• Published 10th Oct 2022
  • 504 Views, 9 Comments

My Little Pony: One as a Family. "Trials of Friendship" - SaburoDaimando



One month after the events of Life in Canterlot, Wanda will undergo new hardships, including having to separate from friends.

  • ...
18
 9
 504

PreviousChapters Next
Arc 28-2: Good-Bye Wanda

Good-Bye Wanda

It was the middle of the night at the Canterlot jail. Wild Bet slept in his cell, with no guards around his location.

Immediately, a portal formed next to his wall, causing Wild Bet to wake up. He looked up and saw Gold Banks emerge from the portal, much to his surprise.

“Mistress Gold Banks,” Wild Bet said. “I thought Creme Dream drove you into hiding.”

“Not anymore,” Gold Banks said. “As of now, Creme Dream was relieved of her duties and I have managed to become the new Magistrate of Equestria. What do you think?”

“Oh I approve,” Wild Bet said. “After all, I never cared for that old fossil to begin with, despite her looks.”

“Oh but of course,” Gold Banks said.

Suddenly, the alarm went off as a number of guards swarmed Wild Bet’s cell with their spears pointed at Gold Banks. The leader of the guards opened the door with his keys before pointing his spear at the aristocrat in exile.

“GOLD BANKS!” The leader of the guards shouted. “YOU ARE UNDER ARREST ON BEHALF OF MAGISTRATE CREME DREAM FOR BREAKING INTO CANTERLOT DURING YOUR LIFETIME BAN!”

“Oh didn’t you all get the news?” Gold Banks smirked. “Creme Dream has been relieved of her duties and now I’m the new Magistrate.”

“Like we would buy into that,” The leader said. “Now come on out with your hooves in the air. You are completely surrounded.”

“Wait a minute,” Gold Banks laughed. “Let me get this straight. I put my hooves in the air, like this.”

Gold Banks held her hooves up in the air as her Alicorn Amulet glowed brightly. The guard leader began to back off a bit, only for a powerful aura to surround him. The others just gasped in horror as their leader levitated helplessly off the ground.

“What the hay is she?” One of the guards screamed.

“That’s no pony,” another guard yelled. “That’s a monster.”

“A monster?” Gold Banks laughed. “Me? You all lack imagination.”

Gold Banks thrusted her hoof out as the guard leader was flung out, knocking over the other guards that stood by. As the leader landed right on his fellow troops, Gold Banks walked up to them with a smug look on her face.

“Oh so many guards and so much wasted potential,” Gold Banks said as Wild Bet looked out from behind his cell bars. “It’s a shame that they have to go. Or do they?”

WIth her eyes glowing brightly, Gold Banks fired off a blast of magic from her Alicorn Amulet, surrounding every guard in the vicinity in a hazy aura. They all screamed really loud from the effects of the aura until it disappeared, to which they all slumped down. When Gold Banks approached the downed guards, the leader raised his head up.

“How may I serve you, Gold Banks?” The leader of the guard squad asked.

“Prepare yourselves for tomorrow,” Gold Banks commanded. “You are going to help us capture Princess Wanda and her meddlesome friends.”

“Yes ma’am,” The leader saluted with the others following suit.

As the guards walked away from the jail cell, Gold Banks turned to Wild Bet, who now looked extremely eager.

“Wait a minute,” Wild Bet said. “You’re talking about that brat and her friends who took away my alicorn bulldog.”

“Well,” Gold Banks said. “Looks like you and I have a lot in common. How would you like to get your revenge on them by joining forces with me?”

Wild Bet’s face exploded with delight. He got down on his knees and placed his hooves down in tribute.

“I’ll do it, my lady,” Wild Bet said. “I’ll make them pay for the humiliation they put on me.”

“Excellent,” Gold Banks said. “Because sometime tomorrow, we’re going to get our revenge on Princess Celestia’s so-called children.”

The next morning, the bedroom of Wanda and Sunset looked clean and empty. The closets were shut tight. The bed was cleaned up and made as if no one slept there at all. Every inch of the window had been cleaned up nicely. The dressers were emptied out completely.

Outside in the doorway of the bedroom, Wanda stood by next to a rolling luggage, wearing a backpack on her back. Abigail stood next to her, sighing in silence. Wanda took one good look at what was once her room when Sunset Shimmer walked up to her.

“Getting your last view of our former room?” Sunset asked.

“Yeah,” Wanda said. “This place is going to feel pretty empty once we’re gone.”

“I always thought we would spend our fillyhood here in Canterlot castle after we met each other,” Sunset Shimmer said. “If not, then someone else like in La Maresa. I never thought we would leave Equestria so soon.”

“Yeah,” Wanda said. “Unlike me, Equestria is your home. To have to depart so soon for Evevanya is a sad moment for you.”

“I know,” Sunset Shimmer said. “And not to mention my magic is still locked away until they can find a cure for me. But at least, I can still spend the rest of my fillyhood with you and everyone else.”

“I may not be a pony,” Wanda said. “But I’m glad to have you as my sister, Sunset.”

“The feeling’s mutual, sister,” Sunset Shimmer said as she placed her arm around Wanda’s back and gave her a hug.”

“Wanda. Sunset,” Celestia called from outside the room. “We’re about ready to go.”

“Coming, Alicorn mommy,” Wanda called back.

Sunset Shimmer took her arm off of Wanda’s back as she, Wanda Young and Abigail Albright stepped back from their former room and walked down the hallway, not looking back at the very place they called home.

Soon, Wanda, Sunset and Abigail made their way to the Grand Foyer, one last time. At the bottom of the stairs, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance and Queen Eleanor Young greeted the two sisters and kitty cat. Wanda, Abigail and Sunset walked down the staircase before stepping towards the three adults and one teen.

“Are you both ready to go?” Princess Celestia asked.

“We are,” Wanda said before turning to Princess Luna.

“Wanda,” Princess Luna said. “I’ve known you and Sunset since you both came into our worlds. You brought us joy when it was needed and gave us a reason to smile. But to see you, your sisters, your mother and all your friends depart this world for your own safety breaks my heart, because it’s so hard to say good-bye. But know this. You and everyone who cared for you will always have a place in Equestria. And even if you weren’t the Princess of Evevanya, you will always be a princess in our heart. Thank you.”

Wanda immediately jumped up to Princess Luna and gave her a big hug, with Sunset Shimmer following suit.

“We’re going to miss you, Aunt Woona,” Wanda said.

“And I’ll miss you both as well,” Princess Luna said.

Wanda and Sunset released their hold from Princess Luna before they grabbed their luggage. They walked up to Princess Celestia, Princess Cadance and Queen Eleanor, who looked ready to go.

“You ready, sisters?” Princess Cadance asked.

“We are,” Sunset Shimmer nodded.

With that, Princess Celestia, Princess Cadance, Queen Eleanor, Wanda Young, and Sunset Shimmer grabbed their luggage and made their way out the door, with Abigail walking alongside Wanda. Princess Luna followed from behind, looking back at the Grand Foyer of the castle.

“I truly am going to be alone,” Princess Luna said before she followed everyone else out the door.

Wanda, Sunset, Celestia, Cadence, Eleanor and Luna made their way down the streets of Canterlot once more. There were barely any pony that wandered the streets, as they made their way to the front gate. Nearby, the small castle that was once the School for Gifted Unicorns, now had a closed sign on the front door.

“I can’t believe the School for Gifted Unicorns is gone,” Wanda said.

“And not to mention the Elements of Harmony are sealed away for good,” Sunset Shimmer said. “Too bad we can’t use them at all.”

“Yeah,” Wanda said.”

As they walked down the street, they saw a sign on the Sugar Cube Corner that said “Coming soon: Re-opening Under New Management.”

“This was Pinkie Pie’s dream, and now it’s gone,” Sunset Shimmer said.

“Sure Mr and Mrs Cake will be watching over the place,” Wanda said. “But it won’t be the same without Pinkie Pie running the place.”

“Maybe she’ll open a new Sugar Cube Corner in Evevanya,” Sunset Shimmer said.

Everyone made their way down the street as they headed towards the gate out of Canterlot, where their friends waited for them.

Later that day, outside of Canterlot near the forest, crowds of ponies gathered around a makeshift stage, where Princess Celestia stood ready to speak. Nearby, Princess Cadance, Shining Armor, Karen the Alicorn Bulldog, Sunset Shimmer, Wanda Young, Abigail Albright, Starlight Glimmer, Misty Brightdawn, Golden Lace, Pinkie Pie, Cozy Glow, Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, Sonata Dusk and Spike the Dragon stood ready, and yet anxious. Princess Luna, Silver Banks, Argyle Starshine, Bright-Eyes Starshine, Sunlight Starscout, Majordomo Kibitz, Chancellor Cinch, Queen Novo and King Sombra stood to Celestia’s right. Princess Skystar sat in a sitting wheelchair, looking like she’s about to burst into tears.

“Citizens of Equestria,” Princess Celestia announced. “Many years ago, Wanda Young entered this world with thanks to her original mother, Eleanor Young. It was there that we made her a part of our world, with two sisters, a mother and an aunt who cared deeply for her. She made many friends along the way, and encountered dangers that would last a lifetime.”

The crowd clapped loudly as Wanda looked on with a tear in her eyes.

“But effective today, Wanda’s adventures in Equestria have come to an end,” Princess Celestia announced. “Eleanor Young, Wanda’s original mother, will be opening the portal to her home world of Evevanya. Wanda will depart this world with her friends and most of her family.”

The crowd gasped in horror as Princess Celestia removed her crowd, her necklace and her regalia and placed them on the floor.

“That includes me,” Princess Celestia said. “Effective immediately, I will be stepping down from my position as ruler of Equestria. My sister, Princess Luna, will assume her role of prime rule in my absence.”

The crowd murmured in horror. They talked amongst each other, horrified at the idea of losing Princess Celestia from the world.

“I know why you’re all afraid of losing me,” Princess Celestia said. “Unfortunately, I am doing this for Wanda, her sisters and her friends’ well-being. For now, the first group of Wanda’s friends will depart Equestria for Evevanya. Later, more and more of her friends will leave as well, until we have all left for good. It wasn’t an easy decision to make. But we’re doing this all for Wanda’s well-being. I’m sorry to have to leave you. But my time as ruler of Equestria has come to pass. I love you all with all my heart.”

As Princess Celestia stepped away from the podium, everyone continued to talk amongst each other. But nearby, Mr and Mrs Cake, along with Igneous Rock Pie and Cloudy Quartz with Maud Pie and two other fillies walked up to Pinkie Pie.

“Mom, dad, Mr and Mrs Cake, sisters,” Pinkie Pie cried. “I’m going to miss you all.”

“We’re going to miss you as well, my daughter,” Cloudy Quartz said.

“Don’t you worry, Pinkie Pie,” Mrs Cake said. “We’ll take good care of the Sugar Cube Corner here in Canterlot, even if we had to close down the La Maresa shop.”

As Pinkie smiled for both Cloudy Quartz and Mrs Cake, she turned towards Maud Pie and her two sisters.

“Maud, Marble, Limestone,” Pinkie Pie said. “I’m going to miss you all for now.”

“You will,” Maud said. “But it won’t be for long.”

“Yeah,” Limestone Pie said. “Even though you can be a pain in the rear, you are our sister, and you will be missed for good.”

“Cheer up,” Pinkie said. “Maybe you could move over to Evevanya, create a bigger and better rock farm.”

“That we may consider, Pinkie,” Igneous Rock laughed.

Marble Pie looked up at Pinkie and said “Mmmhmm.”

Nearby, Misty Brightdawn walked up to her brother King Sombra, who looked like he was on the verge of crying.

“I lost you once a thousand years ago when the Crystal Empire fell to a powerful rogue alicorn,” King Sombra said. “I nearly lost you again to Daisy Joy Tech not long ago. Now I must let you go, and I fear I may not see you again.”

“I know, brother,” Misty said. “But at least you’ll know that I’ll be in good hooves with Princess Celestia, and the people of Evevanya.”

“Life won’t be the same without you, little Misty,” King Sombra said as Misty Brightdawn gave him a hug. “But do me a favor, and don’t forget about me.”

“I won’t, brother,” Misty said. “I won’t.”

Nearby, Golden Lace approached her father Silver Banks, who looked teary-eyed.

“Daddy,” Golden Lace said. “I’m going to miss you.”

“I will miss you as well,” Silver Banks said. “It was not that long ago that you and I were more like your mother. But now, we have severed our ties with her, and have become better ponies since.”

“It’s too bad she turned out to be a sick monster,” Golden Lace said “I wish she was more like Princess Celestia, or like Wanda.”

“So do I, my daughter,” Silver Banks said as Golden Lace gave him a hug. “But no matter what, never forget that you are a far better pony than she ever was.”

“I won’t, daddy,” Golden Lace cried. “I won’t.”

Across from Silver Banks and Golden Lace, Princess Celestia approached Argyle Starshine, who looked teary-eyed. Bright-Eyes and Sunlight were also closeby, looking depressed through the observation of the crowd.

“So Mr Starshine,” Celestia asked. “Have you and your family decided to come with us to Evenvaya?”

“I’m going to have to turn your proposal down,” Argyle Starshine said. “As safe as Evevanya would be, my place is here in Equestria.”

“I understand,” Celestia said. “Where will you head to now that the School for Gifted Unicorns is permanently closed?”

“We’re going to fly over to Maretime Bay,” Argyle explained. “Settle down there and find a new means of living. In fact, I’ll say that I’m pretty much done with being a teacher.”

“That’s too bad, brother,” Bright Eyes said. “I was hoping you could teach the future generation about the right and wrong of Equestria.”

“I wish I could, sister,” Argyle said. “But Equestria’s schools are slowly disappearing, and only Daisy Joy Tech is what’s left of the education system. I fear it is far beyond repair.”

“It’s a shame about the education system,” Sunlight Starscout said. “When one pony can go as far as to force our younglings into a system that is far worse than abysmal, that we have no say at all, then it says way too much about the failure of our society.”

“That is true, mother,” Argyle said before turning back towards Princess Celestia. “Princess, it’s been an honor serving you.”

“It’s been an honor as well,” Princess Celestia said before she gave Argyle Starshine a hug.

Near Queen Eleanor, Wanda and Sunset walked up to Princess Skystar and Queen Novo, to which both hippogriffs looked depressed. Especially Skystar, who sat in her wheelchair, looking up at her friends.

“It’s too bad we didn’t bring Silverstream or Ocellus,” Queen Novo said. “They were devastated when they found out that you were both leaving Equestria for Evevanya.”

“It’s a shame as well, Aunt Novo,” Wanda said. “Maybe one day, you should consider changing your mind and come with us to Evevanya with the rest of the Hippogriffs.”

“I wish we could,” Queen Novo said. “But not everyone is on board with leaving all of Equestria behind.”

“Mom’s right,” Skystar said. “As much as I love hanging out with you both, even leaving this planet is out of my own mind.”

“Maybe one day, you’ll all change your mind,” Sunset Shimmer said. “After all, it may not be forever.”

“You’re right,” Queen Novo said. “It won’t be forever. Maybe we will see each other again.”

“You can count on that,” Wanda said as she jumped up and gave Queen Novo a hug.

But near Wanda and Sunset, Starlight Glimmer hugged Firelight and Starseeker Glimmer, who cried in the presence of their daughter.

“I can’t believe we’re going to let you go for good,” Firelight cried. “I’ve already missed you, pumpky-wumpkin.”

“I know, daddy,” Starlight cried. “I thought losing Uncle Meteor Flare was one thing. But now I have to let you both go.”

“Nothing will ever replace you, Starlight,” Starseeker said. “Just promise to do what Princess Celestia and Eleanor Young tell you.”

“I will, mommy,” Starlight cried. “I will.”

Starlight Glimmer hugged her mom and dad one last time before releasing them from her arms. She turned around and walked away from Firelight and Starseeker before tears dropped from her eyes. Firelight and Starseeker held each other close, crying their eyes out.

As soon as Starlight Glimmer approached Queen Eleanor Young, Spike, Shining Armor, Princess Cadance, Karen the Bulldog, Wanda Young, Sunset Shimmer, Golden Lace, Abigail Albright, Pinkie Pie, Cozy Glow, Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, Sonata Dusk and Princess Celestia all followed from behind. Celestia turned to Luna and Cinch, who only waved to her good-bye with tears in their eyes.

“Eleanor,” Celestia commanded. “It’s time. Open the portal to Evevanya.”

“It will be done,” Eleanor Young said.

Queen Eleanor Young held her arms out in the air. Magic formed from her hands as they grew bigger and bigger. The audience stared right at Eleanor as a small vortex began to open up.

“This is it,” Wanda said. “Good-bye Equestria. We will miss you.”

Suddenly, everyone heard the sound of one pony clapping. Princess Celestia turned to the forest area, where Gold Banks approached them, clapping loudly. Next to her was Wild Bet, the royal guards from the jail, and a few Debt Collectors. Karen, Sunset, Starlight, Pinkie Pie and Misty Brightdawn were quick to eye Wild Bet, with Karen growling at her former master.

“What’s he doing here?” Sunset snarled.

“That’s Wild Bet?” Cozy Glow asked.

“Yeah,” Pinkie Pie said. “That’s the monster who abused Karen the Alicorn Bulldog for his own sick, twisted, dogfight ring.”

“Oh that is just disturbing,” Cozy Glow gagged.

“That, I agree with you on,” Misty Brightdawn said.

Gold Banks walked over to the group, her smile still bare and disturbing. Celestia kept her eye on Gold Banks, her eye squinted with anger.

“Gold Banks,” Princess Celestia said. “What do you want?”

“Oh I came here to say good-bye, Princess,” Gold Banks cheered.

“I didn’t ask for your good-bye,” Celestia said. “All I know is that when this is over, we’ll never have to see you again.”

“Oh that’s what you think,” Gold Banks said, walking up to Eleanor Young.

Eleanor ignored Gold Bank’s presence as she kept her focus on the small vortex that began to grow. But Banks looked undeterred.

“So,” Gold Banks said. “You’re heading back to Evevanya, I take it.”

“We are,” Queen Eleanor Young said. “I’m taking my daughter and her friends with me, and you will never see us again.”

“That’s where you’re wrong,” Gold Banks said. “When I last saw Princess Celestia, I told her this: You can take her to the far ends of this planet, or even to another dimension. But no matter what you do, I will find her, and I will take her back to Daisy Joy Tech. I will make her as miserable as possible for my own amusement.”

“No you won’t,” Queen Eleanor Young said as the vortex grew bigger. “Our people are not to be trifled with. You so much follow us into Evevanya, and we will make you regret it.”

“Oh but it’s not just your daughter that we’re coming for,” Gold Banks smirked. “You have children in your world, yes? Go ahead and open the portal. Even if we don’t come for your daughter, there are sons and daughters in Evevanya that we will be glad to take away, just like that.”

Gold Banks pointed her hoof at a nearby tree and fired a bolt of lightning right at it. The thunder hit the tree and it exploded in a powerful blast. When the dust cleared, a smoldering crater formed where the tree and a few others were. Eleanor Young looked at the tree and her eyes shrunk down.

“No,” Eleanor said. “You would be willing to do that?”

“I’m more powerful than your so-called Evevanyian people, your majesty,” Gold Banks said. “Go ahead and open the portal to Evevanya. Once you do, it won’t just be your own daughter that I will take back. I’ll seize every child that exists there, regardless of what species he or she is. You’ll only doom your people to obscurity.”

Eleanor Young dropped her hands completely as the vortex disappeared without a trace. The entire crowd gasped in horror as Gold Banks stepped away from a beaten Eleanor Young.

“What have you done, Gold?” Silver Banks yelled.

“Why, I just told her the truth,” Gold Banks said. “After all, every child in existence belongs to me, be it in Equestria, Evevanya, and even Earth. Children are not the future. They are nothing more than dogs that are bred to serve.”

“You have gone too far, Gold Banks,” Celestia snarled. “We just wanted to be in peace from your tyranny, and you chose to block that chance from happening.”

“The only peace you’ll get is a peace through tyranny,” Gold Banks said before she turned to her soldiers. “Seize them all.”

Immediately, every soldier by Gold Banks’ side marched towards the crowd, much to their own horror. The younglings all gathered around Princess Celestia as she made her way back towards the gate into Canterlot City.

Gold Banks directed her gaze towards Golden Lace and pulled her with her Alicorn Amulet. Lace screamed loudly as she flew towards her estranged mother.

“You’re coming with me whenever you like it or not,” Gold Banks yelled.

“HEEEELP!” Lace yelled.

Suddenly, Silver Banks ran up to Gold Banks and ran right into her, causing his former wife to collapse to the ground and to unexpectedly release her magical grip on Golden Lace, who landed on her four hooves. Golden Lace looked up as Silver Banks held Gold Banks back.

“RUN, MY DAUGHTER!” Silver Banks cried. “RUN AND SAVE YOURSELF!”

Golden Lace was forced to watch as Gold Banks grabbed Silver Banks with her magic and slammed him to the ground. She ran up towards Princess Celestia in the midst of the chaos and held on tight.

“PRINCESS!” Golden Lace cried. “WHAT’S GOING ON HERE?”

“Banks was right all this time,” Celestia said. “There really was no place I could have taken Wanda to where she could take her back. I’ve failed as a mother.”

Immediately, Queen Novo tapped Celestia on the shoulder, catching the Alicorn’s attention.

“We need to get back to the castle this instant,” Queen Novo said.

“Right,” Princess Celestia said.

Immediately, Queen Novo grabbed Princess Skystar’s wheelchair and pushed her through the gate leading into Canterlot. Princess Celestia held onto Golden Lace and ran towards the gate. But she turned around to see Princess Luna carry her regalia.

“What’s the plan, sister?” Luna asked.

“Instead of Evevanya, we’re heading to the Golden Land,” Celestia said.

“Roger that,” Luna said as she ran after Queen Novo and Princess Skystar.

But as Princess Celestia turned towards the others, she noticed Starlight Glimmer, Pinkie Pie, Limestone Pie and Marble Pie, who all looked horrified.

“Mommy, daddy,” Starlight screamed.

“Not our parents and the Cakes,” Pinkie Pie yelled.

Celestia turned around to see Mr and Mrs Cake, Cloudy Quartz, Igneous Rock, Firelight Glimmer and Starseeker Glimmer nabbed by Gold Banks’ own soldiers, consisting of a mix between her own royal guard and the Debt Collectors.

“Starlight, Pinkie Pie,” Celestia yelled. “This way. We have to get to the Golden Land, this instant.”

But Starlight and Pinkie Pie, along with Maud, Limestone and Marble Pie, stood helpless against Gold Banks, whose soldiers grabbed their parents, along with Mr and Mrs Cake. Eleanor Young ran up to Starlight and Pinkie Pie before running towards Princess Celestia.

“GRAB THE OTHERS!” Eleanor yelled.

Immediately, Princess Cadance, Chancellor Cinch and Shining Armor used their magic to pull Maud, Limestone and Marble Pie away before a single soldier could grab onto them. Cadance allowed Marble to land on her back, Shining pulled Maud onto his back and Cinch placed Limestone on hers.

“Round up every pony you can,” Chancellor Cinch said. “We’ll meet you at the castle.”

“Don’t you worry, Princess,” Majordomo Kibitz said. “We’ll be alright.”

Celestia nodded as Majordomo Kibitz, Princess Cadance, Eleanor Young, Shining Armor and Chancellor Cinch ran through the gate with Maud, Limestone and Marble by their side. Karen was quick to follow Princess Cadance and Shining Armor from behind, not bothering to turn back towards Gold Banks nor Wild Bet. Princess Celestia turned towards the other younglings, only to see Sunset Shimmer stare down Gold BAnks.

“Mother,” Sunset said. “Remove my ring this instant. I’ll deal with Gold Banks.”

“Sunset, no,” Celestia yelled. “I don’t want to lose you.”

“If you don’t let me fight, it may not matter,” Sunset said. “Now remove it.”

As a tear slid down Celestia’s cheek, she lit her horn up and surrounded the ring on Sunset’s horn with magic.

“Alright,” Celestia said. “Be careful.”

Princess Celestia pulled the Equinox Ring off of Sunset Shimmer’s horn. The little filly’s eyes turned dark as she faced Gold banks.

“Mother,” Sunset cried. “It’s been an honor to be your daughter.”

As Wanda, Abigail, Spike, Golden Lace, Cozy Glow, Misty Brightdawn and the Dazzlings gathered next to Princess Celestia, Sunset Shimmer transformed into a giant demon and stared down Gold Banks and Wild Bet.

“What in the world?” Wild Bet yelled. “She can do that?”

“Sunset’s Demon form,” Gold Banks laughed. “I forgot that she had that. This will be an amusing fight.”

As Gold Bank stared up at Demon Sunset, the citizens of Canterlot were able to break free from the scared guards and Debt Collectors, who fled behind Gold Banks. Many of them, including Mr and Mrs Cake, Cloudy Quartz and Igneous Rock, and even Firelight and Starseeker Glimmer ran through the gates of Canterlot. Argyle Starshine, Bright Eyes Starshine and Sunlight Starscout ran up to Princess Celestia, keeping their eyes away from Demon Sunset.

“What is that?” Sunlight asked.

“Our last hope,” Celestia said. “Now head for the castle. We’ll follow from behind.”

Immediately, Argyle Starshine, Sunlight Starscount and Bright Eyes Starshine ran through the gate and into the city of Canterlot. Wanda just reached out helplessly towards Demon Sunset, who charged at Gold Banks.

“Sister,” Wanda cried.

Immediately, Princess Celestia grabbed Wanda Young with her magic and flung her onto her back. She then lifted everyone’s luggage with her back before Abigail leaped onto Celestia with Cozy Glow picking up Spike.

“Every pony’s heading towards the Castle,” King Sombra said. “I suggest we make haste.”

“I know,” Celestia said.

And with that, Princess Celestia ran through the gate, carrying everyone’s luggage while Wanda and Abigail held on. Cozy Glow held Spike close to her as she followed from behind. Joining them were King Sombra, Misty Brightdawn, Golden Lace, and the Dazzlings.

Once they were through the front gate, Demon Sunset charged up a blast of magic in her mouth and fired it right at Gold Banks. But Banks did nothing but shield herself from the magic, deflecting it into the sky.

“Okay bozo,” Gold Banks said. “Let’s dance.”

With that, Demon Sunset leaped at Gold Banks as she charged up her magic.

To Be Continued in…

Retreat to the Golden Land

Author's Note:

Honestly. If this were the last arc of the saga, Wanda and her friends would have been in Evevanya by now. But....I'm not one to let a bad situation stay that way.

I love making a bad situation worse.

How worse will it get? Stay tuned.

PreviousChapters Next