• Published 10th Oct 2022
  • 504 Views, 9 Comments

My Little Pony: One as a Family. "Trials of Friendship" - SaburoDaimando



One month after the events of Life in Canterlot, Wanda will undergo new hardships, including having to separate from friends.

  • ...
18
 9
 504

PreviousChapters Next
Arc 19(Friendship Shattered)-1: Parental Choice

Arc 19: Friendship Shattered

Parental Choice

“So it was Princess Wanda who helped defeat the Pony of Shadows. Interesting.”

Those words came from Queen Chrysalis, who sat down in her throne, intrigued. Next to her was Princess Chrysalis II while Coldnelius Snap stood in front of the duo, bowing to the changeling monarchy.

“It was,” Coldnelius Snap said. “I triggered the portal by accident into sending the Man’s Cub to a thousand years ago, back when the Pony of Shadows turned Princess Celestia into Daybreaker.”

“The Pony of Shadows, eh?” Queen Chrysalis said. “But it looks like you took it seriously enough that you helped Princess Celestia bring her back.”

“Indeed,” Coldnelius Snap said. “Not even she deserved to be stuck there with that abomination.”

“Then tell me,” Queen Chrysalis said. “What is your score against the Pony of Shadows?”

“I never told you or any one of your minions,” Coldnelius Snap explained. “But the Pony of Shadows was an artificial construct created by the very monster who took your mother’s life: Hydia the Alicorn.”

“So she has a name,” Chrysalis yelled, slamming her hoof on the arm rest.

“One of the survivors of Winteris told me about the alicorn who attacked the kingdom,” Coldnelius Snap said. “And I found out that she not only had that name, but she attacked other kingdoms during the fall of Everfree City, taking its magic for herself.”

“And how did you find out that she created the Pony of Shadows?” Chrysalis asked.

“Once I was able to regain myself,” Coldnelius Snap explained, “I was able to follow Hydia to her hideout and learned a horrible truth. She had gathered magic from not just Winteris, but also from the Hippogriff’s old kingdom and even your former throne when your mother, Queen Papilionoidea, once ruled with a kind heart.”

“Queen Papilionoidea,” Queen Chrysalis lamented. “I still remember seeing an alicorn kill my mother with that swift of a strike. Because of that, I never forgot the horror of losing her that day.”

“Because of the crimes of Hydia the Alicorn and the fact that she got away with what she did,” Coldnelius Snap stated, “We vowed revenge against any who got in our way, and so I formed the Windigo’s Guild to freeze this planet ten fold.”

“Seems we have a lot more in common than we realize,” Queen Chrysalis said.

“Yes,” Coldnelius Snap said. “We do.”

But as Coldnelius Snap turned his back and began to walk out, Princess Chrysalis II raised her voice, catching the Windigo’s Guild Leader’s attention.

“Speak,” Coldnelius Snap said.

“This is something that has bothered me,” Princess Chrysalis II asked. “But by any chance, are you a Winterian Ice Pony?”

Coldnelius Snap just laughed over Princess Chrysalis II’s question, much to the confusion of the changeling filly and her mother.

“I am not just an ordinary Winterian Ice Pony,” Coldnelius Snap said. “My real name…is King Glaceious, husband of Queen Icelina, and former ruler of Winteris. The guild members that have stood with me were either those who cast aside their Equestrian roots, or are descendants of the Winterians who survived Hydia’s cruelty.”

As Coldnelius Snap walked away from the throne room, Queen Chrysalis and Princess Chrysalis II stood there, surprised by the revelation.

“The old king of Winteris, back from the dead,” Queen Chrysalis said.

“Mother,” Princess Chrysalis II. “Is it true that he died, long ago?”

“It was,” Queen Chrysalis said. “He was killed long ago by a ravenous beast near his kingdom, rumored to have been sent by Queen Eternia. When his wife Queen Icelina found out, she lost her composure and took her anger out on Everfree City, resulting in the Civil War that ended in their existence being wiped out.”

“And yet,” Princess Chrysalis II said, “He now stands here as our ally.”

“Strange,” Queen Chrysalis said. “I never thought that one of the ancient rulers of old Equestria would be the one who would help us in our crusade against Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.”

Meanwhile at night in the city of Canterlot, Eleanor Young looked up at the moon with the Pony of Shadows’ face glaring down at the city. She let out a sigh before placing her face on her hands and cried into it. Chancellor Cinch walked down the street and sat next to Eleanor, looking a bit gloomy.

“Are you alright?” Chancellor Cinch asked.

“No,” Eleanor Young said. “I’m still upset over the fact that I nearly lost my own daughter..for good.”

“Like I said, it wasn’t your fault,” Chancellor Cinch said. “There were elements beyond your control, like the Windigo’s Guild’s decision to attack us that afternoon, or Coldnelius Snap’s mishap that sent your daughter back. And I hate to admit it, but at least he chose to bring your daughter back.”

“But what if my alchemy would put her in danger again?” Eleanor said. “What if I end up sending her to a place where I can’t find her ever again? At this point, I might as well just hide myself away and never see my daughter again.”

“Don’t say that,” Chancellor Cinch said. “Princess Celestia has been proud to look after your daughter since that night when you brought her here. I was harsh on her because I feared what she would become. But her trials and tribulations through the recent months have made me realize that I was wrong about her. Now it’s time for you to have faith in your daughter.”

But before Eleanor could speak, she heard the sound of ponies talking up a storm nearby, and they sounded agitated.

“Wait,” Eleanor said, pointing to a nearby house. “For some reason, I can hear the parents of Wanda’s friends arguing, and I’m afraid it doesn’t sound good.”

“I’m afraid you’re right,“ Chancellor Cinch said. “And it’s happening at Twilight Sparkle’s house. I know it doesn’t sound right, but we need to see what’s going on.”

Eleanor nodded to Chancellor Cinch before the two walked up to the house, where they looked through the window.

“Can you hear everything they’re saying?” Chancellor Cinch asked.

“Yes,” Eleanor Young replied. “And it sounds like the one known as Firelight Glimmer is the most upset with today’s events.”

Inside the house, Firelight Glimmer stood up in a speech, angry and concerned. His wife, Starseeker Glimmer sat next to Stellar Flare and Sunspot. On the opposite side were Twilight Velvet, Night Light, Crescent Eclipse, Artemis Light, Fortwright and Shanoa.

“You all saw what happened this afternoon,” Firelight Glimmer said. “The Windigos’ Guild launched their attack on this city while in the middle of the ground bridge portal demonstration. I don’t know if any of our children will be safe here in Canterlot.”

“But didn’t the Guild launch an attack on Sire’s Hollow?” Fortwright asked.

“They did,” Firelight Glimmer said. “The fact that they can strike from a small town to this very city says a whole lot.”

“I’m afraid he’s right,” Stellar Flare said. “If they can scare all four of us from Sire’s Hollow, then who knows what else they can do.”

“I still remember what happened that night at the Grand Gallopin Gala when they teamed up with the changelings to ruin our night,” Twilight Velvet said. “In fact, I was going to cheer up Twilight Sparkle that night when they scared her and Spike off.”

“There was also that interference during the wedding just when Princess Celestia was reaching out to Queen Chrysalis,” Artemis Light said. “They’re making this terror feel like an eternity.”

“And not to mention what their leader did to freeze us over,” Crescent Eclipse said. “And it nearly froze all of Equestria.”

“I don’t know if our younglings can have a moment of peace with those monsters out there,” Starseeker said. “Maybe we should take them out of Canterlot if they’re going to keep attacking this city.”

“Now hold on,” Shanoa said. “Our youngsters, especially my little Danged Spell, are capable of fighting back against the Guild. Remember both the Ponyville Providence Fair and the Grand Gallopin Gala? They are capable of holding their own against the Guild and the Changelings.”

Everyone started talking amongst each other after hearing Shanoa’s plea.

“Are you really sure about that statement?” Fortwright asked.

“I am,” Shanoa said. “After all, you were proud of our son when he defeated one of the changelings without his curse and magic.”

“I know,” Fortwright said. “And yet, I wonder if we push our son a bit too far. Sure he can handle the Windigo’s Guild. But how long until he’s pushed to his limit? That being said, I’m not even sure about moving out of Canterlot.”

“I know what you mean by that, Fortwright,” Firelight Glimmer said. “But I still believe that they will focus their efforts on Canterlot in the future. I don’t think we will be safe here anymore. Therefore, I suggest that we take our younglings out.”

“But where would you take her?” Fortwright asked. “First off, they could attack any town if they desire. Second off, there is a chance that they could ambush you should you depart Canterlot.”

“And what’s to stop them from attacking Canterlot again?” Firelight asked. “You may not like it. But the Windigo’s Guild have their sights set more on Canterlot than any part of Equestria. What’s to stop them from trying this again?”

But as the parents inside Twilight’s house argued, Chancellor Cinch and Eleanor Young watched from the outside with worry on their faces.

“So it has come to this,” Eleanor said. “Wanda’s friends are going to move away?”

“Not if I have anything to say about this,” Chancellor Cinch said.

Chancellor Cinch marched up to the front door and slammed it open, catching the attention of everyone in the room.

“Chancellor,” Night Light said. “What are you doing here in the middle of the night?”

“I overheard you speaking about moving away from Canterlot,” Chancellor Cinch said.

“We are considering it,” Firelight Glimmer said. “After what the Windigo’s Guild did today, I don’t think we can afford to keep our youngsters here in Canterlot.”

“Must I remind you that we had a massive snowstorm across all of Equestria thanks to the Windigo’s Guild?” Chancellor Cinch replied. “Or rather, thanks to one Coldnelius Snap? He extracted the hate out of Gold Banks with Venom Frost to quickly plunge all of us into a cold spell.”

“Listen Chancellor,” Firelight Glimmer said. “Even if you are right, what rights do you have to deny us our rights to leave this city?”

“I’m not saying you have no rights,” Chancellor Cinch replied. “What I’m also saying is that you’re also not thinking about your own youngling’s say-so in this matter.”

“This is for their own good,” Firelight Glimmer said. “They’ll understand.”

“By splitting them apart?” Chancellor Cinch said.

“Not if they all live in the same town,” Firelight Glimmer said. “Listen Chancellor. Nothing you say will change my mind. The matter is final.”

“I hate to say this,” Shanoa said. “But I’m afraid Firelight Glimmer has won out. I thought he was out of his mind. But I realize, maybe Danged Spell and Dream Seeker may not be safe here in Canterlot, anymore.”

Chancellor Cinch couldn’t get a single word out of her mouth. She slumped down, defeated and tired.

“Fine,” Chancellor Cinch said. “Name the town you wish to go to.”

“La Maresa,” Firelight Glimmer said. “And I know this sounds dangerous. But can you get your alchemist to fix up the portal?”

“I’ll see what I can do,” Chancellor Cinch sighed.

As Chancellor Cinch started to walk out the door, Night Light and Twilight Velvet walked up to the chancellor, only they looked disappointed.

“Your side won,” Chancellor Cinch said, noticing Twilight Velvet and Night Light. “I’ll have to inform Princess Wanda about the bad news.”

“Actually, it’s about that,” Night Light said. “Though we agree with Firelight Glimmer that Canterlot is no longer safe, we disagree with the idea of moving Twilight Sparkle to La Maresa.”

“Therefore,” Twilight Velvet said, “We’ve decided to move back to Vanhoover.”

“Vanhoover?” Starseeker said in shock. “You’re moving back to Vanhoover?”

“There are two reasons why,” Twilight Velvet said. “First, it’s a far safer place to be instead of La Maresa or Canterlot. Second, it’s also where Shining Armor and Twilight Sparkle were born. It would be an ideal place for the two of them to grow up in.”

“I see,” Firelight Glimmer said. “Guess I won’t stop you from moving back to Vanhoover if that is the case.”

“I think we should discuss this more tomorrow and prepare for our trips there,” Twilight Velvet said. “For now, I think it would be best if you all departed for the night.”

Chancellor Cinch slowly walked out the door and made her way through as Firelight Glimmer, Starseeker, Stellar Flare, Sunspot, Crescent Eclipse, Artemis Light, Fortwright and Shanoa followed from behind.

Outside, Eleanor Young hid in a nearby bush, observing as the other parents walked out of Twilight Sparkle’s house and down the street. But her eyes shifted to a defeated Chancellor Cinch, who walked up to the bush where she hid.

“It’s over,” Chancellor Cinch said. “They’re all going to move away.”

“I overheard,” Eleanor said, pulling herself up from the bushes.”

“Firelight Glimmer has decided to move his daughter to La Maresa, while most of the other parents agreed,” Chancellor Cinch said. “As for Night Light and Twilight Velvet, they have decided to move their daughter and son back to Vanhoover.”

“Oh no,” Eleanor Young said. “Now Wanda is going to have to say good-bye to her friends.”

“But there may be a way to make sure their friendship is not shattered,” Chancellor Cinch explained. “If we can repair the link between the ground bridge portal to La Maresa and create a second one for Vanhoover, then it is possible for your daughter to visit them, anytime she likes.”

“Are you sure?” Eleanor Young asked.

“I’m sure of it,” Chancellor Cinch said. “Either that or I grant her permission to move there.”

Eleanor looked at Chancellor Cinch and said “I’ll do it. But I don’t think Wanda will take the news very well.”

“I know,” Chancellor Cinch said. “I don’t think any of the younglings will take it well.”

But just down the street, Firelight Glimmer looked up at the castle with a worried look on his face.

“You’re not going to go there and tell her,” Starseeker asked.

“I’m afraid I am,” Firelight Glimmer said. “I need to tell Starlight the bad news.”

“Shouldn’t we wait until tomorrow?” Starseeker asked.

“No,” Firelight Glimmer said. “She has to know this now and realize that we can’t stand in Canterlot anymore, nor can we return home to Sire’s Hollow. It’s for her own good.”

Meanwhile, at the Canterlot Castle, inside Sunset and Wanda’s bedroom, the younglings gathered around, enjoying a small party on the floor with various treats and toys, while Wanda stood on her bed speaking towards her friends. Abigail slept next to her while Spike slept next to Twilight Sparkle.

“So when I was sent back in time,” Wanda explained, “I thought I was trapped there for the rest of my life, and I broke down crying. Then I met this pony who called herself Misty Brightdawn.”

“Misty Brightdawn?” Twilight Sparkle asked. “You mean the first orphan adopted by Princess Celestia, and the little sister of King Sombra of the Crystal Empire?”

“Yeah,” Wanda said. “That’s the girl. But…Sombra is King?”

“That’s a story I need to tell you about how Sombra Brightdawn reclaimed his throne,” Twilight Sparkle said. “Some say following the death of Princess Amore Brightdawn, Sombra was raised by a group of rogues who taught him how to survive the harshness of the crystal desert.”

“I’ve heard about the story of King Sombra Brightdawn,” Danged Spell said. “And he sounds like a real diamond in the rough.”

“Danged Spell,” The other younglings yelled before they broke out into laughter.

“What?” Danged Spell joked. “I was telling the truth.”

“Well anyway,” Wanda said, “Sometime after I met Misty, I also saw mommy and Aunt Luna, only they were younger. But they were arguing over something that I didn’t understand, and I didn’t want to see them arguing. But when I tried to break up the fight, the Pony of Shadows appeared out of nowhere.”

“Pony of Shadows?” Sunset said. “Is that the same beast that was giving you nightmares?”

“It was,” Wanda explained. “And it chased us throughout the forest. Once it caught up, it tried to possess Aunt Woona. But Mommy took the blow and she turned into a scary version of herself called Daybreaker.”

"Oh no," Twilight Sparkle said. "Poor Princess Celestia."

"Who'd knew that this Pony of Shadows could turn Princess Celestia into this horrible being?" Sonata Dusk lamented.

"But how did you defeat the Pony of Shadows?" Cozy Glow asked.

"I didn't," Wanda explained. "But Aunt Woona told us to find the Elements of Harmony within the very place that became our school. And it was in the basement where we're not supposed to be."

"So that explains what we weren't allowed there," Moondancer said. "Maybe the Elements of Harmony are down there right now."

"I don't think it would be a good idea to go there," Sunburst said. "We don't want to disappoint Princess Celesia."

"Awww," Moondancer said. "But I want to see the Elements of Harmony."

"Anyway," Wanda said. "When I touched the Elements of Harmony, it showed be an image of five of our La Maresa friends: Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy. After that, Twilight appeared in front of me with a message of some sort."

"Wait," Twilight Sparkle said. "Why was I in that vision along with the La Maresa friends that you described?"

"I don't know why," Wanda said. "But I think I heard you say that you missed me, and that you hope I find my way home, and that no matter what, we're all friends, and we will stick by each other to the very end."

Twilight's eyes popped out a bit as her mouth dropped down.

"Oh my gosh," Twilight said. "I don't know what to say. But for some reason, the Elements must have read my thoughts and it went through time to reach out to you. This is a unique phenomenon that I never realized was possible."

"Not only that," Golden Lace said. "But I'm surprised that you and the five fillies of La Maresa are tied to the Elements of Harmony. There must be some reason why.”

“Even I don’t know why the Elements of Harmony are like that,” Sunburst said. “I’ve read up on this at the library, but even I can’t wrap my head about this.”

But as the younglings were talking and having fun, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and Granny Smith were walking with Firelight and Starseeker Glimmer down the hallway. Though Celestia and Luna, Granny Smith, Firelight and Starseeker were worried.

“Are you sure you don’t want to wait until tomorrow to talk with Starlight?” Princess Celestia asked.

“No, she needs to know about this, right away,” Firelight Glimmer said. “She’ll come to understand why.”

“I don’t like where this is going at all,” Granny Smith said. “Judging by the look on your faces, something terrible has happened.”

“Of course,” Starseeker said. “Once we talk with Starlight, you’ll learn why we had to do this right now.”

Back inside, as Wanda continued to talk about her story, every youngling in the room sat back and enjoyed every moment of it. Starlight Glimmer sat next to Sunburst, eating popcorn out of a bowl in front of her.

“I wonder what the past was like,” Starlight Glimmer said. “Or what Misty Brightdawn was like.”

“Too bad she’s probably gone from this world,” Sunburst said. “Especially if she came from a thousand years ago.”

“But she’s the little sister of King Sombra Brightdawn of the Crystal Empire,” Starlight said. “So what if she’s still alive? And what would she look like?”

“I don’t know,” Sunburst said in a questioning tone. “I have never seen King Sombra, or paid a visit to the Crystal Empire.”

But before Starlight could say anything else, she heard a voice call out her name. Starlight looked out the door and saw her father Firelight Glimmer out.

“Daddy?” Starlight whispered.

But Firelight Glimmer shushed her before signaling her to come outside.

“Will you excuse me, Sunburst?” Starlight said. “I think daddy is calling for me.”

Starlight slowly got up and walked towards the room entrance before stepping outside. She looked up at Firelight Glimmer and Starseeker while Celestia, Luna and Granny Smith stood nearby.

“Daddy,” Starlight said. “Is something wrong?”

“I’m afraid so,” Firelight Glimmer said. “After much thought, we have decided that you should move away from Canterlot?”

“Move…away?” Starlight said as tears began to form in her eyes. “But…I like it here in Canterlot.”

“Starlight,” Starseeker said. “It’s no longer safe to be here after what the Windigo’s Guild did in Canterlot, and in Sire’s Hollow. So as a result, I think the best place for you to go would be La Maresa.”

“But,” Starlight said. “I don’t want to go by myself. I don’t want to leave my friends behind.”

“You won’t,” Firelight Glimmer said. “That’s why Sunburst, Moondancer and Danged Spell will be moving to La Maresa with you as well.”

“But what about Wanda?” Starlight cried. “And Sunset? And what about Twilight Sparkle?”

“I’m afraid Twilight will be moving back home to Vanhoover,” Firelight Glimmer said. “Twilight Velvet and Night Light let me know about this.”

“But….but…” Starlight said, struggling to control her emotions. “But that isn’t fair. THAT ISN’T FAAAAAAIR!”

With that, Starlight Glimmer ran down the hallway crying, leaving Celestia, Luna, Granny Smith, Firelight and Starseeker behind.

“Go comfort her,” Firelight said. “She’ll understand why.”

Starseeker nodded before she ran off after Starlight Glimmer, leaving Firelight Glimmer behind.

“You do realize that the Windigo’s Guild will target La Maresa if they desire,” Celestia said.

“I know,” Firelight Glimmer said. “But they’re more focused on wanting to bring down Canterlot like the changelings did.”

Suddenly, they heard the sound of a little girl sniffling. Celestia, Luna, Granny Smith and Firelight looked down at the doorway, where Wanda stood up at Firelight Glimmer with tears forming in her eyes as well. Abigail stood by Wanda with tears in her eyes.

“Wanda,” Celestia said. “You overheard what Firelight said?”

“Yes,” Wanda cried. “AND NOW MY FRIENDS ARE GOING TO GO AWAY!”

With that, Wanda ran down another hallway, crying her eyes out, while Abigail ran after her. Celestia and Luna stood there, horrified.

“Go comfort Wanda,” Princess Luna said. “I’m afraid this might be the last time she’ll see her friends again.”

Celestia nodded before she went down the hallway, chasing after Wanda and Abigail. Luna looked up at Firelight with a sad look on her face.

“You do realize what you have done with your decision,” Princess Luna said. “Every youngling near you overheard what you said and they’re not going to be happy with your decision.”

Firelight looked back down at the doorway, where Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, Sunburst, Moondancer, Danged Spell, Golden Lace, Cozy Glow, Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk looked up at him with scowls on their faces.

“So that’s just it?” Moondancer said. “We’re all going to have to leave Canterlot now?”

“And I have to leave for Vanhoover tomorrow?” Twilight said in a cold tone.

“Thanks a lot, bimbo,” Danged Spell said.

As the group looked up at Firelight Glimmer with a disappointed look on their face, Firelight just turned his head and walked down the hallway.

“You’ll all understand why we’re doing this,” Firelight said. “It’s for your own good. Even if you can fight back against the Guild and the Changelings, you’re only putting yourselves in deeper harm.”

But before Sunset Shimmer could take a step forward, Granny Smith placed her arm out.

“Better not,” Granny Smith said. “The last thing we need is for a horrible thing to turn even worse than ever.”

“But what about the fact that most of our friends will be gone?” Sunset Shimmer asked.

“I don’t know,” Granny Smith said. “And honestly, I have never seen anything like this in my life.”

In a nearby guest room, Starlight Glimmer cried on the cushion of a chair, soaking it in her tears. Immediately, Firelight Glimmer slowly peeked his head in before walking up to Starlight.

“Pumpky-Wumpkin,” Firelight said. “I know you’re not taking this well. But it’s for your own good.”

“For my old good?” Starlight yelled. “I’m losing a very close friend to me because you want to take me away from my close friend Wanda.”

“But Starlight,” Firelight said. “After what the Windigo’s Guild did to you, don’t you want at least some form of safety?”

“No,” Starlight cried. “Even if I was in danger, I still want to be around Wanda. She’s like a close sister to me. If you take me away, I won’t see her anymore.”

“But we will see her again,” Firelight Glimmer said. “We could always bring her down to La Maresa so you and her can see each other again.”

“That’s just an excuse,” Starlight cried as she glared up at her father. “You never give me what I want and I just want to be close to my friends.”

With that, Starlight ran into a nearby closet and slammed the door before crying her eyes out, leaving Firelight Glimmer all by himself.

“She’ll come through,” Firelight Glimmer said. “I’ll give her all night to cry her eyes out.”

Outside in the front court of the castle grounds, Wanda cried on a nearby stone bench with Abigail standing atop and looking down at her companion.

“It’s not fair,” Wanda cried. “I nearly lost my friends…when I was trapped in the past. And now…they’re all…going away.”

But as Wanda cried, Princess Celestia stepped outside and walked up to the man’s cub, looking emotionally defeated.

“Wanda,” Princess Celestia said. “I didn’t think this would happen.”

“So why?” Wanda cried as she turned to Celestia. “Why does this have to happen to me? Why must I be separated from my friends?”

“I don’t know,” Princess Celestia said as a tear fell from her eye. “As much as I want to stop him from doing this, Gold Banks would put me through the wringer if I did that.”

“So this is it?” Wanda cried. “I’m going to lose my friends, and I’m going to end up alone?”

Wanda turned her face towards the bench before she slammed her eyes into her arms and cried once more, leaving Princess Celestia emotionally exhausted.

“What am I going to do?” Princess Celestia said. “What will everyone, even Argyle Starshine, say when there will only be three students left at the School for Gifted Unicorns?”

Immediately, Princess Cadance and Shining Armor stuck their heads out before walking up to Princess Celestia. Cadance was quick to notice Wanda crying on the bench before walking up to her and placing her hoof on her younger human sister’s back.

“Mother,” Princess Cadance said. “What happened?”

“I’ve got some bad news,” Princess Celestia explained. “After much thought, the families of Wanda’s close friends have decided they’re going to move away from Canterlot to La Maresa.”

“What?” Shining Armor said. “Even mom and dad are going to take us to La Maresa?”

“It gets worse,” Princess Celestia said. “According to Firelight Glimmer, your mother and father have decided they want to move you and Twilight Sparkle back to Vanhoover.”

“That’s not fair,” Shining Armor said, slamming his hoof on the ground. “My dream was to join the Royal Guard, and now it’s going to be smashed into the ground.”

Shining Armor immediately ran towards the gate, prompting Princess Cadance to turn towards him.

“Shining,” Princess Cadance said. “Where are you going?”

“I’m going to talk to my old man about this,” Shining Armor said. “Something has to be done.”

As Shining Armor ran out the gate and into the night, Princess Cadance stood there, comforting her crying human sister.

“Help us all, Eternia,” Princess Cadance said. “We’re all hurting on the inside.”

But nearby, outside of the gates of Canterlot, Gold Banks looked between the bars and took a rather intriguing interest.

“I heard a rumor about that brat losing her friends, and she’s not taking it well,” Gold Banks said with glee. “But at the moment, I believe an opportunity is about to arise.”

To Be Continued in…

Big Brother’s Burden

Author's Note:

Now this is the moment I have been wanting to write about. The day where Wanda's friends are going to move away from Canterlot. However, there are some changes that I put into this arc compared to my original vision, which will include some involvement from resident self-centered aristocrat: Gold Banks. Therefore, there is an second part coming up that will deal with Shining Armor and Night Light. And it's not going to be pretty.

PreviousChapters Next