterlot City, Wanda Young was skipping through without a care in the world, and with Abigail by her side. Behind her walked Princess Cadance and Sunset Shimmer, with Spike riding on Princess Cadance’s back.

“La la la, it’s my birthday, la la la,” Wanda sang. “I can’t wait till I become an older human.”

Sunset and Cadance looked at each other and laughed.

“Still can’t believe Wanda is now a year older,” Princess Cadance said. “It felt so long since we discovered her as a baby.”

“But one thing that has stuck with us,” Sunset Shimmer said. “Is the fact that she’s our little sister, and we care all about her.”

“Yeah,” Princess Cadance said. “That and the fact that her birthday is Trotober Sixteenth.”

“I still can’t believe mother knows when her birthday is,” Sunset Shimmer replied. “Makes me wonder where she got the info from.”

“Some say the letter that Celestia got when she adopted Wanda has the exact date of her birth,” Princess Cadance said.

“And what about others?” Sunset Shimmer asked.

“No one knows,” Princess Cadance said.

Spike waved his hands into the air and yelled out “Party.”

“Yes, Spike,” Princess Cadance said. “We’re going over to the castle for Wanda’s birthday party.”

But Sunset and Cadance came to a stop when Wanda let out a slight scream. In front of them were Gold and Silver Banks. While Gold Banks looked both optimistic and smug, Silver Banks looked a bit embarrassed.

“Well hello child,” Gold Banks said in a sickening, yet cheerful tone. “I take it that today’s your birthday.”

Abigail hissed at Gold Banks while Wanda ran up and hid behind Princess Cadance, who glared down at the two older ponies.

“You’re lucky that restraining order was repealed by your boss Creme Dream,” Cadance yelled. “Otherwise I would have gotten my mother to have your butts locked up.”

“Now now,” Gold Banks said. “No need to throw a nasty fit, Princess Cadance. After all, today is your little sister’s birthday.”

Gold Banks uses her magic to move PrincessCadance aside, causing Spike to lose his balance and to fall off Cadance’s back. Sunset was quick to jump out and grab the little dragon as Gold Banks walked up to a scared Wanda.

“Now then,” Gold Banks said. “Let’s see how you have gotten.”

Wanda tried to make a run for it, only for Gold Backs to lift Wanda up with her magic and positioned the man’s cub right in front of her. Wanda could do nothing, but shiver in fear.

“Gold,” Silver said. “Leave her alone. She’s been through enough.”

“Patience, darling,” Gold Banks said. “Patience.”

As Wanda hovered above the ground, shivering and fear and on the verge of tears, Gold Banks observed her height, her face and her hair.

“Hmm,” Gold Banks said. “I don’t notice anything different about her. Not much has changed, except for the fact that she has gotten chubby from too many sweets.”

Gold Banks released her magic from Wanda, causing the Man’s Cub to fall to the ground and hurt her knees. Wanda looked up at Gold Banks as tears began to flow down her cheeks.

“That’s about enough,” Princess Cadance yelled. “Step away from my sister, NOW!”

Gold Banks laughed as she said “Very well. But know this: Your little sister would probably be better off attending Daisy Joy Tech at Manehattan. At least they won’t spoil you like how your mother makes you too much of a Mary Sue.”

Gold Banks walked away from Wanda Young with Cadance, Sunset, Spike and Abigail all glaring at the older mare. Silver Banks’ eyes were too focused on Wanda, who’s tears grew with each passing second.

“I don’t deserve to even be near her,” Silver Banks said. “Not after what we did at the Canterlot Hospital.”

Silver Banks turned around and walked after Gold Banks, hiding his head in shame. Princess Cadance, Sunset Shimmer, Spike and Abigail were confused by Silver’s choice of words.

“Never thought I would hear Silver Bank show a sign of remorse,” Sunset said.

“Neither would I,” Princess Cadance replied. “I hate to admit it, but Silver’s changed since that incident.”

Suddenly, the two heard the sound of crying. Sunset and Cadance looked down to see Wanda bawling her eyes out as her tears formed twin waterfalls.

“That Gold Banks is the worst pony,” Wanda cried. “I don’t want to see her face anymore.”

Princess Cadance levitated Wanda with her magic, causing Wanda’s crying to settle down. She looked up and smiled a bit as Cadance gave her little human sister a big hug.

“Don’t worry,” Princess Cadance said. “As long as I’m around, I won’t let that mean ol Gold Banks get the best of you.”

“Yeah,” Sunset said as Spike and Abigail lined up next to her. “We’re sisters, no matter what. We look out for each other and we support each other.”

“T…thanks guy,” Wanda said as she wiped the left side of her cheek.

Wanda lets go of Princess Cadance as the alicorn’s magical aura disappears from her younger sister. The Man’s Cub landed her two feet on the pavement as Sunset got on her two legs and gave Wanda a noogie.

“Now come on,” Sunset said. “You have a birthday to celebrate.”

As Wanda giggled at her sister’s noogie, Abigail turned her head to the left and suddenly jumped onto her four legs, yelling out “DOG! DOG!” She hissed loudly, getting the attention of Wanda, Princess Cadance, Sunset Shimmer and Spike.

“What is it, Abby?” Wanda asked.

Wanda, Sunset, Cadance, and Spike looked to where Abigail was hissing. In front of them was the same ferocious bulldog with wings. But this time, it had a horn atop its forehead. Wanda immediately shivered again at the sight of the dog.

“Oh no,” Sunset said. “It’s that bulldog again.”

“And it looks like it has a unicorn horn,” Princess Cadance replied. “But how? I thought only ponies could get those kinds of features.”

“I don’t like that dog,” Wanda cried. “Let’s go another route.”

Princess Cadance nodded as she used her magic to put Wanda, Spike and Abigail on her back. Afterwards, Princess Cadance and Sunset Shimmer walked to the right, ignoring the bulldog who growled at them.

“Just don’t pay any attention to the dog and we won’t have problems,” Princess Cadance said.

“I…I hope so,” Sunset Shimmer said.

Suddenly, the Bulldog leaped into the air and landed right in front of the sister group, growling even louder than before.

“Sister,” Sunset said. “I don’t like where this is going.”

The bulldog took a couple of steps forward towards the group, growling even louder. An angry Princess Cadance looked down at the dog as her horn glowed brightly.

“I know I’m not supposed to hurt animals,” Princess Cadance said. She raised her horn in the air and yelled “BUT I WON’T LET A MONGREL LIKE YOU TURN MY SISTERS INTO YOUR CHEW TOYS!”

Princess Cadance fired off a beam of magic right at the bulldog, who stood there undeterred. Wanda and Sunset gasped in horror while Spike and Abigail held each other closely.

Suddenly, the Bulldog’s horn glowed brightly as it swung its head upwards, reflecting the magic shot into the air. Princess Cadance stood there, completely dumbfounded.

“Wha?” Princess Cadance replied. “But that’s….that’s impossible.”

The bulldog stared down the group, growling even louder than before. Cadance and Sunset’s legs shook as they stood there, while Wanda, Abigail and Spike watched from the back of Princess Cadance.

“Guys,” Wanda said. “We should make a run for it.”

Immediately, Princess Cadance yelled “FLEE FOR YOUR LIVES FROM THAT BULLDOG!”

Immediately, Wanda, Abigail and Spike held onto the Princess Cadance as the older alicorn sister and Sunset Shimmer turned tail and made a run for it. The bulldog immediately chased after the group, barking loudly.

“How is it that dog knows where we are?” Sunset Shimmer yelled.

“What matters is that we don’t let him take a chomp out of us,” Princess Cadance yelled.

“I DON’T WANT TO BE EATEN BY THAT DOG!” Wanda screamed as she held on tight.

As Wanda, Spike and Abigail held on, Princess Cadance and Sunset Shimmer ran across the city with the bulldog in pursuit. Many citizens were horrified by the event playing out as the sisters toppled over barrels and crates to try to slow the dog down, who only leaped over the obstacles with ease.

“Nothing’s slowing that dog down,” Sunset yelled. “We need to think of something fast.”

Suddenly, Wanda felt her legs begin to move. She held on even tighter as her legs lifted up by a magic aura.

“HEEEEEELP!” Wanda scream. ‘SOMETHING’S PULLING ME BACK!”

“It’s that blasted dog,” Princess Cadance yelled. “It wants to eat her.”

Sunset Shimmer turned her head back to see Wanda struggling to hold onto Princess Cadance with Abigail and Spike holding on and covering their eyes. Behind Wanda, the Bulldog flew it close to her feet and opened its mouth as Wanda’s legs floated helplessly in the air.

“Oh no you don’t,” Sunset said.

Immediately, Sunset Shimmer fired a blast of magic right at the dog, knocking it down to the ground, and causing Wanda’s legs to fall. The man’s cub landed on Cadance’s back, but held on as tightly as possible.

“I think that did the trick,” Sunset said. “We should be in the clear.”

But the bulldog flew back into the air and dived towards the group, barking loudly before opening its mouth.

“You have got to be kidding me,” Sunset replied.

Princess Cadance noticed an opened door in front of her attached to a nearby wall bunker. She turned to Sunset and said “We’ll hide out here until it goes away.”

“But Wanda’s party,” Sunset said.

“That will have to wait for now,” Princess Cadance replied.

With Wanda, Spike and Abigail holding on for dear life, Princess Cadance ran into the open door with Sunset right behind her, with the bulldog diving even closer to them. But as soon as the group was inside, Wanda, Spike and Abigail jumped off Princess Cadance’s back before the alicorn got on her two legs and slammed the door shut. The bulldog quickly landed on the ground and barked wildly at the door.

Inside, Wanda, Sunset, Cadance, Spike and Abigail breathed a sigh of relief as they heard the sound of the bulldog barking wildly.

“That was a close one,” Wanda said.

“The last thing I needed was to lose my sister on her birthday,” Sunset replied.

Princess Cadance looked outside from a nearby window. She saw the dog bark even louder with not a single citizen paying attention.

“Well,” Princess Cadance said. “Guess I’ll have to contact mother and let her know where we are.”

Immediately, Princess Cadance pulled her cellphone out of her mane and tapped the screen with her hoof. Wanda, Sunset, Abigail and Spike watched on before they sat down and held each other tight.

“Don’t worry, sis,” Sunset said. “Once mother finds out about this, she’ll know what to do.”

“I hope so,” Wanda said. “I’ve waited so long for this birthday. I don’t want to miss out on it through no fault of our own.”

“I know it’s not your fault,” Sunset said. “But don’t you worry. We’ll find a way out. Sister knows what to do.”

Wanda held Sunset tight as the unicorn filly rubbed Wanda on the head. Spike and Abigail walked up to Wanda and Sunset and gave them both a hug. The four looked like they were relaxed.

“Guys,” Princess Cadance said. “I have a problem.”

Sunset raised her head up and said “What’s going on?”

“It’s my phone,” Princess Cadance replied. “For some reason, I can’t get any calls at all. No service either.”

Those words opened up Wanda’s eyes, as she looked at Princess Cadance’s smartphone. On the upper right hand of the screen, the words ‘No Service’ flashed.

“Oh no,” Wanda said. “Can’t this day get any worse?”

To Be Continued in…

A Party Denied

Author's Note:

Truth be told, I wanted to do a Birthday episode for Wanda in a future fic. But I decided to do so now. Partially to bring back the La Maresa younglings and partially because my birthday fell on the 16th of October.

But as you can tell, things have gone horrible for Wanda, Sunset and Cadance. And it's going to get worse with the next part.

PreviousChapters Next